• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waldron's on road to Success

Started by DogsWin7, March 02, 2012, 08:48:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How many games will Waldron win in 2013?

0 games
2 games
3 games
4 games
5 +
Will they just be improved

Valleysports

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 15, 2015, 09:17:46 am
Quote from: Valleysports on January 15, 2015, 09:10:44 am
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 15, 2015, 08:24:12 am
Quote from: Valleysports on January 14, 2015, 07:35:49 pm
Ha ha - it's just not the same around here.  Compared to their 4A opponents, does Waldron have a smaller, average, or large student body?

Largest 4A is Monicello with 485.67.  Smallest non private school is Gentry with 303.67.  Waldron comes in at 365.67.  These are the numbers the AAA uses to split up the classifications.

Good Lord - 365 students.  That's just country football right there.  All you can do is coach what you have and hope 2 or 3 athletes cycle through, now and then.

Thats just 9-11th, which you probably understand.

Including 9th?  Probably not 150 males in the whole school.  Two or Three Athletic Families can make all the difference in country schools.  Think of all the schools where Dad was a star - his brother - both their sons - etc..  Most small schools with good football programs - have family legacy's. 

DogsWin7

Valleysports

January 15, 2015, 11:02:17 am #2203 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:14:31 am by Valleysports
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 15, 2015, 09:23:11 am
Junction City, Warren, and Booneville etc all do well.

Seriously Warren, Booneville, Junction City - they do well in what? 

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Valleysports on January 15, 2015, 11:02:17 am

Looks like we got a big city guy that looks down on small towns. 

Valleysports

January 15, 2015, 12:17:40 pm #2205 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 12:39:05 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 15, 2015, 11:40:30 am
Quote from: Valleysports on January 15, 2015, 11:02:17 am

Looks like we got a big city guy that looks down on small towns.

Awwwwww heck no - don't get much more country than I (watching wild turkeys at this moment - wife just called said get deer out of the freezer - going to limit out on Mallards in the morning).   It is what it is -  Dardanelle gets one athlete transfer and suddenly they're the best team in 4A.  Even Waldron might beat them next year.  Or Charleston - because of the competition we have no idea what caliber QB, Ty Story, is.  Didn't you say Bo @ Warren had under achieved because of not winning state with past D1 Players?  I agree with you!

Suzuki Libation Nation

So Waldron probably has 180 males in the top three grades. I don't know what the average percentage is, maybe around 35-40% of that figure normally play football at an average school. So Waldron should have about 63 to 72 kids out each year. In watching the Bulldogs I have observed that number is usually accurate in junior high, but they drop dramatically in senior high. Is this because the kids begin specializing in a sport? Too many have to get jobs? Grade eligibility? They seem to have some athletes walking the hallways that should be on the gridiron.

OLDSCHOOL82

It's been discussed before, many times, in this thread.  Just a few short years ago they fielded a very large rostered
Team.  Winless seasons take care of that.  Types of families and the insanely large rural school district hurts after school activities.

DogsWin7

I heard under 20 are currently out for SR. High.   More in Junior High.

Valleysports

Quote from: Suzuki Libation Nation on January 15, 2015, 04:13:12 pm
So Waldron probably has 180 males in the top three grades. I don't know what the average percentage is, maybe around 35-40% of that figure normally play football at an average school. So Waldron should have about 63 to 72 kids out each year. In watching the Bulldogs I have observed that number is usually accurate in junior high, but they drop dramatically in senior high. Is this because the kids begin specializing in a sport? Too many have to get jobs? Grade eligibility? They seem to have some athletes walking the hallways that should be on the gridiron.

Can someone help us using core math?  It was posted that there are 365 students in the Top 4 grades.  So take a hundred off that - 265 in the Top 3 grades.  Divide that by two (female / males)  132.  What's the percentage of males to females 40/60?  There might only be 106 males in the top 3 grades - certainly not 180.  Using your numbers - 106 x .35 = 37.1 is the number of players expected to play football.  Yes there should be a significant drop off from Jr High to High School. 

Valleysports

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 15, 2015, 04:21:07 pm
It's been discussed before, many times, in this thread.  Just a few short years ago they fielded a very large rostered
Team.  Winless seasons take care of that.  Types of families and the insanely large rural school district hurts after school activities.

What are you - some kind of big city slicker, using fancy names for country schools?  Rural Schools - ha ha
Probably types of families, for the most part - I'm telling you, get a coach with two athletic brothers and you can be like El Dorado.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on January 15, 2015, 07:54:53 pm

Can someone help us using core math?  It was posted that there are 365 students in the Top 4 grades.  So take a hundred off that - 265 in the Top 3 grades.  Divide that by two (female / males)  132.  What's the percentage of males to females 40/60?  There might only be 106 males in the top 3 grades - certainly not 180.  Using your numbers - 106 x .35 = 37.1 is the number of players expected to play football.  Yes there should be a significant drop off from Jr High to High School. 

Just to help out this argument here...Real Numbers from the ADE Data Center Site...Actual Enrollment for Waldron 10-12 is at 338. Males make up 56.5% of the Waldron High School Population(9-12)...Sooo 191 Males with an expectation of 67 players with the formula you are using.

Valleysports

Thanks HF - for getting the correct data.  It doesn't really matter - football is a dangerous sport, these kids are better off keep their brains intact.  However, 20 average 4A Players should be able to handle teams like Lavaca and Fountain Lake. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on January 15, 2015, 08:12:34 pm
Thanks HF - for getting the correct data.  It doesn't really matter - football is a dangerous sport, these kids are better off keep their brains intact.  However, 20 average 4A Players should be able to handle teams like Lavaca and Fountain Lake. 

Lavaca most years...Fountain Lake beat the almighty Scrappers of Nashville this year, So I don't know about that :D

Suzuki Libation Nation

Quote from: Valleysports on January 15, 2015, 07:54:53 pm

The enrollment is for the top three grades Valley. Thanks HF for the numbers, that looks about right.

Valleysports

January 16, 2015, 08:10:49 pm #2215 Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:22:24 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 15, 2015, 09:17:46 am
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 15, 2015, 08:24:12 am
Waldron comes in at 365.67.  These are the numbers the AAA uses to split up the classifications.
Thats just 9-11th, which you probably understand.

Actually I just realized OldSchool wrote 9th-11th, not 12th....  Anyhow I just wanted to know what size they are compared to their opponents.  Waldron is a smaller 4A, with only 338 students. 

OLDSCHOOL82

I used the three grades the AAA uses for the classifications.  I didn't pull up the total from the ADE sight.  Waldron is roughly in the upper bottom half of enrollment in 4A.  Enrollment is not the problem.

HorseFeathers

The numbers from the AAA, would be an average from (Don't quote me on this) 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 for the current cycle...

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Fatfullback on June 19, 2014, 03:31:25 pm
When's the last time you saw a Times Record reporter consult a Waldron Head Football Coach for his opinion on AAA rule changes. Today's paper had an article with Mann giving his opinion on combining 3A and 4A teams for conference play and even a potential set of teams for a conference. That shows the respect he already has with the press. Or maybe since he's new the only accurate cell phone number to reach him in the summer LOL.
well......

PrivateLesson

Heard Waldron is doing very well in practices. 

PrivateLesson

Everyone is enjoying their break....

PrivateLesson

I'm sure that they will all be ready to work hard and I'm sure Coach May has a lot of plans in store. 

PrivateLesson

Hopefully, Waldron will add a couple of wins this year under Coach May.   

PrivateLesson

This thread started March 2, 2012.

WPWells

PrivateLesson

Whatcha say 12th Man!  Lol!!

PrivateLesson

It currently has 2226 posts....

WPWells

It's a lost cause. We're gonna catch you whether you like it or not

PrivateLesson

I know 12th Man...I just came over here to see if you would follow...lol!  :)

PrivateLesson

Besides.....I helped you today on your thread.

PrivateLesson

Waldron is on its 3rd Hire for Head Coach since 2012

Waldron is also on its 3rd New HS Principal. 

PrivateLesson

Proud Buckaroo

Are you talking to yourself... Or what?

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 29, 2015, 05:56:41 am
Are you talking to yourself... Or what?
Lighten up.....I was just having a little fun with 12th Man about his thread....it will be alright PB, don't worry.   

Coach Venny Slocombe

Legend

It will last as long as how much is gas!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 13, 2015, 09:50:47 am
And the road continues... ::)
And I see Waldrons favorite fan has returned to give his opinion.   

Valleysports

Quote from: Legend on October 13, 2015, 10:23:37 am
It will last as long as how much is gas!

I'm thinking about getting ebolin to help me with this one.

PrivateLesson

Keep working it Daddy Freeman....I am sure he will show. 

Coach Venny Slocombe

Legend

Private Lesson do you have and secretarial experience? Or is that going too far?

cuckoobird

Quote from: Legend on October 15, 2015, 07:43:05 am
Private Lesson do you have and secretarial experience? Or is that going too far?
If she does, I'm hiring!!!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Legend on October 15, 2015, 07:43:05 am
Stop.  Not funny and completely out of line.   

Legend

PrivateLesson

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 15, 2015, 07:40:30 am
Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 14, 2015, 08:02:18 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 13, 2015, 09:50:47 am
And the road continues... ::)
And I see Waldrons favorite fan has returned to give his opinion.   
Always...
Have you gotten the opportunity to see Waldron play this year??

PrivateLesson

Hopefully Waldron will snap the 40 loss game streak with Bauxite.     The last game Waldron won was against Subiaco on Oct.14, 2011.   Lots of different coaching techniques and changes over the last several years, tho.

Hornet4ever

Will this program ever get it going?

WPWells

Hornet4ever

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas