• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Songs & Sports

Started by blackandoldgold, November 21, 2018, 10:38:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

blackandoldgold

A shout out to one of the great rock bands of all time Creedence Clearwater Revival & their hit song from April 1970 "Up Around the Bend."

Love to listen to this song as they sing over & over about 'Come on the Rison Win.'

We did win a state championship later that year I guess inspired by that very song.

Any songs you guys like in connection with your favorite team?

WHITEchicken

Sweet home Alabama. Not really I'm not a fan but I do think about the tide every time I hear the song.

xadboy

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 21, 2018, 10:38:02 pm
A shout out to one of the great rock bands of all time Creedence Clearwater Revival & their hit song from April 1970 "Up Around the Bend."

Love to listen to this song as they sing over & over about 'Come on the Rison Win.'

We did win a state championship later that year I guess inspired by that very song.

Any songs you guys like in connection with your favorite team?
Better get your ears checked. The lyric is "Come the risin wind."

elmerfudd

Booneville has a little tradition with "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC. I can't listen to that song without getting chills.

Jimbo Morphis

McGehee plays music during pregame but I'm old and have no idea what it is.

blackandoldgold

Quote from: xadboy on November 22, 2018, 12:36:07 am
Better get your ears checked. The lyric is "Come the risin wind."

Oh (xadboy) you silly Lamarior. I knew someone would double check those lyrics. As the famous Curly Howard once said, "Are you casting asparagus on my cooking?"

However from now on & especially after Friday night ALL you will EVER hear when this song is played is 'COME ON A RISON WIN!'

Doubt me? Then take this test. Hum the theme song from the Oscar Mayer Wiener commercial. Now try as you might don't think about it. Impossible isn't it?

Hey if you now don't like that CCR song, then let's go with the ever popular Ted Nugent & his classic 'CAT SCRATCH FEVER' released  May 13, 1977.

Afraid your Warriors may have a dose of that come Friday night. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 22, 2018, 10:10:35 am
Oh (xadboy) you silly Lamarior. I knew someone would double check those lyrics. As the famous Curly Howard once said, "Are you casting asparagus on my cooking?"

However from now on & especially after Friday night ALL you will EVER hear when this song is played is 'COME ON A RISON WIN!'

Doubt me? Then take this test. Hum the theme song from the Oscar Mayer Wiener commercial. Now try as you might don't think about it. Impossible isn't it?

Hey if you now don't like that CCR song, then let's go with the ever popular Ted Nugent & his classic 'CAT SCRATCH FEVER' released  May 13, 1977.

Afraid your Warriors may have a dose of that come Friday night. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

and you think a song inspired high school kids to win state?

xadboy

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 22, 2018, 10:10:35 am

It's sacrilegious to mis quote CCR!

But on a different note, hope you and your family along with the rest of the fans have a good Thanksgiving.

blackandoldgold

Quote from: xadboy on November 22, 2018, 12:41:26 pm
It's sacrilegious to mis quote CCR!

But on a different note, hope you and your family along with the rest of the fans have a good Thanksgiving.

Hope for a Happy Thanksgiving to you & your's too :)!!!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 22, 2018, 07:45:27 am
Booneville has a little tradition with "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC. I can't listen to that song without getting chills.

This. It was what we played before leaving our locker room to head to the field. It always followed More Human Than Human by White Zombie (now just Rob Zombie.)

Chief_Osceola™

Plus, this is one of the more awesome college football traditions:

https://youtu.be/crhWP__g-_c

It's on my college stadium bucket list.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas