• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Osceola @ Smackover

Started by 501Arkansas, November 16, 2018, 09:42:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who you got?

Osceola
47 (58.8%)
Smackover
33 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 80

teh29

November 25, 2018, 10:38:24 am #300 Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 10:40:18 am by teh29
It appeared to me that he lost his footing and just went with it as well.  He almost converted it as well.  I'm not sure if #5 is being recruited..  That scales if I'm correct (Osceola faithful help me out)..  The kid can flat  out fly..  Even though they all looked like they were spinning tires out there Friday.  Yes,  losing the hb (Turner #6?) hurt smackover.  I think osceola either couldn't get a foot in the mud..  Or he is just that strong/hard to tackle.  If I had to guess, it's the latter.  He was definitely a huge weapon and until he went out..  Osceola hadn't done much to stop him.  Like I said..  I gave all the credit in the world to smackover..  They were impressive..  Lived up to everything everyone said about them..  And I mean it when I say if these 2 teams lined up 10 times..  It would Prolly go 5-5.. The fake punt hurt smack..  The fumble after the fg really hurt..  The dropped picked 6 hurt..  Osceolas qb making plays and scoring a td on a 4th down hurt..  But..  Hey..  He has done that all year.. It was a great game..  Just wished they had a clean surface to play on..  It killed each teams strength..  And it took away from what could have been an even better football game..  Minus the mud..  It was what November high school football is all about. 

501Arkansas

Yeah man number 5 is scales. I agree I wished this game could've been played on a better playing surface. I guess smackover wanted to use the field for advantage over Osceola and it didn't workout. Good game though

teh29

It was a great game to me..  And I honestly underestimated smackover.  I felt like they hung their hats on beating Prescott..  And Osceola ran Prescott off the field last year.  I truly expected Osceola to lay it on them..  And it didn't happen.  And all that credit goes to smackover.  GREAT game.  Once again..  Smackover has nothing to hold their heads down about..  And this one could have went either way..  They both played in the mud.... But one statement I will make.. Hooks is an amazing coach..  Who has turned Osceola around..  Whoever knocked osceolas coaching staff was very uninformed..  They are VERY well coached by a man who knows what he is doing.. 

KOJACK

Quote from: teh29 on November 25, 2018, 10:57:42 am
It was a great game to me..  And I honestly underestimated smackover.  I felt like they hung their hats on beating Prescott..  And Osceola ran Prescott off the field last year.  I truly expected Osceola to lay it on them..  And it didn't happen.  And all that credit goes to smackover.  GREAT game.  Once again..  Smackover has nothing to hold their heads down about..  And this one could have went either way..  They both played in the mud.... But one statement I will make.. Hooks is an amazing coach..  Who has turned Osceola around..  Whoever knocked osceolas coaching staff was very uninformed..  They are VERY well coached by a man who knows what he is doing..
How much longer do you think Hooks will be there? Big schools gotta come calling sooner or later.

teh29

Facts from the inside..  They need to fire their ad..  And. Give him a raise..  If they don't..  He leaves to prove he can win on a bigger stage.. The ad is the former coach..  Who took them to a 2-8 season
. Hooks came in the following year and took the same team to the semis..  If Osceola wants him to stay..  They better make it obvious..  He is the best thing to happen to that program in a very long time..  They would be dumb to let him walk..  So that's my answer.  Pay him to stay..  Idk if they will though..  But if they don't..  It's definitely their loss.. 

KOJACK

Quote from: teh29 on November 25, 2018, 11:03:09 am
Facts from the inside..  They need to fire their ad..  And. Give him a raise..  If they don't..  He leaves to prove he can win on a bigger stage.. The ad is the former coach..  Who took them to a 2-8 season
. Hooks came in the following year and took the same team to the semis..  If Osceola wants him to stay..  They better make it obvious..  He is the best thing to happen to that program in a very long time..  They would be dumb to let him walk..  So that's my answer.  Pay him to stay..  Idk if they will though..  But if they don't.. It's definitely their loss..
I agree

teh29

So do I... Get rid of leggit.. Give hooks every dollar you can..  Make him the ad..  And pay the man! He should make more than gore did 20 years ago..  Pay him..  Keep him.. Beg him to stay..  Whatever it takes..  He could build a dynasty in Osceola..  The talent will always be there..  And he is worth more than every penny they can give him.. 

501Arkansas

I agree with what you guys are saying, hooks love it here, his family is here he is from this area, played football and graduated from rivercrest. Yes Osceola needs to beg him to stay and give him a pay raise but I don't see hooks leaving. I believe he is here for a long time

501Arkansas

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 25, 2018, 11:43:03 am
I agree with what you guys are saying, hooks love it here, his family is here he is from this area, played football and graduated from rivercrest. Yes Osceola needs to beg him to stay and give him a pay raise but I don't see hooks leaving. I believe he is here for a long time
And also he did leave a big school(7A Bryant) to come to Osceola which he was the Offensive coordinator and assistant coach

The Voice Seminole Nation

Quote from: BuckHead on November 24, 2018, 04:45:45 pm
I've talked to alot of people that said they felt like the best team didn't win. Turner had 100 yards in the 1st half and didn't play after halftime. Did #23 from Osceola have only 63 yards total rushing? If Turner played the 2nd half I think Smackover wins considering we dropped an easy pick 6 and muffed a punt on the 1 yard line to set up a touchdown. Just my opinion though.

The best team did indeed win on Friday night, hence the scoreboard.  You are saying that Turner playing in the 2nd half would have given you the win, We have no idea what would have happened.  As far as #23 only having 63 yards, that doesn't matter.  Osceola is not about one player, everyone gets involved on offense, we have no superstars, just players that know their role and deliver at their time.  You have to play a complete game and capitalize on mistakes. This is the state playoffs, not some scrub team that is playing basketball now.  Osceola is for real, as bad as the conditions were, we still found a way to win. That is what good teams do!!!!

bleudog

November 25, 2018, 12:37:51 pm #310 Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 04:01:49 pm by bleudog
With all this posting about where to eat, some of you might get a kick out of this one. 

My niece is a second grade teacher.  During our family Thanksgiving, she told us that as part of the week before Thanksgiving, her class studied Native American tribes.  At the end of the lessons, each kid was asked to pick a tribe they would want to be a part of. 

One of her students, a little chubby fellow, raised his hand and declared he wanted to join the Cinnamon Rolls.

;D

First off, what a game Friday night!!!!  Two heavyweights fought it out Friday night.  I know a lot of you will not agree with me but it was a shame that both teams had to play on that mess Friday night.  I understand both teams had to play in it but it took away so much from the game. Both teams had to just do what they could to get by. Both teams could not showcase their true abilities due to the mud.  Both teams were walking on ice or egg shells out there.  Better field conditions could have show both teams proven ability.  This game came down to special teams.  Special teams is part of the game and it can cost you a ball game.  This is what happened to Smackover Friday night.  A fumble in the first half that Osceola scored on and the punt that was run out of your own end zone that gave the ball back to Osceola on the 9 yard line.  this gave Osceola the opportunity to kick a field goal that eventually won the game for the Seminoles. Let me give you this surprising stat: Osceola has attempted one field goal on the year and that was Friday night in the Smackover ball game.  It was a good game and Smackover has a good ball team, it just didn't go your way on Friday.  We now move on to a good Rison team, we look forward to the challenge!!!  See everyone on the Rison thread board!!!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BuckHead on November 24, 2018, 04:45:45 pm
I've talked to alot of people that said they felt like the best team didn't win. Turner had 100 yards in the 1st half and didn't play after halftime. Did #23 from Osceola have only 63 yards total rushing? If Turner played the 2nd half I think Smackover wins considering we dropped an easy pick 6 and muffed a punt on the 1 yard line to set up a touchdown. Just my opinion though.
You would not have to look very far to find people who said the same thing after the Smackover/Prescott game. The team with the most points won. That's the way it works.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: bleudog on November 25, 2018, 12:37:51 pm
With all this posting about where to eat, some of you might get a kick out of this one. 

My niece is a second grade teacher.  During our family Thanksgiving, she told us that as part of the week before Thanksgiving, her class studied Indian tribes.  At the end of the lessons, each kid was asked to pick a tribe they would want to be a part of. 

One of her students, a little chubby fellow, raised his hand and declared he wanted to join the Cinnamon Rolls.

;D
ROFLOL

WHITEchicken

Yeah I heard turner had full body cramps. Any truth to that? Just kidding. Special teams was definitely one of the differences in this one. This time of year you need a little luck sometimes and Osceola has it Friday. We missed a pick six that Osceola scored on the next play. Caused three fumbles on one play and then ended up kicking it out of bounds. Miss played a punt at the goal line. Turner getting hurt. I'm not saying Osceola got lucky at all. I'm saying this time of year you need the ball to bounce right for you a few times to win it all and it bit us one the butt Friday.

BuckHead

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 25, 2018, 02:35:38 pm
Yeah I heard turner had full body cramps. Any truth to that? Just kidding. Special teams was definitely one of the differences in this one. This time of year you need a little luck sometimes and Osceola has it Friday. We missed a pick six that Osceola scored on the next play. Caused three fumbles on one play and then ended up kicking it out of bounds. Miss played a punt at the goal line. Turner getting hurt. I'm not saying Osceola got lucky at all. I'm saying this time of year you need the ball to bounce right for you a few times to win it all and it bit us one the butt Friday.
+1

Robot Chicken

All that didn't happen!! Osceola caused all of that to happen. According to what Smackover said about Prescott game.
KARMA!!!

501Arkansas

Quote from: Robot Chicken on November 25, 2018, 05:09:19 pm
All that didn't happen!! Osceola caused all of that to happen. According to what Smackover said about Prescott game.
KARMA!!!
I agree

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Robot Chicken on November 25, 2018, 05:09:19 pm
KARMA!!!
Bazinga

Paperman

Voice I hate to tell you, but that was the Seminoles SECOND field goal try of the season. The other one was a successful w4-yard boot by JD Winda. It was the first by Jacob O'Kane.
Either was it was perfectly executed by the Seminoles special team. Pressure kick by a senior in a very difficult situation.

Quote from: Paperman on November 25, 2018, 06:42:24 pm
Voice I hate to tell you, but that was the Seminoles SECOND field goal try of the season. The other one was a successful w4-yard boot by JD Winda. It was the first by Jacob O'Kane.
Either was it was perfectly executed by the Seminoles special team. Pressure kick by a senior in a very difficult situation.

What game was that Paperman, I got my information from the coaches.  I guess we all missed it.....

WHITEchicken

I didn't say they didn't cause it to happen. They caused us to fumble. They did not cause our punter to run out of the end zone. That was field condition. I never said it wasn't bad luck for Prescott to fumble either. A guy can get talked 1000 times and not fumble. That one time that he does while getting tackled is bad luck even if it was caused by the other team.

ISU7

Quote from: teh29 on November 25, 2018, 10:57:42 am
Prescott is not the same team from last year.

ISU7

Quote from: teh29 on November 25, 2018, 11:12:52 am
So do I... Get rid of leggit.. Give hooks every dollar you can..  Make him the ad..  And pay the man! He should make more than gore did 20 years ago..  Pay him..  Keep him.. Beg him to stay..  Whatever it takes..  He could build a dynasty in Osceola..  The talent will always be there..  And he is worth more than every penny they can give him..
I agree Hooks should have been coach and AD from the start that's the way the other two coaches before him were. Give the man AD

The A-Team

Quote from: ISU7 on November 25, 2018, 09:21:58 pm
I agree Hooks should have been coach and AD from the start that's the way the other two coaches before him were. Give the man AD
Coach Hooks need to come back to Camden Fairview.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 25, 2018, 08:46:27 pm
I didn't say they didn't cause it to happen. They caused us to fumble. They did not cause our punter to run out of the end zone. That was field condition. I never said it wasn't bad luck for Prescott to fumble either. A guy can get talked 1000 times and not fumble. That one time that he does while getting tackled is bad luck even if it was caused by the other team.
Sometimes, it's failing to secure the ball.

WHITEchicken

Agreed. But failing to secure the ball and fumbling is pretty bad luck wouldn't you say?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 26, 2018, 07:01:55 pm
Agreed. But failing to secure the ball and fumbling is pretty bad luck wouldn't you say?
Nope. Failing to secure the ball and fumbling is lack of attention to fundamentals, not bad luck.

501Arkansas

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 27, 2018, 11:20:00 am
Nope. Failing to secure the ball and fumbling is lack of attention to fundamentals, not bad luck.
+1 no bad luck when its "crunch time"

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas