• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootens Week 12 Rankings

Started by 501Arkansas, November 13, 2018, 12:27:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

1. Booneville (11-0)
2. Smackover (9-1)
3. Osceola (10-1)
4. Clinton (11-0)
5. Prescott (10-1)
6. Glen Rose (9-1)
7. Newport (9-2)
8. Rison (11-0)
9. Mayflower (10-1)
10. Harding Academy (8-3)
11. Lamar (9-2)
12. Danville (8-3)
13. C. Harmony Grove (8-3)
14. Walnut Ridge (9-2)
15. McGehee (8-3)
16. Mansfield (8-3)
17. Charleston (6-5)
18. Melbourne (7-4)
19. Atkins (7-4)
20. Piggott (6-5)
21. Centerpoint (6-5)
22. Barton (4-6)
23. Greenland (6-5)
24. Hoxie (5-6)
25. Baptist Prep (4-6-1

Hootens picks for 2nd round of playoffs(CAPS is for the winner):

#9 Mayflower at #8 RISON(GAME OF THE WEEK)
#12 Danville at #2 SMACKOVER
#16 Mansfield at #3 OSCEOLA
#10 HARDING ACADEMY at #11 Lamar
#13 C. Harmony Grove at #6 GLEN ROSE
#14 Walnut Ridge at #1 BOONEVILLE
#5 PRESCOTT at #4 Clinton
#15 McGehee at #7 NEWPORT

elmerfudd

FootballSpotlight

Lol we shall see if they are right or wrong😂

elmerfudd

Sick Dog

Why is the number 9 and 8 teams playing the game of the week? You have the 4 and 5 playing against each other and that isn't the game of the week?

SR30

They don't like Clinton I guess.

elmerfudd

FootballSpotlight

Exactly and you should read the write up on that game to haha I died laughing. And you would think the predicted winner would be 4th in rankings not 5th

SR30

Hootens liking of a team is based on how much that team spends on the yearly ad in the magazine. The more you spend the more they write.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 13, 2018, 10:11:13 pm
Exactly and you should read the write up on that game to haha I died laughing. And you would think the predicted winner would be 4th in rankings not 5th
It's called giving a team respect which is something Prescott has earned through the years and Clinton hasn't. When you have played in 18 final fours and 10 state championship games and have won 5 state championships and have a 64 and 22 playoff record which is one if the best playoff winning percentages  in the state you get respect. What has Clinton done in the playoffs? If you beat Prescott you will get your respect!

sax2play8

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 13, 2018, 10:24:32 pm
It's called giving a team respect which is something Prescott has earned through the years and Clinton hasn't. When you have played in 18 final fours and 10 state championship games and have won 5 state championships and have a 64 and 22 playoff record which is one if the best playoff winning percentages  in the state you get respect. What has Clinton done in the playoffs? If you beat Prescott you will get your respect!

Smackover beat Prescott and you didnt give us any respect.

Curleywolf Fan

And don't give me that crap what has that got to do with this year that people like to say. It's called TRADITION!!! We have a winning tradition in football especially the playoffs and you don't.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: sax2play8 on November 13, 2018, 10:28:42 pm
Smackover beat Prescott and you didnt give us any respect.
I give you respect for capitalizing on a turnover that we had to go up two touchdowns with a couple minutes left to win and you recovered and went down and scored at the end of the game to win by 1 point. Good job. I'm pulling for you to make the finals like I'm sure you're pulling for us so we can have a all final 5-3a final. We like rematches because in 1995 we beat Nashville for the district championship and had to play them again for the State championship and beat them 14 to 8. A little history lesson for anyone who cares. 😁

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 13, 2018, 08:47:01 pm
Why is the number 9 and 8 teams playing the game of the week? You have the 4 and 5 playing against each other and that isn't the game of the week?
[/quote

Yeah, especially when you also have a 10 point favorite in one and a 2 in the other.  The Rison-Mayflower game is no slouch but not the game of the week this week, IMO.  Hooten's kind of even said it, lol.

FootballSpotlight

They are tired of driving to Clinton lol

1wildcat

Quote from: Skip Baymore on November 14, 2018, 12:02:58 am
Quote from: Sick Dog on November 13, 2018, 08:47:01 pm
[/quote

Yeah, especially when you also have a 10 point favorite in one and a 2 in the other.  The Rison-Mayflower game is no slouch but not the game of the week this week, IMO.  Hooten's kind of even said it, lol.
Maybe they realized their mistake in the poles and they are admitting the two better teams will be in Rison Friday night. ;D

elmerfudd

This guy gets it.

sax2play8

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 13, 2018, 10:38:41 pm
I give you respect for capitalizing on a turnover that we had to go up two touchdowns with a couple minutes left to win and you recovered and went down and scored at the end of the game to win by 1 point. Good job. I'm pulling for you to make the finals like I'm sure you're pulling for us so we can have a all final 5-3a final. We like rematches because in 1995 we beat Nashville for the district championship and had to play them again for the State championship and beat them 14 to 8. A little history lesson for anyone who cares. 😁
🙄🙄🙄 actually I am not rooting for Prescott. I will be rooting for Clinton. I wasnt impressed with Prescott. And think Clinton takes the win.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: sax2play8 on November 14, 2018, 08:22:28 am
🙄🙄🙄 actually I am not rooting for Prescott. I will be rooting for Clinton. I wasnt impressed with Prescott. And think Clinton takes the win.
What did not impress you about Prescott?

sax2play8

The passing game. Yes Prescott can ran the ball but they just looked average. You talk about who has Clinton played but other than the smackover loss. Who did Prescott play?

HeadBussa08

Mercy Ruled a 2 seed in Mena in 4a and mercy Ruled one of the better 3a teams in the state in Harmony Grove. So have had a few quality opponents I'd say lol

sax2play8

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on November 14, 2018, 08:59:53 am
Mercy Ruled a 2 seed in Mena in 4a and mercy Ruled one of the better 3a teams in the state in Harmony Grove. So have had a few quality opponents I'd say lol

I will give you mena. But chg didnt have there #1 or #2 QBs for that game. So not an impressive win there either

HeadBussa08

They wouldn't have made up for a 40 point difference I assure you.

sax2play8

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on November 14, 2018, 09:13:56 am
They wouldn't have made up for a 40 point difference I assure you.

Didnt say chg would have. But you said they were mercy ruled. When if you add both them players back it could have been a more competitive game

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: sax2play8 on November 14, 2018, 09:21:06 am
Didnt say chg would have. But you said they were mercy ruled. When if you add both them players back it could have been a more competitive game
OK Prescott is just an average 3A team.  I will take your word sax2play8!!!!

HeberFan

Living in the past is kinda sad. Nobody in Clinton needs or wants your respect, because, it's all conditional. How about you go the the high school and look at those old trophies? All you'll see is dust and tarnished metal.

elmerfudd

Quote from: HeberFan on November 14, 2018, 10:00:41 am
Living in the past is kinda sad. Nobody in Clinton needs or wants your respect, because, it's all conditional. How about you go the the high school and look at those old trophies? All you'll see is dust and tarnished metal.

I beg to differ haha

HeberFan

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 14, 2018, 10:07:37 am
I beg to differ haha

What you give is disrespect. That's what is objectionable. You go out of your way to insult an undefeated bunch of high school kids. How mature of you.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: HeberFan on November 14, 2018, 10:08:50 am
What you give is disrespect. That's what is objectionable. You go out of your way to insult an undefeated bunch of high school kids. How mature of you.
Don't you know that Prescott is the State record holder for Tradition and Physicalness.  Not to mention the Capitol for Full Body Cramps.

elmerfudd

Quote from: HeberFan on November 14, 2018, 10:08:50 am

Kids? No. Just the funny fans like yourself who keep tugging on everyone's sleeve, begging for attention. Y'all make it too easy.

HeberFan

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 14, 2018, 10:12:32 am
Don't you know that Prescott is the State record holder for Tradition and Physicalness.  Not to mention the Capitol for Full Body Cramps.

Good point. Think there is a monument somewhere in rememberance of that.

HeberFan

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 14, 2018, 10:15:11 am
Kids? No. Just the funny fans like yourself who keep tugging on everyone's sleeve, begging for attention. Y'all make it too easy.

When you insult kids, adults in the room will object.

elmerfudd

Quote from: HeberFan on November 14, 2018, 10:17:16 am

Well then your kids don't need to be on here posting, then.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HeberFan on November 14, 2018, 10:17:16 am
When the adults don't act like adults the kids learn bad habits. All this is for fun, the kids and coaches decide what the outcome will be.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Oldman on November 14, 2018, 10:29:13 am
When the adults don't act like adults the kids learn bad habits. All this is for fun, the kids and coaches decide what the outcome will be.

+1

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. No one is intentionally going after kids.

HeberFan

Quote from: Oldman on November 14, 2018, 10:29:13 am

Agreed.

As Mark Twain said, "Never argue with a fool. Onlookers might not be able to tell the difference."

Hawgeye

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 13, 2018, 10:31:37 pm
And don't give me that crap what has that got to do with this year that people like to say. It's called TRADITION!!! We have a winning tradition in football especially the playoffs and you don't.

Oh lord, here we go again.

The last time Prescott fans started claiming "tradition" as an excuse for why they would not lose, they lost.

HeberFan

Quote from: Hawgeye on November 14, 2018, 10:52:52 am
Oh lord, here we go again.

The last time Prescott fans started claiming "tradition" as an excuse for why they would not lose, they lost.

As my football coach used to say, "If you're patting yourself on the back for what you did yesterday, you haven't done anything today."

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: sax2play8 on November 14, 2018, 08:22:28 am
I think the reason you're not pulling for Prescott is because you fear having to play us again and you know Prescott will beat you in a rematch because the best team didn't win. Prescott was ahead 20 to 7 at halftime and led the whole game except for the last few minutes when we fumbled on your goal line to go up 2 touchdowns and putting the game out of reach for you. You won't have to worry about playing us anyway because you won't get past Osceola! 😁

MR#1

Personally, I really don't care who Hooten's picked as game of the week. I just want my Wildcats to win this week's game. Go Cats! Beat Mayflower!

PS: Did someone mention tradition in a post above? Hmmm,... the Hedge-Dwellers of Rison, now that's tradition.

sax2play8

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 14, 2018, 10:57:04 am
I think the reason you're not pulling for Prescott is because you fear having to play us again and you know Prescott will beat you in a rematch because the best team didn't win. Prescott was ahead 20 to 7 at halftime and led the whole game except for the last few minutes when we fumbled on your goal line to go up 2 touchdowns and putting the game out of reach for you. You won't have to worry about playing us anyway because you won't get past Osceola! 😁

It's the same excuse over and over. I have no fear of 2 high school teams playing football. If smackover loses well that will suck but it's on to the next day. High school football is for entertainment.  It doesn't control me

AmSycho

Where is "wehatetheband" when you need him?? The sax player vs the band hater would make one entertaining argument. Anyone know how to reach him?

HeberFan

Quote from: AmSycho on November 14, 2018, 12:42:55 pm
Where is "wehatetheband" when you need him?? The sax player vs the band hater would make one entertaining argument. Anyone know how to reach him?

Think he quit this board, immediately after, someone challenged him with the duality of football players who perform with the band at halftime. It was a Schrodinger's Cat moment and he couldn't handle it.

AmSycho

Quote from: HeberFan on November 14, 2018, 12:45:16 pm
Think he quit this board, immediately after, someone challenged him with the duality of football players who perform with the band at halftime. It was a Schrodinger's Cat moment and he couldn't handle it.

Ouch. Could've been epic.

we_hate_the_band

While that may be your occam's razor, you're incorrect, as always. I am much more complicated than my surmised hatred for the wood winds and brass marching sections across the state.

HeberFan

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on November 14, 2018, 01:29:17 pm
While that may be your occam's razor, you're incorrect, as always. I am much more complicated than my surmised hatred for the wood winds and brass marching sections across the state.

Using the word "always" confirms your inability to entertain quantum reasoning. Continue your path of learning, young grasshopper.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: HeberFan on November 14, 2018, 01:36:20 pm
Using the word "always" confirms your inability to entertain quantum reasoning. Continue your path of learning, young grasshopper.

Learn proper punctuation and then get back to me.

Or continue being William Shatner. Your choice.

HeberFan

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on November 14, 2018, 01:43:27 pm
Learn proper punctuation and then get back to me.

Or continue being William Shatner. Your choice.

Suppose you think "immediately after" demands to be followed with "that."

Could be. Examples exist of both treatments. But, hey, examples also exist of Shatner singing and getting great deals on hotels and airfare!

AmSycho

The man!! The myth!!! The legend!!!

He's back.

HeberFan

"Woodwinds" is one word. I could reveal three more grammatical mistakes, but, shan't.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas