• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clinton vs Charleston

Started by Yellowjacket$$$, November 04, 2018, 04:23:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellowjacket$$$

Bearcatdad

Charleston show Clinton how weak their conference really is.   Charleston by 13

elmerfudd

I feel like Clinton is similar to Lamar. I don't know that Charleston can beat them this year, but I do think they'll show Clinton they're not as great as they think they are.

Yellowjacket$$$

Clinton's weak defense is a concern . The defensive line has been pushed around all season unable to get pressure on the qb. The corners and safeties have burned deep over the middle all season .

blackandoldgold

Please excuse my ramblings judge. Give me a little leeway & I'll get back to the topic.

I enjoy high school football history.

Rison went to Barton this year & it was the first time the 2 teams played each other since the 1994 state championship game. Way back in 1989 Barton, during their 63 game winning streak came to Rison & beat Rison rather handily in a state quarterfinal game.

When you check out the other quarterfinal games that year, & what's interesting for Charleston & football fans in general is one of the other games. I'm pretty sure Charleston hosted Hermitage that year & lost to the Hermits. Now Hermitage is playing 8-man football. Who would have thought it.

Getting back on topic.

This game would be one first round game to watch. With so many games having the possibility of being one-sided, this one could be close. I'm going with Clinton at home by 2 scores, but wouldn't be surprised of an upset with Charleston's play-off experience.

FootballSpotlight

Clinton by 30 only because people are underestimateing the fact starters are out by halftime and they are better than everyone thinks. Then who knows maybe they have been saving things to throw in at the playoffs.

elmerfudd

Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 04, 2018, 07:33:49 pm
Clinton by 30 only because people are underestimateing the fact starters are out by halftime and they are better than everyone thinks. Then who knows maybe they have been saving things to throw in at the playoffs.

Every other #1 seed can say the same thing, so I don't think that's really a reason to underestimate Clinton. It's simply their schedule up to this point. I think most #2 seeds, and maybe even a couple of 3 seeds, from other conferences could have ran the tables in Clinton's conference this year. Clinton may very well be legit, but no one is sold yet. There's no doubt they're good. But good and legit are two different things.

FootballSpotlight

Can't wait to see how it plays out. I do know in a scrimmage game at the beginning of the year clinton  against Pottsville they beat them by two touchdowns. It's going to be interesting.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 04, 2018, 08:07:14 pm
Can't wait to see how it plays out. I do know in a scrimmage game at the beginning of the year clinton  against Pottsville they beat them by two touchdowns. It's going to be interesting.

I hope it does play out because we would love to play Clinton.  But it will never happen because Clinton will be out sooner than later due to their weak conference.  Wouldn't be surprised at all if Charleston doesn't put Clinton out.

macadoshis

Charleston picks apart this defense and scores at will. Tigers roll by three scores. 

CatPride

This will be one of the games to watch for sure

beach bum

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 04, 2018, 07:47:50 pm
Every other #1 seed can say the same thing, so I don't think that's really a reason to underestimate Clinton. It's simply their schedule up to this point. I think most #2 seeds, and maybe even a couple of 3 seeds, from other conferences could have ran the tables in Clinton's conference this year. Clinton may very well be legit, but no one is sold yet. There's no doubt they're good. But good and legit are two different things.

What he said.... and if Clinton can beat Charleston then Prescott will score 60 on Clinton the next week.

ChucktownTiger

Tigers build off a big win last week, use their tradition and playoff experience to get the W. Tigers win by 13. Get'em Get'em TIGERS!!!!

CoolBreeze

Like I've heard on other threads about other teams, you can only play the games on your schedule. Clinton didn't chose their conference. Besides, if playing in a weak conference doomed a 1-seed, that would wipe out at least half of them.

FBGM501

Guys this shouldn't be a debate Clinton's secondary has gotten better throughout the season remember Harding was supposed to throw all over Clinton but look what happened there... 24-6 Clinton wins this game

elmerfudd

Quote from: FBGM501 on November 05, 2018, 12:45:57 pm
Guys this shouldn't be a debate Clinton's secondary has gotten better throughout the season remember Harding was supposed to throw all over Clinton but look what happened there... 24-6 Clinton wins this game

Harding also lost to Bald Knob and Hampton (who the heck is Hampton?!?)......

That's why this IS a debate. Harding isn't that great either.

bball14

It is obvious Clinton is in the weakest conference in 3a, they also had a weak non conference schedule compared to other topo 3a teams. But the facts are Clinton went to the quarterfinals of the state tournament last year, and got beat as time expired at Junction City. Clinton brought back 9 guys on defense, and 11 on offense. They have now won 22 of their last 23 games, and Charleston generally a 3a power house is having a down year for them. Yes Charleston will score, they will probably score often, but they won't be able to stop Clinton. I say Clinton wins by 2 touchdowns 42-28.

eagles18

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 05, 2018, 11:09:48 am
Like I've heard on other threads about other teams, you can only play the games on your schedule. Clinton didn't chose their conference. Besides, if playing in a weak conference doomed a 1-seed, that would wipe out at least half of them.
Doomed Mayflower last year.

bball14

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 04, 2018, 04:37:35 pm

Well since you joined the chat, we all know Boonville won't lose in the first round. But second round they get shown how overrated they are, and lose at home.

young_gun

Booneville's conference is no world beaters either. I think it will be a great quarterfinal showdown between Booneville and Clinton. Both have big physical lines and both have quick backs. I don't know as much about Booneville QBs arm but Clinton's can throw and run.

AmericanMan30

panther07

These guys can say this this week and there will never be any backlash. That's the thing. If Chuck wins, they'll say told ya so. If chuck loses, they'll say "Clinton is a 1 seed. They should have beaten Charleston." They won't have to answer for the ridiculous statements they've made so far. Clinton rolls in. Charleston won't be able to stop them on D very often.

beach bum

Quote from: panther07 on November 05, 2018, 01:35:08 pm
These guys can say this this week and there will never be any backlash. That's the thing. If Chuck wins, they'll say told ya so. If chuck loses, they'll say "Clinton is a 1 seed. They should have beaten Charleston." They won't have to answer for the ridiculous statements they've made so far. Clinton rolls in. Charleston won't be able to stop them on D very often.

Weren't you on the Harding/Hampton thread defending the 2-3A? How'd that go?

panther07

November 05, 2018, 02:05:50 pm #23 Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:12:24 pm by panther07
Quote from: beach bum on November 05, 2018, 01:37:47 pm

Weren't you on the Harding/Hampton thread defending the 2-3A? How'd that go?

What in the world are you talking about? I couldn't care any less about what league somebody plays in. Harding got beat by Hampton so Clinton gets beat by Charleston? Some logic there...

Like I said, you guys won't have to answer for this. You'll always have a cop out.

I know you're Nostradamus, but he must be wrong sometimes too. You picked Lamar by 3 scores. One game and now Charleston is back. Ty Storey and Eddie Carmona are back!!!

Bearcatdad

Quote from: bball14 on November 05, 2018, 01:13:06 pm
Well since you joined the chat, we all know Boonville won't lose in the first round. But second round they get shown how overrated they are, and lose at home.
Guess you will be able to come watch after Charleston sets Clinton down!!

Coach Saban

Charleston will win this game by a td.

CoolBreeze

Much more likely that Charleston at Clinton looks a lot like Charleston at Booneville.

Also, Isn't it interesting that the Chuck posters who have been virtually silent all year have come out of the woodwork after Friday's win?

Leo Marvin

CapnObvious

Clinton won't score that much on chuck, if we play to our ability chuck wins 28-21.

Sick Dog

You guys have lost your minds. Im sick and I even know that Charleston doesn't have a snowball chance in July. On their best day and Clinton worse day that won't happen.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 05, 2018, 07:29:33 pm
You guys have lost your minds. Im sick and I even know that Charleston doesn't have a snowball chance in July. On their best day and Clinton worse day that won't happen.

So Clinton is THAT much better than Lamar?

CapnObvious

He's sick Elmer and obviously not using rational.

Sick Dog

Yes they are. Lamar is no threat to anyone.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 05, 2018, 08:03:03 pm
Yes they are. Lamar is no threat to anyone.

Ok haha. Just making sure that's what you're saying. Got it.

I think you're on to something, Capn.

Sick Dog

Not really. Just bored and talking about something I know nothing about. lol

elmerfudd

Skip Baymore

November 05, 2018, 11:45:56 pm #36 Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 11:52:29 pm by Skip Baymore
Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 04, 2018, 04:37:35 pm

That would be 2 weeks in a row that Chucktown would show that no conference isn't that stout after the top team (or two in some).   I'll predict Clinton by 20ish in this one. 

tigersfan86

Charleston has had a low number of kids this year, and have had key injuries to good players at different times of this year. They are the healthiest they have been all year and it showed at Lamar. This will be a good game for sure, but I have to go with the Tigers in a close one. Good luck and safe travels to all.

AlumniLights

It's odd seeing Charleston face off against a team with a version of their old offense. We are already 8-10 years removed from the transition Charleston made from the wing-slot to full-on spread. Kendrick slowly worked it out of the playbook when he began his tenure as OC in 2007. Albeit, he has had a tremendous amount of success since the switch. Back then I would give the edge to Charleston just for the sheer fact of knowledge of the offense across from them. I still believe Charleston comes out victorious, but it won't come easy. This isn't your daddy's Charleston Tigers, but, then again, they are part of the pedigree! Tigers in a close one.

baseball_fan1

This is the Hootens 3A game of the week.

Coach Saban

FBGM501

Charleston is a overrated team yeah they have a good history but historically being good doesn't win games now. Clinton is the overall better team they have 3 really solid backs so they will always have fresh legs on the field

501lakeman

November 06, 2018, 01:07:25 pm #42 Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 01:11:15 pm by 501lakeman
Clinton was in a weak conference last year and look how far they went in the playoffs, so don't count them out

panther07

Quote from: FBGM501 on November 06, 2018, 12:52:36 pm
Charleston is a overrated team yeah they have a good history but historically being good doesn't win games now. Clinton is the overall better team they have 3 really solid backs so they will always have fresh legs on the field

And truly the biggest OL I've seen at this level.

ChucktownTiger

How do you think Charleston is overrated? We are the 5 seed and not even in the top 10? Are you just saying words?

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 06, 2018, 02:11:47 pm
How do you think Charleston is overrated? We are the 5 seed and not even in the top 10? Are you just saying words?
Please win this game Charleston and we will see you guys in 2 weeks.  Not looking forward to a 3 hour drive!

gold45

Hootens has Clinton by 3.  Tigers are healthy and finally have almost all their starters back.  QB has finally started clicking with receivers and has worked out a lot of the kinks since stepping into the role week 6. Clinton is bigger and has some impressive backs but adjustments were made to the defense against Lamar and we all know how that turned out.  Besides, the Tigers defense hasn't really been their main problem this year (with the exception of Booneville which was just bad all the way around.). Tigers are finally clicking on all cylinders and I dare say they will roll into Clinton as the toughest 5 seed  in the bracket!  Tigers aren't ready for that round orange ball. Sorry Hootens, Chuck by 10.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: gold45 on November 06, 2018, 05:46:57 pm
Hootens has Clinton by 3.  Tigers are healthy and finally have almost all their starters back.  QB has finally started clicking with receivers and has worked out a lot of the kinks since stepping into the role week 6. Clinton is bigger and has some impressive backs but adjustments were made to the defense against Lamar and we all know how that turned out.  Besides, the Tigers defense hasn't really been their main problem this year (with the exception of Booneville which was just bad all the way around.). Tigers are finally clicking on all cylinders and I dare say they will roll into Clinton as the toughest 5 seed  in the bracket!  Tigers aren't ready for that round orange ball. Sorry Hootens, Chuck by 10.

+1

Warriors023

Lamar had their "let down" game for the season against Charleston. But that's in the past and lamar is ABSLOUTLEY no comparison to Clinton. Clinton rolls in this one.
Clinton 42
Chuck 14 on the 2nd stringers

CapnObvious

You mighty Warriors have been letting down against Chuck for years 😂. We will take our shot at the top dogs and see how we fair . At the end of the season though just remember we still beat you 😃🤘🏻.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas