• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heber Springs open

Started by whippersnapper, February 13, 2015, 08:33:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whippersnapper

Saw where Farr went to Maumelle. Hired from within last time. What kind of talent returns for the panthers?

beach bum

This is a very attractive job IMO...

footballfan-tastic

Heber has some nice facilities.  How is the long range talent pool there?

cuckoobird

Talent pool? More like cesspool

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 16, 2015, 07:21:41 am
Talent pool? More like cesspool

Is that what is happening in Greers Ferry?

LakeRat

Heber has a strong talent pool... No word from the school on a replacement for Farr or if they are looking internally or outside.

GotInfo?

Any word on what's happening with this job?

Loyalfan1

This is gotta be an attractive situation.  Great geographical location. 

nsuqb10

They must have their man? Job has been pulled from the job board.

Jimbo Morphis

the voice

I heard a big name coach was interested. Could be very interesting next few days

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: the voice on March 11, 2015, 12:20:25 pm
I heard a big name coach was interested. Could be very interesting next few days
check you pm please.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: the voice on March 11, 2015, 12:20:25 pm
Bunch of letters in his name?

the voice

The one I referenced is not going.

whippersnapper

Darren Gowen has been announced as HC via twitter.

UncleRico

Jimbo Morphis

The Ref

cuckoobird

Quote from: The Ref on March 17, 2015, 07:51:40 am
Quote from: Oldman on March 17, 2015, 07:44:08 am
Quote from: UncleRico on March 16, 2015, 09:20:22 pm
Where is he from?
and who is he?
He's been the HS OC there for several yrs
Good, then the tradition of Heber's offense sputtering when they play the birds will continue...

LakeRat

From the Heber Sun Times paper... the other candidates they looked at were:

Kevin McCarn, former Mountain View head coach and Stuttgart offensive coordinator, Searcy offensive coordinator Mark Kelley and Wynne head coach Chris Hill joined Gowen in the final interview stage.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LakeRat on March 18, 2015, 11:36:35 am

Kevin McCarn, former Mountain View head coach and Stuttgart offensive coordinator, Searcy offensive coordinator Mark Kelley and Wynne head coach Chris Hill joined Gowen in the final interview stage.
I wonder why they didn't say Kevin McCarn, Melbourne head coach? And Chris Hill? Lol

UncleRico

March 18, 2015, 08:33:32 pm #21 Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:36:10 pm by UncleRico
They Hired Farr before Gowen and then passed on Chris Hill ???
The kids must love the guy, and they had a good year last year, so I guess if it aint broke

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 17, 2015, 08:01:37 am
Quote from: The Ref on March 17, 2015, 07:51:40 am
Quote from: Oldman on March 17, 2015, 07:44:08 am
Quote from: UncleRico on March 16, 2015, 09:20:22 pm
Where is he from?
and who is he?
He's been the HS OC there for several yrs
Good, then the tradition of Heber's offense sputtering when they play the birds will continue...

I thought the rest of the state sees Stuttgart as Heber Springs little brother?

cuckoobird

Only if a 9-2, our favor, record means nothing

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 19, 2015, 07:04:09 am
Only if a 9-2, our favor, record means nothing

Hey there is some weird logic people use. We beat Lincoln 2 years ago by 4 scores and because their draw was easier and got a round further their posters thought they had a better team. Their 2 losses were by 68 points. Our 2 losses were a combined 3 points.

Tigerdad2

Chris Hill just moves around, he would be there 2 years then leave. How do you feel if you're Wynne, your coach was trying to leave for a smaller school

whippersnapper

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on March 19, 2015, 12:17:16 pm

Chris Hill just moves around, he would be there 2 years then leave. How do you feel if you're Wynne, your coach was trying to leave for a smaller school
I don't think Hill "went after" this job. The newspaper makes it sound like Heber reached out to him. Which is different. Wynne knows what they have with Hill which is a dang good ball coach that has moved around a bit. But now he has Wynne back to where they are used to being and that's playing for championships so he can be more picky with schools.

Tigerdad2

Did Bentonville reach out to him?

LakeRat

Quote from: whippersnapper on March 19, 2015, 11:47:14 pm

I don't think Hill "went after" this job. The newspaper makes it sound like Heber reached out to him. Which is different. Wynne knows what they have with Hill which is a dang good ball coach that has moved around a bit. But now he has Wynne back to where they are used to being and that's playing for championships so he can be more picky with schools.

He went after it enough to agree go through the formal interview process in Heber... I have no idea if he applied for the position himself or was asked by someone in Heber Springs if he was interested. But, if he had no interest in the job he wouldn't have wasted his and the school's time interviewing for it.

Tigerdad2

That's exactly what I was thinking

Rivalshog

Does Heber have any talent?

LakeRat

Quote from: Rivalshog on April 15, 2015, 10:24:05 am
Does Heber have any talent?

Tons of it... plus the play action pass!! ;)

Actually they return several great starters and bring a great 3rd threat at running back up from junior high this year. Looks like a promising season ahead and the head coach has been offensive coordinator for several years so I don't expect any huge changes to the program.

HeberFan

Heber lost a ton of good seniors from last year's team. Keeping a consistent coaching crew will help. Should be a competitive season -- the kind where momentum can feed either way.

Leadbelly

You ever been to Wynne? You ever been to Heber? Enough said.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Leadbelly on May 15, 2015, 03:46:09 pm

yeah, I'd much rather live in wynne

The Ref

Quote from: cuckoobird on May 15, 2015, 03:57:14 pm

Unless you're a farmer, I can't imagine anyone choosing to live in Wynne over Heber

AirWarren

Wynne and Stuttgart are both flat and delta.

cuckoobird

Quote from: The Ref on May 15, 2015, 10:47:15 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on May 15, 2015, 03:57:14 pm

Unless you're a farmer, I can't imagine anyone choosing to live in Wynne over Heber
Not everyone enjoys mountains, and I'm one of them

HeberFan

I guess Cuck prefers mosquitoes, high unemployment rates, high venereal disease rates and great bowling teams. Fair enough.

Jacketman65

Quote from: HeberFan on May 19, 2015, 07:50:46 pm
I guess Cuck prefers mosquitoes, high unemployment rates, high venereal disease rates and great bowling teams. Fair enough.
Don't leave out poor education as per the ADG!

cuckoobird

May 20, 2015, 07:29:09 am #40 Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:07:15 am by cuckoobird
It's better than flies, curvy mountain roads where you can't pass, keeping it in the family, and no titles in the big 3. Plus an average person makes $200 more per week in Arkansas county compared to cleborn co and cross county residents make $100 more per week than cleborn. So, cost of living here is lower with higher wages, can't beat that. One thing you guys will never understand about the school ratings is we have too many people who care nothing about education taking those tests. It doesn't mean the kids who want to learn aren't

Trojanbird

LakeRat

Quote from: cuckoobird on May 20, 2015, 07:29:09 am
It's better than flies, curvy mountain roads where you can't pass, keeping it in the family, and no titles in the big 3. Plus an average person makes $200 more per week in Arkansas county compared to cleborn co and cross county residents make $100 more per week than cleborn. So, cost of living here is lower with higher wages, can't beat that. One thing you guys will never understand about the school ratings is we have too many people who care nothing about education taking those tests. It doesn't mean the kids who want to learn aren't

Those are some interesting quality of life values you cherish... What is the statistical basis for your position on "flies" and the merits of a football program?

cuckoobird

Quote from: LakeRat on May 21, 2015, 09:56:09 am

Those are some interesting quality of life values you cherish... What is the statistical basis for your position on "flies" and the merits of a football program?
ask your buddy heberfan, he started it

Jacketman65

Quote from: cuckoobird on May 21, 2015, 10:18:42 am

No Cuck, you claim to have all of the knowledge - don't deflect the issue!  Really you don't have a clue!

cuckoobird

May 22, 2015, 07:43:53 am #45 Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 07:46:20 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Jacketman65 on May 21, 2015, 11:56:09 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on May 21, 2015, 10:18:42 am

No Cuck, you claim to have all of the knowledge - don't deflect the issue!  Really you don't have a clue!
I do have much more knowledge than you. How me saying I don't like the mountains led to you guys trying to attack where I live is beyond me though

LakeRat

Stuttgart is a nice town... but I want to get to the bottom of this fly issue..?

cuckoobird

Quote from: LakeRat on May 22, 2015, 01:45:23 pm
Stuttgart is a nice town... but I want to get to the bottom of this fly issue..?
I guess when you live in the mountains you don't notice them as much. Kinda like we don't notice mosquitoes. A biting fly is way worse than any mosquito 

LakeRat

It's interesting... I live up on a mountain about 2 miles from the lake. Never see mosquitoes while on the lake but always getting bit up here in the woods.

Back on subject... Panthers got 3 great players vying for the primary running back position. Spring practices are going well under the new head coach.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas