• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro Westside

Started by JohnBarleycorn, February 04, 2015, 09:25:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnBarleycorn

Head football job was posted recently. What state is the program in? Any possible candidates at this stage yet?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on February 04, 2015, 09:25:15 am
Head football job was posted recently. What state is the program in? Any possible candidates at this stage yet?
it's in arkansas.

OB11

They have made the playoffs the last 3 years I believe.  But all 3 years as a 5 seed.  I'm not sure they have made the playoffs 3 times in the programs history before that.  After the first 2 or 3 teams (Pocahontas, Highland, Gosnell), that conference just isn't very good.  Lack of athletes has always been a problem at Westside.  I'm pretty sure they are the only school in the Jonesboro area whose enrollment is not growing.  It will take a culture change there to turn things around.  I would call Westside a basketball school.  It will be an uphill climb for whoever takes on that job.     

JohnBarleycorn

Quote from: Oldman on February 04, 2015, 09:36:07 am
it's in arkansas.

Insightful. Thanks.

Rulesman

Head football job was posted recently. What state is the program in?
it's in arkansas.
Asked and answered. Got to admit that gave me an early-morning laugh.  ;D

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

it's in arkansas.
+1

I concur with Rulesman, I got a little chuckle.

cuckoobird

some people have no sense of humor.

whippersnapper

I think since they've made playoffs 3 straight years they could get some good candidates. The past 2 HC had the right idea by having a run heavy offense so the administration might keep that in mind during the process 

beach bum

Quote from: whippersnapper on February 06, 2015, 03:56:13 pm
I think since they've made playoffs 3 straight years they could get some good candidates. The past 2 HC had the right idea by having a run heavy offense so the administration might keep that in mind during the process

I could not agree more!

Hatchet

Where did the head coach go?

Fife2

The head coach retired after knee or hip replacement surgery... Personally, I think they should hire their JH head coach Coach Engle. He's done a great job with their JH and is great for the kids.

Loyalfan1

What is the athlete pool like at JW?

JohnBarleycorn

Are they close to making a hire?

UncleRico

So Westside hire Bobby Engle, who coached the WR's. Any body know anything else about him?

OB11

Engle will do a good job there.  Passionate guy and has been there for a few years so he should be very familiar with the players and understand what will and won't work.  Hoping he has some success. 

Donnie Jamon

Not many athletes. Good basketball program tho

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas