• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7 - 4A Football 2015

Started by Loyalfan1, February 03, 2015, 09:26:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Loyalfan1

Predictions?  What a great Conference!

~WPS~

Nashville will be the favorite. Arkadelphia and Malvern will be pretty good.
My early prediction is
1 Nashville
2 Arkadelphia
3 Malvern
4-6 Ashdown, Ftn. Lake, Mena
7-8 Waldron might beat Bauxite

Loyalfan1

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on February 03, 2015, 10:08:11 am
Nashville will be the favorite. Arkadelphia and Malvern will be pretty good.
My early prediction is
1 Nashville
2 Arkadelphia
3 Malvern
4-6 Ashdown, Ftn. Lake, Mena
7-8 Waldron might beat Bauxite

Dang 6 of those programs are very good.  Brutal Conf.  Nash is always gonna be Nash.  Arkadelphia combo of great athletes and solid HC.  Malvern great athletes and Coach.  Ashdown hits cycles where athletes are crazy good.  Coach at FL can get kids to think they are giant killers.  and Mena can surprise anyone. 

hogdiggity

Ashdown should be very good, returning 17 starters including all but 1 on the O line.  Biggest loss is RB.

Loyalfan1

and they have keep a Coach more than 2 years.  consistency. 

polksalet

I wouldn't say Mena can surprise "anyone".

~WPS~

Nashville returns all skill positions except for 2, one of those Pettway. Return lineman except for 2 in a group of 7-8 that saw extensive playing time.

Arkadelphia returns their QB and the big RB/TE Kosters. They'll have to fill some holes on defense especially Cooper. The system they run works well and they will be a contender.

Malvern loses some very good playmakers, I think they might return one of the big receivers. The QB is back for his 3rd season. They will have plenty of size and speed and be in the top 3.

Ashdown never can get over the hump on offense. They've got a top notch defense every year but can't score enough to win big games. They have a good 9th grade QB coming up that might help in the next year or so. Northcross is one of the best athletes in the conference and will have to make big plays on offense.

Fountain Lake still has Parker Ross and that style of offense is difficult to stop. I don't think anyone will overlook them this year.

Mena loses the majority of their offensive production. Mena will probably be looking at a down year, but a taste of success will have them wanting more.

Bauxite loses Ben Madison, the only playmaker they had. Waldron is now in it's 2nd year in their coach's system. Waldron could pick up their first win in a few years when they play Bauxite.

Underdog88

I think Mena literally surprised everybody... And I see there defense being pretty tough this year. They where impressive last year and I think they have most everyone on that side coming back.

hawgfan15

Mena's defense was average last year. They lived and died off of turnovers. Losing Daughtery at safety really hurts. The defensive line was suspect. They will return a productive pair of linebackers next year though.

I think Mena fights it out with Fountain Lake for 5th place.

1. Nashville
2. Malvern
3. Arkadelphia
4. Ashdown
5. Mena/Fountain Lake

l0l

I'm not claiming Bauxite will be waltzing through the conference but think they will fight for 5th in conference at least. Not saying it's a groundbreaking achievement for school like malvern and Nashville but they have been on a playoff drought for a while.

To say they only had one playmaker is a bit of a joke. Their QB was having a good season until he tore his PCL in the first series against Arkadelphia. He had 270 RYD and 4 Tds in the first half against Waldon. Cold chance they stop him regardless of Madison. Ftn Lake, Ashdown, and Mena had all they could handle of him. They return a senior running back that also began to pick up stride towards the end of the season as well.

Senior Player named Buddy, if healthy, will also be a game changer for the Miners. I think the new system will benefit the team as well. Team won't compete for top spots but comparing them to Waldron is laughable.

Loyalfan1

Who had the best 9th grade last season?

~WPS~

Nashville's junior high hasn't lost a game in over 4 years.

Loyalfan1

~WPS~

FBfan79

FL needs to get some size to have a chance at getting 3rd or 4th.  A good passing game would really open the door.   Otherwise they fight for 5th...

Hoophawg

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on February 11, 2015, 10:52:28 am
But their H.S. sure has

Bigbossman

Quote from: Hoophawg on February 18, 2015, 11:28:24 am
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on February 11, 2015, 10:52:28 am
But their H.S. sure has
if you hate nashville, you hate merica. ~polksalet

polksalet

FBfan79

Is Arkadelphia playing Hot Springs or are they looking for an opponent?   Most everyones preseason schedule looks the same as last year according to the AHSAA website.

FBfan79

polksalet

The trash down game will be more interesting than usual after their unprovoked attack against our tack team tonight.

AirWarren

58. Wow that's some good numbers.

Dragline

Quote from: polksalet on April 16, 2015, 10:40:07 pm
The trash down game will be more interesting than usual after their unprovoked attack against our tack team tonight.
Backwards there again.
Just a suggestion, wait for the police report before you start blowing smoke.

polksalet

hogdiggity

don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.  There is a reason why 6 Nadville players are no longer in athletics and charges are pending against at least 1 probably going to end up being 2....... 

AirWarren

~WPS~

April 20, 2015, 09:54:01 am #26 Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 10:02:58 am by Ballplayer1
Quote from: hogdiggity on April 20, 2015, 06:57:07 am

don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.  There is a reason why 6 Nadville players are no longer in athletics and charges are pending against at least 1 probably going to end up being 2.......
Suspended and no longer in athletics are two different things. They are suspended. Also don't act like Ashdown isn't involved. Whether they suspend their athletes is their business but they were as much, if not more, involved than Nashville. Both team's athletes should be punished. Ashdown instigated, Nashville retaliated.

Nashville has acted because they expect better of their student athletes. Ashdown on the other hand not so much.

hogdiggity

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on April 20, 2015, 09:54:01 am

Suspended and no longer in athletics are two different things. They are suspended. Also don't act like Ashdown isn't involved. Whether they suspend their athletes is their business but they were as much, if not more, involved than Nashville. Both team's athletes should be punished. Ashdown instigated, Nashville retaliated.

Nashville has acted because they expect better of their student athletes. Ashdown on the other hand not so much.

Ashdown's are being punished more severely than suspended from athletics.  I have no idea what started it, but the coaches from other schools have put the blame on Nashville, particularly 2 people.  The difference is Ashdown's probably won't be back in athletics, Nashville's will.

~WPS~

Quote from: hogdiggity on April 20, 2015, 11:02:53 am
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on April 20, 2015, 09:54:01 am

Ashdown's are being punished more severely than suspended from athletics.  I have no idea what started it, but the coaches from other schools have put the blame on Nashville, particularly 2 people.  The difference is Ashdown's probably won't be back in athletics, Nashville's will.
If that's true then kuddos to Ashdown. I agree with blame for the 2nd fight being put on 1 of the kids from Nashville, he had no business involved or even at the meet. Ashdown is known at track meets for being the mouthiest team. Nashville apparently took exception to it. If Ashdown stays in their camp and doesn't go to Nashville's then this never happens.

It's a bad representation of both schools and towns. Hopefully all this can be settled and put behind. These kids know each other well and I think a lot of this stemmed from things outside of athletics and school. In the end hopefully all this does is add harmless fuel to a rivalry.

SUGARTOWN

So what I'm surmising from the posts is that Ashdown trolled the Scrappers and their athletes fell for it? Is that correct? If so, it would appear the athletes are just like their posters on here...easily trolled.

hogdiggity

[/quote]
It's a bad representation of both schools and towns. Hopefully all this can be settled and put behind. These kids know each other well and I think a lot of this stemmed from things outside of athletics and school. In the end hopefully all this does is add harmless fuel to a rivalry.
[/quote]

This is really all that needs to be said.  Unfortunately (on both sides) there are some knuckleheads with large mouths.  The last incident, you are right the kid wasn't even participating and sucker punched an athlete while he was bent over putting gear up.  He did this in front of the Assistant AD and the track coach, kind of hard denying that one.  The beginning in the stands, who knows what was said/done up there but it may cost one person their college future which is just dumb no matter where the kid was from.

hawgfan15

Nashville had their spring scrimmage yesterday. This will be a very talented team.

Nashville is hosting a team camp Friday. I'm not sure who will all be there but I am hoping to see a few other 7-4A schools.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: hawgfan15 on June 04, 2015, 01:15:04 pm
Nashville had their spring scrimmage yesterday. This will be a very talented team.

Nashville is hosting a team camp Friday. I'm not sure who will all be there but I am hoping to see a few other 7-4A schools.
hopefully ashdown.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Oldman on June 04, 2015, 01:17:56 pm

hopefully ashdown.

I will have my phone out and ready.

cuckoobird

Has Nashville cleared their heads from the beatdown at the track meet? I'd hate to see a knockout in round two

FBfan79

Mind posting your take on the 4A teams that show?

hawgfan15

Quote from: FBfan79 on June 04, 2015, 04:36:51 pm

Mind posting your take on the 4A teams that show?

Yeah I hope to make it over there tomorrow and I will post what I see.

FBfan79

FL will be facing Stuttgart's 2014 season-ending foe CAC in preseason scrimmage this year.  Who does everyone else have?

hawgfan15

I assume Nashville and El Dorado will have their annual scrimmage.

mharris31696

Arkadelphia has Vilonia for their scrimmage.

SUGARTOWN

June 13, 2015, 09:45:36 am #40 Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 10:13:32 am by SUGARTOWN
Nice piece about Coach Laird in the Dem-Gaz yesterday.

FBfan79

June 16, 2015, 04:09:12 pm #41 Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 04:19:19 pm by FBfan79
Toughest schedule award goes to FL- print the shirts

Maumelle - Top 5 projected 5A
@ LRC - Top 10 projected 5A
@ Nashville - Top 5 projected 4A
@ Arkadelphia - Top 5 projected 4A
Malvern - Top 5 projected 4A

Also Ashdown and @Mena

Brutal schedule for the Cobras

hawgfan15

Fountain Lake could be this years surprise team. I think they could be as high as a 3 seed for the playoffs. Playing @Nashville and @Arkadelphia might look brutal on paper but it sets the Cobras up for home field against Malvern and Ashdown, two important games for playoff seeding.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: hawgfan15 on June 17, 2015, 03:30:52 pm
Fountain Lake could be this years surprise team. I think they could be as high as a 3 seed for the playoffs. Playing @Nashville and @Arkadelphia might look brutal on paper but it sets the Cobras up for home field against Malvern and Ashdown, two important games for playoff seeding.
Playing a tough schedule can work two ways. You'll either get tough or throw in the towel.

FBfan79

FL won the state's oldest 7on7 tourney this past weekend.  Couldnt make it but it sounds like new QB Turner is progressing well.  Hoping the Oline takes a step forward this year.  Ready for September.

Lumberjackfan1978

Playing tough teams always helps warren

-Mark-

Got a chance to see Fountain Lake at Pulaski Academy's team camp. I was pretty impressed with the new-look Cobras. This could be one of the best offenses the team has boasted in recent years. However, a brutal schedule in a brutal conference lies ahead. It should be a fun year.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: FBfan79 on July 20, 2015, 03:33:53 pm
FL won the state's oldest 7on7 tourney this past weekend.  Couldnt make it but it sounds like new QB Turner is progressing well.  Hoping the Oline takes a step forward this year.  Ready for September.

Who did they beat?

FBfan79

July 21, 2015, 12:54:54 pm #48 Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 12:59:30 pm by FBfan79
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 21, 2015, 12:39:49 pm
Quote from: FBfan79 on July 20, 2015, 03:33:53 pm

Who did they beat?

Lake Hamilton and Heber Springs were two they posted in the paper.  I think Benton was there but not sure if they played.  Im sure some teams had some players out... FL did.  There were some other teams too but those were some of the bigger schools.

FBfan79

So... RPS has Nash, Ark, Malvern, and Ashdown in the top 6? 

7-4A strong

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas