• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8-4a

Started by RUSH, January 09, 2015, 09:42:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CounterPunch

Star City returns their whole team and all skill players except the running back.

Bulldog92

Interesting green eagle, I wouldn't have thought you would put SC in the top four!!! Thanks for that vote of confidence!!

RUSH

Quote from: Bulldog92 on March 07, 2015, 09:14:42 am
Interesting green eagle, I wouldn't have thought you would put SC in the top four!!! Thanks for that vote of confidence!!
this from someone who put Crossett at 3! That would be like me from dumas putting us at 2! Unlike crossett dude I do use my common sense!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CounterPunch on March 06, 2015, 11:20:07 pm
Star City returns their whole team and all skill players except the running back.
the running back who was 75% of your skill?

RUSH

Quote from: Oldman on March 07, 2015, 07:00:20 pm
thats the one!

green-eagle

Quote from: RUSH on March 07, 2015, 05:11:04 pm
this from someone who put Crossett at 3! That would be like me from dumas putting us at 2! Unlike crossett dude I do use my common sense!

Now, dont drag yourself down to my level...I'm basing this solely on the way Star City played Crossett last year...yes Star City did beat Dollarway! How? I still trying to figure that one out.... but when SC had Crossett down 33-14 with 6 minutes left and COULD NOT PUT IT AWAY.....I figure Star City has come internal problems. Then there were chatter out on this board that the coach of Star City sit some starters,  so they would GET A FIFTH SEED instead of a fourth seed in the up coming playoff because he like the one on one match up with Newport instead of Heber Springs....again I believe Star City is hiding some issue.

Now, i fully aware that, "that is last year and not this year"........but this is an opinion driven board!

cuckoobird

I thought all posts were fact

CounterPunch

Quote from: Oldman on March 07, 2015, 07:00:20 pm
oh c'mon it's only about 56%

CounterPunch

Quote from: green-eagle on March 09, 2015, 11:05:27 am
Quote from: RUSH on March 07, 2015, 05:11:04 pm

Now, dont drag yourself down to my level...I'm basing this solely on the way Star City played Crossett last year...yes Star City did beat Dollarway! How? I still trying to figure that one out.... but when SC had Crossett down 33-14 with 6 minutes left and COULD NOT PUT IT AWAY.....I figure Star City has come internal problems. Then there were chatter out on this board that the coach of Star City sit some starters,  so they would GET A FIFTH SEED instead of a fourth seed in the up coming playoff because he like the one on one match up with Newport instead of Heber Springs....again I believe Star City is hiding some issue.

Now, i fully aware that, "that is last year and not this year"........but this is an opinion driven board!
Star City would have beat Crossett last year 99/100 times. You are right we didn't put the game away when we had the chance and it backfired. There are absolutely no internal problems in Star City. Great coaching staff and great people all around. Only one team can make it all the way and we weren't the ones to do it just like the other 47  4Afootball teams

cuckoobird

The other 47 teams didn't have that much talent.

Bulldog92

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 10, 2015, 06:57:44 am
The other 47 teams didn't have that much talent.
Especially the Stuttgart!!

cuckoobird

Correct, we didn't have that much talent on any of the title teams.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 11, 2015, 07:35:37 am
Correct, we didn't have that much talent on any of the title teams.
quit being so humble. you always have some of the best high school bowlers in the state.

Bulldog92

Dang Cuckoo I thought counterpunch was just talking about the 2014 season(last year). I forgot you Stuttgart posters only talk about your state championship seasons, those others don't matter, especially when you aren't good(2014 for instance)!!

Jack1990

With trash talk like this already, we will be in rare form by August!

RUSH

Quote from: Bulldog92 on March 11, 2015, 10:27:56 am
Dang Cuckoo I thought counterpunch was just talking about the 2014 season(last year). I forgot you Stuttgart posters only talk about your state championship seasons, those others don't matter, especially when you aren't good(2014 for instance)!!
Now that's FUNNY!!!!!!!

LJ06

Any Warren guys know if we are going to keep PA as the 3rd non-conf game?  I'm pretty sure the Ashdown game is almost finalized for week 1.  No clue if home or not though.

Bulldog92

Quote from: LJ06 on March 23, 2015, 07:41:35 am
Any Warren guys know if we are going to keep PA as the 3rd non-conf game?  I'm pretty sure the Ashdown game is almost finalized for week 1.  No clue if home or not though.
AW and Romeo are on the soccer thread LJ. 

LJ06

Quote from: Bulldog92 on March 23, 2015, 09:46:16 am

Eh....I'll stay put

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Bulldog92 on March 23, 2015, 09:46:16 am
aw calls it futbol.

AirWarren

Nah. Ha.

It's soccer. Not futbol.
It's the field. Not pitch.
It's a uniform. Not kit.

As far as our other non conference game, have not heard. Ready for football though. 

CounterPunch

I was in Fayetteville yesterday at a restaurant watching some basketball when all of a sudden we hear a roar across the restaurant. Come to find out that roar was coming from a bunch of soccer fans who got really excited when their team scored a goal after 30 minutes of running up and down a field. Check please! We left as fast as possible.

Romeo

A reliable source told me our season opener will be against Smackover in the Hootens Classic on Aug 31st at UAPB. Smackover more than likely will be the preseason number one team in 3A so it should be a very tough contest. I'm not 100% certain, but our non-conference schedule should be Smackover Aug 31, Stuttgart Sep 11, and Pulaski Academy Sep 18.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Romeo on April 02, 2015, 06:56:50 am

A reliable source told me our season opener will be against Smackover in the Hootens Classic on Aug 31st at UAPB. Smackover more than likely will be the preseason number one team in 3A so it should be a very tough contest. I'm not 100% certain, but our non-conference schedule should be Smackover Aug 31, Stuttgart Sep 11, and Pulaski Academy Sep 18.
i like it. 2 tough games with a cupcake in between. 

Bulldog92

Quote from: Oldman on April 02, 2015, 08:30:58 am

HAHAHAHA!!!

phdefense

Too soon

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: phdefense on April 02, 2015, 02:19:46 pm

Too soon
i was bored.

SUGARTOWN

April 03, 2015, 12:02:24 pm #77 Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 12:31:21 pm by SUGARTOWN

Nah, Star City's not on the schedule till later in the year.

bulldoghistorian

We are not a cupcake! Week 5 to be exact!! And they have to come to our place this year!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on April 03, 2015, 12:56:25 pm
We are not a cupcake! Week 5 to be exact!! And they have to come to our place this year!

Well, that was easy...  :D

LJ06

When has that ever slowed Warren down? We haven't lost in that cute lil doggy pound since 2003.

LJ06

Sounds like the Ashdown game must have fizzled out. Smackover would be a very tough game for a young Warren team.

cuckoobird

Yeah, it was a tight game last year............ ::)

Bulldog92

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 03, 2015, 02:44:11 pm

Bulldoghistorian don't let the Ricebirds get under your skin they chirp loud and proud until about the third or fourth week of the season then for some reason they head south for the winter, LOL!!

Jacketman65

Quote from: Bulldog92 on April 04, 2015, 09:28:47 am

Bulldoghistorian don't let the Ricebirds get under your skin they chirp loud and proud until about the third or fourth week of the season then for some reason they head south for the winter, LOL!!
Yep, its becoming a habit for them here as of late.  They should probably invest in a bowling ally,  I'm sure it would be a little easier on their budget!

cuckoobird

Quote from: Jacketman65 on April 04, 2015, 10:12:35 am

Yep, its becoming a habit for them here as of late.  They should probably invest in a bowling ally,  I'm sure it would be a little easier on their budget!
Great class in Stuttgart=State Champions
Great class in Clinton=2nd round playoff

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on April 04, 2015, 12:47:39 pm
Quote from: Jacketman65 on April 04, 2015, 10:12:35 am

Great class in Stuttgart=State Champions
Great class in Clinton=2nd round playoff

This is one if the best posts I have seen in a while.... harsh but true.

beach bum

They did keep Dollarways streak of tanking when it matters alive.

Hootie

Quote from: beach bum on April 04, 2015, 12:50:20 pm
They did keep Dollarways streak of tanking when it matters alive.

Once the AAA found out about the 25 year-olds, the senior leadership really began to disappear.

LJ06

Official schedule for Warren has been released

Aug 31st - Smackover (@ UAPB)
Sept 11th - Stuttgart
Sept 18th - @ Pulaski Academy
Sept 25th - Crossett
Oct 2nd - @ Star City
Oct 9th - @ Dumas
Oct 16th - DeWitt
Oct 23rd - Monticello
Oct 30th - @ Hamburg
Nov 5th - Dollarway

AirWarren

Smackover. Won't be an easy first week game. If I'm not mistaken, they will be loaded again. Correct?

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on April 08, 2015, 12:17:37 pm
Smackover. Won't be an easy first week game. If I'm not mistaken, they will be loaded again. Correct?

Yes perfect time for them to be playing us

AirWarren

Yeah. I'm sure we will be lucky to even field a team this year. Much less muster a single touchdown.

Jack1990

Won't even be a contest I'm sure.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on April 08, 2015, 12:26:01 pm
Yeah. I'm sure we will be lucky to even field a team this year. Much less muster a single touchdown.

Warren will be better than expected. Good first game for a young Jack squad although Warren should prevail.

Romeo

Anyone know how the numbers look this Spring? From my count, we had 17 total upperclassmen that are supposed to back from last season. At least 11 freshmen moved up and dressed out for the varsity after the junior high season.

Romeo

Quote from: LJ06 on April 08, 2015, 01:23:50 pm

Warren will be better than expected. Good first game for a young Jack squad although Warren should prevail.

Smackover is no joke. They have a majority of their offense and defense returning last year, including an all-state QB and Jordan Jones, who is committed to Arkansas. They'll probably be ranked number one in 3A. We only have one starter back on offense and likely three on defense. We'll also might have more sophomores on the team than juniors and seniors combined.

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on April 08, 2015, 01:44:51 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on April 08, 2015, 01:23:50 pm

Smackover is no joke. They have a majority of their offense and defense returning last year, including an all-state QB and Jordan Jones, who is committed to Arkansas. They'll probably be ranked number one in 3A. We only have one starter back on offense and likely three on defense. We'll also might have more sophomores on the team than juniors and seniors combined.

I know this I'm trying to keep some positive outlook on here for you guys lol! Smackover can definitely beat us and will be probably be the favorites.

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on April 08, 2015, 01:38:40 pm
Anyone know how the numbers look this Spring? From my count, we had 17 total upperclassmen that are supposed to back from last season. At least 11 freshmen moved up and dressed out for the varsity after the junior high season.

Yikes

bulldoghistorian

Just glancing over Warrens schedule, I could see them going 6-4 or 7-3.
Week 1. Smackover, loss.
Week 2. Stuttgart, win.
Week 3 at PA, loss.
Week 4. Crossett, win.
Week 5 at Star City, loss!!
Week 6 at Dumas, win.
Week 7. Dewitt, win.
Week 8. Monticello, win.
Week 9 at Hamburg, win.
Week 10. Dollarway, idk!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas