• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will replace Dawson?

Started by SGT.HULKA, December 28, 2014, 08:39:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Glen Rose will be looking for a new coach, but it won't be because Kehner took another job. Unlike GR, Nashville has at least a shred of class

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: hogdiggity on December 29, 2014, 09:56:42 am
it sounds nice up front, but it is very difficult for someone to come home to where they played/graduated and be a head coach, a lot of extra pressure on that person.  Buddies asking them to make sure their boy gets PT and such.  It can be done, but most of the time it is not the best situation.

So you think the parents don't ask coaches for their kids to get playing time unless they went to school with them, yeah right. But you are correct, hard to go home.

hogdiggity

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 29, 2014, 06:52:47 pm
it sounds nice up front, but it is very difficult for someone to come home to where they played/graduated and be a head coach, a lot of extra pressure on that person.  Buddies asking them to make sure their boy gets PT and such.  It can be done, but most of the time it is not the best situation.

So you think the parents don't ask coaches for their kids to get playing time unless they went to school with them, yeah right. But you are correct, hard to go home.

Completely the wrong interpretation.  It is much easier for a coach with no connections to say i won't work that way as opposed to telling your buff from high school that lives next door.

nuttinbuthogs

I don't think that is any harder than telling an old friend I can't hire your son because he doesn't have the appropriate skill set for the job.  If you have the best interest of the business or team at heart you make the proper call and tell whoever you have to, NO> Never said it was easy but that it happens everywhere.

SGT.HULKA

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 29, 2014, 09:03:02 am
Here's how sure I am that it won't be Kendrick: if Greg Kendrick leaves for Nashville, I will leave Fearless Friday
He's gonna leave, probably sooner than later. He's much too good of a coach to be a Charleston lifer. You gotta accept reality on this point. No disrespect to Charleston but that's the nature of small schools.

nuttinbuthogs

The reality is Charleston is the only place this guy wants to work, regardless of a tremendous pay raise.

SGT.HULKA

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 29, 2014, 09:38:26 pm
The reality is Charleston is the only place this guy wants to work, regardless of a tremendous pay raise.
you gotta be kidding me right? Say if Greenwood, or FS Southside, or Fayetteville, or the list goes on he says "no thanks guys, I'm staying right here in little ole Charleston cause I couldn't be happy anywhere else...." You can't really believe this.

nuttinbuthogs

Certainly not, sarcasm my friend.

WPWells

Sometimes it's about more than money

nuttinbuthogs

Yes, sometimes it is about the challenge of a higher classification, about seeing if you can do it on another level.  Moving up.  But the extra money doesn't hurt.

nuttinbuthogs

Besides, Charleston is losing a very important part of their success the past 3 years.

WPWells

Where have you been? We've had these discussions before. Charleston was good before Storey and will be good after Storey

nuttinbuthogs

You think you have a QB that good for next year.

polksalet

What's billy laird status? Would he come back for one year?

WPWells

I didn't say that. Storey is the best quarterback to ever play at Charleston. Doesn't mean we haven't had good ones before and won't have another one soon. We won't have the wide open spread offense that we had the past two years, but Coach Kendrick won state championships as an OC running the midline option

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 29, 2014, 06:41:21 pm
Glen Rose will be looking for a new coach, but it won't be because Kehner took another job. Unlike GR, Nashville has at least a shred of class
Aren't you the guy who said something about not making comments about folks you don't know?

nuttinbuthogs

I bet the midline would look good at Nashville.

SGT.HULKA

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 29, 2014, 10:19:46 pm
I didn't say that. Storey is the best quarterback to ever play at Charleston. Doesn't mean we haven't had good ones before and won't have another one soon. We won't have the wide open spread offense that we had the past two years, but Coach Kendrick won state championships as an OC running the midline option
they ran the midline option because Coach Loughridge insisted that they do that. Kendrick wanted to go no huddle 4 and 5 wide from the very beginning. Now if you don't know that then you aren't as well connected as you would lead us to believe.

WPWells

Apparently you know everything about Charleston. I bow to your superiority because you know everything about the Charleston Tiger football program

polksalet

We have the perfect backfield for midline.

WPWells

And @nuttinbuthogs:

Apparently you didn't hear about last year's 3A state championship

nuttinbuthogs

I didn't comment either way about what you used to do pre-Storey.  Has nothing to do with whether the guys is looking at leaving or not.

SGT.HULKA

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 29, 2014, 10:26:57 pm
Apparently you know everything about Charleston. I bow to your superiority because you know everything about the Charleston Tiger football program
if you only knew how right you are. 😉

HawgBall06

Spot on

hogdiggity

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 29, 2014, 07:19:01 pm
I don't think that is any harder than telling an old friend I can't hire your son because he doesn't have the appropriate skill set for the job.  If you have the best interest of the business or team at heart you make the proper call and tell whoever you have to, NO> Never said it was easy but that it happens everywhere.

I have a very good friend that is the AD at an area school that would disagree with you.  He won't go to his home school, even though he has had offers, because of that reason.  I will take his word for it.

polksalet

Yep.......

With all of the pressures with the job, going into your old school just brings more problems. At Nashville it's many, many more problems. I wouldn't wish that job on my worst enemy.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 29, 2014, 10:08:07 pm
ah, the young and innocent. it's always about the money in the end. just like a marriage. when money troubles walk in the front door love runs out the back door. listen and learn grasshopper.

Valleysports

It's the last grasp on childhood Oldman,  like being told there isn't any Santa Clause, even harder to except.   

phdefense

Quote from: Oldman on December 30, 2014, 08:30:23 am
ah, the young and innocent. it's always about the money in the end. just like a marriage. when money troubles walk in the front door love runs out the back door. listen and learn grasshopper.
A man can not have two masters.

Valleysports

The very reason the Bible say's do not marry!

DerekOxford

Quote from: phdefense on December 30, 2014, 10:44:15 am

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

polksalet

phdefense

Quote from: DerekOxford on December 30, 2014, 11:06:11 am
Quote from: phdefense on December 30, 2014, 10:44:15 am

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
"If you are not with me then you are against me" Odd that, that is a quote by both a sith and Jesus.

Valleysports

Are we still discussing the Nashville hire?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Valleysports on December 30, 2014, 12:45:12 pm
Is Dawson even officially gone yet?

OLDSCHOOL82

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 30, 2014, 01:52:21 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 30, 2014, 01:35:02 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on December 30, 2014, 12:45:12 pm
Is Dawson even officially gone yet?

Board meeting tonight.
Cyclone Nation already has on its Facebook page the following:
"Let's welcome our new Cyclone Head Football coach Billy Dawson, his wife Karen, and their two children Luke and Rachel to Russellville. Coach Dawson is moving here from Nashville, AR. Go Cyclones!!"

paraloma

I would hire whomever Billy recommended. Then again, he may not want to do that.

Maynard G Krebs

Think "nepotism", and you have the new coach list pared down.

intruder

Seriously doubt that will happen. Scared to say won't

intruder

maxswine

Quote from: intruder on December 30, 2014, 10:11:17 pm
Ernest should be moved up.

I talked with him for a few hours a couple of years ago at the junior classic in Conway.  We talked about softball.  He is a heck of a nice guy. 

paraloma

I agree.

Of the hometown guys, I think Turley is the only one that could tolerate the "pressure."

intruder

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: maxswine on December 30, 2014, 10:36:17 pm

I talked with him for a few hours a couple of years ago at the junior classic in Conway.  We talked about softball.  He is a heck of a nice guy.
don't hire a nice guy.

Bigbossman

polksalet

intruder

polksalet

I've heard he's interested if he can sell insurance half a day.

Clara Allen

Just out of curiosity, does the Scrapper coach have teaching duties?  I know oftentimes, a coach in a program such as Nashville's doesn't have to teach in the classroom.  And Good Luck getting Kendrick out of Charleston.  I don't think he'll leave to come to HoCo.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas