• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bauxite hires new HC

Started by RabidWolf, December 19, 2014, 01:59:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IPROFB

It's not that you can't be successful at larger schools, it's just that it takes much more to win the higher up you go! Coaches must adapt in every aspect of the game, from planning, to dividing responsibilities between staff, to scheme, to play calling; it all requires a more indepth approach.

nuttinbuthogs

Really?  Seems the game is what it is.  You may get buy with less of those things but I dont think that is true for every small school coach or staff. And there are some large school staffs that don't get it done either.

Wonderdog

Quote from: IPROFB on December 28, 2014, 04:48:41 pm
It's not that you can't be successful at larger schools, it's just that it takes much more to win the higher up you go! Coaches must adapt in every aspect of the game, from planning, to dividing responsibilities between staff, to scheme, to play calling; it all requires a more indepth approach.
Most small schools have fewer kids on their team and fewer assistant coaches. That being said, it would appear that would mean that coaches are spread out on responsibilities at a small school where as a larger staff would have fewer duties. Example: 3 coaches on staff at a small school may divide duties by offense/defense/special teams. Now, 8 coaches on staff at a larger school may divide 4 coaches on one side of the ball and 4 on the other, wr coach, qb coach etc. So i would think that in some situations that it could be said that small school coaches are better prepared for HC duties than the average joe would assume.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Might could say, coaching is coaching, you either have IT, or you don't.

Not to mention he probably will not have to teach a class like at a lot of smaller schools.

nuttinbuthogs

How many 7A, 6A HC are teaching class?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 28, 2014, 10:44:02 pm
How many 7A, 6A HC are teaching class?

I was referring to a 2A coach moving up in classes and not having to worry with that any longer. One less distraction from coaching.

nuttinbuthogs

I'm just asking how many large school coaches have to teach compared to small school coaches, who it seems almost all have to teach.

Wonderdog

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 29, 2014, 07:21:39 pm
I'm just asking how many large school coaches have to teach compared to small school coaches, who it seems almost all have to teach.
The majority of all coaches in the state have to teach something. Even if it is health or PE. However, if they receive the magical tack that is the AD title along side their position title, then teaching duties are no longer required. Small school coaches will usually have a more demanding teaching responsibility. Not always, but usually. It also depends on the sport and status. Head coaches will be more likely to end up with health/pe duties versus an assistant coach. If possible, assistants could also end up with health/pe duties. Rarely will you see a head coach, especially in football teaching high school math/science/english. Maybe history or middle school subjects. It is not an exact science. Varies from district to district and depends on which political necessities are in play as well.

nuttinbuthogs

Don't teachers/coaches have to teach in the area they are certified?  Being assigned a duty such as dean of students or working in the office will also get them out of the classroom in a big school.

Wonderdog

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 29, 2014, 09:55:14 pm
Don't teachers/coaches have to teach in the area they are certified?  Being assigned a duty such as dean of students or working in the office will also get them out of the classroom in a big school.
They are supposed to only teach in their field(s) of certification, but like it is in all systems, there are loopholes. Some coaches/teachers may be certified in multiple subjects as well. As far as the dean of students/office comment, yes that would suffice. You will see that type of assignment more frequently in a small school setting rather than a big school setting. Example: Head basketball/ dean of students (no teaching duties).

beaverfan007

What happened to the interim coach they had he was turning the program around  and the kids were starting to believe why didnt they gire him

minerjack

Quote from: beaverfan007 on January 07, 2015, 10:27:47 am
What happened to the interim coach they had he was turning the program around  and the kids were starting to believe why didnt they gire him
They thought they had someone better in their interview to get the program back to success.

Beaver Fever

He is pretty good. I heard some of the kids quit because he didn't get it.

Loyalfan1

Hoophawg

Quote from: THE D.O.C on December 19, 2014, 03:13:40 pm
Quote from: Oldman on December 19, 2014, 02:17:46 pm
he won't have to play junction city.
Yeah only Nashville, Malvern Arkadelphia, Mena, Ashdown, Fountain Lake
mena lol.  Buddy they were a one year wonder with huge senior class.  The rest of their grades are awful

DogsWin7

Waldron is in that same conference.

Loyalfan1

gameoflife

What happened to the interim coach, is he staying?  I heard he may leave?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas