• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Football in 2015 & the "Way Too Early Top 10"

Started by FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48, December 16, 2014, 09:15:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack1990

Haven't heard any of your so called prognosticators picking Warren as #1. 

LJ06

Only a select group to win the elusive 4A crown since the 6 division split:

Booneville - 2013
Nashville - 2006, 2007
Pulaski Academy - 2011
Shiloh Christian - 2008, 2009, 2010
Stuttgart - 2012
Warren - 2014

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Superjack45 on December 17, 2014, 12:21:50 pm
Warren will be rebuilding for at least 2 years and by that time the will be a top contender in 4A again. Will have a lot of young players to brake in.
brake em in faster.

cuckoobird

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on December 17, 2014, 01:34:34 pm
Quote from: hogfan10 on December 17, 2014, 01:26:37 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on December 16, 2014, 09:22:42 am
Nashville will be number one Im sure

Aren't they always, at least in the preseason.

Of course that can apply to Warren also, depending on which town the prognosticators are from.

Don't be truly upset. Until someone from 4A not named Nashville, Shiloh, or Warren wins the state title since after the year 2001...then you might as well deal with it.

Not especially upset, I actually think the inflated worth of Nashville's fans and to a lesser extent Warren's fans (mainly AW and any with Jack or Super in their name) is humorous and entertaining.
By the way, who won the titles in 2012 & 2013? Other than the last 3 years I have no idea who has won, my school dropped to 4A in 2012.

hogfan10

LJ06

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 17, 2014, 04:05:30 pm
Quote from: Jack1990 on December 17, 2014, 01:38:19 pm

Yet

Anybody who does might seriously be called the biggest homer on here.

hogfan10

Quote from: LJ06 on December 17, 2014, 04:06:39 pm

Yet

And that would surprise you? Good to see that some won't do it for '15, and are going to just go ahead and predict it for '17/18.

AirWarren

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 17, 2014, 04:09:42 pm

Yet

And that would surprise you? Good to see that some won't do it for '15, and are going to just go ahead and predict it for '17/18.

Predicted it for this year. And look what happened.

Superjack45

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on December 17, 2014, 04:28:31 pm
Quote from: hogfan10 on December 17, 2014, 04:09:42 pm

Yet

Predicted it for this year. And look what happened.

Well if you predict it every year, sooner or later you'll be right.
Just think, one day the Nashville prognosticators will get it right also.

AirWarren

Haven't predicted a state title since 2006. Lost it.

What I did predict was a state title this year. Check.
AND I predicted Warren would shatter Arkadephia's dreams last year. Check.

And we are still especially upset about it.

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on December 17, 2014, 04:37:02 pm

Why are ya'll especially upset, we're not.
Have they sized your ring yet?

"Warren is number 1 until proven otherwise." I wonder who said this.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Hey man, I'm a Warren fan but also a realist.  I had the Jacks at #7 in my poll, and 3rd in conference behind Star City and Dollarway.  I think Warren is good enough to make the play-offs and by then, might have enough maturation to pull an upset over someone they aren't picked to beat but even so, a Quarterfinal appearance would be the highest ceiling I could give the 2015 Lumberjacks.

I know we won't be the best team in Class 4A next season, and I can freely admit that.  I still believe we'll make a respectful showing.  Say what you want about future projections, but Warren should be very, very good from 2016-2018 though.  I do believe Warren will win at least one more title during that stretch--not going to try to guess which year though.

--Kyle

hogfan10

December 17, 2014, 05:01:27 pm #64 Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 05:08:04 pm by hogfan10
Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on December 17, 2014, 04:53:27 pm
Hey man, I'm a Warren fan but also a realist.  I had the Jacks at #7 in my poll, and 3rd in conference behind Star City and Dollarway.  I think Warren is good enough to make the play-offs and by then, might have enough maturation to pull an upset over someone they aren't picked to beat but even so, a Quarterfinal appearance would be the highest ceiling I could give the 2015 Lumberjacks.

I know we won't be the best team in Class 4A next season, and I can freely admit that.  I still believe we'll make a respectful showing.  Say what you want about future projections, but Warren should be very, very good from 2016-2018 though.  I do believe Warren will win at least one more title during that stretch--not going to try to guess which year though.

--Kyle

No worries; like I posted earlier I'm referring to AW and anybody with Super or Jack in their name (might be a broad brush on the last two, but I think they are one in the same or related somehow). Just noted Jack in your name, sorry; so I'll amend prior statement to AW and anybody with SuperJack#### (or similar) as a name.

I was mainly poking fun at the Nashville fans, and decided to throw Warren in the mix also; because of a few Warren fans. Which conveniently, one of which, responded in typical fashion.

AirWarren

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 17, 2014, 04:44:18 pm

My wedding ring has been sized for a while now.

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on December 17, 2014, 05:20:22 pm

Cool, nothing wrong with only having one ring to wear.

Superjack45

You have got to be kidding me, all that we are saying is Warren will be rebuilding that's it and anybody that read anything else into this have got to have a comprehension problem.

hogfan10

Quote from: Superjack45 on December 17, 2014, 05:39:58 pm

You have got to be kidding me, all that we are saying is Warren will be rebuilding that's it and anybody that read anything else into this have got to have a comprehension problem.

You're right, I have no idea what AW's wedding ring has to do with Warren rebuilding.

Bigbossman

cuckoobird

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 17, 2014, 05:01:27 pm
Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on December 17, 2014, 04:53:27 pm

--Kyle

No worries; like I posted earlier I'm referring to AW and anybody with Super or Jack in their name (might be a broad brush on the last two, but I think they are one in the same or related somehow). Just noted Jack in your name, sorry; so I'll amend prior statement to AW and anybody with SuperJack#### (or similar) as a name.

I was mainly poking fun at the Nashville fans, and decided to throw Warren in the mix also; because of a few Warren fans. Which conveniently, one of which, responded in typical fashion.
You caught what we like to call a "dorkfish."  They will bite any lure you throw in the water and sometimes just jump in the boat on their own

SUGARTOWN

Yet

Quote from: AirWarren on December 16, 2014, 09:42:20 am
Warren is number 1 until proven otherwise.

Well, here you go...

Jack1990

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 18, 2014, 07:51:33 am

Yet

Well, here you go...
As always...we stand corrected and bow to ST's superior research abilities! LOL 

But seriously , did you not expect AW to pick Warren!  He defines homer!!

cuckoobird

hogfan10

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 18, 2014, 07:51:33 am

Yet

Well, here you go...

And here's another:

Online AirWarren
El Mestizo
Legend
[clap] [slap]
5-0. 2014 4A State Champions
View Profile  Personal Message (Online)

Re: WAY TOO EARLY 2015 state championship predictions
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 11:41:02 am »
We may surprise some folks. Stay tuned.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Not sure enough to pick a top ten, I notice Hamburg is not in allot of peoples. They will actually be a better team than they were this year I think. Savage was a beast at QB for them, but they have a group coming back for the next 2 seasons that is loaded. They will be one of the top teams in 8-4a the next 2 seasons only time will tell how good.     

The Coach

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on December 19, 2014, 11:24:37 am
Not sure enough to pick a top ten, I notice Hamburg is not in allot of peoples. They will actually be a better team than they were this year I think. Savage was a beast at QB for them, but they have a group coming back for the next 2 seasons that is loaded. They will be one of the top teams in 8-4a the next 2 seasons only time will tell how good.     

People feel that way because Savage was the offense. I know without him Hamburg doesn't have a 100 yards of offense and they get shutout by Dardanelle. They don't play $way near as close without him as well.

AllAmericanMule94

I believe the Sand Lizards will be a preseason top 5 team.  Still have a good group of those players returning!  I know they lose the QB and the RB but I believe they have their fair share of starters coming back! 

Dirty30

What does Newport have that puts them in the top 10?

dragonpride

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on December 16, 2014, 09:31:43 am
I'll agree with you on that one LJ.  Just looking briefly at what some of the posters have said about their respective teams, I threw together a quick Top 10 for myself.  7-4A and 8-4A well represented again next year.

1. Nashville
2. Newport
3. Arkadelphia
4. Star City
5. Malvern
6. Dollarway
7. Warren
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Stuttgart
10. Gosnell

Again, it's WAY too early with a full spring of practices and a summer worth of potential moves--some teams will elevate, others will decline.  If I were a Nashville fan, it'd be pretty disappointing if the Scrappers aren't at least playing for the title next December.  If there was ever a year for Star City to finally make it over the hump, they better do it in 2015 before Warren's young talent matures.  I do look for Shiloh Christian to be an improved team next year (no where near their glory days, but much improved) and Stuttgart will also be vastly improved I feel next season with another year under their belts.  Warren will take some lumps, but I think will compete well, should definitely make the play-offs and could pull off a surprise or two next season in the post-season, but a Quarterfinal berth would be about as far as I could stretch this team to make it. 

As you've said LJ, we'll be very, very young.  Talented, but young.  Might look like 2011 again, I could see the Jacks going 8-5, maybe 9-4 at best.  Still, should be fun and everything they learn next will pay big dividends in 2016.

--Kyle
Stuttgart loses their starting quarterback and loses their starting running back to a transfer!  Wide Receivers are gone!  Where exactly will the offense come from?

phdefense

cuckoobird

Dragonpride you are clueless. The transfer will help more than hinder.  Good luck

dragonpride

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 05, 2015, 01:27:27 pm
Dragonpride you are clueless. The transfer will help more than hinder.  Good luck
Still didn't answer the question!  Could care less if you are better off without him! 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: dragonpride on January 05, 2015, 11:29:33 am
Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on December 16, 2014, 09:31:43 am
I'll agree with you on that one LJ.  Just looking briefly at what some of the posters have said about their respective teams, I threw together a quick Top 10 for myself.  7-4A and 8-4A well represented again next year.

1. Nashville
2. Newport
3. Arkadelphia
4. Star City
5. Malvern
6. Dollarway
7. Warren
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Stuttgart
10. Gosnell

Again, it's WAY too early with a full spring of practices and a summer worth of potential moves--some teams will elevate, others will decline.  If I were a Nashville fan, it'd be pretty disappointing if the Scrappers aren't at least playing for the title next December.  If there was ever a year for Star City to finally make it over the hump, they better do it in 2015 before Warren's young talent matures.  I do look for Shiloh Christian to be an improved team next year (no where near their glory days, but much improved) and Stuttgart will also be vastly improved I feel next season with another year under their belts.  Warren will take some lumps, but I think will compete well, should definitely make the play-offs and could pull off a surprise or two next season in the post-season, but a Quarterfinal berth would be about as far as I could stretch this team to make it. 

As you've said LJ, we'll be very, very young.  Talented, but young.  Might look like 2011 again, I could see the Jacks going 8-5, maybe 9-4 at best.  Still, should be fun and everything they learn next will pay big dividends in 2016.

--Kyle
Stuttgart loses their starting quarterback and loses their starting running back to a transfer!  Wide Receivers are gone!  Where exactly will the offense come from?

I guess you didn't see the Jr.High team the past couple of years?

dragonpride

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 05, 2015, 03:12:57 pm

1. Nashville
2. Newport
3. Arkadelphia
4. Star City
5. Malvern
6. Dollarway
7. Warren
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Stuttgart
10. Gosnell

--Kyle

1. Nashville
2. Newport
3. Arkadelphia
4. Star City
5. Malvern
6. Dollarway
7. Warren
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Stuttgart
10. Gosnell

--Kyle

really! You are saying 10th graders will make Stuttgart a top 10? You should know that translates into jack squat!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: dragonpride on January 05, 2015, 03:19:55 pm

1. Nashville
2. Newport
3. Arkadelphia
4. Star City
5. Malvern
6. Dollarway
7. Warren
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Stuttgart
10. Gosnell

--Kyle

1. Nashville
2. Newport
3. Arkadelphia
4. Star City
5. Malvern
6. Dollarway
7. Warren
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Stuttgart
10. Gosnell

--Kyle

really! You are saying 10th graders will make Stuttgart a top 10? You should know that translates into jack squat!
Show me where I said top 10?

I mean, it's not like we have an SEC QB like DeWitt last year. LOL

dragonpride

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 05, 2015, 03:23:11 pm

1. Nashville
2. Newport
3. Arkadelphia
4. Star City
5. Malvern
6. Dollarway
7. Warren
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Stuttgart
10. Gosnell

--Kyle

1. Nashville
2. Newport
3. Arkadelphia
4. Star City
5. Malvern
6. Dollarway
7. Warren
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Stuttgart
10. Gosnell

--Kyle

original post had stuttgart at #9! That is what I am referring to! Please try and keep up!

dragonpride

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 05, 2015, 03:23:11 pm

1. Nashville
2. Newport
3. Arkadelphia
4. Star City
5. Malvern
6. Dollarway
7. Warren
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Stuttgart
10. Gosnell

--Kyle

1. Nashville
2. Newport
3. Arkadelphia
4. Star City
5. Malvern
6. Dollarway
7. Warren
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Stuttgart
10. Gosnell

--Kyle

just found out 2 transfers! Ouch

SUGARTOWN

Your question was "Where will the offense come from?" I answered your question! Try to keep up! Reading comprehension!

By the way! You're using too many exclamation points!

dragonpride

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 05, 2015, 03:41:53 pm
Your question was "Where will the offense come from?" I answered your question! Try to keep up! Reading comprehension!

since I was referring to the top10 post then most people would infer how the rice cakes are a top 10 team, thus asking the question where does the offense come to be saying they are a top10 team? Do you need pictures or drawings to follow along?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: dragonpride on January 05, 2015, 03:51:29 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 05, 2015, 03:41:53 pm

since I was referring to the top10 post then most people would infer how the rice cakes are a top 10 team, thus asking the question where does the offense come to be saying they are a top10 team? Do you need pictures or drawings to follow along?
I don't even think you really know what you meant. Sorry for actually answering your question....

Hoophawg

Quote from: phdefense on December 16, 2014, 10:28:35 am
Quote from: STUNNA on December 16, 2014, 09:45:05 am
Wonder what the non conference schedule will be next season? I know we play PA and Stuttgart. Wonder who will be the other team.
White Hall would give you solid competition and a good gate.
nope not next year.  White Hall might be worst in 5a

Dirty30

Quote from: phdefense on January 05, 2015, 12:49:14 pm
Quote from: Dirty30 on January 05, 2015, 01:50:38 am
Carl Turner
Carl Turner by himself will not win them football games

phdefense

Quote from: Dirty30 on January 07, 2015, 12:46:54 am
Quote from: phdefense on January 05, 2015, 12:49:14 pm
Quote from: Dirty30 on January 05, 2015, 01:50:38 am
Carl Turner
Carl Turner by himself will not win them football games
A great player on an average team can make them a top 10 team though.

DeeGee

OK I'm new to the 4A board. I'm son has always played for Glen Rose. This year he decided after Christmas that he wanted titmice to Search and go to school at Riverview. I know nothing about this schools football team but looking at their stats,  I'm not impressed. He mainly wanted away from Glen Rose. So will they have an okay team or no?  I've never kept up with them because my daughter plays soccer there and is on cheer. My sons pumped up about football wherever he goes lol so just wanted some honest opinions on their strengths and weaknesses, depth of players and how is the coaching staff?  If you all don't mind me asking.

AirWarren

To be honest, I didn't even know riverview was in 4a.

Jack1990

Looks like they moved up this cycle.  Played in 3A in the 2012-2014 cycle.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: DeeGoldie on April 15, 2015, 05:30:51 am
OK I'm new to the 4A board. I'm son has always played for Glen Rose. This year he decided after Christmas that he wanted titmice to Search and go to school at Riverview. I know nothing about this schools football team but looking at their stats,  I'm not impressed. He mainly wanted away from Glen Rose. So will they have an okay team or no?  I've never kept up with them because my daughter plays soccer there and is on cheer. My sons pumped up about football wherever he goes lol so just wanted some honest opinions on their strengths and weaknesses, depth of players and how is the coaching staff?  If you all don't mind me asking.

They actually competed okay in a few games and scored some points. They had some size, not sure what they have coming back though. I think depth was an issue last year, they seemed to play close games for a half or so and then wear down. Maybe with a year under their belts in 4A they'll improve.

It looked like a nice school and the facilites looked pretty good for a former 3A school.

phdefense

Quote from: DeeGoldie on April 15, 2015, 05:30:51 am
Riverview is not very close to the Glen Rose area though.  Are you going to move from the Hot Springs area to Searcy?

cuckoobird

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas