• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ashley County Bowl 17

Started by Sports Guru, October 13, 2017, 08:58:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins

Crossett
7 (28%)
Hamburg
18 (72%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: October 20, 2017, 12:42:20 am

Sports Guru

Well.... Let's get this rivalry started!

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

I've been hard on my Lions this year, but that's just how it is. With that said we will march into Eagle territory and give the Eagles another beat down on their own turf!!

Eaglemaniac

Don't expect this to be much of a game. At least 3 TD margin for Hamburg.

Sports Guru

October 14, 2017, 12:40:29 am #3 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:22:09 am by CrossettEagles14
I think it might be closer than alot of people think.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Maybe yal will win the spirite run

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on October 14, 2017, 12:40:29 am
I think it might be closer than alot of people think.
You've been thinking that every week. Get the basketballs out.

Sports Guru

October 14, 2017, 09:38:14 am #6 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 09:39:55 am by CrossettEagles14
Quote from: Oldman on October 14, 2017, 09:19:40 am
You've been thinking that every week. Get the basketballs out.
Its hard to score points when you get 3 or 4 penalties on a drive almost every drive. Just saying, ref was flag happy last night or we might woulda score some points a few times. I'm not a fairweather or a bandwagon type of fan, so I'm gonna cheer for this team when they win and lose.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on October 14, 2017, 09:38:14 am
Its hard to score points when you get 3 or 4 penalties on a drive almost every drive. Just saying, ref was flag happy last night or we might woulda score some points a few times. I'm not a fairweather or a bandwagon type of fan, so I'm gonna cheer for this team when they win and lose.

Red was flag happy? One player accounted for 4 procedure penalties alone. Then lining up offsides in defense is inexcusable in my book. It's game 7 for crying out loud. The biggest problems Crossett has is the relievers do not Break off their routes to help the QB when he gets into trouble. The sophomore was even pointing to them and directing them and they just stood there. I'm as diehard as they come but the mistakes they make are inexcusable.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Well yal will have home advantage so the flags shouldn't be so bad. I always enjoy watching my Lions give the Eagles a good whipping.

Sports Guru

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 14, 2017, 10:52:56 am
Well yal will have home advantage so the flags shouldn't be so bad. I always enjoy watching my Lions give the Eagles a good whipping.
Hey we hope for a good one last year was a great game gotta give yall a hand for coming back in OT though.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

EagleForLife12

you have to get out of lala land my brother, Idk if your watching the same games we are watching but trust me penalties are the LEAST of our worries. None of us are fairweather or bandwagon fans we all ride with the Eagles till the wheels fall off...BUT we are also realistic and not scared to admit that are team is the worse it has been in years and the coaches and kids still look uninterested even though we're in week 7.

Sports Guru

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on October 14, 2017, 11:42:14 am
you have to get out of lala land my brother, Idk if your watching the same games we are watching but trust me penalties are the LEAST of our worries. None of us are fairweather or bandwagon fans we all ride with the Eagles till the wheels fall off...BUT we are also realistic and not scared to admit that are team is the worse it has been in years and the coaches and kids still look uninterested even though we're in week 7.
I know we are down this year.

Big Fan

Sports Guru

October 14, 2017, 02:54:07 pm #14 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:58:21 pm by CrossettEagles14
Quote from: Big Fan on October 14, 2017, 02:24:01 pm
Ya think
Oh well it's a new week movin on to game 8

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Yea it's a new week alright! Beat down from a Lion week.

Eaglemaniac

There have been some great games over the years between these 2 teams. Even a few brawls and some pranks. Even been some future Hogs and pro players featured in this game. I just don't see this being a very good game this year. But you never know.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

The pranks will still happen this week just hope they don't get out of hand.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 14, 2017, 05:26:12 pm
The pranks will still happen this week just hope they don't get out of hand.

I agree.

Lumberjackfan1978

Love the Crossett Hamburg week. The lions win this one big

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on October 14, 2017, 06:44:34 pm
Love the Crossett Hamburg week. The lions win this one big
I agree with you! Real big!! I need to get Eddie on here this week and see what he has to say lol.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 14, 2017, 07:13:02 pm
I agree with you! Real big!! I need to get Eddie on here this week and see what he has to say lol.
I would pull for my Eagles to win if they were playing Alabama. I sure won't bet against them playing a down Hamburg. The games are played on the field and I see no reason this won't be another great installment in a historic rivalry of just over a 100 years. I don't care about records or anything else. This game matters to both teams and only liars say it doesn't.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Great to hear from you Eddie as always, but I'm afraid this one is gonna be a epic blowout in Eagle territory. I will be there enjoying every minute of it.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 15, 2017, 08:07:15 pm
Great to hear from you Eddie as always, but I'm afraid this one is gonna be a epic blowout in Eagle territory. I will be there enjoying every minute of it.
I won't mind seeing Hamburg get blown out one bit.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Like I said before yal do have a chance in the spirit run, that should ease the pain a little.

cjohn1995

. Not familiar with most of the players but hamburg is clearly the better team on paper but that's why you play the game. No matter how old you get this rivalry will always mean something. Even in a somewhat of a down year the Lions should win by atleast 14 but Crossett will be ready. Hopefully the streak goes to 8.  Go Lions!

Sports Guru

October 17, 2017, 06:52:38 pm #26 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:03:17 pm by CrossettEagles14
Quote from: cjohn1995 on October 17, 2017, 06:37:21 pm
. Not familiar with most of the players but hamburg is clearly the better team on paper but that's why you play the game. No matter how old you get this rivalry will always mean something. Even in a somewhat of a down year the Lions should win by atleast 14 but Crossett will be ready. Hopefully the streak goes to 8.  Go Lions!
Goooo Eagles but seriously nice to see ya finally got on fearless it's a fun week though win or lose

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on October 17, 2017, 06:52:38 pm
Goooo Eagles but seriously nice to see ya finally got on fearless it's a fun week though win or lose
Its never a fun week to get beat! Especially this week. One more day until the Lions role into Eagle territory and pluck those feathers out in a epic beat down. Also good to see another Lion poster on here. With a few changes made this week we are ready. Go Lions!!           

cjohn1995

Amen, I'll be there Friday. Should be a fun one! What your name if you don't mind me asking? Might know ya.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: cjohn1995 on October 18, 2017, 09:10:07 am
Amen, I'll be there Friday. Should be a fun one! What your name if you don't mind me asking? Might know ya.
Just a hardcore Lions fan that calls a spade a spade, and yes I will be there also. I always enjoy watching the Lions beat up on them Eagles.             

cjohn1995

Ah I see. I played baseball at Hamburg and graduated in 2014. I'm not a hardcore fan but I always want hamburg to do good, especially against Crossett. However, it would be nice to beat Warren for once, they are just too much for us every year. (with exception to the famous mud bowl game). I hope that changes this year but I highly doubt it. It will take a perfect game to beat them and I'm afraid this year the Lions don't have much of a chance. Got to give credit where it's due, I never understand why some hamburg fans think they are on Warren's level.  Kind of like Crossett fans thinking they are on Hamburg's level. They have been close a couple years of pulling the upset but I think if they actually manage to beat Hamburg it might be a turning point in their program. They can only hope so atleast. Would be nice for the Ashley County bowl to have some significance other than it just being a rivalry.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: cjohn1995 on October 18, 2017, 11:24:14 am
Ah I see. I played baseball at Hamburg and graduated in 2014. I'm not a hardcore fan but I always want hamburg to do good, especially against Crossett. However, it would be nice to beat Warren for once, they are just too much for us every year. (with exception to the famous mud bowl game). I hope that changes this year but I highly doubt it. It will take a perfect game to beat them and I'm afraid this year the Lions don't have much of a chance. Got to give credit where it's due, I never understand why some hamburg fans think they are on Warren's level.  Kind of like Crossett fans thinking they are on Hamburg's level. They have been close a couple years of pulling the upset but I think if they actually manage to beat Hamburg it might be a turning point in their program. They can only hope so atleast. Would be nice for the Ashley County bowl to have some significance other than it just being a rivalry.
Until the last fifteen years Crossett owned Hamburg for the previous 85 years. We don't want to discuss who is on whose level. The head to head in this series still isn't even close. Just because your experience has been with Hamburg having success, just know the worm WILL turn again. It took Hamburg having to consolidate Fountain Hill, Wilmot, and Portland and Crossett losing 1500 students to get over the hump and start winning games against Crossett. The entire time I was in school Hamburg beat Crossett once. You can call it living in the past if you want, But if you ignore the past, you are doomed to repeat it. This ship will be get righted. Bank on that.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

October 18, 2017, 11:42:37 am #32 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 11:44:24 am by RAZORBACK FOOTBALL
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 18, 2017, 11:32:57 am
Until the last fifteen years Crossett owned Hamburg for the previous 85 years. We don't want to discuss who is on whose level. The head to head in this series still isn't even close. Just because your experience has been with Hamburg having success, just know the worm WILL turn again. It took Hamburg having to consolidate Fountain Hill, Wilmot, and Portland and Crossett losing 1500 students to get over the hump and start winning games against Crossett. The entire time I was in school Hamburg beat Crossett once. You can call it living in the past if you want, But if you ignore the past, you are doomed to repeat it. This ship will be get righted. Bank on that.
Eddie, I just love a true fan, and you are one of the Eagles finest and I respect that! With that being said I don't live in the past and what the Eagles was and you have to respect those big Fountain Hill lineman that now plays for Hamburg, they had the option to go play for Crossett but they opted for the more superior school and that is Hamburg. Can't wait for Friday night watching my Lions put claw marks all over that field of yours adding another lose to that Eagles record. Give me a Go Lions Eddie! Just one time? Come on.   

cjohn1995

October 18, 2017, 12:01:28 pm #33 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:46:55 pm by cjohn1995

cjohn1995

October 18, 2017, 12:23:02 pm #34 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:46:40 pm by cjohn1995

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

We even have the Crossett radio announcers on our side. Go Lions!!

Eddie Goodson

I still have no clue what this higher level is Hamburg is supposedly on. Everyone in the 8 4A has sucked hind teet to Warren for the last decade and a half and it doesn't look like it is changing anytime soon.

Rc71635

Ok I think the game will be closer than
most people think. Yes Crossett is not
doing well.  The injuries is some of the
problem but the mistakes keep them out
of most games.  Hamburg is good but
the last couple games they could have
easily lose and been in the same situation
as Crossett.  This wk should have Duke
back so that will be a help. The key factor
is who they start at quarterback. If the 10th
grader starts it will be a game. If the senior
starts it's over. The reason the kids seem
not interested is because they know that if
they are going to win the coaches have to
play the best player and that's

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 18, 2017, 01:39:28 pm
I still have no clue what this higher level is Hamburg is supposedly on. Everyone in the 8 4A has sucked hind teet to Warren for the last decade and a half and it doesn't look like it is changing anytime soon.
Agreed about Warren, year in and year out they win, its called coaching. Warren takes there Jr. High teams that allot of the time does not do well but when they hit the Sr High level they do well every year, that is plain and simple coaching, they usually field less players each year then most teams they face but they still seem to dominate the 8-4a and always go deep in the playoffs. Allot of people want to say talent is the reason why they always do well, but all of the other 8-4a schools have talented kids yet all are always a step behind Warren every year it seems. To me the Warren coaching staff is not scared to change there defensive or offensive scheme to fit there kids, yes they have Burks who is a stud, but they also have a defense that is one of the best in the state right now. Hopefully some of the 8-4a teams can see what those guys are doing over there make the changes needed to compete... With that being said Hamburg is the far more superior team than Crossett and we will prove that on the field Friday night. Go Lions!!       

Sports Guru

Quote from: Rc71635 on October 18, 2017, 01:50:42 pm
Ok I think the game will be closer than
most people think. Yes Crossett is not
doing well.  The injuries is some of the
problem but the mistakes keep them out
of most games.  Hamburg is good but
the last couple games they could have
easily lose and been in the same situation
as Crossett.  This wk should have Duke
back so that will be a help. The key factor
is who they start at quarterback. If the 10th
grader starts it will be a game. If the senior
starts it's over. The reason the kids seem
not interested is because they know that if
they are going to win the coaches have to
play the best player and that's

#10 is the starter for the rest of the year, 13 is being moved to fullback and running back.

Rc71635

cjohn1995

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 18, 2017, 01:39:28 pm
I've already said Hamburg is not on Warrens level but atleast they are in position to win conference when they play Warren this time of the year. With exception to Warren obviously, Hamburg has dominated conference opponents for the last 5 years.

green-eagle

well its "BEAT THE LOINS" week...... Crossett can save this season by beating the Hamburg Loins, then Dollarway and Star City, being we are playing all of the them at home....the whole 4A-8 is down this year...BAD!

If the Crossett's coaches can talk the eagles up, they can put "The LOINS" away, but will they. They have yet "achieve" this very simple task....no energy or excitement from the coaches to the players.....(where coach Perry)... Our Coaches has done a very good job at playing kids in the wrong positions....in this last game with Monty: you can see they saw something thus a change in #10 and #13.... but with the return of some possible play markers, it looks good..... Crossett by 6...

"go EAGLES"

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

The Eaglettes will go down once again.

splitpersonality

The comeback last year was epic because every thing Hamburg needed to happen did. Hamburg is a young team this year in rebuilding mode, should of beat Star City a game which is gonna haunt them a while.
The Eagles can't seem to find cohesion, we used to say in the old days a teams was "jellin", seems as if the Eagles are a tad out of sink and indecisive except for Linebacker Tanner Courson that Man-Child is a beast with a football helmet on.
I agree this could be one of the best overall games in this series Friday Night! Now if the Eagles get a few injured players back, find a way to work together and gain some momentum Hamburg could be looking at another game like the Crossett Game in 2016 or the Star City game this year. Hamburg players cannot afford to be over confident.
Hamburg still has some on going issues that need to be corrected, QB is young and missed last week with a thumb injury, O-Line is young but plays with brilliance some and will get a dumb (not EVER supposed to happen in week 7/8) penalty at the most inopportune times it seems. Defense is fearless, and might of faced a tougher challenge staying and playing and doing their job versus the wingT -Flex Bone Nason was running instead of the spread or whatever combination you call what they are doing now?
Very Interesting Game I suspect, I know it will be hard fought I give the nod to Hamburg with a repeat of last years final score 28-21

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Great article! As the chief representative of Hamburg Football we are not going into this game over confident. Our team is ready this week and our coaching staff is ready. I will enjoy watching the Eagle fans cry once again this year when the Lions put another beat down on the Eagles.

Sports Guru

Crossett brought back 2 star athletes in Duke and Williams last week they will play friday.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on October 19, 2017, 02:16:07 pm
Crossett brought back 2 star athletes in Duke and Williams last week they will play friday.

Williams only played a handful of snaps last week and it was obvious he was very rusty. I expect Duke will be the same this week. It's good to have them both healthy again though. If our receivers don't work to get open it's not gonna matter who the QB is!!

Sports Guru

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 19, 2017, 08:22:55 pm

Williams only played a handful of snaps last week and it was obvious he was very rusty. I expect Duke will be the same this week. It's good to have them both healthy again though. If our receivers don't work to get open it's not gonna matter who the QB is!!
Hopefully the coaches have worked hard on the recievers this week

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Sounds like yal need to have a coaches meeting.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas