• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Comparing the Top-Ten Rankings in Class 3A

Started by x14113, June 26, 2018, 05:54:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

x14113

June 26, 2018, 05:54:32 pm Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 11:44:38 pm by x14113
I've made some comparable posts on the appropriate boards, so here's how different groups are rating Class 3A.

Rank   HAF                       Calpreps                 AR Varsity
{1}BoonevilleBoonevilleBooneville
{2}McGeheeClintonMcGehee
{3}ClintonNewportPrescott
{4}PrescottCharlestonGlen Rose
{5}Glen RoseMcGeheeClinton
{6}CharlestonOsceolaMayflower
{7}MayflowerCHGCharleston
{8}NewportMayflowerCHG
{9}CHGHarding AcademyNewport
{10}Harding AcademySmackoverHarding Academy
{XX}Osceola (11)Glen Rose (13)Osceola (XX)
{XX}Smackover (17)Prescott (17)Smackover (XX)

MICHAELSPAPPY

HG Hornet

My Hornets are getting some 3A early respect.  Thank you and I like it.

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: CHG Hornet on June 26, 2018, 10:07:12 pm
My Hornets are getting some 3A early respect.  Thank you and I like it.
Lots of skill players returning.

HG Hornet

CoolBreeze

It will be interesting to see if HA lives up to the preseason top 10 ratings. They have to replace three of their top four receivers. And they have underachieved the last two years after the change in coaching staffs.

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on July 07, 2018, 11:34:16 am
It will be interesting to see if HA lives up to the preseason top 10 ratings. They have to replace three of their top four receivers. And they have underachieved the last two years after the change in coaching staffs.

I see you're back. Was hoping HA could just get you on staff for this coming year. Disappointing that didn't work.

Paperman

I think Osceola is undervalued by Hooten's. Prescott will certainly be better than 17th.

Hogman2018

Quote from: Paperman on July 13, 2018, 04:35:19 pm
I think Osceola is undervalued by Hooten's. Prescott will certainly be better than 17th.
I agree about Prescott they will alot better than that!

KOJACK

When did folks start paying attention to calpreps? I'm sure that California bunch knows a lot about Arkansas.

mike27

I saw Clinton, CHG, and Rison play last year(and many others). How is Rison not in the race here? I think Rison would steam roll Clinton just from what I saw last year.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: mike27 on July 17, 2018, 12:18:21 pm
I saw Clinton, CHG, and Rison play last year(and many others). How is Rison not in the race here? I think Rison would steam roll Clinton just from what I saw last year.
Just like when Mcgehee dropped down from 4a and weren't in any picks. Not many on here have seen Rison ever.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: mike27 on July 17, 2018, 12:18:21 pm
Clinton only lost 1 game last year and that was to Junction City 43-50!!!!  I think there solid #3 starting out.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KOJACK on July 17, 2018, 07:55:04 am
When did folks start paying attention to calpreps? I'm sure that California bunch knows a lot about Arkansas.
Proud Buck was the first I saw using them and he is famous now I hear.

beach bum

Quote from: Oldman on July 17, 2018, 01:46:34 pm
Proud Buck was the first I saw using them and he is famous now I hear.

Speaking of Proud Buck... Where has he been? I hope he comes back in August before this season....

Made

Clinton only graduated 3 Sr's I'm pretty sure returning 9 on both sides of the ball. They are going to be a tough out for anyone come playoff time

panther07

Quote from: beach bum on July 17, 2018, 04:36:37 pm

Speaking of Proud Buck... Where has he been? I hope he comes back in August before this season....

He can't. He's gotta post scores on 42 sports Facebook. No time.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Made on July 19, 2018, 07:24:07 am
Clinton only graduated 3 Sr's I'm pretty sure returning 9 on both sides of the ball. They are going to be a tough out for anyone come playoff time
Clinton is always better before the playoffs.

HorseFeathers

Jimbo Morphis

x14113

Quote from: KOJACK on July 17, 2018, 07:55:04 am

Besides providing a framework that compares teams across the country (BTW, it finds AR is getting stronger in FB each year), giving a full preseason ranking this early can let us make comparisons with other sources.

More lists will be added whenever I can find them.

HorseFeathers

Arkansas varsity
1. Booneville
2. McGehee
3. Prescott
4. Glen Rose
5. Clinton
6. Mayflowr
7. Charleston
8. Camden Harmony Grove
9. Newport
10. Harding Academy
11. Rison

MT Legend

July 28, 2018, 12:15:57 pm #22 Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 12:24:40 pm by MT Legend
I never understood the obsession with rankings. They don't prove crap,People get so upset when they don't see the school they root for on a list,Grow up lol,In college if Alabama ain't ranked #1 to start the season that whole Moronic fan base losses it's mind. 🙄

501Arkansas

Quote from: MT Legend on July 28, 2018, 12:15:57 pm
I never understood the obsession with rankings. They don't prove crap,People get so upset when they don't see the school they root for on a list,Grow up lol,In college if Alabama ain't ranked #1 to start the season that whole Moronic fan base losses it's mind. 🙄
Lol right

panther07

Quote from: MT Legend on July 28, 2018, 12:15:57 pm

Except in college, it matters.

MT Legend

Quote from: panther07 on July 28, 2018, 04:29:20 pm
Except in college, it matters.
how so? The final four teams will always be big names. They just give the rest of us bowl games. Lol. Tv ratings is the only ratings that matter.

beach bum

Quote from: MT Legend on July 28, 2018, 06:49:00 pm
how so? The final four teams will always be big names. They just give the rest of us bowl games. Lol. Tv ratings is the only ratings that matter.

Because to be able to have a chance at making the final 4 teams as a 1 or 2 loss team you must start the year highly ranked team. If you start the year at #20 and finish 11-2 you will finish the year around #8 in the country. If you start the year #2 and finish 11-2 you at least are giving yourself a chance at the top 4. He is right. Sadly, in college where you start matters a little.

panther07

Quote from: beach bum on July 28, 2018, 07:56:50 pm
Because to be able to have a chance at making the final 4 teams as a 1 or 2 loss team you must start the year highly ranked team. If you start the year at #20 and finish 11-2 you will finish the year around #8 in the country. If you start the year #2 and finish 11-2 you at least are giving yourself a chance at the top 4. He is right. Sadly, in college where you start matters a little.

Exactly what he just said.

MT Legend

Rankings are subjective opinions.we are humans meaning we have flaws.so therefore to put your faith into a flawed system thats not very bright.no I'm not calling you stupid let's clear that up,I am however saying wake up.Espn has and agenda that's to promote the SEC and have every other conference chase that rabbit and try to catch up. Mean while a lot of people are getting very very rich through out this process.🤑🤑🤑🤑 just be glad the hogs are apart of the "Chosen Conference"

panther07

Quote from: MT Legend on July 30, 2018, 09:03:46 am
Rankings are subjective opinions.we are humans meaning we have flaws.so therefore to put your faith into a flawed system thats not very bright.no I'm not calling you stupid let's clear that up,I am however saying wake up.Espn has and agenda that's to promote the SEC and have every other conference chase that rabbit and try to catch up. Mean while a lot of people are getting very very rich through out this process.🤑🤑🤑🤑 just be glad the hogs are apart of the "Chosen Conference"

Putting my faith into a flawed system? You're taking this too far man. All I said was that rankings matter in college football.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Oldman on July 17, 2018, 01:05:57 pm
Just like when Mcgehee dropped down from 4a and weren't in any picks. Not many on here have seen Rison ever.
they will see them this year

Jimbo Morphis

Lumberjackfan1978

Jimbo Morphis

MR#1

Rison is very good when in 2A. However, in 3A (at least the last time they were in that classification), the very good 2A team became just a good 3A team. The reason is numbers (i.e., depth). With a few more good solid players (three to five), Rison becomes that very good team. I hope they do. Go Cats!

Otherwise, tomorrow is August 1st. Bring the best time of the year on --- American football season! Looking forward to a great 3A high school football season.

beach bum

Let's just let Mcgehee and Booneville play a best of 7 series....

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: MR#1 on July 31, 2018, 01:45:30 pm
Rison is very good when in 2A. However, in 3A (at least the last time they were in that classification), the very good 2A team became just a good 3A team. The reason is numbers (i.e., depth). With a few more good solid players (three to five), Rison becomes that very good team. I hope they do. Go Cats!

Otherwise, tomorrow is August 1st. Bring the best time of the year on --- American football season! Looking forward to a great 3A high school football season.
I think they will have about the same numbers as Mcgehee.

WilderKat

Quote from: CoolBreeze on July 07, 2018, 11:34:16 am

They'll take what they get and like it...

We are seeing! 28-25 wildcats... Third quarter

CoolBreeze

WK, were you at the game?

We had out of town company, so I only checked the score on the radio a few times. In did catch part of the halftime report that said Highland had only 2 first downs in the first half but managed to score 19 points. Do you know if that was based on turnovers by the Wildcats deep in their own territory, returns, or long plays?

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 02, 2018, 02:11:39 pm
WK, were you at the game?

We had out of town company, so I only checked the score on the radio a few times. In did catch part of the halftime report that said Highland had only 2 first downs in the first half but managed to score 19 points. Do you know if that was based on turnovers by the Wildcats deep in their own territory, returns, or long plays?

Blown coverage to start game by wildcats. Pick 6 on tipped ball inside 20 going in. Another tipped ball int inside 30 going in that was returned to about the 20 yard line. Cats O gifted them 2 scores in first half.

Besides a couple mistakes, both sides played well. HA had 640 yards of Offense. 365 passing

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on September 02, 2018, 08:11:16 pm
Blown coverage to start game by wildcats. Pick 6 on tipped ball inside 20 going in. Another tipped ball int inside 30 going in that was returned to about the 20 yard line. Cats O gifted them 2 scores in first half.

Besides a couple mistakes, both sides played well. HA had 640 yards of Offense. 365 passing
Panther, thanks for the update.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas