Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Friday, December 15th, 2017.
CLASS 5A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME CAPSULE
CLASS 6A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME CAPSULE
CLASS 7A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME CAPSULE
FearlessFriday
Week 10 Review
Week 9 Review

Author Topic: Fearless Friday Rankings: Week 9  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Wess Moore

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Fearless Friday Rankings: Week 9
« on: October 30, 2017, 03:33:29 pm »
Overall
1.  Pulaski Academy
2.  North Little Rock
3.  Bentonville West
T4.  Bentonville
T4.  Greenwood
6.  Bryant
7.  Pine Bluff
8.  Conway
9.  El Dorado
10.  Fayetteville
11.  West Memphis
12.  Har-Ber
13.  LR Christian
14.  Joe T. Robinson
15.  Wynne
16.  Pea Ridge

7A
1.  North Little Rock
2.  Bentonville West
3.  Bentonville
4.  Bryant
5.  Conway
6.  Fayetteville
7.  Har-Ber
8.  Cabot
9.  Springdale
10.  FS Southside

6A
1.  Greenwood
2.  Pine Bluff
3.  El Dorado
4.  West Memphis
5.  Searcy
6.  Jonesboro
7.  Benton
8.  Texarkana
9.  Lake Hamilton
10.  Marion

5A
1.  Pulaski Academy
2.  LR Christian
3.  Wynne
4.  Nettleton
5.  McClellan
6.  Watson Chapel
7.  Alma
8.  Batesville
9.  Valley View
10.  Harrison

4A
1.  Joe T. Robinson
T2.  Pea Ridge
T2.  Warren
4.  Arkadelphia
5.  Prairie Grove
6.  Booneville
7.  Nashville
8.  Southside Batesville
9.  Ozark
10.  Ashdown

3A
1.  Junction City
2.  Mayflower
3.  Charleston
4.  Glen Rose
5.  Clinton
6.  Prescott
7.  Osceola
8.  McGehee
9.  Rivercrest
10.  Barton

2A
1.  Mount Ida
2.  Danville
3.  Earle
4.  Camden Harmony Grove
T5.  Conway Christian
T5.  Rison
7.  Hector
8.  Hazen
9.  Mountainburg
10.  McCrory

Offline Wess Moore

• Bench Warmer
Re: Fearless Friday Rankings: Week 9
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 03:49:31 pm »
Here are few thoughts on this weeks rankings.

Overall:  Very very close.  PA had one more point than NLR.  NLR had one more point than Bentonville West.  So we were pretty close to having a 1A, 1B, and 1C.

7A:  all of the voters except two have NLR/West  1-2 or 2-1.  (side note) I'm a little surprised Conway isn't getting more credit.
6A: all the ballots look very similar 
5A:  15 teams received votes this week.  That's the most in any classification. 
4A:  Warren continues to get more votes each week.  The top 7 teams appeared on everyone's ballot.
3A:  only 12 teams received votes.  The top 9 were on every ballot, but their rankings were all over the place.  This is a very deep classification.
2A:  There wasn't too much change..  a lot of byes this week.

Offline 7AFBFAN

• Head Coach
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 08:31:00 pm »
Here are few thoughts on this weeks rankings.

Overall:  Very very close.  PA had one more point than NLR.  NLR had one more point than Bentonville West.  So we were pretty close to having a 1A, 1B, and 1C.

7A:  all of the voters except two have NLR/West  1-2 or 2-1.  (side note) I'm a little surprised Conway isn't getting more credit.
6A: all the ballots look very similar 
5A:  15 teams received votes this week.  That's the most in any classification. 
4A:  Warren continues to get more votes each week.  The top 7 teams appeared on everyone's ballot.
3A:  only 12 teams received votes.  The top 9 were on every ballot, but their rankings were all over the place.  This is a very deep classification.
2A:  There wasn't too much change..  a lot of byes this week.

I am with you on Conway. They are winning in convincing fashion and have a big win over Bennie. I am guessing the pollsters think Bennie improved a lot from their meeting with Conway but Conway didn't??? 

Offline TigerHawg

• Bench Warmer
  • Patriots, Tigers, and Cards....oh my!
    • Tiger Football
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 11:24:10 am »
I am with you on Conway. They are winning in convincing fashion and have a big win over Bennie. I am guessing the pollsters think Bennie improved a lot from their meeting with Conway but Conway didn't???

I cant speak to Conway but I have to say the last 3ish games I have seen out of the Tigers reminded me of the BL era. A lot of hard running and a QB not afraid to get into the trenches.  Was hoping to see them get back to that.

Offline 7AFBFAN

• Head Coach
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 03:02:27 pm »
I cant speak to Conway but I have to say the last 3ish games I have seen out of the Tigers reminded me of the BL era. A lot of hard running and a QB not afraid to get into the trenches.  Was hoping to see them get back to that.

Bennie was my pick to win it all before year started. I just had a hunch. Conway I feel Conway has a very good team as well. I think they will have a say in playoffs.

Offline Pr8hd

• All Star
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 06:45:43 pm »
I think Future hit on this weeks back...#1 is gonna wind up with whoever wins 7A title, PA will get pushed to 2,  runner up 7A will get 3rd spot and GW will not move from 4 if all the chalk holds true in the playoffs. So, might as well get it set up in some template like that. The only way the apple cart gets changed a little if a real dark horse sneaks into 7A finals or obviously if PA or GW don't hold serve.

Offline Wess Moore

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 02:37:32 pm »
I think Future hit on this weeks back...#1 is gonna wind up with whoever wins 7A title, PA will get pushed to 2,  runner up 7A will get 3rd spot and GW will not move from 4 if all the chalk holds true in the playoffs. So, might as well get it set up in some template like that. The only way the apple cart gets changed a little if a real dark horse sneaks into 7A finals or obviously if PA or GW don't hold serve.
My two cents... with fewer games in the playoffs and more opportunities to see the top teams going against top competition, the voters have a better idea of who they think is number one.  Also keep in mind, teams get better as the year goes along.  Any template can be thrown out the window.  Overall standings will have to be an "eye test".  Chances are we'll have several undefeated champions.  Who I think is number one right now can definitely change after I see more games from other teams.

Offline Razorback Red

• Starter
  • BHS Grad- class of 95
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 03:59:56 pm »
My two cents... with fewer games in the playoffs and more opportunities to see the top teams going against top competition, the voters have a better idea of who they think is number one.  Also keep in mind, teams get better as the year goes along.  Any template can be thrown out the window.  Overall standings will have to be an "eye test".  Chances are we'll have several undefeated champions.  Who I think is number one right now can definitely change after I see more games from other teams.

Thanks, even though I disagree with some of your thought processes, you do a great job of explaining the rationale and I appreciate that.  As I've said before, the overall is just for fun anyway.  State titles are what matters. 

Just out of curiosity, do you think PA would beat NLR, West, Bentonville or GW H2H?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 04:01:55 pm by Razorback Red »

Offline The Future

• Starter
  • He>I
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 10:20:20 pm »
Well some shake up this week for sure.
Bryant won, Bennie won, West is unbeaten no more.

I predict something like this
1. PA who else. Like Iíve said they remain here til after the title games.
2. NLR moves to a big favorite to win it all and same as PA. Stays til is beaten. Or if they win the 7A. Then will swap with PA.
3. Bentonville bearing West will move them up out of the tie with Greenwood
4. Bentonville West one loss to Bentonville ainít too shabby and voters will drop them one spot and one spot only.
5. Greenwood second half surge dominates Wolves but wonít be enough to raise them nor keep them. Instead the 10-0 Dogs will fall to 5th
6. Bryant Beat a team many said they wouldnít. Been ranked high all year and a win would be enough to keep them here but surely they wouldnít put Bryant any higher.
7. Fayetteville everyone loves the 7A
8. Pine Bluff
9. Eldo
10. West Memphis
And of course weíll hear about the one point difference in each of the top few teams.

7-10 Iím not sure on. Just swapped some of the top teams around due to who won and who lost. And I may be way off wrong and if I am Iíll say so. But Iím pretty certain on the top 5. Only exception is maybe Greenwood and West being swapped.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:23:49 pm by The Future »

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas