Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Friday, December 15th, 2017.
CLASS 5A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME CAPSULE
CLASS 6A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME CAPSULE
CLASS 7A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME CAPSULE
FearlessFriday
Week 10 Review
Week 9 Review

Author Topic: Fearless Friday Rankings: Week 3  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Wess Moore

• Fearless Friday Moderator
  • Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Fearless Friday Rankings: Week 3
« on: September 18, 2017, 07:55:57 pm »
Overall

1.  Har-Ber
2.  Pulaski Academy
3.  Bryant
4.  Greenwood
5.  North Little Rock
6.  Bentonville West
7.  El Dorado
8.  Fayetteville
9.  Cabot
10.  Springdale
11.  Conway
12.  Pine Bluff
13.  Little Rock Christian
14.  Searcy
15.  Benton
16.  West Memphis

7A

1.  Har-Ber
2.  Bryant
3.  North Little Rock
4.  Bentonville West
5.  Fayetteville
6.  Cabot
7.  Springdale
8.  Conway
9.  Bentonville
10.  Catholic

6A

1.Greenwood
2.  El Dorado
3.  Pine Bluff
4.  Searcy
5.  Benton
6.  West Memphis
7.  Jonesboro
8.  Texarkana
9.  Lake Hamilton
10.  Russellville

5A

1.  Pulaski Academy
2.  LR Christian
3.  Wynne
4.  Morrilton
5.  McClellan
6.  Harrison
7.  Alma
8.  White Hall
9.  Sylvan Hills
10.  Watson Chapel

4A

1.  Joe T. Robinson
2.  Pea Ridge
3.  Prairie Grove
4.  Arkadelphia
5.  Ashdown
6.  Warren
7.  Nashville
8.  Shiloh Christian
9.  Mena
10.  Helena West Helena

3A

1.  Prescott
2.  Junction City
3.  Charleston
4.  Mayflower
5.  Clinton
6.  Greenland
7.  Newport
8.  Glen Rose
9.  Rivercrest
10.  Barton

2A

1.  Mount Ida
2.  Conway Christian
3.  Rison
4.  McCrory
5.  Danville
6.  East Poinsett County
7.  Earle
8.  Hector
9.  Bearden
10.  Salem

Offline Wess Moore

• Bench Warmer
Re: Fearless Friday Rankings: Week 3
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 08:06:38 pm »
A couple of notes from this week:

Top 16:  It's very close between PA, Bryant, Greenwood, and NLR.  Bentonville West was the big riser. 

7A:  Har-Ber is a unanimous #1.

6A:  Greenwood is unanimous.  Searcy continues to get more and more respect. Still some debate on who's number 2.

5A:  PA, LRC, and Wynne are 1-2-3 on all the ballots.  4-7 are very tight.  Then 8-9-10 are close.  Nettleton would be next, just outside the poll.

4A:  Robinson, Pea Ridge, and Prairie Grove are separated by three votes!  One voter dropped Pea Ridge a spot and that cost them #1.  4-7 are very close.  Riverview would be next.

3A:  By far the most wide open.  Several teams are getting votes for #1.  Top 4 are very consistent.  After that everyone's ballot is very different.

2A:  Mound Ida is unanimous.  2-6 are pretty tight.  7-12 are very close.  Palestine Wheatley would be next.

Offline The Future

• Starter
  • He>I
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 08:20:12 pm »
Wow. Very surprising
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:22:10 pm by The Future »

Offline PA Dad

• Assistant Coach
  • Credit to the man in the arena
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 07:50:56 pm »
PA has jumped from 7th to 2nd in two weeks.  Why?  Are the pollsters influenced by MaxPreps?

By the way, can you tell us who the pollsters are?  I don't mean by name, but are they coaches or sportswriters or both?

Offline B.G.

• Fearless Friday Administrator
  • Legend
  • I speak for me, myself and I.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 08:10:46 pm »
Has to be the lowest Bentonville has been in 10 years.  Not saying it's wrong or right.

Har-Ber certainly deserves their spot right now.

Non-conf play is certainly a tough guide to judge.  Conference will tell the tale.

Offline Wess Moore

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 09:08:27 pm »
PA has jumped from 7th to 2nd in two weeks.  Why?  Are the pollsters influenced by MaxPreps?

By the way, can you tell us who the pollsters are?  I don't mean by name, but are they coaches or sportswriters or both?

I doubt any of pollsters even look at Max Preps.  I'd guess part of PA's jump is due to Bryant's success.  I know it was just a benefit game but PA had a lot of success against Bryant.  Many believe Bryant is one of the best team's in the state.  And as I said, it's very close 2-5 so a few ballots changing can equal a nice jump.

We have promised to keep all voters identity a secret.  I'll say they come from all over the state, cover high school football passionately, and are very knowledgeable. 

Offline Wess Moore

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 09:09:44 pm »
Has to be the lowest Bentonville has been in 10 years.  Not saying it's wrong or right.

Har-Ber certainly deserves their spot right now.

Non-conf play is certainly a tough guide to judge.  Conference will tell the tale.
I thought the same thing.  It was very strange typing their name in at #9.

Offline PA Dad

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 09:20:53 pm »
I doubt any of pollsters even look at Max Preps.  I'd guess part of PA's jump is due to Bryant's success.  I know it was just a benefit game but PA had a lot of success against Bryant.  Many believe Bryant is one of the best team's in the state.  And as I said, it's very close 2-5 so a few ballots changing can equal a nice jump.

We have promised to keep all voters identity a secret.  I'll say they come from all over the state, cover high school football passionately, and are very knowledgeable.

Thanks.  I certainly wasn't trying to learn the pollsters individual identities.  And I don't doubt their competence.  I was just curious about their fields of endeavor.

Polls are fun and generally pretty accurate.  But, this early in the year, they are also guesswork.

I asked about MaxPreps because they have PA No. 1 in the state and No. 17 in the nation.  I think that rates PA much too high but I just wondered if that influenced the pollsters.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 09:56:37 pm by PA Dad »

Offline Mike Bonds

• Fearless Friday Historian
  • Assistant Coach
  • Mike Bonds--Founder of Fearless Friday
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 04:33:44 pm »
Thanks.  I certainly wasn't trying to learn the pollsters individual identities.  And I don't doubt their competence.  I was just curious about their fields of endeavor.

Polls are fun and generally pretty accurate.  But, this early in the year, they are also guesswork.

I asked about MaxPreps because they have PA No. 1 in the state and No. 17 in the nation.  I think that rates PA much too high but I just wondered if that influenced the pollsters.

I'm sure watching PA boat race Bossier City on ESPNU influenced a lot of people's thinking on PA this week.

Offline The Future

• Starter
  • He>I
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 10:46:44 pm »
PA runs over a OOS team on ESPN and rises from 4 to 2 over Greenwood who had a rough start but put away a good Alma team and Bryant who throttled 6A Lake Hamilton.

This week Bryant took down a young and inexperienced Northside team, who in their 3 losses haven't allowed more than 34 points, and Greenwood battled with their toughest team this season at Texarkana while PA mudstomped helpless LR Fair.

We'll see if the voters keep PA at 2 behind Harber or if they decide roundhouse kicking Fair isn't enough and drop them a few notches. Or at least to 3.

I could be wrong. But it don't look like this next weeks overall ranking will be that much different than this one. Fayetteville lost to Bennie so we might see Fay fall out of the top 10 and Bennie crack the list. My top 5 would be Harber, Greenwood, PA or Bryant for 3 and 4 either would work then NLR.

Offline PA Dad

• Assistant Coach
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 10:53:27 pm »
PA runs over a OOS team on ESPN and rises from 4 to 2 over Greenwood who had a rough start but put away a good Alma team and Bryant who throttled 6A Lake Hamilton.

This week Bryant took down a young and inexperienced Northside team, who in their 3 losses haven't allowed more than 34 points, and Greenwood battled with their toughest team this season at Texarkana while PA mudstomped helpless LR Fair.

We'll see if the voters keep PA at 2 behind Harber or if they decide roundhouse kicking Fair isn't enough and drop them a few notches. Or at least to 3.

I could be wrong. But it don't look like this next weeks overall ranking will be that much different than this one. Fayetteville lost to Bennie so we might see Fay fall out of the top 10 and Bennie crack the list. My top 5 would be Harber, Greenwood, PA or Bryant for 3 and 4 either would work then NLR.

I would love to see a round robin between Harber, GW, PA
, NLR  and Bryant.  No chance it will happen but it would be very interesting.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas