• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Overall polls??

Started by chicks_fan, February 02, 2006, 11:21:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chicks_fan

What are the 4A and overall state polls now??

GoblinHunter

If JB is number two overall than Huntsville should be somewhere in that top ten list....

chicks_fan

Well, if jboro is #2, i think that Blytheville should be ranked higher than they are too.

pinkpanther

ddogmouth

most polls mean nothing, except for the press, & board talk!!

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: GoblinHunter on February 02, 2006, 11:58:50 pm
If JB is number two overall than Huntsville should be somewhere in that top ten list....

I don't think so.  Jonesboro is a great team who is playing so well right now.

I have a hard time putting them ahead of a team that they lost to and that team only has one loss on the season, but Jonesboro is solid. 

Oh, and I think Huntsville is overrated, but I haven't seen them play, so I have no personal knowledge to back that up

GoblinHunter

Than basically your an idiot, but I have no previous back ground to back that up.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: GoblinHunter on February 03, 2006, 01:15:58 pm
Than basically your an idiot, but I have no previous back ground to back that up.

Then give me some evidence that they are not overrated, or that they belong in the top 10 because Jonesboro is #2.  Put some substance into your post instead of just plain stating opinions.

GoblinHunter

1. Placed third in the NEOSHO tourney, got beat by the top ranked Texas team
    2. Won Green Forest tourney over very talented Valley team
    3. Beat 2 out of three AAAAA opponents losing by 2 to JB......
    4. Tied for first in AAAA West action with a win over both teams they are tied with.
    5. I think they are just a solid team, undefeated at home the last two seasons in conference play, and only one    non-conference lose at home in last two seasons.
    6. They play really well together also, and very exciting to watch....

I hope that this might help you look at them a little different.

bbmom

February 03, 2006, 01:44:19 pm #9 Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 01:46:39 pm by bbmom
Huntsville is in a 3-way tie (with Morrilton & Harrison) for first place in a conference that many think is "down" this year (AAAA West). Of course, many of those "many" are from Alma & Greenwood ( ;D)!

Anyway, I doubt that a team which isn't holding a solid lead in its conference would be rated in the top 10 overall in the state without some other pretty impressive performances. I think Huntsville boys have a good team, but not near the caliber of those teams listed, even if they are tied with my team at the moment.

Oh, and I've ready many posts that Freak has posted and basically, he does NOT seem to be an idiot to me, even though I haven't met him personally. He seems to have great insight into the game of basketball and keeps this board well informed about many teams.

GoblinHunter, you've just presented a great example of why those who have been on this board for a long time get irritated at relative newcomers who post stupid comments.

chicks_fan

Quote from: GoblinHunter on February 03, 2006, 01:30:18 pm
1. Placed third in the NEOSHO tourney, got beat by the top ranked Texas team
    2. Won Green Forest tourney over very talented Valley team
    3. Beat 2 out of three AAAAA opponents losing by 2 to JB......
    4. Tied for first in AAAA West action with a win over both teams they are tied with.
    5. I think they are just a solid team, undefeated at home the last two seasons in conference play, and only one    non-conference lose at home in last two seasons.
    6. They play really well together also, and very exciting to watch....

I hope that this might help you look at them a little different.

Well, Blytheville beat Jboro and is still 4 spots behind them in the overall poll, so that sounds about right that you are not in the top ten since you lost to them in my opinion.

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: bbmom on February 03, 2006, 01:44:19 pm
Huntsville is in a 3-way tie (with Morrilton & Harrison) for first place in a conference that many think is "down" this year (AAAA West). Of course, many of those "many" are from Alma & Greenwood ( ;D)!

Anyway, I doubt that a team which isn't holding a solid lead in its conference would be rated in the top 10 overall in the state without some other pretty impressive performances. I think Huntsville boys have a good team, but not near the caliber of those teams listed, even if they are tied with my team at the moment.

Oh, and I've ready many posts that Freak has posted and basically, he does NOT seem to be an idiot to me, even though I haven't met him personally. He seems to have great insight into the game of basketball and keeps this board well informed about many teams.

GoblinHunter, you've just presented a great example of why those who have been on this board for a long time get irritated at relative newcomers who post stupid comments.

Thanks for the nice words bbmom. 

And for GoblinHunter, Jonesboro isn't the same team y'all played early in the season.  Heck, they aren't the same team that Blytheville beat over Christmas.  As much as I hate to say it, Jonesboro is right where they should be, and so is Huntsville.

bbmom

No prob, Freak.

Morrilton's girls and guys both beat Huntsville tonight, so there is no longer a 3-way tie for the AAAA West boys. Mo-Town has first place alone, up one game ahead of Greenwood.

And as for GoblinHunter...well, he just ticked off RD on another thread. Oops!

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: bbmom on February 03, 2006, 11:51:16 pm
No prob, Freak.

So Blytheville's ladies are still undefeated...congrats!

Morrilton's girls and guys both beat Huntsville tonight, so there is no longer a 3-way tie for the AAAA West boys. Mo-Town has first place alone, up one game ahead of Greenwood.

And as for GoblinHunter...well, he just ticked off RD on another thread. Oops!

Nope.  Blytheville's girls got beat tonight by Marion.  It was a great game though.  Blytheville's girls didn't play as well as they have been lately, but still had a shot at the end.  7-1 isn't bad in conference though.

bbmom

I'm sorry I read it backwards & changed my post but you had already replied. Sorry for the loss. We are also 7-1 (Mo-Town girls).

MarionTrackStar44

jus go ahead an put marion at bottom of all the polls

niceguy

no ya'll will be in the final four just need to get hot at the right time and nobody will be able to stop you.but marion and blytheville both have a really good shot at winning it but what marion really needs to do is tell nance not to shoot at the NBA range and he would probably make some of those shots every now and again. set some screens and get him open somehow if he had an open look from 3 and wasn't 5 feet behind the line he would score 20 every game

MarionTrackStar44

THANK YOU!!...i tell him that all the time...he jus stubborn... yea he never shoots on the line an whne he does he usually makes it..his 3's are always nba distance....he jus can hit them long 3's all day in practice so i guess he thinks he can do it in a game...but yea when him an spencer are hot..marion cant be stopped an thats a FACT!..i know they will make it to magnolia they jus gotta have there A game on when we get there

niceguy

well i don't know if it is marion played bad aginst blytheville or if blytheville played good d or if it was a little bit of both but i have seen marion and what it looks like to me is that everybody is playing for themselves and you can do that and win conference in any other confrence in the state but not in the east anyway ya'll will be fine get spencer shooting lights out again and nance to be nance again and you will be in alltel with blytheville but even they can improve

hunt5747

I just told Nance that today.  Stop taking UNECESSARY shots in a close game when you can get a higher percentage shot.  Blytheville has got us by a little but some adjustment we can see them in the final....I hope.

bballchik4lyfe

so does anyone know what the rankings are now in the 4A west conference and state conference? does morrilton have any good sophmores that play for them because I've never heard of any?

bbmom

West standings as of game 8 (FEB 3rd):

Boys

1. Harrison  (6-2)         
    Morrilton  (6-2)         
3. Huntsville (5-3)         
    Vilonia     (5-3)           
5. Greenwood (3-5)       
    Siloam Springs (3-5)   
7. Alma   (2-6)               
    Greenbrier  (2-6)       

Girls

1. Morrilton (7-1)         
2. Greenwood (6-2)     
3. Alma (4-4)               
    Harrison (4-4)           
    Huntsville (4-4)       
6. Greenbrier (3-5)       
7. Siloam Springs (2-6) 
    Vilonia (2-6)             

Morrilton does have several good sophomores, but their they have a very talented group of seniors and juniors who see the most playing time. The sophomore I've been most impressed with is Preston Hill, who can shoot outside and dunk. Not sure how tall he is, but I'd guess about 6'3" or so.

On the girls team, however, one sophomore starts--SheKinna Stricklen (forward)--and another, DeLayna Griffin (guard), steps in quite often, especially since one of our starting juniors got injured two weeks ago.

chicks_fan

Did the polls change any in the Gazette today?

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: chicks_fan on February 05, 2006, 09:21:19 pm
Did the polls change any in the Gazette today?

Boys:
1. Fayetteville
2. Jonesboro
3. Forrest City
4. LR Christian
5. LR Parkview
6. Blytheville
7. Pine Bluff
8. Benton
9. Mills
10. Magnolia

Girls:
1. Northside
2. CAC
3. Strong
4. Cabot
5. Parkview
6. Morrilton
7. Fayetteville
8. Pine Bluff
9. Rogers
10. Mountain Home

bbmom

I guess the poll people forgot that Morrilton's girls beat Cabot & Parkview back in November.  ;D

ddogmouth

the democrat/gazette poll is picked by 1 person. not much of a poll if you ask me!!

John M.

Thanks for the nice words bbmom.

And for GoblinHunter, Jonesboro isn't the same team y'all played early in the season. Heck, they aren't the same team that Blytheville beat over Christmas. As much as I hate to say it, Jonesboro is right where they should be, and so is Huntsville.

While I respect the fact that you're trying not to be a homer by singing Blytheville's praises I have to disagree with you Freak.I don't know how you can put Blytheville behind Jonesboro when they are 19-1 and Jonesboro is 17-5 and the Chicks beat them in the only head to head matchup.Sure Jonesboro is playing well,beating Forrest City among others but beating Marion at Marion is not an easy feat either.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas