• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Quarterfinals

Started by Go Postal, March 08, 2015, 07:32:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

March 08, 2015, 07:32:24 pm Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:11:34 am by Go Postal
Quarterfinals are here.  Upcoming games with 1st round scoreboard so far...

Boys:
C1 LR McClellan wins by 12 vs E4 seed.  (Winner Quarterfinal by 19)
S2 Watson Chapel wins by 3 vs W3 seed.

C4 LR Fair wins by 1 vs E1 seed.
W2 Vilonia wins by 7 vs S3 seed.

W1 Maumelle wins by 23 vs S4 seed.
C3 Jacksonville wins by 8 vs E3 seed.

S1 Hot Springs wins by 1 vs W4 seed.
C2 Mills University Studies wins by 14 vs E3 seed.

Girls:
C1 Pulaski Academy wins by 8 vs E4 seed. (Winner Quarterfinal by 13)
W3 Vilonia wins by 12 vs S2 seed.

E1 Green County Tech wins by 24 vs C4 seed.
W2 Harrison wins by 5 vs S3 seed.

W1 Farminton wins by 20 vs S4 seed.
E2 Batesville wins by 7 vs C3 seed.

S1 Hot Springs wins by 5 vs W4 seed.
E3 Valley View wins by 17 vs E3 seed.

Comments and insights are welcomed...

UncleRico

Is it safe to say the Central is the strongest conference in the state! (5A)

Ponca

Yup. Unfair to say East is worst until we see how West & South fair against Central

mijally

Not until you beat teams from the South and West. If you do that then you will be. Right now you proved your better than East teams.

Burks

I thought the Central would sweep the East before Tourney. Like I have said before, the 5A Central is the 2nd toughest conference in the State behind the 6A South.

kingoftherapids

Quote from: Burks on March 08, 2015, 09:52:46 pm
I thought the Central would sweep the East before Tourney. Like I have said before, the 5A Central is the 2nd toughest conference in the State behind the 6A South.
That is a joke right?

Burks

March 09, 2015, 07:01:15 am #6 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:07:02 am by Burks
No joke! Which Conference you think tougher? Open for debate.

Go Postal

Go Postal

March 09, 2015, 08:02:40 am #8 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:08:09 am by Go Postal
Quote from: Go Postal on March 09, 2015, 07:50:05 am
Updated this morning.
Quote from: Burks on March 09, 2015, 07:01:15 am
Not sure of what you meant.
If you are talking about the 5A, then Central boys/girls are off to a good start.  So are the East girls.

If you are talking about the 5A compared to the 6A or even the 7A, the top 4 boys/girls 6A and 7A get a BYE for the 1st round.  So I have to say the 5A is tougher because ALL 16 boys and 16 girls teams have to play the 1st round and prove who can go to the Quarterfinals.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Go Postal on March 09, 2015, 08:02:40 am
Quote from: Go Postal on March 09, 2015, 07:50:05 am
Updated this morning.
Quote from: Burks on March 09, 2015, 07:01:15 am
Not sure of what you meant.
If you are talking about the 5A, then Central boys/girls are off to a good start.  So are the East girls.

If you are talking about the 5A compared to the 6A or even the 7A, the top 4 boys/girls 6A and 7A get a BYE for the 1st round.  So I have to say the 5A is tougher because ALL 16 boys and 16 girls teams have to play the 1st round and prove who can go to the Quarterfinals.

He is saying Boys 5A Central Conference is the 2nd toughest Conference with 6A South being the toughest basketball conference.  He was not comparing overall classifications.

AT

Hard to say the 6A South is the toughest conference right now when they may only get one semifinalist while the Central has two...and the South had 3 more teams in the tournament.

Complete Biased PoV

And down goes the West 2 seed by way of the Central 4 seed by 8 points.  Was a 14 point lead with 1:50 left in the game.  Vilonia got a few points back late.

Burks

March 09, 2015, 06:22:40 pm #12 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:31:33 pm by Burks
POV hit it on the money. Top to bottom, I think the 6A South and the 5A Central are the 2 toughest Boys conferences in the State. So far the Central is showing it's strength. Sorry it took so long to clear up my opinion.

Chief_Osceola™

The all-5A Central semifinal will have to wait until next season. Maumelle knocked of Jacksonville this evening. Three of the four semifinalists are now set. Tonight's last game should be a good one.

mijally

Were you at the game Chief?  Heard we were down big early.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: mijally on March 09, 2015, 08:38:14 pm
Were you at the game Chief?  Heard we were down big early.

No, unfortunately I'm not able to be there. I got the score updates through the MHS Facebook page. We were down 21-11 after the first period then outscored them 40-28 the last 3 quarters.

mijally

Sounds like they left the defense on the bus and someone went back and got it after the first quarter.

Go Postal

Any word on the...

Hot Springs vs Valley View girls game

Hot Springs vs Mills boys game

Just wanting to know.  Big game for the South boys and big game for the East/South girls pending.

Marblehog

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: mijally on March 09, 2015, 09:23:58 pm
Sounds like they left the defense on the bus and someone went back and got it after the first quarter.

They must have waited until after halftime. It was 34-25 at the half, which means they held J'ville to 15 points the 2nd half.

Chief_Osceola™

Also, if you want some up-to-date scores, there is a Twitter page that updates regularly after each period. It is @5astategct

mijally

Thanks. The score threads are a little slow.

mijally

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 09, 2015, 10:11:00 pm
Quote from: mijally on March 09, 2015, 09:23:58 pm

They must have waited until after halftime. It was 34-25 at the half, which means they held J'ville to 15 points the 2nd half.
Hope he recorded that halftime speech.

Marblehog

Haven't seen score from boys game

Go Postal

March 09, 2015, 10:30:46 pm #24 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:33:35 pm by Go Postal
Any clue on the final of the Hot Springs/Mills boys game yet?

Marblehog

Can't find it anywhere.  aAA is a joke

Chief_Osceola™

Go Postal

Official?  Wow, Hot Spring boys and girls are still in it.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Marblehog on March 09, 2015, 10:33:24 pm
Can't find it anywhere.  aAA is a joke

I think Tim Cooper from ADG is covering the 5A tournament. His Twitter handle is @ADGTim - he updates a lot more regularly than the AAA twitter and the one I mentioned above.

Marblehog

Hot springs won.  Hit shot with 2 seconds left

Go Postal

Thanks guys.  Go to the 5A Semis Horse race to input more on the next level.  Poll for the Best boys/girls conference and who on the boys AND girls teams might go to the finals. ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas