• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison @ Maumelle

Started by Go Postal, February 25, 2015, 11:05:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

Maumelle, due to weather have to play 3 games in a row (LRC, Greenbrier, Harrison) to see who will get seedings from 1-4 (Maumelle, Vilonia, Morrilton and whomever),
Harrison has gone behind the 8 ball for 4th seed.  Clarksville, though tied on wins/losses owns the H2H against the Goblins.  Clarksville still needs to play Greenbrier.  Greenbrier lags one game behind Harrison and Clarksville.  Still need to play Maumelle and Clarksville.
Harrison needs to win away to keep their 4th seed alive.
Some big games still to go in the West for seeding in the playoffs.

Comments and insights are welcomed..

Vteagle

It seems as though Harrison has backed itself into a tough spot.  I wondered how big this game would be?  Maumelle is trying to secure a #1 seed, Harrison playing for it six playoff life!  Games being played on top of one another should make for an interesting finish!

Go Postal

From what sevenof400 has posted in another thread.  For Harrison to get the 4th seed instead of Clarksville or Greenbrier, three things need to happen in the remaining games...
Maumelle needs to beat Greenbrier
Greenbrier needs to beat Clarksville
Harrison needs to beat Maumelle

Wow, talk about a threesome. :o

Go Postal

I saw that Morrilton Devil Dogs lost to Farmington Cardinals last night.  Wow!  Hornets and Eagles are giving each other high fives over that.  Maumelle makeup games are still pending on who will be the top seed.

It still amazes me that lower seed teams, haven't thrown in the towel but still play like there is at least seven games left to play for seeding.  I think that this is fantastic!  Though I have seen maybe, 5 teams striving for seeding or just to get into the playoffs in the past years this late in conference play, I'm not sure though, but I think that this season is the 1st time that I have seen 6 teams trying not only for position on the 1st-4th seeding but also with the 7th and 8th seed still trying to make a difference on the end of conference play.  Talk about your competitive conference.  Wow!  This is another reason that I am a Wild, Wild West fan.

Go Postal

Greenbrier beats Maumelle in a thriller 60-55!
This what I saw for Thursday night.  Wow!  Still shifting on the 1st-4th seed.
With this win, Harrison will be out of the playoffs.  First time in at least 4+ years,.  Great conference, very competitive.  From 1st seed to 8th seed.  Maumelle still has two games to go against Harrison and LRCA for their 1-to maybe 3 seeding.  Clarksville and Greenbrier round 14 will be exciting on who is the 4th seed.  Vilonia and Morrilton are waiting on the Harrison@Maumelle game on possibilities with a Saturday game for Maumelle/LRCA pending.  Love this conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas