• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please post scores for 2/17 (or 2/18) in this thread....

Started by sevenof400, February 17, 2015, 06:28:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

February 17, 2015, 06:28:38 pm Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:31:15 pm by sevenof400
There may not be many games played today so let's use this thread for any games played today or tomorrow. 

At the half, Vilonia girls 18, Greenbrier 16

bobcat81

scoutteamshoota

Vilonia boys win 67-66.  Two clutch FTs with 10 seconds left to win it for the Eagles. 

sevenof400

February 18, 2015, 06:02:32 pm #3 Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:16:03 pm by sevenof400
Harrison 57
Morrilton 51
Girls Final

And with that result, the Vilonia, Harrison and Greenbrier girls are assured of state playoff berths.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 11
Morrilton Devil Dogs 11

end of 1st.

Harrison Golden Goblins 22
Morrilton Devil Dogs 37

Half.  DDogs came out hot in the 2nd period.  GOBS had 6 turnovers this period.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 38
Morrilton Devil Dogs 48

end of 3rd.

sevenof400

Morrilton 66
Harrison 54
Final

Morrilton clinches a state playoff bid.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 54
Morrilton Devil Dogs 66

Final.  DDogs did great.  GOBS came within 3 pts behind DDogs early in this period.  Turnovers & missed shots killed the GOBS.  Swinson Devildog and Huskey Goblin were the high scorers.

Go Postal

Ponca

Quote from: Go Postal on February 18, 2015, 08:02:12 pm
Any news on the Clarksville @ Farmington games?

Farm Girls won 50-40
Clarksville boys won 66-57

Cardfan1

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 18, 2015, 06:02:32 pm
Harrison 57
Morrilton 51
Girls Final

And with that result, the Vilonia, Harrison and Greenbrier girls are assured of state playoff berths.

And Farmington correct? Did I miss something?

Googlymoogly

yes, Farmington clinched too. I guess he posted that before her knew the outcome of Farmington's game tonight

sevenof400

Googlymoogly

Chief_Osceola™

PercussionMan

Quote from: Go Postal on February 18, 2015, 07:33:27 pm
Morrilton Devil Dogs 66

Final.  DDogs did great.  GOBS came within 3 pts behind DDogs early in this period.  Turnovers & missed shots killed the GOBS.  Swinson Devildog and Huskey Goblin were the high scorers.

Devil Dogs shot very well and played as a team.  They are very hard to beat when they play that way.  Huskey, just like I said last year, is a straight up ball player...that kid can almost keep you in a game by himself!  If Atwell would have stayed inside, I think it would benefit the team more.  I may be wrong, since I'm just a spectator.  Overall, I really only got nervous a couple of times...once being when Harrison made the run in the third quarter and were causing Morrilton to turn the ball over.  Thankfully, that didn't knock them totally off their game. 

Elvis Hoggoblin

Quote from: PercussionMan on February 19, 2015, 08:30:16 am
Morrilton Devil Dogs 66

Devil Dogs shot very well and played as a team.  They are very hard to beat when they play that way.  Huskey, just like I said last year, is a straight up ball player...that kid can almost keep you in a game by himself!  If Atwell would have stayed inside, I think it would benefit the team more.  I may be wrong, since I'm just a spectator.  Overall, I really only got nervous a couple of times...once being when Harrison made the run in the third quarter and were causing Morrilton to turn the ball over.  Thankfully, that didn't knock them totally off their game. 

Your observation of the Goblins is right on.  Silas Huskey is a stud....there are times when he totally takes over a game.  I think at one point last night (during the 3rd quarter run you are referring to) he scored  7 points, had 2 steals, an assist, and a rebound in a time span of about 40 seconds.

As far as Atwell, again you are right on.  I have been at every game this year, the only player that can play with him inside the paint is the kid from Vilonia, that's it.  If he would spend his time around the basket (instead of floating around the 3 point line) and stay out of foul trouble he would score 20 + and grab 10+ rebounds every single night.

Rockhounds x2

PercussionMan:

--- Quote from: Go Postal on February 18, 2015, 07:33:27 pm ---Harrison Golden Goblins 54
Morrilton Devil Dogs 66

--- End quote ---

Anyone missing me? Nahh I didn't think so!
The key sentence in this post is Morrilton playing as a team!

Go Postal

Any scores from the Maumelle/LRCA boys/girls games yet?

Missed you, Rockhound.

Chief_Osceola™

I haven't heard anything. The MHS Facebook page hasn't posted any updates. I wasn't able to make it over to the gym tonight so I'm in the dark.

Go Postal

February 19, 2015, 08:51:47 pm #20 Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:57:10 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 19, 2015, 08:00:55 pm
I haven't heard anything. The MHS Facebook page hasn't posted any updates. I wasn't able to make it over to the gym tonight so I'm in the dark.
Thanks, Chief.  I was going to post some thoughts on why Maumelle or LRCA doesn't have live internet radio or live video streaming,  it was bad and possibly would be banded on ff.  I was in the Navy, now, Postal worker and video gamer but most importantly, a West fan.  But thanks, Chief on what you can do...

mijally

I believe the game was rescheduled for next Wednesday according to the LRCA website.

Go Postal

Quote from: mijally on February 19, 2015, 08:54:41 pm
I believe the game was rescheduled for next Wednesday according to the LRCA website.
:o  because they are they closest West teams to each other than Vilonia, Greenbrier and Morrilton.
Then, the next few games will be something on seeding in the next weeks because it looks like Central and Northern Arkansas will be in weather conditions on Friday night.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: mijally on February 19, 2015, 08:54:41 pm

That's interesting - thanks for the heads up. I would have been looking around and texting all night! I can't figure out why it would be rescheduled next week - that means we'll be playing 3 games next week, 2 of them being on consecutive nights, instead of 2 games this week back to back and then only 2 next week on the regular nights.

mijally

You don't want to reschedule a game the night before you have to travel to Clarksville who wasn't playing the night before. You want to make sure you make it up when both teams have back to back. Make sense?

mijally

In other words, Maumelle and LRCA would have had a competitive disadvantage in Fridays game if they played Thursday since their Friday opponents played Wednesday.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: mijally on February 19, 2015, 09:26:32 pm

You don't want to reschedule a game the night before you have to travel to Clarksville who wasn't playing the night before. You want to make sure you make it up when both teams have back to back. Make sense?

Actually now that I think about it, that does make sense.  LRC will also have a game the night before, so they won't be any more rested than we will be.

Rulesman

Quote from: mijally on February 19, 2015, 09:26:32 pm

That's just coaches playing mind games with each other.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on February 19, 2015, 09:45:27 am
Morrilton Devil Dogs 66

Your observation of the Goblins is right on.  Silas Huskey is a stud....there are times when he totally takes over a game.  I think at one point last night (during the 3rd quarter run you are referring to) he scored  7 points, had 2 steals, an assist, and a rebound in a time span of about 40 seconds.

As far as Atwell, again you are right on.  I have been at every game this year, the only player that can play with him inside the paint is the kid from Vilonia, that's it.  If he would spend his time around the basket (instead of floating around the 3 point line) and stay out of foul trouble he would score 20 + and grab 10+ rebounds every single night.

Yeah...that "little" burst by Huskey was crazy!  Just proves how vital he is to their offense.  If there are not some in state schools looking at him for basketball (and even football), they're missing out, in my opinion!  He's a Jeff Morgan (Harding coach) type player.  What about Brock Humphrey?  I think he and Silas both had good games last year when they beat Morrilton at Morrilton.  Was he off his game?  He's quite the athlete also.

I agree about Atwell.  I almost said in my last post that he's AT LEAST a 15 and 10 per game type player, if he stays down low.

I will say what I said last year...I think Harrison has the tools to compete with a lot of teams in the post season and maybe even to upset some.

Morrilton really surprised me with how well they attacked the basket (I heard they did the same in the win last Friday night at Maumelle).  They are small overall, and they will have to do the same thing tonight at Vilonia in order to have a chance to return the favor that the Eagles gave them earlier this season.

Elvis Hoggoblin

Quote from: PercussionMan on February 20, 2015, 09:59:06 am
Morrilton Devil Dogs 66

Yeah...that "little" burst by Huskey was crazy!  Just proves how vital he is to their offense.  If there are not some in state schools looking at him for basketball (and even football), they're missing out, in my opinion!  He's a Jeff Morgan (Harding coach) type player.  What about Brock Humphrey?  I think he and Silas both had good games last year when they beat Morrilton at Morrilton.  Was he off his game?  He's quite the athlete also.

I agree about Atwell.  I almost said in my last post that he's AT LEAST a 15 and 10 per game type player, if he stays down low.

I will say what I said last year...I think Harrison has the tools to compete with a lot of teams in the post season and maybe even to upset some.

Morrilton really surprised me with how well they attacked the basket (I heard they did the same in the win last Friday night at Maumelle).  They are small overall, and they will have to do the same thing tonight at Vilonia in order to have a chance to return the favor that the Eagles gave them earlier this season.

Huskey signed to play Baseball with Williams Baptist.  He will be All-State this year in Football, Basketball, and Baseball; and the best thing, he is an outstanding young man and role model for my son and the other younger players in each sport.  I truly believe that he could excel at the next level in any sport.

Brock is a tremendous competitor.  His shot has been a little off this year, but don't get me wrong, he also is a great kid and role model and has been very beneficial to this basketball team.  He will be All state in Football and Baseball.  In my opinion he was the 2nd best QB in Arkansas this year (his stats proved it).  I am bewildered that he has been overlooked by college coaches in football.  He has great poise, a fantastic arm, quick feet, smart, tough, a winner.......his only knock is size.....really?????......same size as Manziel.   Oh well, what do I know?

HockeySticks

So All State Basketball and Baseball already announced!!!!!!!

sevenof400

Elvis Hoggoblin

Rockhounds x2

Huskey signed to play Baseball with Williams Baptist.  He will be All-State this year in Football, Basketball, and Baseball; and the best thing, he is an outstanding young man and role model for my son and the other younger players in each sport.  I truly believe that he could excel at the next level in any sport.

Brock is a tremendous competitor.  His shot has been a little off this year, but don't get me wrong, he also is a great kid and role model and has been very beneficial to this basketball team.  He will be All state in Football and Baseball.  In my opinion he was the 2nd best QB in Arkansas this year (his stats proved it).  I am bewildered that he has been overlooked by college coaches in football.  He has great poise, a fantastic arm, quick feet, smart, tough, a winner.......his only knock is size.....really?????......same size as Manziel.   Oh well, what do I know?

Elvis which QB have you watched that was better? Stats are misleading especially when there's 3 more games for one player! As for the college interest you really don't want my opinion on that!

PercussionMan

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on February 20, 2015, 11:23:26 am
Quote from: PercussionMan on February 20, 2015, 09:59:06 am
Morrilton Devil Dogs 66

Wow...so, Huskey is a true three sport athlete and good in all three?!  That's amazing!!  He seems like a pure athlete just watching him on the basketball court.  He just has that confident look to him.  And, obviously, his speed is great! 

Humphrey impressed me as a starter in football, even his sophomore year (he was a three year starter at QB, right?).  I can't believe someone is not looking at him and offering him at least an opportunity to see what he can do on the field at the college level.  The kid obviously has great skills.

Go Postal

February 20, 2015, 08:11:34 pm #35 Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 08:19:07 pm by Go Postal
Yeah, Brock became starting QB in his sophomore year when Senior QB got injured.  Got put under the gun early for West conference play, but made him the great athlete that we saw in his Senior football year.  His twin brother is also a very good 3 sport athlete.

One thing about Silas in football, he played the offensive and defensive side of the field very well, but what really amazes me about him was that he only played 2 years of high school football, ever.  He proved that he was a natural for the game with only 2 years of training.  I wonder how much greater of an football athlete he would have been if he played football in Jr high or his sophomore year.

Though I can't make it to the Spring baseball games because boys/girls soccer is going on at the same time, I hear that Brock, Hunter and Silas are very good baseball players.  I imagine they are some of the reasons that Harrison has been going to the baseball playoffs in the last few year.

The Goblin Nation has some great boys/girls athletes.  I won't list all of the sports, but I will list the ones that I follow on going to the playoffs this season...
Football - 1st time going to playoffs since 2006.  B Humphey is at least the 2nd best QB in high school.
Basketball - Girls going to the playoffs for the second year in a row.  Boys seeding still pending, but the Goblins have made it to the playoffs in the last few years and making the semis some of those times.
Baseball - pending, but the Goblins have gone to the playoffs in the last few years and making the semis some of those times.
Soccer - pending, but the Boys/Girls have made the playoffs since 2002.  Boys made the semis every year in the last 13 years.  Have 6 State championships and one State Runner-up.  Girls made the semis 9 times in the last 13 years.  Have 4 State championships and two State Runner-ups.

Yeppers, great multisport athletes at Harrison.

lets_b_real

Mo-town's coaching kept Harrison in the game imo ..... Some of the Dawgs best talent comes off the bench.... the one player that Mo-town has that's fearless sparked a run that put the dawgs ahead.....then went back to the bench.....as the Goblins made their run he was sitting on the bench.....when he was reinserted the lead was pushed back out..... Not saying that he won the game.....but his play elevated his teammates.... If mo-town coaching coaches this way in the playoffs it's going to be an early exit........ The coach's son has potential but he's not one of the 2 keys that drive the team...... I see what a lot of people from Camden was saying.....

PercussionMan

Quote from: lets_b_real on February 21, 2015, 01:51:30 am
Mo-town's coaching kept Harrison in the game imo ..... Some of the Dawgs best talent comes off the bench.... the one player that Mo-town has that's fearless sparked a run that put the dawgs ahead.....then went back to the bench.....as the Goblins made their run he was sitting on the bench.....when he was reinserted the lead was pushed back out..... Not saying that he won the game.....but his play elevated his teammates.... If mo-town coaching coaches this way in the playoffs it's going to be an early exit........ The coach's son has potential but he's not one of the 2 keys that drive the team...... I see what a lot of people from Camden was saying.....

Just think if Calvin would have come back from last year...everyone talked about the kid last year, and now, he's not even playing this year.  The Dogs have great chemistry on the floor with the right combination of players.  I like watching the coach's son...I think he's a good, explosive player for his size, but I would have to agree that there may be better options at times.

ar basketball fan

I agree Calvin  would  have  made this team  much better, if the coach didn't try to hold him back.  Even without size, good coaching, and the addition of Calvin I would say the Dawgs would have had a legit shot at a Title. Sometimes coaches put to much stock in their own kids and it hurts the teams.

sevenof400

As a Vilonia fan (and I mention this because I have seen Morrilton just twice this year), an observation that struck me was how fast Morrilton opened up in the first quarter (the pace of play).  Had they been able to maintain that pace for more of the game, Morrilton might have significantly changed the plot of the game and possibly, the outcome.

But after the first quarter or so, Morrilton seemed content at a slower pace of play (picking spots to run on occasion) while Vilonia seemed to assume control of the game's pace from that point forward.  Morrilton only played 8 players IIRC and it seemed that as the game wore on, Morrilton appeared to be the team tiring.  With as many players as Morrilton had on their bench, I thought the Devil Dogs might attack in waves but that was not the case. 

Has this been the case for Morrilton all year? 

PercussionMan

Quote from: ar basketball fan on February 21, 2015, 09:45:53 am
I agree Calvin  would  have  made this team  much better, if the coach didn't try to hold him back.  Even without size, good coaching, and the addition of Calvin I would say the Dawgs would have had a legit shot at a Title. Sometimes coaches put to much stock in their own kids and it hurts the teams.

Why is Calvin not playing this year?  I never heard for sure why he wasn't, unless I just completely forgot.

PercussionMan

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 21, 2015, 11:22:22 am
As a Vilonia fan (and I mention this because I have seen Morrilton just twice this year), an observation that struck me was how fast Morrilton opened up in the first quarter (the pace of play).  Had they been able to maintain that pace for more of the game, Morrilton might have significantly changed the plot of the game and possibly, the outcome.

But after the first quarter or so, Morrilton seemed content at a slower pace of play (picking spots to run on occasion) while Vilonia seemed to assume control of the game's pace from that point forward.  Morrilton only played 8 players IIRC and it seemed that as the game wore on, Morrilton appeared to be the team tiring.  With as many players as Morrilton had on their bench, I thought the Devil Dogs might attack in waves but that was not the case. 

Has this been the case for Morrilton all year? 

I've seen handful of Morrilton's games this year.  They seemed to have a fairly consistent pace (fast up and down the floor and moving the ball a lot) against Harrison.  But, I would have to agree with your assessment in other games.  I think the coach likes to move the ball a lot when a team's defense gets back and gets set, but they attack pretty well when they are in transition, are creating turnovers, etc.  I tend to think that an overall highly fast paced game would help them against some teams but probably hurt them against others.  They tend to turn the ball over if they keep that pace up for very long, unless they just outrun their opponent. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas