• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

17th Annual Fort Smith TOC

Started by fortsmithtoc, November 06, 2013, 04:20:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fortsmithtoc

17th Annual Fort Smith Tournament of Champions (Girl's Basketball)
December 12,13 & 14, 2013 at Gayle Kaundart / Grizzly Fieldhouse - Northside High School, Fort Smith, AR

Here are the teams:

Fort Smith Northside High School (AR) - 2012-13 State Champion
Fort Smith Southside High School (AR) - 2012-13 State Runner-Up
Greenland High School (AR) - 2012-13 State Champion
Mountain Home High School (AR) - 2012-13 State Semi-Finalist
Malvern High School (AR) - 2012-13 State Champions
Rockbridge High School (MO) - 2012-13 State Champion
Ozark High School (MO) - 2012 -13 State Tournament Team
Midwest City High School (OK)

Also, the banquet speaker for this year is Carolyn Peck.

www.fortsmithtoc.com

THE D.O.C

That Rockbridge High team is nationally ranked, they also have several D-1 girls whose committed to colleges

PASS

Rockbridge is LOADED!!! they have:

Cierra Porter 6'5" committed to Missouri.
Shayla Cheadle 6'2" committed to Kansas.
Sophie Cunningham 6'3" committed to Missouri.
Audrey Holt 6'2" committed to Missouri State.

Should be a GREAT tournament.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: PASS on November 06, 2013, 06:50:04 pm
Rockbridge is LOADED!!! they have:

Cierra Porter 6'5" committed to Missouri.
Shayla Cheadle 6'2" committed to Kansas.
Sophie Cunningham 6'3" committed to Missouri.
Audrey Holt 6'2" committed to Missouri State.

Should be a GREAT tournament.

GREAT FOR WHO?.........Man that's a college team, literally. That size you only see at Tennessee and UCONN.  What team in this tournament is capable of giving them  competition?

PASS

Cheadle, Porter & Holt all played for Misspuri Phenom this past year. Team Arkansas Elite-Hogue beat them in April with Arkansas girls.  I'm guessing Malvern & Northside's athleticism will challenge Rockbridge. They are top 10 nationally. I hope one of the Arkansas teams can knock them off. It would be a feather in the cap of Arkansas girls basketball.

PASS

The Malvern VS Rockbridge game on Thursday will definitely be worth the price of admission!!!!

THE D.O.C

Quote from: PASS on November 12, 2013, 09:41:02 pm
The Malvern VS Rockbridge game on Thursday will definitely be worth the price of admission!!!!
Hard to tell how this game will go, Rockbridge with it's size or Malvern and their athleticism

dc4hogs

Unfortunately, Rockbridge has much athleticism too.  Although, the bright side....they aren't quite as tall as listed above but tall nonetheless.  They go 6-4, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1 with those four girls listed above.  Their other probable starter is the twin to cheadle also at 6-1 who is going to Kansas on volleyball scholarship. 

THE D.O.C

November 13, 2013, 08:42:40 am #9 Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:46:32 am by THE D.O.C
Quote from: dc4hogs on November 13, 2013, 06:36:35 am
Unfortunately, Rockbridge has much athleticism too.  Although, the bright side....they aren't quite as tall as listed above but tall nonetheless.  They go 6-4, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1 with those four girls listed above.  Their other probable starter is the twin to cheadle also at 6-1 who is going to Kansas on volleyball scholarship.
Not taking anything from Rockbridge at all, I truly believe they are athletic and can run the floor. I just hope Malvern can get a rebound with all that size. That lineup is like Tennessee or UCONN. Malvern's size is 5-10, 5-9, 5-9, 5-8

dc4hogs

I take that back on the volleyball player being the 5th probable starter.  I forgot but they have Bri Porter back this year after suffering knee injury last year.  She is 6-2 and also committed to Mizzou.  So there ya have it....big hurdle.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: dc4hogs on November 13, 2013, 02:10:34 pm
I take that back on the volleyball player being the 5th probable starter.  I forgot but they have Bri Porter back this year after suffering knee injury last year.  She is 6-2 and also committed to Mizzou.  So there ya have it....big hurdle.
Sounds like this group of girls are salty and tall.

TheMercenary

Rockbridge H.S. girls are ranked #12 in Maxpreps Preseason Xcellent 25

Fort Smith Northside girls are ranked #24 in the same National Poll. Congratulations Lady Bears!!

THE D.O.C

Quote from: TheMercenary on November 15, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
Rockbridge H.S. girls are ranked #12 in Maxpreps Preseason Xcellent 25

Fort Smith Northside girls are ranked #24 in the same National Poll. Congratulations Lady Bears!!

Tough 1st round bid for the Leopards, playing #12 ranked team in the country. Anybody have info on Rockbridge besides being Giants? Both teams have D-1 players so this should be pretty intense high school game, I just hope Malvern can stay on the floor.

THE D.O.C

December 16, 2013, 12:38:57 pm #14 Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 12:40:36 pm by THE D.O.C
Great tournament. Rockbridge was everything I thought they would be although they had weaknesses at guard but did move 6-1 and 6-2 girl to help at guard. The 6-1 girl made tournament MVP.  I thought our girls (Malvern) were pretty tired the first day, they went to school, travelled  4 hours and played the #12 ranked team in the country at 8:30 that night. I think that was a lot to ask of these young ladies but they managed to win 2 out of 3 with this tournament having some of the best teams in the Midwest. Playing in this tournament can only help these teams down the line. Great job Ft. Smith. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 

PASS

DOC, you are 100% correct. You are better off playing those types of teams & getting better, than padding the win column with blowouts. Malvern represented Arkansas well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas