• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Clean Bill Of Health

Started by -Painted Fan-, April 25, 2008, 03:18:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

I just returned from getting the colonoscopy.  And the doctor gave me a clean bill of health, not even one polyp (Thank You God!).  It'll now be another 5 years before I have to have another one.
As I stated yesterday, I urge each one on here to PLEASE get checked.  It's not real fun going 2 days without food, but it's worth the discomfort (and at 6' 210#, I was in no danger of starving to death!).  It's not real fun getting a camera shoved up your backside, but it's worth the embarrassment.  And as a friend said yesterday, no one has ever died of embarrassment.  People die every day from cancer, though.
Please get the checkups, the exams, and take care of yourselves.
And thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers.
           -Painted Fan-

RHS

Great news man. Congrats on being free of the "c" word.

Father Guido

RHS

I also understand how you feel about having something shoved up your backside. It's not great and you really don't look at it as a bright spot and it is embarassing, but I'll take embarassed and know I healthy over not knowing.

Hurricane

The up the can part is bad but it's definately worth it. God bless you Painted Fan. Here is too more years in the stands!!!!!!

True Believer

That is such good news, PF.   Congrats.   

johnharrison

I you have a family member over the age of 40, get them to get a colonoscopy.  It REALLY REALLY is a test that can save someone's life.

Don't worry about it unless your doc sends you flowers and says he like to get to know you better.

edghog

Papa Billie™

Great News!  My prayers are with ya....SS

jackfan1™

Great news!

I'm a nurse and I KNOW I need to do this.

I don't WANT to do this.

I've NEVER done this.

Note to self: Grow up.

johnharrison

The good news that that Vodka and 7up count as clear liquids.  That 48 hour prep isn't as bad as you thought.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas