• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's That Time Again

Started by -Painted Fan-, April 24, 2008, 04:49:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

I'm hungry.  And I'm not feeling too great right now.
My last meal was yesterday at 10:45 am.  And my next meal will be tomorrow afternoon (and even then, it'll be kinda bland).
You see, I have to have a colonoscopy in the morning.  I've had no less than 2 dozen of these since '95, and I'll have them the rest of my life.  I'm a 13 year colon cancer survivor (Thank You God!).  And I'm at 5 year intervals for the scope. 
  I don't mean to make this sound bad.  Today is actually the worst part.  I usually get sick as a dog.  Tomorrow, I'll just go in and tell them "hey, I'm going to sleep now.  Wake me up when it's over."
I'm really writing this to tell you something, my friends.  I wouldn't wish the C word (cancer) on my worst enemy.  And before you tell yourself that "it can't happen to me", let me tell you, I was 31 when I was diagnosed.  And it broke my heart every time I went for chemo treatments and saw babies and little kids up there getting treatments.  It can happen.  And it does.  I would bet that there's not a person reading this that hasn't been affected by this dreaded disease, whether it's a family member or friend, or even yourself.
Early detection is vital.
Is it uncomfortable?  Yes.  Is it embarrassing?  Yes.
But it can save your life.
And if you're not going to do it for yourself, do it for your family or friends.
Get the scope.  Get the prostate exam.
Get the pap smear.  Get the mammogram.
Please.
I love you all.
          your friend, -Painted Fan-

Now, if you'll excuse me, "Uncle John" is calling.

Hurricane

Wampus_Cat

fastdrop

The Reality is back...

Father Guido

Good luck, there Painted Faint.  Hope you get good results.

ReconSniper

Good luck on that.  Hope it all comes out well. ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas