• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Hate Dr. Pepper!

Started by -Painted Fan-, December 30, 2007, 03:13:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldogs1159

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on December 31, 2007, 03:13:13 pm
PF, I think it's a conspiracy.  Dr. Pepper purposely shakes all bottles and cans before distributing them.  It's pretty much an unwritten rule that Dr. Pepper must be opened with great care so as to not spew soda all over the place.  It gives it a certain uniqueness, kind of like how everyone knows that Cap'n Crunch cuts the roof of your mouth.

Either that or something in the formula causes it to create a more volatile reaction when the pressure is released.  Maybe it has more initial carbonation.
LIES!!!!! My Cereal does NOT cut the roof of your mouth.

Papa Billie™

January 02, 2008, 01:52:34 am #51 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 06:13:47 pm by Super Scrapper
The best Dr.Pepper in the world is "Dublin Dr. Pepper" it is made with Imperial Sugar and is bottled only in Stephenville, Texas.  This is the very best you can drink...If you have never had it, you are missing a treat.  I buy several cases at a time when I am in the area!  I also have friends bring them this way...Worth every cent...SS   ;D

COWGIRLUPAR

I hate DP.  Use to be the only "coke" I drank, but nine months of morning sickness will cure you.  I'll never drink one again.  Diet Coke has won me over.  As for Pepsi, I will drink water if a resturant only offers Pepsi.

mattp_68

dr pepper is great...but for some odd reason ever since they changed companies it changed taste to me...dr. pepper/mr pibb..they are all good

Fat Money

My apologies to my beloved Dr. Pepper for not getting in on this thread earlier.
Just a couple of notes to throw out onto the table.
I've spent/lost a ton of money on Dr. Pepper/Dr. Pepper sweat. The latter is in reference to the earlier poker post that had me laughing over some hilarious poker nights from my college days - 10 2 4 sweat, where you're dealt five cards face down and, without looking at them before the hand starts, you roll them over one at a time, betting after each roll. 10s, 2s and 4s are wild, so imagine beating a guy who rolls over a natural four of a kind with a handful of all that other jibberish.
As for the former, the best would have to be a Route 44 Vanilla Dr. Pepper from Sonic (No, QF, NOT diet. Diet tastes like what RD must have felt like after eating Rooster's ribs over here in Harrison!).
Of Dr. Pepper's 23 flavors, I'm thoroughly convinced one of them is cocaine because this is one tough drink habit to kick for me. But I will say this, the last two times I lost a significant amount of weight (30 lbs. in three months each time before falling off the wagon) I did it by quitting Dr. Pepper cold turkey and switching to water and walking (the water helped curtail the caffeine-withdrawal headaches).
You'd think I'd learn my lesson and just stay off it for good, but it's so hard when that ol' Dr. Pepper monkey jumps all up on ya!

P.S. The earlier ginger reference is correct. Ginger, which can be purchased at health food stores in its root form (What?! A Dr. Pepper-holic frequents health food stores?!) is great for settling upset stomachs.

Kingfisher

Quote from: Super Scrapper on January 02, 2008, 01:52:34 am
The best Dr.Pepper in the world is "Dublin Dr. Pepper" it is made with Imperial Sugar and is bottled only in Stephenville, Texas.  This is the very best you can drink...If you have never had it, you are missing a treat.  I buy several cases at a time when I am in the area!  I also have friends bring them this way...Worth every cent...SS   ;D

Are you kidding me....I've never heard of that...I have to try some. Is there any way to order it SS and have it sent to your home?

Quite Frankly

Ginger and Prune Juice and 21 other flavors.

Sadly, I've played that "Dr. Pepper" poker wild card crap.  Back before Texas hold'em became the norm, there were many such wild games of chance.

Throwback1

Seems like the hold 'em craze has slowed down quite a bit to me.  Right or wrong?  Anybody know?

Papa Billie™

Quote from: Kingfisher on January 03, 2008, 01:55:33 pm

Are you kidding me....I've never heard of that...I have to try some. Is there any way to order it SS and have it sent to your home?

I just happen to have a web  site for ya!  Thanks for asking...ROFL...SS   ;D

www.dublindrpepper.com

bulldogs1159

You know SS I never really liked ya, but today you earned some serious points with that link.

Papa Billie™

January 04, 2008, 03:01:12 am #60 Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 03:15:20 am by Super Scrapper
Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on January 04, 2008, 02:53:57 am
You know SS I never really liked ya, but today you earned some serious points with that link.

Thank you very much!!

Anyway, you will really enjoy these Dr.Peppers, they are the BEST in the world...SS
   ;D

Kingfisher

Quote from: Super Scrapper on January 04, 2008, 02:49:49 am
Quote from: Kingfisher on January 03, 2008, 01:55:33 pm

I just happen to have a web  site for ya!  Thanks for asking...ROFL...SS   ;D

www.dublindrpepper.com
Thanks very much SS.....I really appreciate it !!  ;D KF

Texarkana_Piggie

where is dublin? (texas not ireland)

Papa Billie™

January 04, 2008, 12:29:28 pm #63 Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 05:53:36 pm by Super Scrapper
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on January 04, 2008, 10:58:26 am
where is dublin? (texas not ireland)

Suburb of the Stephenville, Texas Metro Area, Ha, ha....We visit the plant when we go to see our son and his family.  Visit the attached web site for info, it is very interesting!  The Dublin Dr. Peppers are very good...SS   ;D

Lions84

I love the DR Pepper ! You have to open it very slowly I have had the 2 liters spew all over the Kitchen.

The Reality is back...

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on December 31, 2007, 06:29:00 pm
PF, I think it's a conspiracy.  Dr. Pepper purposely shakes all bottles and cans before distributing them.  It's pretty much an unwritten rule that Dr. Pepper must be opened with great care so as to not spew soda all over the place.  It gives it a certain uniqueness, kind of like how everyone knows that Cap'n Crunch cuts the roof of your mouth.

Either that or something in the formula causes it to create a more volatile reaction when the pressure is released.  Maybe it has more initial carbonation.

FAMILY GUY!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: The Reality is back... on January 07, 2008, 04:12:04 pm
Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on December 31, 2007, 06:29:00 pm

FAMILY GUY!

LOL, Count Chocula spreadin' lies...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas