• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wal-Mart Contributes 5% Of Online Sales To Homosexual Group

Started by -Painted Fan-, November 15, 2006, 03:22:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

Lions84

buffalofan5

Who cares?
Did they give 5% to a terrorist group? No, so why is this news?

HA_Fan

Quote from: buffalofan5 on November 15, 2006, 04:18:41 pm
Who cares?

There are more things that are bad to support than just terrorism.

If they gave 5% to help men more successfully cheat on their wives or to buy more alcohol for alcoholics, that would be a bad idea too.

amehr36

Who cares?

No but the group they are giving it to still kills the population....

FooseballGuru

Quote from: amehr36 on November 15, 2006, 04:58:34 pm
Who cares?

+1 Amehr36...;D

amehr36

I knew most of us would appreciate that TRUE statement  8)

buffalofan5

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on November 15, 2006, 04:56:05 pm
Who cares?

If they gave 5% to help men more successfully cheat on their wives or to buy more alcohol for alcoholics, that would be a bad idea too.

I love it when people compare homosexuality to alcoholism or adultery.

Goodness,  some FF threads are  like one big circle of stupid.

FooseballGuru

Quote from: buffalofan5 on November 15, 2006, 05:11:46 pm
Quote from: HA_Fan™ on November 15, 2006, 04:56:05 pm
Who cares?

I love it when people compare homosexuality to alcoholism or adultery.

Goodness,  some FF threads are  like one big circle of stupid.

You say that like they are compared a lot, It was a first time for me to see them compared. Why do you care anyway aren't you still 14, those three things shouldn't even cross your mind.

buffinator

buffalofan5

November 15, 2006, 05:17:42 pm #10 Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 05:19:33 pm by buffalofan5
QuoteYou say that like they are compared a lot, It was a first time for me to see them compared. Why do you care anyway aren't you still 14, those three things shouldn't even cross your mind.
They arn't compared alot.

Homosexuality is often compared to alot of really irrelevant things though.

You talked about my age when you had nothing better to say :o How original..

buffinator

Quote from: buffalofan5 on November 15, 2006, 05:17:42 pm
You talked about my age when you had nothing better to say :oHow original..
just missed his point.  read that line again.

buffalofan5

Quote from: buffinator on November 15, 2006, 05:16:38 pm
well now we know who supports homosexuality
I don't support it.

I'm not stupid enough to talk about boycotting wal-mart just because they do.

buffinator

didnt this same issue come up about Target a few years ago?

FooseballGuru

I meant nothing negative about your age. When I was 14 I was running home from school hoping I didn't miss...Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego? I meant no ill will at all, I was simply intrigued by your comments about Wal-Mart and Homosexuality. I apologize I'm sure people play the age card a lot with you, but darlin you should concern yourself with far more important things than this.

buffalofan5

Quote from: buffinator on November 15, 2006, 05:21:44 pm
Is this directed at me or just a general question?

Because, I have no clue. I don't lie away at night thinking about those terrible homo's taking over our country.

buffalofan5

Quote from: Rex O'Herlehan on November 15, 2006, 05:22:34 pm

I meant nothing negative about your age. When I was 14 I was running home from school hoping I didn't miss...Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego? I meant no ill will at all, I was simply intrigued by your comments about Wal-Mart and Homosexuality. I apologize I'm sure people play the age card a lot with you, but darlin you should concern yourself with far more important things than this.
I'm not "concerning" myself with it. Everyone else is.

It's cold and rainy and I need a way to kill time before I go to a basketball game.

buffinator

Quote from: buffalofan5 on November 15, 2006, 05:23:26 pm
Quote from: buffinator on November 15, 2006, 05:21:44 pm
Is this directed at me or just a general question?

Because, I have no clue. I don't lie away at night thinking about those terrible homo's taking over our country.

it was a general question. 

BBC54

When I was 14 I was running home from school hoping I didn't miss...Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego?

I LOVED THAT SHOW!

ASU Rugby

Who cares? If people want to be gay let them be gay. Its not like their sinning anymore than we are.

buffinator

Quote from: BBC54 on November 15, 2006, 05:41:06 pm
When I was 14 I was running home from school hoping I didn't miss...Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego?

I LOVED THAT SHOW!
the original Power Rangers :D

RD™

Did you hear that, that was Sam Walton banging on his casket. Screaming

FU QUEEERS!

Scorpius

Amen RD Boo Queers and Boo Wal Mart. Maybe they need a Karma meter for us to slap them with.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: RD™ on November 15, 2006, 05:49:00 pm

I figure Sam's been rolling in his grave long before this came up.

philgoodallday

Quote from: ASU Rugby on November 15, 2006, 05:42:53 pm
Who cares? If people want to be gay let them be gay. Its not like their sinning anymore than we are.

How in the world do you figure that?  If  jealousy is a sin, and I'm a little jealous that my friend drives a brand-new truck, does that make me as bad as a homo?  That's insane!  Get a clue. 

mudslog

Bullcorn.  A co-worker was checking out at Walmart and said he was a homo and received absolutely no discount.   

Tarkus

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 16, 2006, 01:29:24 am
Quote from: RD™ on November 15, 2006, 05:49:00 pm

I figure Sam's been rolling in his grave long before this came up.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I rarely ever shop at WM, but I have my own reasons for that.

WCD

Who cares?

You have spoken your position and others have spoken theirs. It's apparent that you chose not to live by God's word since God says that homosexuality is an abomination in His sight.

There are many who will not want to shop at Walmart and support this effort. There is a move on right now to get people to NOT shop at Walmart on the Friday after Thanksgiving. As I understand it, that is one of the biggest days in shopping and this will send a message to Walmart that the majority of people who shop there don't support their decision to support the homosexual lifestyle.

WCD ;D

stina_ar

Yeah. My mom told me last month she was boycotting WalMart b/c of this.
I would boycott WM b/c they screwed my grandparents over by taking away the layaway program.

This is ridiculous.
You think you're so reighteous because you're a Christian.
You sin everyday. What makes you any better than someone who is homosexual?
Your sins aren't "as bad" as someone else's so you jump all over them.

Typical.

"Let he who is without sin..."

Lions84

buffalofan5

Quote from: WCD on November 16, 2006, 01:49:08 pm
Who cares?

You have spoken your position and others have spoken theirs. It's apparent that you chose not to live by God's word since God says that homosexuality is an abomination in His sight.

There are many who will not want to shop at Walmart and support this effort. There is a move on right now to get people to NOT shop at Walmart on the Friday after Thanksgiving. As I understand it, that is one of the biggest days in shopping and this will send a message to Walmart that the majority of people who shop there don't support their decision to support the homosexual lifestyle.

WCD ;D
You guys just go ahead and boycott wal-mart on black friday. I'm sure millions of others will join in. Just like boycotting exxon-mobil..eww that went well.
How is the largest company in the world going to handle the large blow from this? :O

Those daggum queers. First they take over our television, then church, and now our wal-mart!!

[Sarcasm over]

football_writer

Who cares?

explain...

ASU Rugby

Quote from: philgoodallday on November 16, 2006, 08:35:49 am

How in the world do you figure that?  If  jealousy is a sin, and I'm a little jealous that my friend drives a brand-new truck, does that make me as bad as a homo?  That's insane!  Get a clue. 

Some people on here need to pull out a bible. It says not to judge others, because when they die they will be judged in the eyes of god. If the gay people someday realize their sin and TRUELY ask for forgiveness, they will be granted it. We are taught not to be gay hating bigots.

We are all the same in the eyes of god. Its not like we deserve god and homosexuals dont. None of us deserve him.

amehr36

Quote from: football_writer on November 16, 2006, 05:14:58 pm
Who cares?

explain...

I thought it was quite self explanatory...

WCD

Quote from: buffalofan5 on November 16, 2006, 04:04:53 pm
Who cares?
You guys just go ahead and boycott wal-mart on black friday. I'm sure millions of others will join in. Just like boycotting exxon-mobil..eww that went well.How is the largest company in the world going to handle the large blow from this? :O

To your first question............. God cares! He wants all to be saved. God hates sin and homosexuality is a sin.

My $100 bucks won't make a dent in Walmart's pocket but combined with others it can make a difference. But the bigger picture is choosing to support those stores who have not made a decision to support something against God's will. I am not worried about Walmart but I do worry about supporting something financially that I believe is going against God.

bobcat_fan speaks of those who claim to be Christian and yet judge others. God command us to live a righteous life and sin not. While we are sinners and sin daily it is another thing to speak out against Satan and his evil works. That was a problem for the Israelites in the OT. Their watchman fell asleep and the enemy snuck in and overtook them.

We must stand in the gap and be ready at all times. For us not to be on watch is like sweeping the demons from inside us only to let them back in the next day. If we fill ourselves with righteous things we will not have the room to put evil into our life.

"As a man thinks in his heart, so is he!"

WCD ;D

buffalofan5

Quote from: WCD on November 16, 2006, 07:58:31 pm
Quote from: buffalofan5 on November 16, 2006, 04:04:53 pm
Who cares?
You guys just go ahead and boycott wal-mart on black friday. I'm sure millions of others will join in. Just like boycotting exxon-mobil..eww that went well.How is the largest company in the world going to handle the large blow from this? :O

To your first question............. God cares! He wants all to be saved. God hates sin and homosexuality is a sin.

My $100 bucks won't make a dent in Walmart's pocket but combined with others it can make a difference. But the bigger picture is choosing to support those stores who have not made a decision to support something against God's will. I am not worried about Walmart but I do worry about supporting something financially that I believe is going against God.

bobcat_fan speaks of those who claim to be Christian and yet judge others. God command us to live a righteous life and sin not. While we are sinners and sin daily it is another thing to speak out against Satan and his evil works. That was a problem for the Israelites in the OT. Their watchman fell asleep and the enemy snuck in and overtook them.

We must stand in the gap and be ready at all times. For us not to be on watch is like sweeping the demons from inside us only to let them back in the next day. If we fill ourselves with righteous things we will not have the room to put evil into our life.

"As a man thinks in his heart, so is he!"

WCD ;D

good Lord...(hehe)

You bible-thumpers need to wake up and realize that in your preaching you, yourselves are going against what God wants. You're judging others. That is no better then homosexuality. I say we throw you out of Church because you get online and spill dribble about what you think is God's plan.

Wanna' know why I take such a seemingly anti-Christian stance on ff? Because Christians reuined Christianity.
Everytime I hear one of you ff'ers speak you're talking about this little window of "ok" that is your lives. You think Christians are all supposed to be alike.

Well I've got news. I'm sure you all think America is supposed to be a white picket-fence suburbian paradise but it isn't. Nowhere in the Bible dose it say your lawn has to be trimmed and your children should make straight a's. You don't have to make 30-200 k a year to be a "child of God".You don't have to have 2.5 kids and a dog named skip. You people twist the bible to fit what you live and it's WRONG! Do you think God would be happy that you're twisting his words to slander someone because they're different? Is that better then homosexuality.

BTW..you Christians should know your bible before you skew it's message around. In Leviticus it says "If a man shall lie with man like he lays with woman it is an abomination" (not a direct quote but tell me where I went wrong).
Now, please direct me to the part of the Bible where it states you must reject any good intentioned contact with homosexuals.

Yeah, homosexuals sined. But everyone of you who said the word "queers" in this thread did too. You're not perfect. Stop pretending you are.

[my disclaimer:WCD not all of this post was directed at you]

rabs_fan4life

Quote from: ASU Rugby on November 16, 2006, 07:23:53 pm
Quote from: philgoodallday on November 16, 2006, 08:35:49 am

Some people on here need to pull out a bible. It says not to judge others, because when they die they will be judged in the eyes of god. If the gay people someday realize their sin and TRUELY ask for forgiveness, they will be granted it. We are taught not to be gay hating bigots.

We are all the same in the eyes of god. Its not like we deserve god and homosexuals dont. None of us deserve him.
Thank you for saying it for me!  Anyone who says they don't believe that all sin is the same should open their bibles and read.  ASU Rugby is exactly right, the Bible tells us that we are not to judge others for when they die God will judge them and that it is not our place to do so.  Matthew 7:1-2 says "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

It is our place however to spread the gospel to them so they too can recieve salvation, but it is not our place to condemn them.  The Bible tells us that all sin is created equal and that Jesus died on the cross for ALL sins, not just a few of them or the "really really bad one"..ALL OF THEM.  When he died on that cross all sin became equal and every sin was forgiven, we just have to ask for it and accept God into our hearts.  Even those who dont' read the Bible often should at least be able to identify with John 8:6-7 "But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

So my whole point in all of this is, you don't have to agree with homosexuality, because obviously the same Bible that you use to justify your faith also says that it is wrong, but that same Bible tells you not to judge and condemn others either, so you can't pick and chose the parts of the Bible you want to live by.  It's either all of it, or none of it!  Grace and Peace!

momof3

Great post buffalofan...more people should have your outlook.

Partagas

I shop at Target and I hate the French (from a military standpoint). I don't hate  happy folks, Im mildly mo-tolerant considering my conservative outlook, try to consciously condemn the sin not the sinner, and try to take a biblical approach in my thought processes. Yet I cannot stomach the way television has become completely enamoured with throwing ambiguous to flaming gayness at us in everything from fast food commercials to awards shows and everything in between. It's not funny anymore. It's not a novelty anymore. Charles Nelson Reilly, Liberace', Ru-Paul, I'm over it all, give us a break. If Wally wants to fund a gay rights lobby it's their business, I don't HAVE TO shop there. And I try not to. Especially the one here in mid-town Springdale. It's always a zoo.

vessel11

I do agree that many people sometimes try to categorize sins as either "Little" or "Big" sins. Here's a verse that might open some people's eyes:

James 2:10-11: "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law."

I am in no way supportive of homosexuality but some people won't even take the time to pray for homosexuals, yet they lie to get themselves out of trouble.  Many people always point out that homosexuality is an abomination but probably can't tell what book says that.  Here's another scripture that tells a little bit about what God sees as an abomination:

Prov. 6:16-19: "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

No I didn't make that up... look in your Bible if you don't believe me.

philgoodallday

I think some have missed the point.  I'm not saying that one sin is worse than another, or even that I don't sin daily.  I do, however, think that people have the right to deny support of open sin.  Would it make a difference to people if Wal-mart decided to support the adulterers of the world?  Isn't it the same thing if all sin is equal?  There are many good reasons to boycott Wally-world, if you start lacking ideas!

vessel11

To clarify... no I do not think that anyone should support any kind of sin (whether open or discreet).  I was just saying that it irritates me to hear people so readily point out that homosexuality is an abomination (which is by all means true) but then they turn around and do something that goes against God's Word (for example, they turn around and make fun of somebody when Eph. 4:29 says, "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.")

I'm saying that Christians need to live by God's Word and stop condemning sinners in their sin and start loving them out of it.

Do you see where I'm coming from??

stina_ar

vessell11, I wish with all my heart that there were more Christians who see it from your point of view.

If there are, I'd be much obliged to meet them.

philgoodallday

I see your point vessell11.  I hope you see mine too.  I don't know how you show disapproval without seeming to condemn sin.  There are no good answers to religious questions.  We can't question the unquestionable.

Chief_Osceola™

"Judge not lest ye be judged..."

LOL at people completely misinterpreting the verse and then using it out of context.

I will say this - we are to 'judge' ourselves - that is to say we see and recognize our own sins, and ask forgiveness for them.  In the same way, we are to 'judge' our neighbors, recognizing their sin and understanding the need to minister to them so that they can seek the same forgiveness.  In short - it's ok to 'judge' people, but then what follows is what I believe Jesus was talking about - we can either minister with a spirit of love to people with a need, or we can condemn them.  The latter is what I think he was warning against.

stina_ar

Quote from: Nolefan_11 on November 17, 2006, 12:39:27 pm

LOL at people completely misinterpreting the verse and then using it out of context.

I will say this - we are to 'judge' ourselves - that is to say we see and recognize our own sins, and ask forgiveness for them.  In the same way, we are to 'judge' our neighbors, recognizing their sin and understanding the need to minister to them so that they can seek the same forgiveness.  In short - it's ok to 'judge' people, but then what follows is what I believe Jesus was talking about - we can either minister with a spirit of love to people with a need, or we can condemn them.  The latter is what I think he was warning against.

If Christians are allowed to misquote Biblical text and use it out of context, then I, as an atheist, should also be allowed the same excercise of freedom.

;D

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: bobcat_fan on November 17, 2006, 12:41:24 pm
Quote from: Nolefan_11 on November 17, 2006, 12:39:27 pm

If Christians are allowed to misquote Biblical text and use it out of context, then I, as an atheist, should also be allowed the same excercise of freedom.

;D

I didn't direct that toward you - that verse always ends up in any spiritual debate, and it has shown up a lot in this thread.  Christians and non-Christians are equal offenders in misinterpreting it.

philgoodallday

I'm sure God is glad we are all argueing over how to interpret The Bible.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: philgoodallday on November 17, 2006, 01:29:20 pm
I'm sure God is glad we are all argueing over how to interpret The Bible.

Better to debate and try and reconcile what the correct interpretation is rather than blindly misinterpret it.

WCD

[[/quote]
[/quote]

good Lord...(hehe)

You bible-thumpers need to wake up and realize that in your preaching you, yourselves are going against what God wants. You're judging others.

If a person is going to kill himself/herself, should I attempt to intervene and help prevent this? I say yes. If a person is living in sin and will not enter Heaven should I try to talk to that person and show him/her God's word? I say yes! The Bible in James 5: 19-20 is clear that 19 My brothers and sisters, suppose one of you wanders away from the truth and someone brings you back. 20 Then here is what I want everyone to remember. Anyone who turns a sinner from going down the wrong path will save him from death. God will erase many sins by forgiving him. Also, James 4:17 says, 17Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

You seem to take offense at trying to bring God's word to a sinner. Yes, I am a sinner too but saved by God's grace. But I don't continue in my sins deliberately. I have put off the old flesh and put on the new flesh. I am not judging this person; that's not my job. BUT my job is to share with him/her God's word.
You people twist the bible to fit what you live and it's WRONG! Do you think God would be happy that you're twisting his words to slander someone because they're different? Is that better then homosexuality.

What have I twisted? The scriptures are God breathed. If you can show me where I have twisted God's word, please show me. As for slander, you should look up the definition. If you speak the truth about a person's actual state of being and it is truth, that is not slander.

BTW..you Christians should know your bible before you skew it's message around. In Leviticus it says "If a man shall lie with man like he lays with woman it is an abomination" (not a direct quote but tell me where I went wrong). Now, please direct me to the part of the Bible where it states you must reject any good intentioned contact with homosexuals.

In 1 Corinthians 6:9 Paul writes, 9 Don't you know that evil people will not receive God's kingdom? Don't be fooled. Those who commit sexual sins will not receive the kingdom. Neither will those who worship statues of gods or commit adultery. Neither will men who are prostitutes or who commit homosexual acts.  God's word is specific and clear. Should we not tell these who are praticing homosexuality about what God say? I say yes!

Yeah, homosexuals sined. But everyone of you who said the word "queers" in this thread did too. You're not perfect. Stop pretending you are.

Let me perfectly clear as Paul said "I am the chiefest of sinners" and I am right there with Paul. Romans 3:23 says,  23f or all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. I make no statement more than that. But, I have a Savior and He wants me to (humbly) tell the Good News of His Kingdom. To me that is a good thing and something to continue to do. If you consider that "Bible Thumping" then consider me as part of that crowd. I do so proudly. 26If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. Luke 9:26

[my disclaimer:WCD not all of this post was directed at you] I appreciate that! lol ;) :)

WCD ;D
[/quote]

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas