• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saw It For The First Time Today

Started by -Painted Fan-, June 16, 2006, 06:29:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

I'm driving through Fort Smith on my way home.  I pull up to a red light and notice the SUV in front of me has a bumper sticker in their back window.  It said:

HILLARY

God forbid!

The_reality_is...

panther_pride

The_reality_is...

When I said it could be worse, I meant it could say

"Huckabee in 2008"

Super Scrapper

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on June 16, 2006, 06:29:39 pm
I'm driving through Fort Smith on my way home. I pull up to a red light and notice the SUV in front of me has a bumper sticker in their back window. It said:

HILLARY

God forbid!

I've told you for a long time, if she runs she will win.  Who will beat her?  No one!  Everyone that would have a legit chance has already said, NO THANKS.  Expect to see Bill as 1st Gentleman!  Won't that be a Hoot!  SS

Go Scrappers

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: The_reality_is... on June 16, 2006, 08:16:48 pm

"Huckabee in 2008"

Good point.  Although I don't know which would be worse.  I'm not really a Huckebee fan anymore (for reasons I won't get into), and I loathe Hillary, so I would probably end up wasting my vote on a third-party candidate.

Father Guido

Quote from: Drew Weatherford on June 16, 2006, 09:19:37 pm

"Huckabee in 2008"

Good point. Although I don't know which would be worse. I'm not really a Huckebee fan anymore (for reasons I won't get into), and I loathe Hillary, so I would probably end up wasting my vote on a third-party candidate.

I'm afraid I'd be right there with ya on that wasted vote.  Who knows, there might be enough wasted votes to elect a third party candidate.

RD™

monster_island

Quote from: Drew Weatherford on June 16, 2006, 09:19:37 pm

"Huckabee in 2008"

The only way to waste a vote is by not voting. Even a third-party vote shows that you cared enough to vote.

Good point. Although I don't know which would be worse. I'm not really a Huckebee fan anymore (for reasons I won't get into), and I loathe Hillary, so I would probably end up wasting my vote on a third-party candidate.

Super Scrapper

Quote from: RD™ on June 16, 2006, 09:49:44 pm
Vote For RD in 2008

Get on the ballot and I will not only vote for ya, I'll help campaign for ya too!  Heck, all of FF will help!  We know what we got with you.  We won't discuss what that is, but at least we are familiar with it.  SS

Go Scrappers

SandLizard04

"Huckabee in 2008"
Why no love for Huck, CT?

Uncle Ivan

Vote For RD in 2008

You ain't old enough. 

Although I'd vote for you if you promised to nuke Asstin Texas.

SandLizard04

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 16, 2006, 11:09:47 pm
Vote For RD in 2008

You ain't old enough.

Although I'd vote for you if you promised to nuke Asstin Texas.
I'd vote for anyone in the world who could deliver on that promise.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Super Scrapper on June 16, 2006, 09:10:48 pmWho will beat her?  No one!

Ain't gonna happen.  Think Bush is polarizing?  Wait till she runs.  People would come out of the woodwork to vote against her.

I'd vote for the Antichrist before I'd vote for Hitlery, but that's a rather ironic statement.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Michael Ballack on June 16, 2006, 11:11:05 pm

I'd vote for anyone in the world who could deliver on that promise.

Read the book Rammer Jammer Yellowhammer by Warren St. John.

In it, there's mention of a Bammar fan who asked a Navy general who had nukes under his control, "how much it would cost to nuke Auburn."

SandLizard04

Love that book. My favorite line is the part when the dude is talking about I-40 between Memphis and Little Rock...."That road is a sonofaBITCH. It'll kill ya everytime."

Or when the guy is in the gas station with all the Tinner orange and just shakes his head and says, "Disgusting, ain't it?"

Me, RHS, and SMC read that in the little campout we had at the cabin at Heber during BCS Week. That and "The Undefeated."

Kirk, we need to have more of those. Maybe expand it out to include all the old guard sometime.

rabs_fan4life

Vote For RD in 2008

I wish you could...I'd vote for you in a heartbeat!  I'm right there with Super Scrapper....I'd help you campagin as well!  Best candidate I've heard of yet!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Michael Ballack on June 16, 2006, 11:26:39 pm
Love that book. My favorite line is the part when the dude is talking about I-40 between Memphis and Little Rock...."That road is a sonofaBITCH. It'll kill ya everytime."

Or when the guy is in the gas station with all the Tinner orange and just shakes his head and says, "Disgusting, ain't it?"

Me, RHS, and SMC read that in the little campout we had at the cabin at Heber during BCS Week. That and "The Undefeated."

Kirk, we need to have more of those. Maybe expand it out to include all the old guard sometime.

My favorite line:

"He may have a halo in that painting, but there were horns on his head when he was fricking that secretary."

I may have to recreate that drink called Gator Come.  Nutmeg-spiced shooter.

SandLizard04

That book has inspired me to make a road trip to Oxford when UCA plays there in a few years.

As if I needed any inspiration before.

Uncle Ivan

June 16, 2006, 11:52:59 pm #19 Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 11:54:35 pm by Uncle Ivan
I'm in Oxford twice a year or so.  Love it.

St. John's not kidding about the Grove.  They really do have recliners, china, tables, the works.  It's a sight.  Nice folks.  You don't have to bring anything, if you're an opposing fan, they'll take care of you.  Free food, booze, everything.  They never lose a party.

He's not kidding about the women, either.  I fall in love about a hundred times every time I go to Ole Miss.  That place is ridiculously stocked.

RD™

Uncle Ivan

It sure isn't.

Now Starkville, on the other hand...

SandLizard04

Miss America training ground, I believe you once called it.

hsu1

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on June 16, 2006, 06:29:39 pm
I'm driving through Fort Smith on my way home. I pull up to a red light and notice the SUV in front of me has a bumper sticker in their back window. It said:

HILLARY

God forbid!

well they'll have to get a new sticker when she chooses a running mate.  i can see it now
hillary/satan

RD™

I'll move to Canda if that pud is elected.

Uncle Ivan

I won't, but if you think Bush is catching unjustified heck, if she's elected, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

-Painted Fan-

Actually, I predicted this about a year ago.  I think Barack Obama will be Hitlery's running mate.  He's a Senator from Illinois.

My whole point in all of this is:
If you think Bush is bad, you're in for a treat if Hillary is elected.  It doesn't matter what Party you favor.  She's about as far left as you can get.  Gay Marriage, Abortion, Taxes, World Affairs, gas prices, etc. will all seem like an afterthought in her reign as Queen Of America.
We would all pray for Armageddon.  That or an assassination.

The_reality_is...

"We would all pray for Armageddon.  That or an assassination"

hmm...seems 66% of the country wants that now

hsu1

maybe having hillary would be the only way for you to appreciate bush.  god forbid.  higher taxes to support a massive increase in welfare, no video games, protien powder costing 100 bucks a lb., national holiday for gay day (although i would enjoy another day off from work and school), and spanish is declared the national language through a new tolerance bill.

The_reality_is...

Hmm....and I figured Bush would make you appreciate Clinton.

hsu1

The_reality_is...

So is Bush's domestic programs

*laughs like a nerd*

Father Guido

I don't think America is ready for a Woman president.  I mean a GOOD woman president, much less Hillary.  I definitely don't think Hillary will get elected.  If you Republicans have learned anything, (which is questionable), it should be that America, (66%) is tired of "extreme" , "exclusionary" politics.  Either way.  I think Hillary and her supporters would be just as Extreme and exclusionary in the opposite direction that we have now, and I don't think the American public will stand for that either.

Uncle Ivan

We don't have "extreme and exclusionary" folks in charge now.

I wish we could, so Bush could quit applepolishing Vincente Fox and the illegals.

hsu1

Quote from: The_reality_is... on June 17, 2006, 05:43:05 pm
So is Bush's domestic programs

*laughs like a nerd*
or clinton's (nonexistant) fight against terrorism.  give examples of bush's domestic policies.

Uncle Ivan

Slick Willie still has blood on his hands from 9-11. 

hsu1

msubulldogs21

Quote from: RD™ on June 16, 2006, 11:55:16 pm
Yes Oxford isn't a bad town.

That can be debated.  ;)

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 16, 2006, 11:56:22 pm
It sure isn't.

Hey now, you said you haven't been back for a few years and there's been a lot done since then. Maybe you should go back sometime and check it all out.  ;D

rabs_fan4life

Quote from: msubulldogs21 on June 17, 2006, 06:49:25 pm
Quote from: RD™ on June 16, 2006, 11:55:16 pm
Yes Oxford isn't a bad town.

That can be debated.  ;)

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 16, 2006, 11:56:22 pm
It sure isn't.

Hey now, you said you haven't been back for a few years and there's been a lot done since then. Maybe you should go back sometime and check it all out.  ;D
Darlin ya know I have much love for ya but I think your chances of convincing any of us round these parts taht Starkville *or any where else in that state* is God's country and the best place on earth, is dang near impossible! 

twosportchamps

Bush has several thousands of kids blood on his.

The_reality_is...

Bush's bad domestic plans:

Cutting 35% of Pell Grants

Cutting Farm Subsidies

$100 Million dollars not included in the budget that goes straight to the milatary budget, which was approved...(sad)

Cutting Millions from Preservement Taxes

Taking all the money from these(and other cuts) and, instead of spreading it out to other programs, say, Social Security, and putting them in two and only two departments.....Milatary and Homeland Security.

And we wonder why our economy is so bad.....this was all in his Proposed budget plan. And..it was approved.

hsu1

bush passed a bill inreasing pell grants by something like 500 bucks so i don't know where you're getting that.
the farm subsidies was a result of wto but a lot of that was offset by tax cuts.  the military budget.......well you can blame both sides for that if it got passed but we are at war.  i guess also it depends on your ideology which is probably why it doesn't bother me much.  our economy isn't bad.  our gdp is on a steady increase and unemployment on a steady decline despite the fact that bush inherited a economy going into recession and then had 9/11. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: twosportchamps on June 17, 2006, 11:24:55 pm
Bush has several thousands of kids blood on his.

It all belongs to Muslim terrorists, though.

Although I wouldn't put it past a lib to moron about offing terrorists...

Uncle Ivan

June 18, 2006, 06:23:52 am #45 Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 06:25:53 am by Uncle Ivan
Quote from: The_reality_is... on June 18, 2006, 12:11:16 am
Bush's bad domestic plans:

Cutting 35% of Pell Grants

Cutting Farm Subsidies

$100 Million dollars not included in the budget that goes straight to the milatary budget, which was approved...(sad)

Cutting Millions from Preservement Taxes

Taking all the money from these(and other cuts) and, instead of spreading it out to other programs, say, Social Security, and putting them in two and only two departments.....Milatary and Homeland Security.

And we wonder why our economy is so bad.....this was all in his Proposed budget plan. And..it was approved.

- Pell Grants needed to be cut.  There's a slew of people who run the old scam of signing up for classes and dropping out when they get their Pell checks. 

- Farm subsidies needed to be cut, and still need to be cut some more.  I tire of seeing farmers who claim to be starving that drive a new truck every year, live in fancy houses, and buy their daughters nice cars that are registered as farm vehicles, even though they never see a gravel road.  Many farmers have a real scam going on, and all they're doing is lining their pockets by sucking off the public teat.  It's rampant over here.  A lot of farmers are nothing more than glorified welfare recipients that don't lift a finger in their profession besides driving a tractor some, and directing traffic from behind a windshield.  They're not real farmers.  We've got one of those types running for the state House in my area right now.

- "Preservemant" taxes...any tax that gets cut is a good thing.  Period.

- Social Security is the greatest Ponzi scheme in history.  Throwing more funds at it will not help, only an overhaul will.  Military and HS always need the money.

What's to gripe about?  There's nothing wrong with what Bush has done that you've mentioned.

The_reality_is...

Yeah, well, WE farm, and WE are feeling the results from this crappy economic plan.

What do YOU do?

We live in West Ark, but go over to those Rice Farmers in East Ark. and see how many fngers they lift. I don't know one person who buys their daughter a Mustang and calls it a farm car. Any insurance agent that falls for that needs to be fired. You see, here is the problem: Bush claims to be a peoples president, yet he couldn't give a S*it about you. Do you have millions of dollars to donate to him/his ivestors companies? NO? Then why are you talking to him. I am a farmers son, trying to go to college, and thanks to Pell Grants and Farm Subsidies being cut, it just got a little bit harder. Considering Bush spent the first 2/3 of his first term on a Ranch playing cowboy, I wouldn't expect him to know what work is. And since he is such a F*cking idiot, I wouldn't expect him to understand what a good education is.(And don't give me that "He went to Yale" crap...his dad got him in, and his money got him through.)

Keep cutting preservment tax, and you won't have anywhere to go hunting, Mr. Manly Man.

Social Security needs reform, yes, but you won't complain about it when your 65, with a bad back, and can't work, and getting your food and meds money in the mail.

Going back to your first two comments, you mention all of these people who steal money, rather from Pell Grants or Farm Subsidies....have you, umm, SEEN it, or is this just here-say?

twosportchamps

any tax that is cut is good, are you really that big of an idiot? The reason taxes are so high is the spending, and your great W has spent more than anyone. But your probably to much of a puppet to realize that. And believe me it is both sides, why would they care how they spend our money as long as it keeps there base happy. And you idiots buy into it.

hsu1

taxes aren't high.......they were high under clinton who raised them and high under carter.  bush put in tax cuts for those who don't pay attention to the news.

The_reality_is...

Yeah, you're right, Taxes where higher under clinton, for the upper half of the economy. And please, don't give me that "Democrats think YOU'RE rich" arguement. Taxes were lower during his term than they are now. BUT....this arguement is not about Clinton. Its not about Carter. It'sabout Bush's economic plan, at the moment, which was passed by Congress, and is the reason so many people are in poverty.

BTW, I think Carter was one of the top five WORST Presidents in History. He is a good guy, just not a good president.

In regards to twosportschamp: Please, stop calling people Puppets. Please......:)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas