• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harmony Grove-Best team with the worst talent?

Started by Mulerider4Life, October 23, 2018, 10:43:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulerider4Life

I know everyone was down on Harmony Grove this year with them being in 4A for the first time. It looks like they will be fighting for a playoff spot if they beat Fountain Lake. Thoughts on Harmony Grove?

i40traveler

Very impressed.  Did not see this type of season coming for them.  Hats off to coaches and players for making it a successful year

AirWarren

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on October 23, 2018, 10:43:58 am
I know everyone was down on Harmony Grove this year with them being in 4A for the first time. It looks like they will be fighting for a playoff spot if they beat Fountain Lake. Thoughts on Harmony Grove?

1. Participation.
2. Type of offense they are running.
3.  School choice additions.
4.  Excitement around the Haskell area.
5. Some may disagree, but the 7 doesn't seem like they are as stout as their "media day" hype made it out to be. Strong but not unbeatable.

Bryant, Benton, Haskell and Bauxite are having amazing years. Not sure Saline county has ever buzzed this much about their 4 football teams.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: AirWarren on October 23, 2018, 10:51:48 am
1. Participation.
5. Some may disagree, but the 7 doesn't seem like they are as stout as their "media day" hype made it out to be. Strong but not unbeatable.

Bryant, Benton, Haskell and Bauxite are having amazing years. Not sure Saline county has ever buzzed this much about their 4 football teams.

#3 is a big part of it. If you only had kids in the district, you may would lose every game. These Benton/Bryant/Glen Rose transfers are helping. Also it is a very simple offense, and im sure they practice the heck out of it. Just hope to continue to toughen those boys up and not get plagued by injurys.

RabAlumni

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on October 23, 2018, 10:54:21 am
#3 is a big part of it. If you only had kids in the district, you may would lose every game. These Benton/Bryant/Glen Rose transfers are helping. Also it is a very simple offense, and im sure they practice the heck out of it. Just hope to continue to toughen those boys up and not get plagued by injurys.

You forgot one very important aspect.... Coaching!    Coach Guthrie is an outstanding football coach. I myself played Defense under him when he was the DC at Lonoke. He is a no-nonsense coach who gives respect, but also demands it. He creates Beast in the weight room, has players well conditioned, and doesn't care who your mommy or daddy are. He instills winning as a mindset, point blank!

scrapman

1. Participation.

I think the "media day" talked about a bunch of teams that had a chance to win any given Friday night. When people talk about the 7-4A and how strong it is that is what you get. You don't see that in every conference. Is the best team in the state from the 7 ??? Not sure. It was last year. But this year has proven that any team can win on a given night. Lots of other conferences have several for sure wins on their schedule. Not many in the 7-4A.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 23, 2018, 12:06:01 pm

You forgot one very important aspect.... Coaching!    Coach Guthrie is an outstanding football coach. I myself played Defense under him when he was the DC at Lonoke. He is a no-nonsense coach who gives respect, but also demands it. He creates Beast in the weight room, has players well conditioned, and doesn't care who your mommy or daddy are. He instills winning as a mindset, point blank!

Wow, I hope i could meet him one day. Sounds like a great guest speaker!

noonerricky

1. Participation.

My friend it's been a while since saline county had this much hype about it's football teams. All have a chance to make a decent run in playoffs but in class 4A if you're not winning region 7 it's gonna be a very tough road

Redskin2015

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 23, 2018, 12:06:01 pm

Huh Guthrie wonder if I have any relation to him

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas