• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It'll be here soon. Early season top 10 boys

Started by Moonshiner, August 19, 2017, 09:03:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lineman76

Home grown talent 😂😂😂 I don't know if any of the state champs from the past few years won with all home grown talent.

Hero of Twin Groves

All of our kids have a connection to guy. May not go here k-12 but are not just "brought in" their senior year.

Hero of Twin Groves

Ballard lived in greenbrier his dad went to elementary school at guy. Tipton played summer ball with kids from guy. His mother also used to work in the cafeteria there.

Central Ark

I think Valencourt drove through guy once. Plenty of connections

BannerMountainMan

So if I wanted to start an AAU team and get a bunch of kids from other schools to play with me that will make it acceptable for them to move to my school?

Hero of Twin Groves

Banner, I guess you are just going to ignore the other stronger connections these STUDENT athletes have to this great school.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on September 16, 2017, 09:29:05 pm
We are a lot more than hutch. Yes he is great, but all of our home grown talent will carry the program.

Home grown lol. That's a good one. 

NEABallftw

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on September 16, 2017, 09:29:05 pm
We are a lot more than hutch. Yes he is great, but all of our home grown talent will carry the program.

That's almost cute, that you think Hutch isn't the reason you get 4 or 5 illegal move ins every year.  Let's be honest GP has been doing some shady business for years.  The best player to actually come out of GP in recent years was Denell Henderson.

thebigman3

Quote from: JagHog on September 18, 2017, 09:29:21 am
That's almost cute, that you think Hutch isn't the reason you get 4 or 5 illegal move ins every year.  Let's be honest GP has been doing some shady business for years.  The best player to actually come out of GP in recent years was Denell Henderson.
If it is so illegal, then why is it that every time we get turned in they don't find anything? I mean any team that has great talent will always have theories made up of how they got so great. Not only in high school basketball, but any other sport. The NFL thinks Bill and Tom stole a playbook and deflated balls? I mean cmon. And y'all are going to sit here and say what Guy is doing is illegal or shady? All of our players live within the district ad have the grades. Just accept the fact that kids want to play for Guy because he wins, and he doesn't get onto a kid for taking a shot.

NEABallftw

Hutch is a mainstay in that community and has plenty of false addresses to share with AAA, i mean heck he owns an auction house in Guy.  Hutch is a pillar in that community anybody would be willing to give up their address for an all star player.... Dirty business

Hero of Twin Groves

Exactly we make sure they have a address and have the grades to play. We do everything by the book. That's why we have never been busted for anything "shady".

JimmyChitwood

Hutch must own a row of dupexes behind the school

Hero of Twin Groves

JimmyChitwood

I respect the sucess. There have been talented teams that didn't win it all because of coaching. Hutch is a good basketball coach. But team that with more talent than a small school normally has and you just win a little more than normal. I do think he is a great coach.

Hero of Twin Groves

He's the best there is. Boys, girls, circus clowns he can flat out coach em up.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on September 18, 2017, 06:57:21 pm
I respect the sucess. There have been talented teams that didn't win it all because of coaching. Hutch is a good basketball coach. But team that with more talent than a small school normally has and you just win a little more than normal. I do think he is a great coach.

No you don't think that.

JimmyChitwood

I do think that. If Shane Davis was coaching Guy with the same players last season they don't win the title.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on September 18, 2017, 10:10:03 pm
I do think that. If Shane Davis was coaching Guy with the same players last season they don't win the title.
he wouldn't be though 😂 Ballard would still be at Greenbrier and ain't no telling where Hutch's grandson would be

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 18, 2017, 10:14:53 pm
he wouldn't be though 😂 Ballard would still be at Greenbrier and ain't no telling where Hutch's grandson would be
Study hall most likely

riccoar

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on September 18, 2017, 10:10:03 pm
If Davis was coaching that team they would have never made regionals.

thebigman3

Quote from: riccoar on September 19, 2017, 09:34:13 am
If Davis was coaching that team they would have never made regionals.
I don't even know who Shane Davis is?..

Bigleague

The coach at Westside.  I don't really know him either but I haven't heard anything good about coaching there.  Must be a rough place to be.

thebigman3

Quote from: Bigleague on September 21, 2017, 10:17:11 am
The coach at Westside.  I don't really know him either but I haven't heard anything good about coaching there.  Must be a rough place to be.
Oh... Yeah, I've always thought they got a huge gym to never be anything but decent.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on September 21, 2017, 10:27:07 am
Oh... Yeah, I've always thought they got a huge gym to never be anything but decent.

They like hosting regional tournaments....that they aren't in?

JimmyChitwood

Well they were pretty good when Logan Bailey and Ben Hargrove were playing for Benny

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on September 21, 2017, 03:44:26 pm
Well they were pretty good when Logan Bailey and Ben Hargrove were playing for Benny
its just sad that they were shadowed by Concord those years

SackAttack

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on September 21, 2017, 03:44:26 pm
Benny?? Benny Brown coached at westside? I thought he had only been at that all girls school in Morrton and at Shirley

JimmyChitwood

Coached for a short period of time at West Side because they had loads of talent with Bailey Hargrove and Hipp

BannerMountainMan

I know that sacks just playing with us😂😂 Keith and benny are different people

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 21, 2017, 02:45:27 pm
They like hosting regional tournaments....that they aren't in?
Reginionals? okay? I like they're gym. But just cause they make regionals doesn't mean they still aren't decent... when they make It past the 1rst or second round of State. call me. cmon now. Just cause you make it to regionals don't mean your a state Contender.

Central Ark

That says hosting regionals they aren't in. He didn't say anything about them making regionals and being successful

thebigman3

But the question mark makes it seem like why would they host regionals if they wasn't any good. That's what I thought he meant by it.

Central Ark

HorseFeathers

I may have read the post I quoted wrong..... I took it to mean why build such a big gym if your never gonna be any good...my bad guys

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 22, 2017, 02:05:00 pm
I may have read the post I quoted wrong..... I took it to mean why build such a big gym if your never gonna be any good...my bad guys
well they were really good the first few years after the made the gym, I guess they thought the trend would continue...I guess not

thebigman3

Where's the eagle fans at?😂 Surprised they're not on here saying they still are good and will beat anyone 1-7a😂

ballmember

Too many cooks usually spoil the stew!!!  Stew been spoiled a long time ago at westside.   Cooks are some of the board members; lots of moms and dads of players; and ...........................

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas