• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 - 2A

Started by ab24, September 19, 2014, 09:21:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ridgerunner14

December 29, 2014, 08:33:28 pm #100 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:30:51 pm by ridgerunner14
gdfytf   

BoxNOne

Tuckerman,Riverside and Salem were the only 2A schools in the upper division. The rest were in the lower.

Ctucker

WCC senior boys lost to Forsyth Missouri don't no final WCC lead most of game. Now 20-2 and 6-0 in conference.

NoPlace2

1-6-15
Salem Boys over Midland 61-57 OT
Salem Girls over Midland  not sure of final score but was by 30

ridgerunner14

January 07, 2015, 07:20:14 pm #104 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:29:39 pm by ridgerunner14
ttur

BoxNOne

If they finish in the #1 and #2 spots in district, Tuckerman and Salem will both have excellent chance to move on. 2A-3 is not as strong as usual after Marmaduke.

NEAscout100

Sloan and Salem tomorrow at Sloan who defends home court well. 8-0 there this year, who yall got for this one?

NoPlace2

Salem Boys will have to play extremely well to win - something they haven't been able to do yet this year. They play well in short bursts - 2 to 4 min at a time and then just seem to lose it completely - thus  their 1-10 record (overall) 1-5 (conf.- I think) They are capable but it just hasn't happened yet.

Salem Girls are pretty Good - had a poor game last night and couldn't get anything to drop against ICC - they are very competitive against anyone in the conference though!

Ballfan1

Salem girls have done well in conference, I think their only loss was to Tuckerman.

pootnscoot

Sloan boys and Salem girls by double figures.

NoPlace2

Salem Boys lose 49 - 30 to Sloan
Salem Girls win 48 -35

Salem Girls had another poor shooting night - really wasn't a close game

It didn't really determine the outcome of either game but I gotta say the Refs are pathetic no matter where you play this year - not poor - PATHETIC!

NEAscout100

Sloan has a very tough week coming up, WCC Tuesday night as Walnut Rdge Friday night. Both games at Sloan gonna be some good matchups I would recommend watching both of these games

NoPlace2

Salem Girls had another poor shooting night tonight but beat Midland 44-38.
Salem Boys lost to Midland 71-57.

Silky Johnson

Does WCC have everyone? Their maxpreps had that MVE beat them by 5 and Augusta beat them by 20 recently.

Ctucker

We have every one just not playing well. But the Augusta they played As good as I ever seen them they was unselfish and went to big boy a lot. We came back and beat Sloan by 11 at there place I think coach has there full attention now.

Ctucker

WCC senior boys 72 Salem 28 tonight at Salem.

Basketball fan12

Anyone know the score of Sloan and Walnut boys?

Catfan89

Quote from: Basketball fan12 on January 16, 2015, 09:50:53 pm
Anyone know the score of Sloan and Walnut boys?
WR 50 Sloan 49

Ctucker

WCC senior boys 68 midland 30. Garret Horten had 4 slams.wcc senior girls won too they got there first conference win.

ridgerunner14

January 21, 2015, 06:47:07 am #119 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:28:29 pm by ridgerunner14
tuy

Ballfan1

Tuckerman girls won 64-49, boys won 57-56. Officials were horrible to both sides. Worse I have seen all season, hope we don't see them again!

pootnscoot

The officiating at Tuckerman last night  was pathetic. I felt bad for both teams trying to figure out what was going to be called or uncalled. Never seen that crew before and hopefully never will again.

Baller_34

Salem has got to be one of the worst teams I've seen in a long time!!!

ridgerunner14

January 21, 2015, 02:51:03 pm #123 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:26:20 pm by ridgerunner14
y

NoPlace2

Salem Girls do have a pretty good team - 11-4, 9-1 in conference. Boys are a diff story - can't handle the ball at all and defense isn't good either. Coach doesn't play them to their strengths. They have a few good ball handlers but he doesn't use them when he should and they have some good shooters but pass up shots to try to go inside and lose it passing. Very frustrating - they'll be lucky to win a game rest of year - to their credit they have lost 5 games by 7 pts or less but been blown out the others. If they'd change their style of play they'd do better but I don't see that happening this year.

Baller_34

I just seen them play last week and it was very ugly. No place said it perfectly, they don't look like they have any fundamentals at all. The girls did look pretty decent though.

Ctucker

WCC has pangburn at home tonight currently WCC is 23-5 and 9-0 in conference starting too look good again, like they did early in season.

ridgerunner14

January 23, 2015, 07:54:28 pm #127 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:21:16 pm by ridgerunner14
k

Ctucker

WCC senior boys 71 pangburn 40.wcc girls also won can't remember score.

dawgs

Tuckerman Senior boys won, probably around 5-6
Tuckerman senior girls won by 12-15 I think it was never close Tuckerman was always in control of this one

ridgerunner14

January 23, 2015, 10:39:51 pm #130 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:18:35 pm by ridgerunner14
n

ridgerunner14

January 23, 2015, 10:53:00 pm #131 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:17:58 pm by ridgerunner14
k

NoPlace2

Watched my first game in Tuckerman tonight. Have to say that they only reason I would ever go back there is to support my son and his team. Fortunately I'll be doing that only a couple more times. There is not one single U.S. Flag in that Gym. Only game I have gone to in the conference or anywhere else this year that did not play the Star Spangled Banner. No player intros. If you have been there before you notice right off that 3/4 of the seating if very nice and quite largely marked "HOME" with a small section of bench seating at the very end marked "Visitors". They really know how to welcome you!

If I were a Tuckerman fan I would be totally embarrased for my kids for how the refs took charge and were making sure that no way would Tuckerman lose. Tuckerman's Senior Girls had "No Fouls" - (that's "Zero") called on them in the first half. Very few the second half - not sure on the count but they didn't come anywhere near penalty. They beat Salem 55 - 40. In the Sr Boys game Tucker man had 4 fouls called on them in the first half and we shot one Free Throw to their 13. Tuckerman had "No Fouls" in the 3rd Quarter and 4 in the Fourth. They shot 29 Free Throws for the Game to our 5. Tuckerman beat Salem 59-47.  Salem would be down by 12 to 14 and came back several times to within 4 But it was obvious there was no way the refs were going to let them lose that game. It was so blatant it made you sick.

Now, I'll be the first to say that Tuckerman's boys have a better team than Salem. I do think that had the game been called properly or normally we could have very well beaten them tonight. That obviously was not going to happen. Neither of Tuckerman's Teams will make it out of Regionals - they'll get there for sure because Districts are being played in Tuckerman. If Bulldog Fans are proud of winning that way then so be it - good luck to you!

When we come back for Districts at the very least Please display a Flag and play our National Anthem.

ridgerunner14

January 24, 2015, 10:38:19 am #133 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:14:27 pm by ridgerunner14
k

NoPlace2

I don't recall anything that looked renovation there but I may have not been paying attention. They did have a sound system that worked fine 'cause they played hip hop between games. All their banners were hung in the gym so I don't think it would have been a problem to hang a flag - just an observation on my part that I found it very unusual to have no National Anthem and no player intros - been to all the Conference Games & Schools this yr and only place that happened was Tuckerman.

ridgerunner14

January 24, 2015, 11:06:19 am #135 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:14:48 pm by ridgerunner14
k

NoPlace2

Yeah, the boards did look very clean & new - the whole place was pretty clean and although small due to only one side seating (basically) I think the Gym is quite adequate. I've been to baseball games there and think they prob have one of the best baseball fields and seating I've seen. I'm not going to call them - if the don't want the Anthem that's their choice I was just pointing that out and quite frankly just finding anything to vent about because the absolutely horrid officiating during our two Sr Games. It really was a complete farce. I've been participating, watching & following Basketball for well over 50 yrs and I've never seen a High school team that could play a Quarter or a Half - 8 to 16 minutes - and not commit a foul.   

NoPlace2

Don't misunderstand me here please - I understand that an official is going to miss fouls and make some calls that probably shouldn't be made during a game. That's the nature of a fast paced game like this, especially on the High School level. But, those calls - non calls should probably pretty much even out and be fairly consistant throughout a game. In a fairly fast paced game that seldom gets beyond a 6 or 7 point spread and is tied at several points something is wrong if one team shoots 29 free throws and the other 5. We had one other game like that this year - was actually worse - in Mammoth Spring - they shot 47 free throws to our 6 and we lost by 5. I'm not one to blame wins or losses on the officials, and even though I'll complain about a call here and there, I've got to say that the games I've seen this year have had the worst officiating I've ever seen. I've seen that statement made by many on all of the Forums here. I just don't understand that. If indeed Officials are trying to help determine the outcome of a game they certainly aren't doing the kids any favors - those kids will get use to that type treatment and will be in a mess when they play somewhere and don't get it.

ridgerunner14

January 24, 2015, 07:32:14 pm #138 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:15:05 pm by ridgerunner14
j

NoPlace2

There is probably some truth to your take on Officials retiring, moving on, etc. and I agree there are some good refs. I would hope many more than bad and I'm pretty sure that is probably the case. As I've said before, Refs are just people and they are not perfect and will make mistakes – and as long as they are consistant that will most times pretty much even out over the course of a game. I can handle a bad call every now and then even when it goes against the team or individual I'm rooting for. But something is not right when it becomes way too lopsided. We have had two games this year where it was way too lopsided and I've been told by several people that happens quite often in those locations. I've read on these boards about this happening in other Classes in other locations also. I can't testify to that because I wasn't there. I was at the games I'm referring to that involved our Teams. I can't make the statement that it is commonplace at certain venues because I haven't been at those venues enough. All I'm saying is that if it is commonplace then that is wrong and should be looked into. The Game shouldn't be about the "Officials" at any level. From what I've seen this year I'd have to give the Officiating a pretty low grade and that needs to be corrected. I've always been a believer in "What goes Around Comes Around" and also that "the Best Team Usually prevails in the end". I do have to remind myself of that sometimes and this was one of those times – I'm done venting on this subject now. As a follower of 2A-2 Basketball I hope our Conference has a Good Tournament and our Teams do well at the Regionals.

Ctucker

WCC girls playing pretty good lost to tuckerman 43to 38. Won 2 in a row before this game beat pangburn and midland.Not bad tuckerman will win conference I think should give our girls some confidence going into district tourney.

ridgerunner14

January 27, 2015, 10:12:48 pm #141 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:15:22 pm by ridgerunner14
o

NoPlace2

Girls - Salem 47 - 41 over Sloan-Hendrix
Boys - Sloan-Hendrix 75-57 over Salem

Ctucker

Officiating is bad ever where. I was just proud of a girls there finally starting to win a few games.Wcc senior boys won.Still unbeaten in conference one game to go but it will be a tuff one got walnut ridge at there place.

Ctucker

WCC 50 walnut 38 WCC finishes conference undefeated way to go boys!

Ctucker

WCC finishes conference 10-0 I think overall is 26-5. But we have to riverveiw and cedar ridge before district.They also have Greers ferry.playinf top 5 teams in 3a and 4a should help going into tourney play.

Ctucker

I was wrong 12-0 in conference.

NoPlace2

anyone have the Pangburn - Sloan-Hendrix scores from tonight?

Tigger

Pangburn junior girls win.  Sloan senior girls win by about 10.  Pangburn senior boys win 79-76

ridgerunner14

February 03, 2015, 10:26:19 pm #149 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:15:55 pm by ridgerunner14
o

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas