• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Tournament Schedule

Started by -Painted Fan-, January 29, 2014, 05:53:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Steves68Nova

I posted this in the 2a regional thread, but thought I might get more info here.

I am hoping my nieces team Mountainburg makes it to the state tournament. Does anyone know about radio on these games? Sure would like to keep up. We are going to the Eureka Springs games, but El Dorado is a bit far for us unless the make it to the finals. Then I am going to burn up the highways. But any help on radio for these games?

BigLion10

92.7 an Ozark station. Will cary Mountainburg games don't know about streaming though

Steves68Nova

I can get it on the radio. Thanks!

Cheek

Boys first round.

CR
Hector
Blevins
England

Clarendon
BIC
Hughes
EPC

Cheek

Girls first round.

Marmaduke
England
Springhill
Magnet Cove

Brinkley
Cedar Ridge
Mountainburg
MT

jbtiger73

Definitely disagree with the hector decision,  cheek.  But I respect your opinion tho.

Cheek

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 02, 2014, 09:44:10 pm
Definitely disagree with the hector decision,  cheek.  But I respect your opinion tho.

This was a tough pick.  It can go either way, but I feel Hector is hungry.  I was impressed with Brinkleys play in the Regional.   Hector will be one of the best shooting teams Brinkley has played all year.  If they get an open look, you can count it.

MomaLion

I doubt any of the west teams have been pressed like Brinkley will press.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Cheek on March 02, 2014, 08:52:05 pm
Boys first round.

CR
Hector
Blevins
England

Clarendon
BIC
Hughes
EPC

+1 for even considering us to win a game at state...been a quite a while since we've done that....

DragonFan

What is AAA's policy regarding inclement weather and icy roads?

Elvis

Look for AAA to postponed until at least Friday. Might just cancel, and start next Tuesday.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Elvis on March 03, 2014, 09:14:34 am
Look for AAA to postponed until at least Friday. Might just cancel, and start next Tuesday.

Roads should start thawing out middle of this week. Supposed to be in the 60's for the highes I think starting wednesday or thursday....Maybe a big part will be what the teams themselves want to do....

Elvis

Yeah. I think if will be at least Wednesday before the northern schools return to school. I figure at least Tuesday & Wednesday games are scratched. Dont know how long it will take NW Ark roads to clear. ???

Lions84

Brian G

AAA will release info for all classes at noon

Steves68Nova

Quote from: Elvis on March 03, 2014, 10:10:21 am
Yeah. I think if will be at least Wednesday before the northern schools return to school. I figure at least Tuesday & Wednesday games are scratched. Dont know how long it will take NW Ark roads to clear. ???

I don't believe Mountainburg is going anywhere today. They were supposed to leave sometime today. The roads are white with sleet here this morning, but the sun is shining. The high is gonna be about 26 today, don't know if the roads will clear or not.

bigworm

AAA drops the ball again. Top of boys bracket will have one team on Tuesday with 2 days rest vs a team that plays Monday. ??  Seriously? Semi final state tournament game? Is it really that hard to figure out?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bigworm on March 06, 2014, 10:18:49 pm
AAA drops the ball again. Top of boys bracket will have one team on Tuesday with 2 days rest vs a team that plays Monday. ??  Seriously? Semi final state tournament game? Is it really that hard to figure out?

Usually there's a day of rest vs a team that's has no break?...Blame mother nature for this one...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HF on March 06, 2014, 10:20:50 pm

Usually there's a day of rest vs a team that's has no break?...Blame mother nature for this one...

Nevermind...just noticed your gripe with the schedule...I'd gripe to if it involved my team going up against Cedar Ridge with them getting 2 day break vs my having possibly upset Blevins the night before...

MomaLion

Cedar Ridge looked terrible against Dermott. A few days rest may have hurt them. Btw, don't count on them fouling out, the officials call almost nothing the first 3 periods and then start calling in the 4th.

bigworm

Quote from: HF on March 06, 2014, 10:22:13 pm
Quote from: HF on March 06, 2014, 10:20:50 pm

Nevermind...just noticed your gripe with the schedule...I'd gripe to if it involved my team going up against Cedar Ridge with them getting 2 day break vs my having possibly upset Blevins the night before...

Just seemed odd to me for there to be that much difference. But like I said after first game of reg tourney, if we don't play better than last night it won't matter. This will be Blevins problem. Our O just doesn't look very good right now. Too much dribbling and not enough passing. I didn't see it, but I hear Hector had brinkley beat and quit giving it to #12. My son said he was busting 3s left and right and they quit feeding him. 

MomaLion

Brinkley also has back to back games ending with facing Cedar Ridge so it's not just y'all. Also Brinkley is a lot like Clarendon in that they are better the 2nd half...it's usually because the other team gets tired and shuts down.

HorseFeathers

Probably didn't help hector that they aren't a run and gun team which from the sounds of it is what the east teams kind of are. . . .

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas