• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-4 East/West District and Regional Tournament Thread

Started by AB™, February 12, 2011, 01:04:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AB™

Quote from: neutralfreeroamer on February 22, 2011, 06:11:19 pm
Quote from: MacCrusty on February 21, 2011, 05:39:58 am
Quote from: Dragons14 on February 20, 2011, 03:04:08 am
Quote from: MacCrusty on February 20, 2011, 01:19:34 am
Quote from: AB™ on February 19, 2011, 10:15:10 pm
Quote from: MacCrusty on February 19, 2011, 09:37:39 pm
Lads an Lasses Aye traveled from Cedarville ta watch the Dragons blow a 16 point lead to lose by 6!

I have some very unkind words to say about the officials but I'll hold my tounge.

This sums it up perfectly...Mountainburg shot 12 FT's in the first half.  County Line played their grab, and claw, and hold man defense in both halves.  And they did so in the second half playing from behind, meaning they were playing even more aggressively on defense.  We shot 4 FT's in the second half, and it's not because they weren't fouling, or because we weren't attacking no offense.  County Line shot 17 FT's in the second half and we were playing a zone defense.  Tell me how that makes sense?

Bottom line, though, we had a 16 point lead but let County Line come out and get the momentum early in the third quarter.  Then the officials gave them even more momentum, which REALLY got the home crowd into it, and it was just too much to overcome.

Mountainburg is the best team in the district, and I will argue that until I'm blue in the face.  Nothing I saw tonight can convince me otherwise.  Mountainburg is 10-15 points better than County Line on a neutral court. 

Congrats to County Line on the district championship.

really?? I have watched ya in 3a and now in 2a an always the same. Ya lose ya got cheated you win ya overcame the refs! I watched tonight as yur post players hammered away they did. with few fouls there were inside. 3 of em there were pushin all night they were. what about when the county line player went to the floor he did and from my seat I swear the dragon player kicked his head he did. might of been a accident but to come down the floor with a smirk is to much it is. the dragon fans cheering as if they were happy when he was helped from the floor they were. this is a game it is not a war.  how many dragon players complaining to the refs they were? and not a single indian did I see say a word to a ref. could it be that the dragons were already thinking of playing danville? one game at a time lad one game at a time. what about when the awards were handed out.county line clapped for the dragons confrence champion as did I because you won and deserved it. when it was countyline turn for district champions the dragons stood there with their hands in their pockets they did! spoiled sports theyare!and one more thing if you don't like playing on someone's home court then bid it next time lad!bid it!
go!pirates!

Either learn simple gramatical techniques, use spell check, or have someone else type for you, because your posts are below a middle school education; this is a high school board! Very amusing though.

what is this? a dragon givin advice on grammer he is? one question lad. a pirate and a dragon in the 7th grade they are. who is the biggest is he? the dragon! 18 years old he is!!
MacCrusty:  Go Away.
AB and Dragons14:  Its a shame that Danville and Mountainburg are on the same side of the bracket.  Thats gonna be the game of the whole regional if both make it.

It really is, but it is what it is.  It just so happened that this year was County Line's year to host district.  If that game is played on any other court in the district, Mountainburg wins by 10+ points.  Even if you take the officiating out of the equation the fans give County Line an incredible home-court advantage. 

The worst part of a Danville/Mountainburg regional semi-final is that one of the two best teams in the region are going to end up with a three or four seed for the first round of state and a first round match-up with Augusta or Hughes. 

MacCrusty

Sorry lads going no where am I.If danville and the dragons are the best they are. how can one be a 4 can they? lose twice they would. one of the 2 best they wouldn't be.

dragons42

Geez. He is saying that they are the two are the best overall teams in the region. Just Mountainburg came up short the other night. And by "they will be a three or four seed going into state", that's how seeding works. Not by who's the best team. But by what happens in the tournament. The two teams in the regional championship get the ONE and TWO seeds. They two losing teams in the semi finals get the THREE and FOUR seeds. Pretty simple.

MSFAN2

Quote from: dragons42 on February 22, 2011, 08:12:39 pm
Geez. He is saying that they are the two are the best overall teams in the region. Just Mountainburg came up short the other night. And by "they will be a three or four seed going into state", that's how seeding works. Not by who's the best team. But by what happens in the tournament. The two teams in the regional championship get the ONE and TWO seeds. They two losing teams in the semi finals get the THREE and FOUR seeds. Pretty simple.

Actually, the two losing teams in the semi-finals have to play in a consolation game for the 3 and 4 seeds.

neutralfreeroamer

Well before i jump the gun, Mountainburg has to beat WYC (which they are capable of doing easy) and Danville has to beat Hartford. From here on out anything is possible.

AB™

Quote from: MacCrusty on February 22, 2011, 07:20:13 pm
Sorry lads going no where am I.If danville and the dragons are the best they are. how can one be a 4 can they? lose twice they would. one of the 2 best they wouldn't be.

If the loser of the Mountainburg or Danville game lose in the third place game, then I'll rethink the whole "that team is the second best team in the region".  When it gets to the end of the district and regional tournament, then by how the teams finish in those two weeks alone, yes, County Line is going to technically be one of the two best teams.  But, if the district and regional tournament were anywhere else other than County Line, I feel very strongly in saying that wouldn't be the case.

AB™

Quote from: neutralfreeroamer on February 22, 2011, 09:10:09 pm
Well before i jump the gun, Mountainburg has to beat WYC (which they are capable of doing easy) and Danville has to beat Hartford. From here on out anything is possible.

Exactly.  Neither team can overlook their first round opponent.  I watched Western Yell play last week, and they have the ability to sneak up on Mountainburg and beat them if they aren't ready.  Now, if Mountainburg comes to play, they should win by 20+.  Mountainburg can't go into the game, though, thinking they are going to coast to an easy victory. 

Hartford, IMO, is better than WYC, and should give Danville a tougher game than WYC will give Mountainburg.  Hartford's strength is their guard play.  Their point guard is quick and a good ball-handler, and they have two other players who can shoot the lights out.  They don't really have any inside game, but that shouldn't be a problem against Danville.  If Hartford shoots the three ball like they are capable of then they can Danville all they want and then some. 

MacCrusty

Quote from: AB™ on February 22, 2011, 09:43:35 pm
Quote from: MacCrusty on February 22, 2011, 07:20:13 pm

If the loser of the Mountainburg or Danville game lose in the third place game, then I'll rethink the whole "that team is the second best team in the region".  When it gets to the end of the district and regional tournament, then by how the teams finish in those two weeks alone, yes, County Line is going to technically be one of the two best teams.  But, if the district and regional tournament were anywhere else other than County Line, I feel very strongly in saying that wouldn't be the case.

lad! spit out the sour grapes! ye will get a hurtin in yur wee belly

neutralfreeroamer

I thought this was a good thread but im starting to change my mind.  >:(

AB™

I'll do my part and not talk bad about the County Line game anymore.  While the officials had a hand in them coming back, you've also got to give the team credit.  They got hot in the second half and hit some shots to get the momentum swung their way.

Right now my focus is WYC and then hopefully the winner of the Danville/Hartford game.

RATTLER43

Results?  I was at church tonight and have no idea who won the games.

Littlejohnfan65

All i know is the Danville 84  Hartford 65 in the last game of the evening. 

RATTLER43

AB™

February 23, 2011, 10:17:16 pm #113 Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 10:34:09 pm by AB™
Danville looked good.  They beat Hartford about as bad as I expected them too.  I left when Danville was up 47-24.  Hartford only has one guard that can handle the ball decently well and he doesn't have a left hand.  If they had more than one good ball-handler they could have given Danville a game.  They actually jumped out to a 14-8 lead on Danville in the first quarter before they started turning the ball over and fell apart. 

Obviously, the key to beating Danville is taking care of the ball.  I think you can score on them in the half-court.  The few times Hartford slowed it down in the half-court they got good looks at the basket.  For whatever reason, though, even when they broke the press Hartford felt like they had to get a quick shot off.

Danville's really good, though.  If Mountainburg beats WYC tomorrow night, they're going to have to play very well to beat them.

Curious, has anyone besides me seen both Danville and Mountainburg play this year?  I'd like to get another view on the two teams and how they stack-up.

Littlejohnfan65

I, too am interested in this AB.   havent seen Mountainburg.   Danville hasn't lost a game since Mena in their Christmas tourney.  Is Mountainburg big?  quick?   Should be an excellent game.  Looking forward to it. 

AB™

Quote from: Littlejohnfan65 on February 23, 2011, 10:21:10 pm
I, too am interested in this AB.   havent seen Mountainburg.   Danville hasn't lost a game since Mena in their Christmas tourney.  Is Mountainburg big?  quick?   Should be an excellent game.  Looking forward to it. 

I'm not real sure how to explain Mountainburg.  They aren't big.  Biggest player is about 6'2".  They rotate three postmen who are all right at 6'2" and five guards who go 5'6", 5'8", 5'8", 6'1", and 6'1".  They aren't as quick and athletic as Danville or Magazine, but they are the quickest and most athletic team from the conference. 

They actually remind me a little of Danville, just not as quick and athletic.  They like to get out in transition and score quick.  They don't score a whole lot inside but have one player capable of doing so.  The way Danville beat Hartford tonight reminded me a lot of how Mountainburg has beaten Hartford the last two times they played.  Hartford kind of hung around for a quarter or so, then just wore down, and Mountainburg pushed their lead up close to 20 at the half and won very comfortably.  In fact, at Hartford in the regular season, Mountainburg was on their way to a mercy rule win.  Had 51-27 lead with a few minutes to go in the third quarter, then a ref threw one of our fans out of the game, and the officiating crew spent the rest of the game taking it out on our team.  Can't be too mad at the refs, though, because our fans were complaining quite a bit even though we had a 20-25 point lead most of the 2nd and 3rd quarter.  Last week in the semi's of district we had an 18 point lead on Hartford at half, pushed it up to around 25 late in the third quarter, and sat the starters the entire fourth quarter.  Ended up winning 69-49.

wonderboys

Night 1
County Line girls big over WYC
County Line boys by 8 over JCW
Bigelow girls over Eureka, Idk a score
Danville by 19 over Hartford

AB™

Quote from: wonderboys on February 23, 2011, 10:37:31 pm
Night 1

Now, I do not know the referee situation for the regional tournament and the district tournaments.  However, I did hear County Line's best (or second best) player got his 4th foul in the third quarter and he had to sit for a long stretch.  Also heard County Line had some other players get in foul trouble.   Interestingly enough, both times we played at County Line, they never had more than one or two players get in any kind of foul trouble, despite the fact they only play six players. 

County Line is very beatable (even by "average" teams) if they get an officiating crew that won't let them play their physical hand-checking defense. 

neutralfreeroamer

Quote from: wonderboys on February 23, 2011, 10:37:31 pm
Night 1

Bigelow Girls mercy ruled.
County Line actually had a 20 point lead on JCW before they cut it to 8 in the end so its not like it was as close as it projects.

MacCrusty

Quote from: AB™ on February 23, 2011, 10:32:18 pm

I'm not real sure how to explain Mountainburg.  They aren't big.  Biggest player is about 6'2".  They rotate three postmen who are all right at 6'2" and five guards who go 5'6", 5'8", 5'8", 6'1", and 6'1".  They aren't as quick and athletic as Danville or Magazine, but they are the quickest and most athletic team from the conference. 

They actually remind me a little of Danville, just not as quick and athletic.  They like to get out in transition and score quick.  They don't score a whole lot inside but have one player capable of doing so.  The way Danville beat Hartford tonight reminded me a lot of how Mountainburg has beaten Hartford the last two times they played.  Hartford kind of hung around for a quarter or so, then just wore down, and Mountainburg pushed their lead up close to 20 at the half and won very comfortably.  In fact, at Hartford in the regular season, Mountainburg was on their way to a mercy rule win.  Had 51-27 lead with a few minutes to go in the third quarter, then a ref threw one of our fans out of the game, and the officiating crew spent the rest of the game taking it out on our team.  Can't be too mad at the refs, though, because our fans were complaining quite a bit even though we had a 20-25 point lead most of the 2nd and 3rd quarter.  Last week in the semi's of district we had an 18 point lead on Hartford at half, pushed it up to around 25 late in the third quarter, and sat the starters the entire fourth quarter.  Ended up winning 69-49.

what laddie!? the refs were cheatin? you lads again? every other post you have.the refs were bad they were.

dragons42

Quote from: MacCrusty on February 24, 2011, 04:46:09 am

what laddie!? the refs were cheatin? you lads again? every other post you have.the refs were bad they were.

Dude. Read the rest of what he said and quit being biased. He siad "can't be too mad at the refs though". He's not saying mountainburg was cheated by the refs in any way. He has never said that. Everybody talks about how officiating is. But "cheating" never came out of his mouth. Although, the officials haven't been the best when Mountainburg plays. And I would bet a pretty nickel that you would say the same thing about when Cedarville plays. So, don't go all "Yo ho ho" because he's talking about the officials. There is at least one person not happy because of the officials after a ball game.

MacCrusty

Quote from: dragons42 on February 24, 2011, 08:29:14 am
Quote from: MacCrusty on February 24, 2011, 04:46:09 am

Dude. Read the rest of what he said and quit being biased. He siad "can't be too mad at the refs though". He's not saying mountainburg was cheated by the refs in any way. He has never said that. Everybody talks about how officiating is. But "cheating" never came out of his mouth. Although, the officials haven't been the best when Mountainburg plays. And I would bet a pretty nickel that you would say the same thing about when Cedarville plays. So, don't go all "Yo ho ho" because he's talking about the officials. There is at least one person not happy because of the officials after a ball game.
dah like dude lad.  he never "siad" anything he didn't. he typed on a keyboard he did. never posted about the refs and pirates did I. keep yur nickel and buy some bubble gum wee laddie!

Donnie Jamon

you don't want to finish 3rd in this Regional..  you will have to face the number 2 from the 5 or 6 conference and then EPC in the 2nd round of state..  it will be a tough tough draw

wonderboys

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 24, 2011, 12:17:58 pm
you don't want to finish 3rd in this Regional..  you will have to face the number 2 from the 5 or 6 conference and then EPC in the 2nd round of state..  it will be a tough tough draw

I understand your what you are saying, and everyone feels the same way. However, in reality everyone that makes it to state wants to play for the rings. In order to do that you would have to beat 1 or 2 of those teams at some point regardless. In the end only one team is celebrating.

neutralfreeroamer

Well you dont want to be fourth either because its most likely you will have to play Hughes. This region is paired up with the best region in the east.

AB™

Even though I wouldn't cell it an upset, we had our first "upset" of the tournament.  Mountainburg girls beat Danville, 49-36.

I felt like our girls were better than Danville's girls after watching them play last week.  We start four sophomores, so this state tournament experience is going to be great for them.   

RATTLER43

Better shooters for sure. Danville could nothit anything. Our big man is injured. Rough for us.

Donnie Jamon

what about the boys score AB???  got anything.. 

neutralfreeroamer

HorseFeathers

Magazine boys went down tonight, lost to eureka springs.

neutralfreeroamer

HorseFeathers

Hartford girls won by 10, they are reporting finals on another thread on here, hwich is weird to me cuz you guys have had a running east/west thread all season.

RATTLER43

Our boys were without our center (injured). Our girls just played poorly. Picked wrong night to have a bad outing. Hartford had a great game plan and executed it well.

neutralfreeroamer

Mountainburg got a little bit of a fight from WYC but not enough to lose. I heard 68-54 was the final. Any details?

HorseFeathers

AB said that wyc couldn't miss in the 2nd half, but burg still won by around 16.

AB™

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 24, 2011, 09:48:34 pm
Our boys were without our center (injured). Our girls just played poorly. Picked wrong night to have a bad outing. Hartford had a great game plan and executed it well.

I was curious as to why he didn't play.  Found out later and, have to admit, got  chuckle out of it.  I don't know how much of a difference he would have made tonight against Eureka, but it would have helped Magazine to have him in there to combat Eureka's size. 

I have said all year long I would be surprised if there was a better player in the region than #23 for Eureka.  He put on a show tonight.  He's an extremely good and versatile player.  After watching Magazine last week and having seen Eureka several times this year, I really felt that Eureka could beat them.

Also, not surprised the least bit that Mountainburg's girls beat Danville.  I expected the Hartford/Magazine game to be a good one but didn't think Magazine could beat them.  For those of you at the Mountainburg/Danville game, care to tell me what you think?  Four of our starters are sophomores, including #14 who is a heck of a player. 

AB™

February 24, 2011, 11:32:03 pm #136 Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:39:31 pm by AB™
Quote from: neutralfreeroamer on February 24, 2011, 10:18:54 pm
Mountainburg got a little bit of a fight from WYC but not enough to lose. I heard 68-54 was the final. Any details?

Well, we got a bit of a fight, but not a real scare.  We had a 17 point lead at the half, and were scoring the ball like we're capable.  The third quarter, though, we didn't make our first bucket until about 4:30 minutes into the quarter.  On the flip side, WYC made about everything they threw up to start the third quarter; including heavily contested three pointers.  That's when WYC made a little run to get  it under 10, but the game wasn't ever in doubt. 

I will say this, WYC is MUCH better than I thought they were last week when I saw them play.  Of course, we got there three or four minutes into the second quarter and didn't get a great look at them.  I originally thought they were about as good as UCA from our conference.  But after seeing them tonight, I'm not so sure they aren't as good as Hartford, maybe better.  #23 is as good as anyone Hartford has, and #5 and #24 for WYC would be the second best player for Hartford. 

I'd say part of the reason they gave us more fight than they should've is due to us not knowing anything about them, other than #23 is a really good player.  Of course we had no idea #5 was just as good or better, and it took us almost three quarters to guard him.  Same with #24.  We didn't know he was that good.  Our best postman got two fouls in the first quarter and didn't play most of the first half.  He would have been our best match-up for #24.

I thought the final was 68-52 but I forgot about two FT's WYC made with under a minute left.  We went cold in the third quarter (only scored eight points) but, even with going so cold to start the second half, we still scored 68 points.  That's also with us running our delay game the final 5:00 minutes of the fourth quarter and not shooting anything but lay-ups or FT's.  Probably could have scored around 80 had we not done that. 

I have to give it up to WYC, too.  They were much better than I thought they were and they came to play.

HorseFeathers

Props to wyc's coach for the huge turn around this year, last place to 3 seed in region, nothing to be ashamed about there, if wyc can hang onto him they might challenge for conference in a couple of years.

b-ball fan

WYCs Coach did a great job all season. Creamer is a good young coach, and more importantly a good role model for those young men and women he coaches. Props to him and the job he has done.

AB™

February 25, 2011, 01:00:42 am #139 Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:03:08 am by AB™
Quote from: b-ball fan on February 25, 2011, 12:15:27 am
WYCs Coach did a great job all season. Creamer is a good young coach, and more importantly a good role model for those young men and women he coaches. Props to him and the job he has done.

I couldn't believe it when HF told me how bad WYC was a year ago.  They are a very solid team this year.  #23, #5, and #24 are all three good players.  He said #23 and #5 both had 30+ point games this season.  I thought they were about as good as UCA when I first saw them, but after tonight, I'm not so sure they couldn't have finished 4th in our conference.  He seems to be doing a great job with at WYC and he had a scrappy and underrated team this year.

I think I've got the two conferences figured out, too.  Our (the 4-2A West) top three could have competed for 1st in the East, and would have probably finished no lower than 2nd place.  Your (4-2A East) 3-7 teams could have competed with Hartford for the 4th spot in our conference.

Our 5-7 teams (UCA, Hackett, and Decatur) were pretty awful this year.  WYC was quite a bit better than UCA and they finished 5th in the East.

In other words, we were very top heavy and Hartford was scrappy.  Us, Eureka, and County Line, had four very tough conference games, two semi-tough games, and six cakewalks.  The East had a lot more parity, and you even had to be ready to play when the 5-7 teams came up on the schedule.  Not the case for us.  We could have came out and played dead for three quarters and still squeak out a win over UCA/Hackett/Decatur. 

wonderboys

I guess the West is showing a little supremacy in boys and girls. The East is only sending one of each to the State Tournament. Congratulations to all 8 teams that are moving on to the next level. From the teams that I have seen (all except Mountainburg girls), it seems that there are definitely quality coaches and quality young adults at quality schools that will be representing the region.

Yell County Fan

February 25, 2011, 09:46:49 am #141 Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:48:43 am by Yell County Fan
Quote from: wonderboys on February 25, 2011, 09:08:38 am
I guess the West is showing a little supremacy in boys and girls. The East is only sending one of each to the State Tournament. Congratulations to all 8 teams that are moving on to the next level. From the teams that I have seen (all except Mountainburg girls), it seems that there are definitely quality coaches and quality young adults at quality schools that will be representing the region.

Yes, congratulations to all of the teams. Danville girls will not be in the state tourney for the first time since the 2003-2004 season. That is a pretty impressive stretch, and I'm sure they will not be absent for long. The boys are in for only the second time in the last 17 years (give or take a year). Great job to Coach Wright and his boys for that. The Mountainburg girls' are a very dangerous group over the next few years. I believe I overheard someone say that they lost their first Jr. girls game of the season then won out from there. They will definitely contend for the regional championship for a while.

I stayed around to support the Wolverines, so let me say a little in response to AB's game synopsis: Western Yell did not catch fire in the 3rd quarter. #5 hit two wide open 3s in the corner after Mountainburg went to a diamond-n-1 on 23. WYC scored 15 pts in the 1st quarter, 12 in the 2nd, 15 in the 3rd, and 12 in the 4th. It may have not been your intent, but the way you put it makes it seem like the basket suddenly got wider. Mountainburg was/is definitely a better team, and even when WYC cut it to 8 the game probably still "wasn't in doubt," but WYC did put up a great fight and had a lot to do with the turn around in Mountainburg's ability to score so well in the second half. So, while you did compliment them you kind of muddled the compliments with excuses. Seems to be your MO, AB. Be humble in your victories, and good luck to Mountainburg the rest of the way (except tonight against Danville, GO GREEN)

greg6568

countyline and eureka boys play today, this game  can go eather way, thoughts anybody ?

AB™

Quote from: Yell County Fan on February 25, 2011, 09:46:49 am
Quote from: wonderboys on February 25, 2011, 09:08:38 am

Yes, congratulations to all of the teams. Danville girls will not be in the state tourney for the first time since the 2003-2004 season. That is a pretty impressive stretch, and I'm sure they will not be absent for long. The boys are in for only the second time in the last 17 years (give or take a year). Great job to Coach Wright and his boys for that. The Mountainburg girls' are a very dangerous group over the next few years. I believe I overheard someone say that they lost their first Jr. girls game of the season then won out from there. They will definitely contend for the regional championship for a while.

I stayed around to support the Wolverines, so let me say a little in response to AB's game synopsis: Western Yell did not catch fire in the 3rd quarter. #5 hit two wide open 3s in the corner after Mountainburg went to a diamond-n-1 on 23. WYC scored 15 pts in the 1st quarter, 12 in the 2nd, 15 in the 3rd, and 12 in the 4th. It may have not been your intent, but the way you put it makes it seem like the basket suddenly got wider. Mountainburg was/is definitely a better team, and even when WYC cut it to 8 the game probably still "wasn't in doubt," but WYC did put up a great fight and had a lot to do with the turn around in Mountainburg's ability to score so well in the second half. So, while you did compliment them you kind of muddled the compliments with excuses. Seems to be your MO, AB. Be humble in your victories, and good luck to Mountainburg the rest of the way (except tonight against Danville, GO GREEN)

It felt like they caught fire because they hit several threes to start off.  I wasn't trying to muddle my compliments.  We just didn't know what to expect from WYC and they were a very solid team.  I wasn't trying to make excuses.  Mountainburg scored eight points in the third quarter.  They were missing great looks and shots they usually make.  That's the very definition of going cold.  I'm not sure how else to compliment WYC.   They've got three very good players, and despite having basically no bench, they found a way to compete with us, and from what I've heard they were competitive most nights during conference play.  Even against the top teams.  Heck, I even said they might have even finished fourth in our conference this year.  None of those were backhanded compliments.  I've watched every Mountainburg game this year and that third quarter was one of the worst we've played in terms of scoring the ball.  We missed some wide-open looks but WYC's defense had something  to do with it as well.

b-ball fan

Lets not take away from the east...The West will be well represented with 3 of the four teams advancing to state coming from the west, but Magazine is a much different team with their starting post available fot he game. He is HUGE! Magazines biggest issue throughout the year has been depth, and when you take their only big out of the game, it certainly changes what they have to do. Not saying they for sure would have beat Eureka, but I can promise you the game would have looked a little different.

AB™

Quote from: b-ball fan on February 25, 2011, 01:18:52 pm
Lets not take away from the east...The West will be well represented with 3 of the four teams advancing to state coming from the west, but Magazine is a much different team with their starting post available fot he game. He is HUGE! Magazines biggest issue throughout the year has been depth, and when you take their only big out of the game, it certainly changes what they have to do. Not saying they for sure would have beat Eureka, but I can promise you the game would have looked a little different.

He would have at least given them a big body down there to keep Eureka's three bigs in check.  Magazine actually did a great job on the boards without him and despite the huge size discrepancy.  I don't know the exact rebound  total for each team, but I wouldn't be surprised if Magazine didn't out rebound Eureka.

AB™

County Line girls over Mountainburg by 13.

County Line boys over Eureka by about 25.

RATTLER43

MacCrusty

well AB laddie dragoons drop 3of their last 5 they have. look at the bright side laddie they didn't choke as last years region wee laddie

wonderboys

What MacCrusty is telling the rest of you is that Danville won 55-50 tonight. Wasn't there, but the continuous updates showed that the game was very good. It seems as though Danville had a lead for the majority of the game, with Mountainburg always coming back to tie or we right on their heals. Tied at the half, and tied with less than a minute to go. Congratulations Little Johns.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas