• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was the Fan Really a Warren Fan? Was the 15 yard penalty Fair? What do you think?

Started by 4thandgoal, December 09, 2017, 08:43:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan10

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 13, 2017, 11:12:56 am
I haven't spoken a word about being cheated. I have said and will always say the refs were wrong, which also includes the infamous fumble you continue to mention every chance you get.

I get it, it's ok for you to mention the things that didn't go Warren's way, but not ok for us to do the same.
Why is that, is it because we won?

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 13, 2017, 11:23:48 am
I get it, it's ok for you to mention the things that didn't go Warren's way, but not ok for us to do the same.
If Warren marches down and scores, by the way you post, I have a feeling the word cheated would be in every single post you'd make.

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 13, 2017, 11:28:38 am
If Warren marches down and scores, by the way you post, I have a feeling the word cheated would be in every single post you'd make.

I'm sure I would have complained about the obvious fumble, not sure I'd have used the word cheated. Difference in this game was, we overcame our misfortune and Warren did not, even though they were given the opportunity to do so.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 13, 2017, 11:23:48 am
Hope Santa brings you that elusive fumble you crave so much for Christmas!

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 13, 2017, 11:32:22 am
Hope Santa brings you that elusive fumble you crave so much for Christmas!

Scratched off my list, got a ring instead.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 13, 2017, 11:32:10 am
I'm sure I would have complained about the obvious fumble, not sure I'd have used the word cheated. Difference is, we overcame our misfortune and Warren did not, even though they were given the opportunity to do so.
Yes, the Badgers did and as I've said before, my hats off to them. Eldridge deserved Coach of the Year, have a feeling Hatley will be in the running for Offensive Player OTY next year.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

hogfan10

STUNNA

hogfan10

STUNNA

Oldbadger

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 12, 2017, 03:17:05 pm
why did the officials put 12 sec back on the clock?
I had quit on this thread,but keep reading it.  One of the questions I had in mind was just this; why 9 additional seconds?  Well,since this had never happened before, the refs WERE trying to do the right thing.  So,  when the student strode onto the field booing the Badgers someone has said and I heard this also from a coach, that the second he entered the field there was twelve seconds left in the game.  They decided that since they had warned Warren's coach once for sideline infraction, penalized him for the second sideline infraction, and the rules called for a 15 yard penalty for a third sideline infraction(the student entering the field), they would give the 15 yard penalty to Warren for those transgressions, put things back the way they were when the infraction (student) began, and negate the previous play.  So now Warren is actually in a very good position. 2nd and goal at the 23,. with 12 seconds left.  Time for two plays.  Hembree did what I would do.  Go for the endzone.  His plan was to try both times.  Didn't accomplish this.  As you see, the Badgers were just bystanders who actually got the raw end of the deal, but pulled it out any way.  That's my take, and I'm sticking to it!lol That's why the Badgers are the "real" State Champions.

Oldbadger

One more observation.  This regarding playing of players both ways.  Warren's players were suffering.  I know how they feel.  In the olden days I played both ways, never came off the field.  When the game was done, i felt as if I had been run over by a truck.   When the Badgers threw that pass to the tight end, the normally fast d-backs for Warren were a step slow.  This Badger tight end is like most tight ends, not the most swift on the team.  They didn't catch him.  they were too tired.

hogfan10

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 13, 2017, 01:27:37 pm

Not sure I get your point. Am I too old to be proud of a ring from 30 years ago? How far back can we go, b/4 it means nothing now; 1, 5, 10 years?

SUGARTOWN

STUNNA

Jack1990

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 13, 2017, 01:38:25 pm
Four touchdowns in one game!
Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 13, 2017, 01:27:37 pm

While playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, "Spare Tire" Dixon!!

Lions84

Quote from: 4thandgoal on December 09, 2017, 08:43:14 pm
The 15 yard penalty regarding the fan is not in the AAA rule book. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A SPOT ON THIS WIN!!!! DO THE BADGERS REALLY FEEL LIKE TRUE CHAMPS RIGHT NOW? WILL THERE ALWAYS BE DOUBT IF THEY ARE JUST PAPER CHAMPS?

The Zebras should have had that person removed and replayed the down with no penalty to either team.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 13, 2017, 01:36:00 pm
Not sure I get your point. Am I too old to be proud of a ring from 30 years ago? How far back can we go, b/4 it means nothing now; 1, 5, 10 years?

Just reading the pissing contest between you and Stunna reminded me of old farts re-living the glory days.  ;)

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 13, 2017, 12:08:51 pm
I had quit on this thread,but keep reading it.  One of the questions I had in mind was just this; why 9 additional seconds?  Well,since this had never happened before, the refs WERE trying to do the right thing.  So,  when the student strode onto the field booing the Badgers someone has said and I heard this also from a coach, that the second he entered the field there was twelve seconds left in the game.  They decided that since they had warned Warren's coach once for sideline infraction, penalized him for the second sideline infraction, and the rules called for a 15 yard penalty for a third sideline infraction(the student entering the field), they would give the 15 yard penalty to Warren for those transgressions, put things back the way they were when the infraction (student) began, and negate the previous play.  So now Warren is actually in a very good position. 2nd and goal at the 23,. with 12 seconds left.  Time for two plays.  Hembree did what I would do.  Go for the endzone.  His plan was to try both times.  Didn't accomplish this.  As you see, the Badgers were just bystanders who actually got the raw end of the deal, but pulled it out any way.  That's my take, and I'm sticking to it!lol That's why the Badgers are the "real" State Champions.
Yes sir, the Badgers are the real Champs.

STUNNA

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 13, 2017, 03:12:04 pm
Just reading the pissing contest between you and Stunna reminded me of old farts re-living the glory days.  ;)

I wish he would just ignore me.. lol

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: STUNNA on December 13, 2017, 04:43:26 pm
I wish he would just ignore me.. lol

He might, if you'd buy him a letter jacket to go along with his ring!

STUNNA

hogfan10

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 14, 2017, 12:30:46 pm
He might, if you'd buy him a letter jacket to go along with his ring!
In Arkadelphia you earn those, can't just buy them. And b/4 you ask, yes I have one, but unlike you and Stunna, I don't wear mine.

STUNNA

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 14, 2017, 12:49:45 pm
In Arkadelphia you earn those, can't just buy them. And b/4 you ask, yes I have one, but unlike you and Stunna, I don't wear mine.

Don't lie.. you had the jacket and ring on at the game.. lol

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 14, 2017, 12:53:29 pm
Don't lie.. you had the jacket and ring on at the game.. lol
Nah, but if I'd wanted to, I could have. That's something you can't say, now is it!
Anyway, you say you wish I'd quit responding to you, yet you keep bringing me up.

STUNNA

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 14, 2017, 01:00:38 pm
Nah, but if I'd wanted to, I could have. That's something you can't say, now is it!
Anyway, you say you wish I'd quit responding to you, yet you keep bringing me up.

Not for football ;D... should have my senior year... oh well.. lol

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 14, 2017, 12:49:45 pm

I heard back in the old days they just gave letter jackets away back in Arkadoo. 

hogfan10

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 14, 2017, 02:12:24 pm
I heard back in the old days they just gave letter jackets away back in Arkadoo.

Well, you heard wrong.
Not the last time you'll be wrong, I'm sure.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 14, 2017, 02:17:06 pm
Well, you heard wrong.
Not the last time you'll be wrong, I'm sure.

Maybe it was hearsay, however, you being able to still fit in your letter jacket is a KNOWN lie!

hogfan10

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 14, 2017, 02:34:52 pm
Maybe it was hearsay, however, you being able to still fit in your letter jacket is a KNOWN lie!

Guess you missed the part where I said I don't where it.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 14, 2017, 03:03:01 pm
Guess you missed the part where I said I don't where it.

You said "If i wanted to i could have".  Just figuring you probably couldn't get that jacket on. 

PS.  Would you consider using that picture as your avatar? 

hogfan10

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 14, 2017, 03:05:46 pm
You said "If i wanted to i could have".  Just figuring you probably couldn't get that jacket on. 

PS.  Would you consider using that picture as your avatar?

No on the picture. And, surprisingly if I could find it, I think it would fit even though my body proportions are a bit different. ???

RZback

Quote from: Lions84 on December 13, 2017, 03:06:55 pm

The Zebras should have had that person removed and replayed the down with no penalty to either team.

The penalty was unfortunate but in my mind justified for a couple of reasons.  It was the third violation according to the refs and they levied the correct penalty.  The other an maybe most important, if they do nothing it encourages some other bozo in another game at another time to do something similar.  Schools are responsible for the conduct of their fans at games.  There are a bunch of things that could have happened with that fan on the field and none were good.

Lions84

The Officals should have that person removed with no flags on either team!

Oldbadger

Quote from: Lions84 on December 30, 2017, 08:49:52 pm
The Officals should have that person removed with no flags on either team!
If that had happened, the Badgers would have been penalized because the clock was stopped at 3 seconds when the Jacks were out of timeouts. Otherwise, time runs out and game is over.  However, had the Jacks been able to throw an incomplete pass, as Hembree suggested was the plan, they may have gotten a field goal try off, which may have been blocked or missed. As happened, the Badgers were actually penalized by the addition of 9 seconds on the clock.  An unusual event that never had a precedent, so officials had to interpret to the best of their ability.  No one would be happy whatever was done.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 31, 2017, 12:58:31 pm
If that had happened, the Badgers would have been penalized because the clock was stopped at 3 seconds when the Jacks were out of timeouts. Otherwise, time runs out and game is over.  However, had the Jacks been able to throw an incomplete pass, as Hembree suggested was the plan, they may have gotten a field goal try off, which may have been blocked or missed. As happened, the Badgers were actually penalized by the addition of 9 seconds on the clock.  An unusual event that never had a precedent, so officials had to interpret to the best of their ability.  No one would be happy whatever was done.
Warren wouldn't have been given 9 seconds, allegedly that's when the kid walked out on the field.

RZback

I think people just don't want to lay the blame where it appears to be.  A not very bright move by a student of Warren, and not a good last few second decisions and execution by warren.  It happens. 

Superjack45

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 13, 2017, 12:08:51 pm
Congrats to the Badgers but if you look again, you will see that when the kid came on the field it was well more than 12 seconds but known of that matters because Warren  threw a interception so you all won and I am Happy for you all. Maybe we will meet again this coming season.

SUGARTOWN

Romeo

It is beating a dead horse, but I've wondered what the reaction would have been had we not been penalized and kicked a field goal to win the game. Arkadelphia fans already hated us for 2013. They probably would have banned all Warren fans from entering Arkadelphia.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas