• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need some input from the volleyball experts

Started by Chief_Osceola™, October 14, 2016, 01:43:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief_Osceola™

What are some of the better organizations for playing competitively in Central Arkansas?  Right now I have information on 3 different clubs/teams - Central Arkansas Volleyball, FATCHMO (what does that stand for?), and Conway Juniors Volleyball Club.  Are there any others, or can anyone give me information on these 3?  TiA

Vballfan

October 14, 2016, 05:15:12 pm #1 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:22:06 pm by Vballfan
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 14, 2016, 01:43:50 pm
What are some of the better organizations for playing competitively in Central Arkansas?  Right now I have information on 3 different clubs/teams - Central Arkansas Volleyball, FATCHMO (what does that stand for?), and Conway Juniors Volleyball Club.  Are there any others, or can anyone give me information on these 3?  TiA

Little Rock Juniors is the other major club in central Arkansas. The answer is that it depends. Every year is different and the coach/other players make all the difference and each age group differs.  This year, Conway lost their main training coach. He helped many, many players at ozark and then Conway the last two years before moving on. Not sure who is replacing him. Before that the golden Suns had a great coach and had a great run getting kids ready to play in college . Fatchmo was the very best when David McFatrich was coaching in the club 3-4 years ago . He has since moved on to be the head coach of Mississippi State. Little Rock Juniors has a UALR assistant helping their top team.  My advice would be to go to all the try outs and make the very best decision you can for your player.  My other advice would be unless your player is really wanting to play at the next level and has that potential, find a program you like, kids your player likes and a group of parents you want to be around.  Good luck.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas