• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power lifting in AR

Started by slowntheMUD, October 28, 2010, 09:28:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

slowntheMUD

I have been told that there is no official, sanctioned powerlifting in AR highschools. I am new to the state and find this very, very disturbing. I feel competitive powerlifting for kids is VERY important for overall improvement in all areas of athletics.

Any ideas on how to start or organizing a powerlifting season and getting it recognized by AAA?

???

SingleWingGuru

the best way to do this...

1.  Start powerlifting meets thru the state.
2.  Get area high schools to compete with teams.
3.  Repeat.

The AAA wants its hands in as many things as possible, it won't take much of doing that before they want to sanction it.  Same thing that happened with bowling.

powerlifter90

We (the powerlifters in Ark) are looking to hold a SPF sanctioned meet sometime next spring for high school athletes.  I was one of the folks that used to hold the AAU high school meets at LRAFB in the late 90's early 00's, and would love to get it rolling again.

slowntheMUD

Glad to see there is interest.

I dont know how any state could be competitive athletically without serioius powerlifting in their schools. I guess that is what Shiloh discovered this year against TX team.

Email me and I will send my contact info to anyone that can/or will help. I am also available to help in any way I can if someone else wants to take charge.

powerlifter90

Quote from: slowntheMUD on October 29, 2010, 03:08:49 pm

I dont know how any state could be competitive athletically without serious powerlifting in their schools. I guess that is what Shiloh discovered this year against TX team.

Email me and I will send my contact info to anyone that can/or will help. I am also available to help in any way I can if someone else wants to take charge.

Ark has sanctioned "weightlifting" which IMO is useless.  To be a good or great athlete in ANY sport you have to have a strong posterior chain which powerliting type movements provide.  Weightlifting movements for me are more technique than anything else, true you have to have the strength to do them, but we use cleans, powercleans, etc as accessory movements not primary. 

McKnz

Quote from: BUGEATERS on October 30, 2010, 08:30:29 am
we use cleans, powercleans, etc as accessory movements not primary. 

Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way.

LionX2

Quote from: powerlifter90 on October 30, 2010, 08:30:29 am

I dont know how any state could be competitive athletically without serious powerlifting in their schools. I guess that is what Shiloh discovered this year against TX team.

Ark has sanctioned "weightlifting" which IMO is useless.  To be a good or great athlete in ANY sport you have to have a strong posterior chain which powerliting type movements provide.  Weightlifting movements for me are more technique than anything else, true you have to have the strength to do them, but we use cleans, powercleans, etc as accessory movements not primary.

I hope you see this and read that I think you are absolutely retarded for saying this.  Oh and p.s. I he you aren't a football coach

slowntheMUD

Quote from: LionX2 on December 04, 2012, 10:58:26 pm
Quote from: powerlifter90 on October 30, 2010, 08:30:29 am

I hope you see this and read that I think you are absolutely retarded for saying this.  Oh and p.s. I he you aren't a football coach

First, are you drunk? Barely understood your msg. Second, to whom were you referring?

LionX2

It was to power lifter about the oly lifts being secondary to your traditional power lifting lifts for the posterior chain.  Would not have been said if he truly knew what he was talking about. And about the message. I just saw that. I guess my iPad didn't pick up some things I was typing.  ;D

slowntheMUD

Good to hear. Thought you might be trying to be a jerk. Was ready to open a can.  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas