• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norphlet Head Coach?

Started by 7-aa east fan, February 28, 2010, 05:15:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

7-aa east fan

Any news on who Norphlet is looking to hire for their Head Coach?

airitout

it is a done deal, some texan i think

thebigshot

rumor is coach black from smackover.  i heard that from one of the norphlet football players yesterday.

Juco soldier

Head coach is to be named later, currently in Georgia, but from Arkansas.
Asst coach is to be named later, currently in Louisiana, but also from Arkansas.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Juco soldier on March 08, 2010, 01:28:38 pm
Asst coach is to be named later, currently in Louisiana, but also from Arkansas.
sounds like a trade in the pros when teams get the player to be named later....

airitout

what are they waiting for if they no that much why not just name them?

bleudog

Quote from: HF on March 08, 2010, 11:59:51 pm
sounds like a trade in the pros when teams get the player to be named later....

I think they're still negotiating the conditional draft picks. ;D

big E

Those players to be named later could be holding it up.

airitout

got to notify the next of kin

Juco soldier

Norphlet Head Coach  -  Doug Means
Defensive Coordinator - John Daugherty

cuz

Quote from: Juco soldier on March 10, 2010, 04:52:16 pm
Norphlet Head Coach  -  Doug Means
Defensive Coordinator - John Daugherty

[/quote
What are their background's and where are they from?

Juco soldier

Coach Means is from Fayetteville, but has been a head coach out of state.
Coach Daugherty is from Fordyce, worked at several schools in state as well as Texas and Louisiana.

cuz

Thanks, good luck to both and Norphlet.

keojimmy

Quote from: Juco soldier on March 10, 2010, 06:58:33 pm
Coach Means is from Fayetteville, but has been a head coach out of state.
Coach Daugherty is from Fordyce, worked at several schools in state as well as Texas and Louisiana.
is this coach daughtry that was in england for a while ?? if so, you got yourself a heck of a strength and conditioning coach..

Wilson

March 11, 2010, 06:31:20 pm #14 Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 06:33:48 pm by Wilson

Sorry if this upsets some folks.....but I have taken my name out of the running at NHS.   I will be staying in Louisiana as of now.     At one time the contract was agreed upon by both the NHS administration and my agent.    Later after discusing the terms of my contract with the Norphlet School board the terms of the contract were changed and the guaranteed 5th year of the contract was removed, plus an added penalty clause that would have me paying a steep buyout if I chose to take another job before the 5th year of the contract was up have forced me to take my name out of the running.   Sorry it couldn't work out.....  I wish nothing but the best for the Norphlet fans and players.    ;D  ;)

jbird

John Daugherty? The same who was DC at England and gave up 40+ points a game, and gave up 38 points last year with a 3-7 record?

Juco soldier

England gives up points annually no matter who is there, and the 3-7 record from this last year was the school's best in 3 years.  Please don't bash coaches on here.  There is great positives in all coaches.

Norphlet has got a good young coach who will work hard.
Positives:   Barton 03-04 State Runner Up; Asst
                Maud,TX 07-08 State Semi-finalist; DC
                07 Texarkana Gazette Coaching Staff of the year.

jbird

Those look like facts to me. Daugherty didn't finish year at Maud as DC.

Juco soldier

No because he was going to be hired in Florida, but it didn't pan out.  You got something against that?

jbird

WildFan

Wow. What defense will the leopards be in next year?

onthebench

Is it true that Norphlet will not field a junior high team next year... seems like a scary situation for the future of the program.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: onthebench on March 12, 2010, 08:14:42 pm
Is it true that Norphlet will not field a junior high team next year... seems like a scary situation for the future of the program.

That is correct.

I was told that they have enough 7th graders to play a 7th grade schedule.

But only one 8th grader (who will play with the 7th grade team).

And one 9th grader (who will play on the Sr. High team).

loyal fan

How long until Football is shut down at Norphlet?

seark66

Quote from: loyal fan on March 13, 2010, 06:55:42 am
How long until Football is shut down at Norphlet?

School itself won't last much longer.  I bet the candidate pool was small for both positions at Norphlet.  Most people in this area know about the problems they are having.

The HS squad will benefit from the rising 9th grade class, but they will still finish next-to-last in the 8-2A.  They were dominated at the line of scrimmage most of last season...and that will continue to be the case.  It doesn't matter how many "athletes" you got if you can't establish the LOS on both sides of the ball.

airitout

wow, poor coaches.  i am sure these guys want to come in and do the best for this school and the players.  yet you already have the school closing and basically running them out. 
i hope them the best and that things get turned around so that Norphlet continues to play football, and at a much higher level. 

loyal fan

More info on Coach Means and Coach Daurady?

state bound

does anyone know where coach joe black from smackover is gonna go? in my opinion he is one of the best coaches in the state. he's 100% dedicated

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: state bound on April 12, 2010, 10:58:23 pm
does anyone know where coach joe black from smackover is gonna go?  he's 100% dedicated

I thought that was expected.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas