• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville @ Lamar

Started by CatPride, October 19, 2018, 09:26:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CatPride

Thoughts??

Get ready Warriors, the Cats are coming!!!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Always like my Warriors, but they will be heavy underdogs in this one.

TheTruth2010

Probably one of the better defensive teams Booneville will see this year. I'll be cheering for the warriors but I know it will be an uphill battle! Winner takes Conference Title.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Lamar will have to be at the top of our game and Booneville have an off night.

knownothingboutfallball

After the way Booneville played tonight Coach Jones and the warriors have a shot

CatPride

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on October 19, 2018, 10:10:50 pm
After the way Booneville played tonight Coach Jones and the warriors have a shot
You do realize the Booneville defense held Charleston to 43 yards of offense while the Bearcats put up over 500.

panther07

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on October 19, 2018, 10:10:50 pm

Lamar won 15-7...

SportsManiac

Lamar looked good tonight, Booneville just a different beast, Booneville by 28 or however much they want

knownothingboutfallball

Quote from: CatPride on October 19, 2018, 10:27:06 pm
You do realize the Booneville defense held Charleston to 43 yards of offense while the Bearcats put up over 500.
I was at the game I seen

Purple and Gold Bearcat82

I will say if the cats play like they did in the first half it will be a close game next week. Turnovers and penalties will hurt you and lucky the cats were able to stop the tigers and eventually score some points. Cats had 95 yards of penalties tonight's.

Warriors023

Lamar is a very well rounded team and will make a deep run in the playoffs wether it's with a 1 or a 2 seed. They're going to have to play a PERFECT game Friday to beat Booneville, but I'll have to take Booneville by 14

panther07

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 20, 2018, 12:18:56 am
Lamar is a very well rounded team and will make a deep run in the playoffs wether it's with a 1 or a 2 seed. They're going to have to play a PERFECT game Friday to beat Booneville, but I'll have to take Booneville by 14

They're not going to beat HA in the second round. So I guess it depends on your definition of deep

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 20, 2018, 07:40:31 am #12 Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 07:45:58 am by MICHAELSPAPPY
Quote from: Warriors023 on October 20, 2018, 12:18:56 am
Lamar is a very well rounded team

Booneville does what it does superlatively well.

If Lamar has any cards in their pocket, it might be the fact that they are a little more versatile? Our passing game is sneaky good. Pretty good team speed. Decent size. But we still have to stop the fullback, and until we do that, there are no other questions that have to be asked.

I still really do not know how good this Lamar team is. We seem to play just well enough to win, but we won last night, on a wet field, on the road.

We definitely need the home crowd like they were in the last Greenland drive - for the whole game.

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 20, 2018, 08:10:51 am #13 Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 08:12:28 am by MICHAELSPAPPY
Think it is a safe guess this will be Hooten's Game of the Week in 3A?

Booneville did the Lamar administration a favor by being #1 in a year when they come to Lamar. Should be a big gate. And then Charleston at Lamar the week after that. Better lay in plenty of hot dogs, folks.

nastynice

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 20, 2018, 07:40:31 am
Booneville does what it does superlatively well.

If Lamar has any cards in their pocket, it might be the fact that they are a little more versatile? Our passing game is sneaky good. Pretty good team speed. Decent size. But we still have to stop the fullback, and until we do that, there are no other questions that have to be asked.

I still really do not know how good this Lamar team is. We seem to play just well enough to win, but we won last night, on a wet field, on the road.

We definitely need the home crowd like they were in the last Greenland drive - for the whole game.

Booneville has 8 pass tds so far this year.  What does Lamar have?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: nastynice on October 20, 2018, 08:44:35 am

Not sure. Have to ask Doc on that one.

elmerfudd

My bold prediction for this game: this will not be a mercy rule.

That being said, Booneville by 34 😁

MICHAELSPAPPY

My guess is that Hootens will pick Bville by a couple of touchdowns, but they will be sandbagging as usual.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: nastynice on October 20, 2018, 08:44:35 am

If either team has to pass much next Friday, that probably is not a good sign.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: panther07 on October 20, 2018, 07:21:09 am
They're not going to beat HA in the second round. So I guess it depends on your definition of deep
What makes you so sure about that?

TheTruth2010

Lamar has 9 passing tds. Averaging about 86 yards a game passing and about 251 a game on the ground.

OLDSCHOOL82

So the passing attack of both...is about the same?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 20, 2018, 08:10:51 am
Think it is a safe guess this will be Hooten's Game of the Week in 3A?

Methinks it would be hard to find a safer one. Two undefeated teams in week 9 with the conference title on the line. What's not to like?

Besides the only other game of note is Prescott at CHG.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Well, Lamar's first task is pretty obvious: don't beat ourselves. If we do that we have a chance. Mental mistakes can put a game like this out of reach very quickly.

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 20, 2018, 10:53:19 am #24 Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 10:54:54 am by MICHAELSPAPPY
Looks like nice weather.

Clara Allen

We for sure will have to play a near perfect game Friday night.  And put in some really good practices this week.  It has been a few years since I have seen a team this focused.   Not that any will see the field, the ninth graders will move up Friday. Junior high has hd a fantastic season

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Clara Allen on October 20, 2018, 12:24:35 pm
Junior high has hd a fantastic season

What was their final record?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Clara Allen on October 20, 2018, 12:24:35 pm
We for sure will have to play a near perfect game Friday night.

Hey, stranger things have happened. Porter Moser took Loyola to the Final Four last season.

Clara Allen

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 20, 2018, 12:33:05 pm
What was their final record?

They are 7-1
Slipped up and let Cedarville beat them.  Marcy came calling Thursday night against Mansfield.  Booneville left this Thursday.

gold45

Wish I could be there for this game.  Should be a great one!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 20, 2018, 10:48:50 am
Well, Lamar's first task is pretty obvious: don't beat ourselves.

Second task, stay close. If you are still within reach going into the fourth quarter, anything can happen.

RattleCat

Two goods teams with really good defenses and both teams are very well coached but I think to much offense from the cats

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: RattleCat on October 20, 2018, 03:52:15 pm
Two goods teams with really good defenses and both teams are very well coached but I think to much offense from the cats

With Doc on the sideline you always have a chance, but this will be a tough one for the Warriors. Here's hoping.

Hitman Warrior23

Coach Jones will be ready to win by 30 Lamar takes it!
:) Seriously
Bonneville is a monster I'll never say we don't have a chance, but I love this game coming at this time of the year!  To me this is a win win!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on October 20, 2018, 04:04:42 pm
I love this game coming at this time of the year!  To me this is a win win!

For Lamar this was very good $cheduling.

The last time we had Booneville at Lamar, didn't it rain cats and dogs, and the field was a mess?

elmerfudd

Here's a fun little tidbit for those who like looking at the numbers.

Booneville and Lamar have played 4 common opponents so far this season and here are the final point spreads for each game.
Paris: Lamar won by 27, Booneville by 48
West Fork: Lamar by 35; Booneville by 30
Greenland: Lamar by 6; Booneville by 28
Mansfield: Lamar by 8; Booneville by 49

On average, Booneville has beat the same opponent by almost 20 more points than Lamar did. West Fork is the only opponent Lamar beat by more points than Booneville.

I wish this week's matchup was in week 10, so we could have more games to compare.

RattleCat

I believe you will just see a little of the offense that Booneville can run and we are going to save the 3 other plays we know for the playoffs

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 20, 2018, 04:13:45 pm
Here's a fun little tidbit for those who like looking at the numbers.

Booneville and Lamar have played 4 common opponents so far this season and here are the final point spreads for each game.
Paris: Lamar won by 27, Booneville by 48
West Fork: Lamar by 35; Booneville by 30
Greenland: Lamar by 6; Booneville by 28
Mansfield: Lamar by 8; Booneville by 49

On average, Booneville has beat the same opponent by almost 20 more points than Lamar did. West Fork is the only opponent Lamar beat by more points than Booneville.

I wish this week's matchup was in week 10, so we could have more games to compare.

Paris and West Fork don't mean much because both games were not in doubt in either case and the margins are largely irrelevant.

Mansfield and Greenland are a little more indicative. Lamar let Greenland come back on them in a game they had well in hand. I would love to think a similar situation might occur vs. Booneville, but it ain't likely.

elmerfudd

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 20, 2018, 04:43:36 pm
Paris and West Fork don't mean much because both games were not in doubt in either case and the margins are largely irrelevant.

Mansfield and Greenland are a little more indicative. Lamar let Greenland come back on them in a game they had well in hand. I would love to think a similar situation might occur vs. Booneville, but it ain't likely.

The other two games were never in doubt for Booneville, either.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 20, 2018, 05:26:49 pm
The other two games were never in doubt for Booneville, either.

I thought the Greenland game was close at half.

elmerfudd

TheTruth2010

elmerfudd

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 20, 2018, 06:53:11 pm
Within a touchdown... which it was...

If you go by points alone, then ok.

But context is everything. With 5 minutes left before half, it was already 34-13 and Booneville was moving the ball at will. A couple of dumb penalties and a turnover let Greenland score a couple of quick ones right before half. Credit to them for quick scores, but there was never any real doubt.

The only thing stopping Booneville was Booneville. Once they got out of their own way, it was over.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Either team pick up any additional injury problems this past Friday?

1-Adam-12

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 20, 2018, 04:06:51 pm
For Lamar this was very good $cheduling.

The last time we had Booneville at Lamar, didn't it rain cats and dogs, and the field was a mess?

You have a good memory.  Poured down rain most of the game and the field was extremely wet.

Clara Allen

It did!  It was miserable!

Skip Baymore

Quote from: panther07 on October 20, 2018, 07:21:09 am

Lamar has a nice team, but Im thinking Booneville by More than 14 here.  And that would be a great 2nd round matchup at Lamar if both teams cross their t's to get to it.  Id pick HA also if it happens.  HA would be the 2nd best team Lamar has faced to that point. 

Jabali

October 21, 2018, 01:08:39 pm #47 Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:10:11 pm by Jabali
Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on October 20, 2018, 04:04:42 pm
Coach Jones will be ready to win by 30 Lamar takes it!
:) Seriously
Bonneville is a monster I'll never say we don't have a chance, but I love this game coming at this time of the year!  To me this is a win win!

It might happen, the last time Lamar and Booneville met the Cats took a 54 to 7 panty spanking.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Jabali on October 21, 2018, 01:08:39 pm
It might happen, the last time Lamar and Booneville met the Cats took a 54 to 7 panty spanking.

I've been told Hyatt has been reminded of that a lot, here lately.

High Voltage

This game could be the shortest game in history!

Booneville by 21

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas