• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Campbell

Started by Uncle Ivan, June 20, 2011, 07:55:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: 27 Trap on June 28, 2012, 04:40:45 pm
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on June 27, 2012, 02:33:31 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 27, 2012, 11:30:18 am
how is this a sticky subject?
This thread will remain a stickied thread until I say otherwise. Not only is this thread easily a top five all time thread on fearless friday, it serves as point of contact for Coach Campbell to let us know how he's doing in his fight. I want it right up top for easy access.

Went back to Doctor today, still have drain tube in, hope to get it out next week.....Had major surgery on June 1st, took about about 20% of liver, am home trying to get my strength back, going to take some time.....Keep me in your prayers.....
Will do coach. Stay in faith.

pantherblue

Many prayers coach. Stay strong!!

tmycjy

This thread will remain a stickied thread until I say otherwise. Not only is this thread easily a top five all time thread on fearless friday, it serves as point of contact for Coach Campbell to let us know how he's doing in his fight. I want it right up top for easy access.

Went back to Doctor today, still have drain tube in, hope to get it out next week.....Had major surgery on June 1st, took about about 20% of liver, am home trying to get my strength back, going to take some time.....Keep me in your prayers.....

Prayers from Wynne pressbox crew we hope we get to see you when Wynne plays Vilonia in Vilonia this year

DogsWin7

I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in him I will trust." Psalm91:2

Continued prayers Coach Campbell.

27 Trap

Got the drain tube out last Thursday, Amen, had it for six weeks, not much fun.....waiting now for the hole in my right side to heal, am still very sore in the stomach area, going to take some time to heal up......weak and not a lot of energy but things are going to get better.......THANKS FOR ALL  YOUR PRAYERS.......

DogsWin7

Quote from: 27 Trap on July 09, 2012, 07:04:18 pm

Got the drain tube out last Thursday, Amen, had it for six weeks, not much fun.....waiting now for the hole in my right side to heal, am still very sore in the stomach area, going to take some time to heal up......weak and not a lot of energy but things are going to get better.......THANKS FOR ALL  YOUR PRAYERS.......

Your Welcome and God Bless you Coach!  Pray he continually uplifts you and your familys spirits and gives you a speedy recovery.   

whippersnapper

Get to meet the great Coach Campbell Saturday, I can't wait for this opportunity the week won't be able to fly by fast enough. Thank you again Coach!

whippersnapper

Got to meet Coach today and let me tell you, this college kid right here was nervous!!! I pulled into the drive to see that his license plate was 27 trap...i knew then I was in the right place. I rang the doorbell Coach answered and there it was in his living room. All his plaques, awards, conf championships teams, state champs, and newspapers from when he retired. But after 5 mi s with him the nerves were gone and he made me feel right at home. We started watching film of his passing game highlights...about 7 plays! Haha then we started to watch film on the trap and more. I can't put into words what that 2&1/2 hrs was like but as I've told friends today. It was the best 2&1/2 hrs I've ever spent of my life. I found myself not so much writing down things about the trap but more like getting kids to play hard and believe. Simple things but yet so important to the game.... I tried to hide my smile the whole time cause it was such an honor to meet you Coach. Thank you so much for the the little bit of time you gave me. I will definitely cheerish for the rest of my life...whatever they do is wrong!

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: whippersnapper on July 29, 2012, 12:22:42 am
Got to meet Coach today and let me tell you, this college kid right here was nervous!!! I pulled into the drive to see that his license plate was 27 trap...i knew then I was in the right place. I rang the doorbell Coach answered and there it was in his living room. All his plaques, awards, conf championships teams, state champs, and newspapers from when he retired. But after 5 mi s with him the nerves were gone and he made me feel right at home. We started watching film of his passing game highlights...about 7 plays! Haha then we started to watch film on the trap and more. I can't put into words what that 2&1/2 hrs was like but as I've told friends today. It was the best 2&1/2 hrs I've ever spent of my life. I found myself not so much writing down things about the trap but more like getting kids to play hard and believe. Simple things but yet so important to the game.... I tried to hide my smile the whole time cause it was such an honor to meet you Coach. Thank you so much for the the little bit of time you gave me. I will definitely cheerish for the rest of my life...whatever they do is wrong!
Awesome story.

DogsWin7

Quote from: whippersnapper on July 29, 2012, 12:22:42 am
+1000   

morriltondevildog

Hope all is well coach!

27 Trap

Quote from: morriltondevildog on August 03, 2012, 10:49:48 pm
Hope all is well coach!

Am feeling well, plan on going to some games this week, ready to go.......Having a Pet Scan on Wednesday, hope everything is clear and no sign of any cancer......
Hope to make it to game when you'll play here.....

ARK_fan06

August 27, 2012, 12:46:43 am #212 Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 12:51:19 am by ARK_fan06
Hey coach I'm glad to see that you are doing better. I will never forget those times on the football field. Thinking about those days and the hard fought games we had, the one that will always stand out in my mind is the Batesville game in 2005. Even though we lost that game that was one of the hardest fought games i have ever been a part of and of course the championship game the year before that and i wouldn't trade it for anything. I can still remember in practice running plays over and over until we couldnt stand it anymore but hey, it worked and always paid off in the end. As a player under you i learned valuable life lessons that i will continue to live by and teach my kids one day.

PA Pressbox

[Yes, I confess I have not been on FF in quite some time.  Just please don't tell Lanny.  He might want a divorce. ;)]

Coach Campbell,

As Coach DePriest, Harrison (aka The Artist formerly known as Coach DePriest, PA) said early in this thread, it is truly an honor to have a bona fide legend posting hear on Fearless Friday.  I just wanted to say it was a pleasure meeting you, even though I didn't know it at the time.  Let me explain:
My two sons and I drove up to Cabot for the PA game right at about a year ago.  We were sitting on the next to the top row.  Right behind us were two gentlemen from out of town. (not sure if you want everyone knowing where you live now.)  They said they had thought about driving over to Wynne but, instead, decided to watch PA take their best shot at Cabot.  (not those words exactly.)   As I listened to their conversation for the rest of the first half, it was obvious that at least one of the gentlemen had a very astute knowledge of the game.

So, we stopped for fast food on the way out of and as we were sitting there eating, my (then college age) son said, "Wait a minute.  I just realized......that had to be Coach Don Campbell sitting behind us."  I said, "you know..... that makes perfect sense."  So again, even though we didn't exchange formal introductions, it was a pleasure to meet and visit with you last year.  If you ever happen to make down to Rector Field at Joe B. Hatcher Stadium, come on up to the Press Box.  I'll have an air conditioned, or heated, 48 yard line seat waiting for you.  Of course, then Lanny will look over and see you, and try and rope you into doing some color commentary for the radio broadcast.

Best of luck with your health, Coach.  You will certainly be in our prayers.

[Good grief.  I just remembered why I haven't been on here in a while.  I start writing and get long winded and next thing you know, it's way too late at night.]

DogsWin7

Hey Coach!  Bet you still get that game day feeling inside!   Football season is here!   pray your scan went well and get the all clear.

God Bless.

razorjacket43

Quote from: 27 Trap on June 21, 2011, 02:23:43 pm
We had a philosophy there at Wynne that "whatever our opponent did was wrong", they might load the box or do something usual but we felt that left a opening some place else for us to attack.... Had talked with Coach Calley about this and one day at the end of practice in the 2007 All Star game, Terrance Boykin , whom I called "T-Boy" walked by us  and I said that "Whatever they did is what "" and he responded "it's wrong Coach".....Kids believed in our system and its ability to find the weak spots in their defensive schemes, cannot say how important it is for the kids to believe in the Coach and his system....Always felt like we won a lot of games by "playing hard" and by thinking we were supposed to win....Did not feel we were a lot smarter than other people but we sure were simple, did not want to confuse the kids , they had to understand who they were going to block and the back had to know where to run......It's a simple game and we sure don't need to make it hard or complicated for the kids to understand, never had a play book there at Wynne, had about four plays with a lot of schemes and options off those four plays.....Always felt  like the kids needed " see the play" in their mind, get a mental picture of what was going on....My last few years I coached the "slower" I got, we never moved on to something else until we knew exactly what was going on, always felt like that a lot of people try to do too much, me included, that's we were were so successful there at the end......
Must also say this , I had a great bunch of kids to worked with over my 39 yrs of coaching , will always be indebted to them for the effort they gave  and how hard they worked, I was blessed and a lot of the credit goes to them for making things work out the way it did......Also had a lot of great assistant coaches  who worked very hard and to this day mean a lot to me,  THANKS SO MUCH....
Football is a great game and I loved it very much and it was good to me, teaches you a lot of lessons that can only be learned on the field.....

As most of you'll know I have been battling cancer the last few years, had surgery to remove a spot on my lungs about three weeks ago, things went well, they had to take a rib out to get in there to the spot and I have been a little sore over that but I still get out and try to walked a couple of miles each day.....Last night one of my friends called and said that this lady whom I knew well from taking chemo treatments had passed away, my thought and prayers are with her family....We need to realize that good health is a gift from God and we should be thankful , also don't take life for granted , use each day to it's fulllest and enjoy the time we have here on this earth....Have received so many cards and calls from friends, former players and students wishing me the best, it has truly been a blessing to me in hearing from them.....Remember a saying I heard many years ago at FCA Conference, "You only one life, will soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last".  There is a lot of truth to that, just a challenge to let your light shine before others so that they might see what life is all about.....
Coach you taught me alot about life more than football. What you taught me in football transended into my life practices. Everytime i start something i always have the attitude that i am gonna be the best at it or die trying. You as well as the assistants on your staff like coach Shempert would never let us quit on ourselves and told us we were better than the other team. I would like to personally thank you for that and will be praying for your health to improve.

tmycjy

Quote from: 27 Trap on August 26, 2012, 11:37:35 pm
Quote from: morriltondevildog on August 03, 2012, 10:49:48 pm
Hope all is well coach!

Am feeling well, plan on going to some games this week, ready to go.......Having a Pet Scan on Wednesday, hope everything is clear and no sign of any cancer......
Hope to make it to game when you'll play here.....

hope u make the Wynne VR Vilonia game coach if not you got  prayers in wynne

True Believer

Sending prayers for you Coach.  Hope you get to as many games as you feel like it this year. 

whippersnapper

Coach Campbell got a great report from his scan today. No signs of any cancer!!! :D

27 Trap

Quote from: whippersnapper on September 12, 2012, 09:37:16 pm
Coach Campbell got a great report from his scan today. No signs of any cancer!!! :D

That is true, had a appointment with my Doctor on Wednesday about the results of Pet Scan, everything looked good, no hot spots, PTL.......they put me on maintenance program, takes about fifty minutes and I go in every three weeks, not bad and this gives me a better chance of the cancer not coming back....... will be four years in November, has been a battle , lots of up and downs, thanks for all your "PRAYERS",  HAS BEEN A BLESSING .....KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS...

Eddie Goodson

That cancer didn't know it was in for a fight against a ball coach who doesn't like to lose. It doesn't stand a chance.

DogsWin7

Quote from: 27 Trap on September 13, 2012, 08:16:50 pm
Quote from: whippersnapper on September 12, 2012, 09:37:16 pm

That is true, had a appointment with my Doctor on Wednesday about the results of Pet Scan, everything looked good, no hot spots, PTL.......they put me on maintenance program, takes about fifty minutes and I go in every three weeks, not bad and this gives me a better chance of the cancer not coming back....... will be four years in November, has been a battle , lots of up and downs, thanks for all your "PRAYERS",  HAS BEEN A BLESSING .....KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS...

We Will!  God Bless!

DogsWin7

Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.  Lamentations 3:22

True Believer

27 Trap

Quote from: True Believer on September 30, 2012, 10:01:26 pm
God is good. 

Going in Wednesday for a maintenance treatment, takes about a hour.....also need them to check on a hernia that has developed on my left side, the thought of having to go through surgery again  does not make me happy.....had one about three years ago and it was a tough surgery....have been cut on enough these last four years but I guess that I will do whatever the Doctors think is best....LIKE I ALWAYS TOLD MY PLAYERS, JUST SUCK IT UP AND GET AFTER IT, SO THAT'S WHAT I WILL DO....... So please keep my in your "Prayers".....

DogsWin7

October 02, 2012, 11:37:43 am #225 Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 11:44:27 am by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: 27 Trap on October 01, 2012, 10:50:32 pm
God is good. 

Going in Wednesday for a maintenance treatment, takes about a hour.....also need them to check on a hernia that has developed on my left side, the thought of having to go through surgery again  does not make me happy.....had one about three years ago and it was a tough surgery....have been cut on enough these last four years but I guess that I will do whatever the Doctors think is best....LIKE I ALWAYS TOLD MY PLAYERS, JUST SUCK IT UP AND GET AFTER IT, SO THAT'S WHAT I WILL DO....... So please keep my in your "Prayers".....

Always in my prayers Coach!    Pray without ceasing. 1Thessalonians 5:17

You can do it with God!   Go COACH! :)

27 Trap

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 20, 2012, 01:54:46 pm
Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,

Am having surgery done at UAMS on Monday, they are supposed to call me today and let me know time......Developed a hernia from where they took out part of my liver, the Doctor said I will be in hospital from 1-2 days if everything goes well, let's PRAY IT DOES.....This will be my fifth surgery in the last four years, sure am tired of being cut on but I have to get this  repaired........

Know this is exciting time of year as Conference Championships and playoff berths are on the line, wish all the players, coaches and fans good luck as we get close to post season play..

KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS , THAT EVERYTHING GOES WELL AND I CAN GET BACK TO WATCHING HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.....JOSHUA 1:9

I LOVE FOOTBALL, LOVE FRIDAY NIGHT WHEN YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A WIN AND SATURDAY MORNING WHEN YOU FIND IT...(RADIO)

DogsWin7

Quote from: 27 Trap on October 19, 2012, 11:50:58 am

Am having surgery done at UAMS on Monday, they are supposed to call me today and let me know time......Developed a hernia from where they took out part of my liver, the Doctor said I will be in hospital from 1-2 days if everything goes well, let's PRAY IT DOES.....This will be my fifth surgery in the last four years, sure am tired of being cut on but I have to get this  repaired........

Know this is exciting time of year as Conference Championships and playoff berths are on the line, wish all the players, coaches and fans good luck as we get close to post season play..

KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS , THAT EVERYTHING GOES WELL AND I CAN GET BACK TO WATCHING HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.....JOSHUA 1:9

I LOVE FOOTBALL, LOVE FRIDAY NIGHT WHEN YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A WIN AND SATURDAY MORNING WHEN YOU FIND IT...(RADIO)

I will!    It will be ok, you are in God's hands. :)

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

whippersnapper

Good luck coach! Hopefully you can make a playoff game or two to watch

DogsWin7

Quote from: 27 Trap on October 19, 2012, 11:50:58 am

Hope and pray everything is going ok.   Still in my prayers.   Feel better soon!

27 Trap

God is good. 

Made it through the surgery on Oct. 22nd and I got the drain tube and staples out last Thursday, am healing up now and trying to get strength  back ....Was able to attend the Greenbrier vs Vilonia game last Thursday, good game , was not decided until the fourth quarter.....Hope to attend playoff game this Friday, wish all the teams best of luck, it's an  exciting time of the year, nothing like High School football......

InYoGrill

November 07, 2012, 09:29:08 pm #231 Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:43:43 pm by InYoGrill
Quote from: 27 Trap on November 07, 2012, 08:43:11 pm
God is good. 

Made it through the surgery on Oct. 22nd and I got the drain tube and staples out last Thursday, am healing up now and trying to get strength  back ....Was able to attend the Greenbrier vs Vilonia game last Thursday, good game , was not decided until the fourth quarter.....Hope to attend playoff game this Friday, wish all the teams best of luck, it's an  exciting time of the year, nothing like High School football......

Yes Sir, Coach! Love this time of year but it flys tooooo fast every year. Those that attend games, think about volunteering in your program IF you have time and desire to help. There are always plenty of opportunities to help. I like to help on the press box when i have the time to do it. Hope you continue to get well Coach! You to Pervis!!

Lions84

That is good news Coach! More prayers from the Delta for you and your family.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: 27 Trap on November 07, 2012, 08:43:11 pm
God is good. 

Coach, that is fantastic! A lot of good games to chose from this Friday.

deltahog66

Hey coach, I haven't seen you in several years but I hope you continue to improve.  Played for you on the 04 team.  You touched a lot of peoples lives and helped to make them good men.  I speak for all of us from the 04 state team, thank you for all that you did and you will always be in our prayers.  Hopefully, I will see you soon watching the jackets.   

"RUN IT AGAIN!!"    D. C.   

Uncle Ivan

Coach is in Wynne today watching the Jackets play Morrilton.  Did an interview at halftime; he sounded good.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 16, 2012, 08:39:53 pm
Coach is in Wynne today watching the Jackets play Morrilton.  Did an interview at halftime; he sounded good.

Glad to hear that "The General" was in attendance!

27 Trap

Had a great time, visiting with friends and players from years past, Congratulations to the Jackets, really got after them the second half, the defense really play well and the offense got to rolling in the second half, they have some weapons on offense and the defense can run, a hard combination to beat....Best of luck next week against Camden Fairview......ONCE A JACKET, ALWAYS A JACKET....
Specal thanks to Mrs. Ward and Mrs Roberts who he

27 Trap

Quote from: 27 Trap on November 17, 2012, 09:40:05 am

Had a great time, visiting with friends and players from years past, Congratulations to the Jackets, really got after them the second half, the defense really play well and the offense got to rolling in the second half, they have some weapons on offense and the defense can run, a hard combination to beat....Best of luck next week against Camden Fairview......ONCE A JACKET, ALWAYS A JACKET..

Specal thanks to Mrs. Ward and Mrs Roberts , teachers who heard me on the radio at halftime and came up to the Press Box  to say hello, it made my day, we had some great teachers there at Wynne and it was a honor to be a part of the faculty......Lots of great memories and some great friends.....

chaingang

November 18, 2012, 01:39:36 pm #239 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:11:18 pm by chaingang
Quote from: deltahog66 on November 16, 2012, 09:43:08 am
Hey coach, I haven't seen you in several years but I hope you continue to improve.  Played for you on the 04 team.  You touched a lot of peoples lives and helped to make them good men.  I speak for all of us from the 04 state team, thank you for all that you did and you will always be in our prayers.  Hopefully, I will see you soon watching the jackets.   

"RUN IT AGAIN!!"    D. C.
When I read this I laughed out loud......I was lucky enough to have two sons play for ''THE GENERAL''.......and I also was fortunate to be on the sidelines all the time Coach was in Wynne........I heard lots of sayings and quotes from Coach and kinda took him for granted. He was one of the best in the state and he was in Wynne and we were better for it. My oldest son played for Coach in ''96'' ''97'' and ''98''. My youngest was lucky enough to play on the 2001 team and see us win State that year, but as fate would have it neither one played on the ''99'' and ''2000'' teams which I still say were two of the best teams I had ever seen on a football field.......both losing out in the 3rd round to Alma and Hope and I think they both went on to win state too. My oldest came in one day and as usual I asked him how practice had gone since I couldn't make it by to watch them that day......( some days you could count as many as 80 cars parked and watching the JACKETS practice ). He said it was ok but they had run a play a bunch that day .....he said he had run that play for six years since the 7th grade.....''I know what and where everyone's blocking assignment is and can do it in my sleep''. I said ''what was the problem then'' and he said ''when we ran it about 6 or 7 times I asked some guys in the huddle how many times we had run it and everyone said the same....so I started counting and we ran it 22 more times''. After running it over and over and over either someone wasn't blocking the right guy or the guard wasn't pulling fast enough or the back was to deep in the backfield.........Coach would say the same thing.....''RUN IT AGAIN''!!!!!!  Finally my son said ( and he doesn't embellish as much as I do) ,  Coach said, '' forget it you dumbheads we will run again tomorrow till we get it right '',and they did and they did get it right. Coach I enjoyed seeing you and Chris Friday nite and you looked great.......Cancer had no idea what it was doing by coming to your front door. Hope you can come back to the CF game this week so you can set up in the pressbox and eat some of Chris Y's burnt popcorn........HAHA

whippersnapper

I want to ask for some prayers for Coach. He told me last week he is going to get a spot checked on his liver today.

Paw-Paw

Praying that all went well!

DogsWin7

Continued prayers Coach.  I pray all has went well.

27 Trap

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on December 21, 2012, 03:06:39 pm

They called me this morning about the biopsy, GREAT NEWS, no sign of cancer on the liver , that was the best Christmas present I could ever wish for...... I am happy  and thrilled, PTL, thanks so much for all the Prayers, God is still in control and has blessed me again.....Phil 4:4, Rejoice , again I say Rejoice

Paw-Paw

Quote from: 27 Trap on December 28, 2012, 10:46:09 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on December 21, 2012, 03:06:39 pm

They called me this morning about the biopsy, GREAT NEWS, no sign of cancer on the liver , that was the best Christmas present I could ever wish for...... I am happy  and thrilled, PTL, thanks so much for all the Prayers, God is still in control and has blessed me again.....Phil 4:4, Rejoice , again I say Rejoice

FANTASTIC!

bleudog

Quote from: 27 Trap on December 28, 2012, 10:46:09 pm

+ ∞

True Believer

Great news Coach!!   God is good.

DogsWin7

DogsWin7

Hope and pray everything is going well!  Not that much longer till football season!  :)

27 Trap

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 18, 2013, 10:16:50 am
Hope and pray everything is going well!  Not that much longer till football season!  :)

Got great news this week from Pet Scan.....am cancer free according to scan PTL.....will be taking another one in three months, if it looks good will go to four and then upward according to Doctor.......Best news I have heard in a long time.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas