• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston vs Lamar

Started by Kitty01, January 21, 2015, 08:12:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

#EagleStrong

Geez CL, what a troll. You make me cheer for Charleston. That's saying something from a Paris fan.

And attempt to show a little grace in defeat Dynasty, just a little. You don't have to deal with defeat that often anyways. How is what you're posting on here right now any better than teenagers on twitter? Why do you expect everyone to cheer for you against their own self-interest? You thought they were going to pull for Charleston to stay ahead in the standings? Or did you expect them to take no interest in a game with major conference implications? Or, as I strongly suspect, are you just trolling and grasping at straws to find false piety after a loss? Way to take the moral high ground. I have mutual respect with 12th Man, and his reaction was largely knee jerk. His analyses are generally fair and accurate. All you're doing is whining and denigrating fans and players from another school. Even as a Paris fan, I have jumped to Charleston's defense repeatedly and will continue to do so. Do not let this thread devolve into another shoutfest like the CHS-PHS game thread. The Lamar game is over. Move on.

The Dynasty

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 22, 2015, 09:44:16 am
Geez CL, what a troll. You make me cheer for Charleston. That's saying something from a Paris fan.

And attempt to show a little grace in defeat Dynasty, just a little. You don't have to deal with defeat that often anyways. How is what you're posting on here right now any better than teenagers on twitter? Why do you expect everyone to cheer for you against their own self-interest? You thought they were going to pull for Charleston to stay ahead in the standings? Or did you expect them to take no interest in a game with major conference implications? Or, as I strongly suspect, are you just trolling and grasping at straws to find false piety after a loss? Way to take the moral high ground. I have mutual respect with 12th Man, and his reaction was largely knee jerk. His analyses are generally fair and accurate. All you're doing is whining and denigrating fans and players from another school. Even as a Paris fan, I have jumped to Charleston's defense repeatedly and will continue to do so. Do not let this thread devolve into another shoutfest like the CHS-PHS game thread. The Lamar game is over. Move on.

1) I don't need nor did I ask for your respect.
2) Find one thing that I said to take away from what Lamar did last night. No excuses. They were the better team and deserved to win.
3) Maybe I'm missing something but what would be wrong with Paris players going to the game and watching without outwardly cheering for either team? It's just common sense. Do you not think C'town took note of Paris' actions last night? Let me answer that for you. They did and they won't forget it.
4) I never said anything about kids on Twitter. Don't have a clue what was said on there. I could care less.

I find it funny that Paris is so enthralled in the demise of Charleston that they celebrate another teams victory during and after the game. I literally cannot wait until we play Paris in a couple of weeks.

#EagleStrong

You're just further proving my point. Why would they be neutral observers? They had a stake in the outcome of that game in terms of the conference standings. But whatever, there's no point in us carrying on like this. Good luck against Danville.

The Dynasty

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 22, 2015, 10:21:50 am
You're just further proving my point. Why would they be neutral observers? They had a stake in the outcome of that game in terms of the conference standings. But whatever, there's no point in us carrying on like this. Good luck against Danville.

Ditto.

The Chief CL

ChucktownTiger why don't you guys just saddle up and play the jr high.  I'm afraid you wouldn't be happy with that decision.    And as for eaglestrong don't be all bent out of shape because I called this game.  I said Lamar would win and it happened.    Lets just face the facts Charleston is a "football" school.  And Paris is just a middle of the pack sports school.  As for Lamar, I can remember some slobber knocker barn burners in the girls games.  Back in the 90's. Lamar had a really really good girl back in the early 90's but I can't remember her name for nothing.

BigMan15

You do realize u post more on our board than ur own...u beat Paris congrats ur not top 5 in 1A..Paris is top 5 in 3A..i hope u beating paris twice this year is something u can pass down to ur grandkids...life goes on..as for charleston its really not a bad loss..lamar is a solid team and playing at lamar is tough..charleston still controls their own destiny..looking forward to our trip to charleston soon but we still have some tough games first..

The Chief CL

I post on here more because there is very seldom and CL talk on the 1A boards.  If you find another CL poster please point him out to me.  And PS you need to get ahold of your boys twitter acct and control it   If I was his coach he would fine splinters in his butt for those actions.

The Dynasty

Quote from: The Chief CL on January 22, 2015, 10:57:20 am
I post on here more because there is very seldom and CL talk on the 1A boards.  If you find another CL poster please point him out to me.  And PS you need to get ahold of your boys twitter acct and control it   If I was his coach he would fine splinters in his butt for those actions.

That's what they don't get. Someone needs to tell them that Paris didn't beat Charleston last night. Lamar did!!!!!!!

Clara Allen

BigMan15

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 22, 2015, 11:31:43 am

That's what they don't get. Someone needs to tell them that Paris didn't beat Charleston last night. Lamar did!!!!!!!
First conference game charleston lost in a long time why wouldnt they be excited..paris controls their own destiny now..same thing can be said of why charleston acted like they won the state championship...remember u shouldnt have been surprised because charleston doesnt lose to Paris..

cdelaney

Wow, feels like I've been transported back to Jr High, only even better cuz we didn't have Twitter back then

baller5

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on January 22, 2015, 08:28:06 am
Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 22, 2015, 08:14:35 am
Quote from: The Chief CL on January 22, 2015, 07:27:30 am
Well folks,  I just call it like I see it.   We just know bball down here in lil ole CL.  Would have loved to watch this game last night.   O & Kitty you guys don't want any of the top 5 or maybe top 7 teams in the smallest classification in the state.

Stop. The guys that were out there making plays for Lamar didn't play against County Line. I was at that game, I saw it firsthand. I've been a big advocate for County Line, but that is an extremely unfair comparison. And for the record, Danville, who will likely be fifth in the conference by week's end, beat Wonderview, who your boys couldn't handle, if you really want to compare results. But, I think the Charleston fans on here know that all you're doing is trolling them and trying to get a rise out of them.

CL has always been jealous and in envy of Chaleston. That's just how it goes Eaglestrong. I actually live in Indian Country. They pretty much dream of being a Tiger.
First off I went to county line many many years ago. I have kids that go to county line and I have never been jealous of anyone from Charleston or Paris. my kids have friends from both schools. I also don't anyone from county line that dreamed of being a tiger.

The Dynasty

Quote from: baller5 on January 22, 2015, 12:50:41 pm
Well folks,  I just call it like I see it.   We just know bball down here in lil ole CL.  Would have loved to watch this game last night.   O & Kitty you guys don't want any of the top 5 or maybe top 7 teams in the smallest classification in the state.

Stop. The guys that were out there making plays for Lamar didn't play against County Line. I was at that game, I saw it firsthand. I've been a big advocate for County Line, but that is an extremely unfair comparison. And for the record, Danville, who will likely be fifth in the conference by week's end, beat Wonderview, who your boys couldn't handle, if you really want to compare results. But, I think the Charleston fans on here know that all you're doing is trolling them and trying to get a rise out of them.

CL has always been jealous and in envy of Chaleston. That's just how it goes Eaglestrong. I actually live in Indian Country. They pretty much dream of being a Tiger.
First off I went to county line many many years ago. I have kids that go to county line and I have never been jealous of anyone from Charleston or Paris. my kids have friends from both schools. I also don't anyone from county line that dreamed of being a tiger.

Robinsons
Corleys
Brothertons
Whites
Vests
Curbows

Shall I continue?

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 22, 2015, 11:40:11 am
Quote from: The Dynasty on January 22, 2015, 11:31:43 am

First conference game charleston lost in a long time why wouldnt they be excited..paris controls their own destiny now..same thing can be said of why charleston acted like they won the state championship...remember u shouldnt have been surprised because charleston doesnt lose to Paris..

Once again Paris celebrated another team doing something you guys and gals couldn't. But whatever....

And you're right we don't lose to Paris. That being said our celebration should let you know how fun it is beating you guys all the time. It literally never gets old.

The Chief CL

Easy Dynasty. You obviously don't know as many CL folk as you think.  :)

Longfellow

I wonder if there is any room for an actual discussion about basketball and not just senseless bickering about who cheered for who and who said what on Twitter or why charleston is better than county line and all the Indians want to be tigers. None of this crap changes the outcome of the game. Lamar won. Charleston lost. There is no sense in getting truly upset about something you saw on a high school kids Twitter. I was in high school once. It was like 9 months ago. I know how stupid high school kids are. They don't think before they act. I think we should all just look ahead to Friday's contests and act like human beings

The Chief CL

Well Mr. Deeds, this is Fearless Friday.  Where there is no place for reasonable discussion.    But thanks for your concern.  In the words of Paul Harvey. "Good day"

The Dynasty

Quote from: Longfellow on January 22, 2015, 01:04:54 pm
I wonder if there is any room for an actual discussion about basketball and not just senseless bickering about who cheered for who and who said what on Twitter or why charleston is better than county line and all the Indians want to be tigers. None of this crap changes the outcome of the game. Lamar won. Charleston lost. There is no sense in getting truly upset about something you saw on a high school kids Twitter. I was in high school once. It was like 9 months ago. I know how stupid high school kids are. They don't think before they act. I think we should all just look ahead to Friday's contests and act like human beings

I know you are but what am I.

Just kidding. The CL stuff is just for fun. The Paris stuff will be dealt with on the 6th of February.

McCanns and Sewells as well Chief!!!!!

The Chief CL

Don't forget about little Mikey Roberds and the Jr high kid.  Chase Ewing both of his parents were in the tribe.   Carson got his kids up there.  I guess your right everybody wants to be a tiger.

Longfellow

Just now realized looking at the schedule, the 1-3 seeds will be decided between February 6th-13th. Charleston at Paris on the 6th, Paris at TR on the 10th, and Charleston at TR on the 13th. That's a big 7 days for the 3A-4.

BigMan15

Okay so let me get this right ur not aloowed to cheer on teams anymore unless u go to that school?? To act so nice to my family while i was in charleston and even now acting all nice when i see u out..then on here u talk bad about paris and my family..true charleston person i suppose..glad ur whole family not that way..

The Chief CL

BigMan15

The Dynasty

January 22, 2015, 01:46:33 pm #73 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:56:13 pm by The Dynasty
Quote from: BigMan15 on January 22, 2015, 01:25:36 pm
Okay so let me get this right ur not aloowed to cheer on teams anymore unless u go to that school?? To act so nice to my family while i was in charleston and even now acting all nice when i see u out..then on here u talk bad about paris and my family..true charleston person i suppose..glad ur whole family not that way..

Here we go.....

Never said anything bad about you or your kids. You are barking up the wrong tree. Now me talking about Paris is a different story.

In fact I'm not doing this garbage on here. If you want to talk about that PM me.

#EagleStrong

How about those Red Devils, am I right?

RTF

WOW... this thread is garbage.... needed to be locked a long time ago. County line, Paris, Lamar, Charleston are all great public school systems. I have met a lot of smart intelligent kids from all of them.. GROW UP people! Sports do not determine who is best or worst. (extracurricular activities)

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: baller5 on January 22, 2015, 12:50:41 pm

Easy ballet it was a joke to CL Cheif. I live in CL area and work here. Just having some fun with the chief. Like I said before, my dads a CL alum. I get the whole awesome greatness 20 years ago. But admit it, everyone deep down wants to be a tiger

The Dynasty

I'm starting lent early and giving up Fearless hopefully for good. Y'all have fun.

ChucktownTiger

As far as the CL talk. It's all in good fun for me. With good friends and family in both schools, it's fun to talk about. I've heard it for years, spending my summers with my grandparents and going to patersons for a sandwich at lunch or to the Han d way for some gas. Lots of history and fun to bicker over.

Now for Paris. Im not even going to address Bigmans personal attacks at the Dynasty and the citizens of Charleston as a whole. He's just not worth it. Charleston got beat by Lamar period. No excuses can be made and congrats to Lamar for a great game. Lamar is tough at home and will be when they make the trip to Ctown. As far as Paris rooting for Lamar  I get that. Lots of things riding on that game and Paris needed Ctown to lose that one to keep 1st place for them alive. However I think people's problem comes with the way you celebrated at the game and on social media. Classless and unsportsmanlike!!!! However it's what people have come to expect. Im not surprised or bothered by Paris. I think the way they acted will just fuel the Tigers and hurt the Eagles when they come to the TIGER CENTER. Good Luck to Lamar the rest of the way. Looks to be a lot on the line at the next meeting. On to Danville, which looks
To be a good one. Paris, we'll see us the 6th. Keep it up
And keep faning the flames!

baller5

Its all fun and games, I'm good. Do you remember that famous Joe burger? All that ham. So wish I had one right now.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: baller5 on January 22, 2015, 04:18:54 pm
Its all fun and games, I'm good. Do you remember that famous Joe burger? All that ham. So wish I had one right now.

Best lunch around!!!! Enough ham for two sandwiches

BigMan15

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on January 22, 2015, 03:09:22 pm
As far as the CL talk. It's all in good fun for me. With good friends and family in both schools, it's fun to talk about. I've heard it for years, spending my summers with my grandparents and going to patersons for a sandwich at lunch or to the Han d way for some gas. Lots of history and fun to bicker over.

Now for Paris. Im not even going to address Bigmans personal attacks at the Dynasty and the citizens of Charleston as a whole. He's just not worth it. Charleston got beat by Lamar period. No excuses can be made and congrats to Lamar for a great game. Lamar is tough at home and will be when they make the trip to Ctown. As far as Paris rooting for Lamar  I get that. Lots of things riding on that game and Paris needed Ctown to lose that one to keep 1st place for them alive. However I think people's problem comes with the way you celebrated at the game and on social media. Classless and unsportsmanlike!!!! However it's what people have come to expect. Im not surprised or bothered by Paris. I think the way they acted will just fuel the Tigers and hurt the Eagles when they come to the TIGER CENTER. Good Luck to Lamar the rest of the way. Looks to be a lot on the line at the next meeting. On to Danville, which looks
To be a good one. Paris, we'll see us the 6th. Keep it up
And keep faning the flames!
[/quote

Dynasty and i are good now as i apolgized to him personally..now as for paris fans after the game on social media it was real bad after the paris game as well from both sides..personally i think its due to the league now somewhat competive every night which is good for the conference..i have been on both sides of the fence so i understand both sides..should be a great season and we are all looking forward to the rest of the year..good luck to yall.

fbisgreat

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on January 22, 2015, 05:19:04 am
Lord you people need to calm down!
Lamar boys came out like they were on fire.  Good team effort.  And smothering defense.   At times Charleston looked     I don't know how they looked!  Their coach got a technical early in the second quarter and one of their guards took a hard fall and hurt his knee.  He came back in and played but you could tell it hurt.  A Tiger dad was escorted out shortly before halftime.   Lamar's lead never got to 20 points.  Charleston would fight back to six or seven down then the Warriors would hit a three or get fouled after a made shot.   In all honesty I saw no more bad or non calls than I've seen all year.   
The Lady Warriors on the other hand, took control early and never looked back.   These girls are on a mission and played lights out
Now I could be wrong but I heard that guard that got hurt was King could be out the rest of the year.

Clara Allen

I don't know who the young man was. When we got over to charleston, he was on crutches. 

#EagleStrong

I wish Taylor a speedy recovery. Hopefully he isn't done for the year.

BigMan15

Hes a tough kid i cant see him down for the year his senior year..

TigerMan2005

Did Lamar have football players in December when a sub-par Lincoln team beat them by 20? I'm suspecting they didn't watching Lincoln play

#EagleStrong

Quote from: TigerMan2005 on January 24, 2015, 07:11:23 pm
Did Lamar have football players in December when a sub-par Lincoln team beat them by 20? I'm suspecting they didn't watching Lincoln play

I believe it was one of their first games with the football players back, but they were there. That's tricky business using that as a litmus test.

Paris dominated Lincoln from the tip (23-9 after first quarter). Charleston beat them by about 10 without their football players. Paris beat Lamar handily (up 17 at halftime). Charleston beat Paris at Paris 65-60. Lamar lost to Lincoln by 22 (Logan County Bank Holiday Classic at Scranton).

And then Lamar beat Charleston. Weird stuff.

TigerMan2005

This is why I love small school basketball! lol

ChucktownTiger

Does Paris play on Thursday this week as well? If not I was wondering how many players would be in the Lamar student section? Tiger Center should be packed!

Clara Allen

I had planned to stay home Thursday night, but I think maybe I'll rethink my decision. I will bring duct tape for unruly people close to me.  For their mouths, I mean......

#EagleStrong

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on January 27, 2015, 10:57:53 am
Does Paris play on Thursday this week as well? If not I was wondering how many players would be in the Lamar student section? Tiger Center should be packed!

Ha, Paris plays on Thursday as well, so no worries. For what it's worth, even if they weren't, they would likely cheer for Charleston. It's in their best interests now to have the other teams in conference lose so that it all comes down to the Paris @ Charleston game and they can secure the two-seed at district regardless. They needed Charleston to lose one game in conference so they had at least a chance of winning the conference outright. That's done, so from now on they should hope for Charleston to keep winning.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 27, 2015, 12:06:47 pm

Ha, Paris plays on Thursday as well, so no worries. For what it's worth, even if they weren't, they would likely cheer for Charleston. It's in their best interests now to have the other teams in conference lose so that it all comes down to the Paris @ Charleston game and they can secure the two-seed at district regardless. They needed Charleston to lose one game in conference so they had at least a chance of winning the conference outright. That's done, so from now on they should hope for Charleston to keep winning.

I hope we keep winning too! Especially the 6th :)

BigMan15

Both teams play on thursday due to jr high playing each other friday @ charleston

WPWells

Dates are switched due to State Beta Convention this weekend. Most high schools around the state play on Thursday this week

ChucktownTiger

Sounds like it was a good one in Lamar last night. I guess Paris didn't enjoy this trip as much as they did last week to watch the Charleston Game. Thursday looks to be a great one. So Lamar has lost to Paris once and Danville Once?

Longfellow

chuckBB

I am definitely disappointed in Paris not showing up Thursday. They should cancel their game to watch our game. Darn it!

Kitty01

Should be a great gm I see ctown winning by 10

#EagleStrong

Quote from: chuckBB on January 28, 2015, 06:29:38 pm

I am definitely disappointed in Paris not showing up Thursday. They should cancel their game to watch our game. Darn it!

We'll be with you in spirit.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas