• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

charleston vs two rivers sr boys tonight

Started by Gators rule, January 16, 2015, 11:54:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gators rule

Can anyone give updates tonight and your thoughts on the big showdown

WPWells

I'll say Charleston by 10 because of the home court. I'm happy to give updates

#EagleStrong

I would have given TR a chance to keep it close, but I think the close call last night against Danville woke Charleston up a bit. And they'll get up for it with the hype around the game. I'd say 10 points is a good call 12th.

BigMan15

I will go with two rivers by 10 ward scores 35 but smith gets under 10 and fouls out....should be a great game..ill be there for sure..lol..im sure ill have tons of friends waiting at the door..lol

Longfellow

You can sit with me bigman. Just look for the really loud guy in the two rivers hat

WPWells

cwilson250733

BigMan15

Ill be on the vistor side qith a black jacket with my younger son we will probably sit near the front

WPWells

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 16, 2015, 06:43:23 pm
Ill be on the vistor side qith a black jacket with my younger son we will probably sit near the front
Charleston not Booneville?

WPWells

WPWells

WPWells

WPWells

Charleston pulled away late and won 82-57

ViewFromAbove

What kind of dad misses his own son play to watch Charleston vs Two Rivers? Amazing.

The Chief CL

BigMan15

Quote from: ViewFromAbove on January 16, 2015, 09:53:47 pm
What kind of dad misses his own son play to watch Charleston vs Two Rivers? Amazing.
Because paris played booneville..i had to go to charleston anyway plus we play two rivers on tuesday..

Eagle fan #3

NOT COOL! Really none of your business why someone does what they do! I wish somebody would ask me why I do or don't do something for MY child.....bet

Longfellow

Just my thoughts on the game, Garot Brimm, who is our main outside scoring threat, couldn't get shots to fall and that really hurt Two Rivers and kept them from spreading the floor and getting easier drives to the basket. I thought that are rebounding, especially on the defensive glass, was atrocious. Our defense went soft in the fourth quarter and allowed the Tigers easy buckets in the paint. On the officiating end, I thought the game was refereed poorly on both sides, But I don't think it got out of hand. I will say, Charleston was on the receiving end of some very iffy foul calls. Two of the three posts for two rivers were fouled out of the game. I thought some of these calls were very poor to say the least, but at the end of the night, the Tigers hit shots when they needed to, and that is why they won

CincyGuyintheFort

January 17, 2015, 02:11:32 pm #19 Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 02:15:31 pm by CincyGuyintheFort
Yeah, too many whistles I agree. But after that 26-4 fourth quarter, it dont matter. It was a good , up and down game thru the end of the 3rd. Heck, it was 57-54 starring the 4th. Then Two Rivers got cold and Charleston got super hot starting the 4th.
Obviously CHS was impressive pitting up 82, but the first 3Q , especially since I knew nothing about TRHS, they impressed me with their offense.
Matt Ward had only 17, A. Smith was the high scorer with 26, he played great on the boards and on put backs especially. CHS had 6 players with 8+ points, that don't happen at the high school level too often.
Charleston is zero doubt the best team in that league and still for my $, when bringing there A game, well more realistically, when Ward brings his A game
they are the best 3a team in the state.

Total
Two Rivers   21  12   20   4      57
Charleston   19  19   18   26     82

CincyGuyintheFort

I am just curious as to what insecurities you have yourself to be able to post a comment like that on a public forum questioning another mans fathering? Totally disrespectful

neds

CincyGuy do you have Charleston winning it all in 3A boys this year?

CincyGuyintheFort

January 18, 2015, 09:14:10 am #22 Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:21:16 am by CincyGuyintheFort
If I had to pick right now yes. I think Matthew Ward is the best pure scorer in all of 3a(and top 5 in the state) he can put up 40 any given night and win a game himself, and having someone of that caliber in 3a is such an advantage.
I am not completely sold on Episcopal. Granted all I know really of any of these teams is what I have seen and read only this season, but I just feel their not as great as a lot of people think, and can, and i think come state time, will get beat. Still darn good tho.
  I also like Flippin. I think they got a chance too. If I was ranking who I think will win it all. I'd go; Charleston, Episcopal barely ahead of Flippin. Just my thoughts...

DogsWin7

Quote from: neds on January 18, 2015, 08:47:01 am
CincyGuy do you have Charleston winning it all in 3A boys this year?
Do you? 

cdelaney

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 18, 2015, 09:14:10 am
If I had to pick right now yes. I think Matthew Ward is the best pure scorer in all of 3a(and top 5 in the state) he can put up 40 any given night and win a game himself, and having someone of that caliber in 3a is such an advantage.
I am not completely sold on Episcopal. Granted all I know really of any of these teams is what I have seen and read only this season, but I just feel their not as great as a lot of people think, and can, and i think come state time, will get beat. Still darn good tho.
  I also like Flippin. I think they got a chance too. If I was ranking who I think will win it all. I'd go; Charleston, Episcopal barely ahead of Flippin. Just my thoughts...
Have you seen ECS play this year? If not, I expect your opinion will change when you do. They are better than last year. I am not sure that can be said about Charleston based on who they lost off last years team, but I have not seen them play. No one is unbeatable, but if they play decently they should repeat this year.

neds

think

Quote from: cdelaney on January 18, 2015, 10:41:03 am
Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 18, 2015, 09:14:10 am
Have you seen ECS play this year? If not, I expect your opinion will change when you do. They are better than last year. I am not sure that can be said about Charleston based on who they lost off last years team, but I have not seen them play. No one is unbeatable, but if they play decently they should repeat this year.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. I've seen Charelston once and ECS twice. ECS has 3 guards that could go for 30 on any given night and probably avg 20-25 if they were on a team where they were the focus. The Gooseberry twins are as tough inside as any tandem in the state regardless of classification. Of course, this doesn't mean they aren't beatable but I think it will take them having an off night and the other team playing much better than average.

Kitty01

As of now charleston isn't as good as last year but good coaching will have them in it at the end

The Chief CL

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas