• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Games/Scores for 1/16/15

Started by bulldog42, January 16, 2015, 08:10:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog42

January 16, 2015, 08:10:23 am Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 03:08:48 pm by bulldog42
Here are the games for tonight 1/16/15 per AHSAA. * denotes conference games.  Please use this thread to report scores. 

3A1W
Elkins @ Cedarville *
West Fork @ Haas Hall *
Lavaca @ Mansfield *

3A1E
Bergman @ Mt View *
Cotter @ Flippin *
Green Forest @ Melbourne *
Marshall @ Yellville-Summit *

3A2
Cedar Ridge @ Bald Knob *
Barton @ Marianna Lee *
Rose Bud @ Harding Academy *

3A3
Corning @ Hoxie (Boys) *
Rivercrest @ Manila (Boys) *
Piggott @ Osceola (Boys) *

3A4
Danville @ Atkins *
Paris @ Booneville *
Two Rivers @ Charleston *

3A5
Bismarck @ BHG *
Glen Rose @ ECS *
Mayflower @ Jessieville *

3A7
Prescott @ Centerpoint *
Fouke @ Cossatot River *
Horatio @ Genoa Central *

3A8
Camden Harmony Grove @ Fordyce *
LV Lakeside @ Drew Central *
Smackover @ McGehee *

WPWells

Game of the night is TR-Charleston

#EagleStrong

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 16, 2015, 08:11:26 am
Game of the night is TR-Charleston

Agreed, but a lot of interesting and important games tonight. Return of JP Perry vs Jessieville, Prescott at Centerpoint, and McGehee at Smackover all have major conference implications. I'm sure most people on here will say Mayflower-Jessieville, but Two Rivers at Charleston is the marquee match-up to me. Battle of the brothers-in-law.

WPWells

Both teams are going in undefeated in conference

BigMan15

Charleston is coming off a 5pt win @ Paris and a 3pt win @Danville...i am going with Two Rivers by 10 tonight at Charleston..

WPWells

Of course you are. Both of those close games were on the road, and now we're at home

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 16, 2015, 08:11:26 am
Game of the night any night is _____________(fill in the blank) vsCharleston
There

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 16, 2015, 08:57:26 am
Of course you are. Both of those close games were on the road, and now we're at home
that shouldnt matter with them paris went there the day before and beat them 87-55..

CincyGuyintheFort

January 16, 2015, 09:32:47 am #8 Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:39:21 am by CincyGuyintheFort
LoL, my complete 100% homer buddy CHS. Haha.
I am going to try to pull off the double dip tonight, hopefully I avoid a speeding ticket(knock knock knock on the table) . Going from the Conway @Greenwood girls game to Charleston boys game. It is 18.2 miles on a dark county road. Maybe for my sake, the TRHS v. CHS girls game will go into OT, help me out a bit.

bobcats

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 16, 2015, 09:32:47 am
LoL, my complete 100% homer buddy CHS. Haha.
I am going to try to pull off the double dip tonight, hopefully I avoid a speeding ticket(knock knock knock on the table) . Going from the Conway @Greenwood girls game to Charleston boys game. It is 18.2 miles on a dark county road. Maybe for my sake, the TRHS v. CHS girls game will go into OT, help me out a bit.

You better speed, the game will be over by halftime.

WPWells

Not according to BigMan! Unless it's TR that will have a commanding halftime lead

bobcats

You can change the name, but it is still Planview and Ola.  They are not going to Charleston's gym and staying close.  If they do, we are over ranking Charleston.

BigMan15

So are u saying danville is just that good

WPWells

I guess there's no such thing as one team having an off night and the other playing well

BigMan you need to fill out your picks on the Killer Crossover board

bobcats

It's sounds like Charleston took a nap most of the game.

HeadTiger

Valley mercy ruled Danville this year..

BigMan15

Paris beat them twice 90-68 and 87-54

HeadTiger

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 16, 2015, 11:27:35 am
Paris beat them twice 90-68 and 87-54

Sounds like Charleston had a terrible game.

WPWells

Are we really going to nitpick a game that Charleston played poorly on the road and still won? How quickly BigMan has forgotten that Charleston went to Paris last week and defeated his beloved Eagles

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 16, 2015, 11:16:01 am
I guess there's no such thing as one team having an off night and the other playing well

BigMan you need to fill out your picks on the Killer Crossover board
I didnt realize i did that well thanks for reminding me i wouldve forgot..

Eagle fan #3

The world would be a better place if Charleston could EVER accept that they ARE NOT A PERFECT TEAM! Dear lord to read post in, pick a thread any thread, you would think they are referring to the New England Patriots or the Atlanta Hawks. I got any idea lets start a thread on guessing the number of excuses are posted anytime Charleston has a close game or better yet loses. Lol I volunteer to go through all the threads and count them an announce a winner! 😂😂

WPWells

And here's someone with no understanding of sports. I'll admit that we almost lost last night. If we had lost I would've said we had a bad game, Danville played well, and they deserved the win. I don't know how saying what truly happened in the game is making an excuse. Saying we played poorly is not an excuse

HeadTiger

No team is going to be "on" every night. Charleston is still the 2nd or 3rd best team unless they lose tonight

BigMan15

As of right now i would say ctown is still #2 mainly because nobody else except ecs has done anything that much better..but i do like the fact that we have a strong conference and that will help all of us come state time..

HeadTiger

Flippin should be in strong consideration for #2 as well.

#EagleStrong

Charleston isn't overranked if TR keeps it close. Charleston is ranked exactly where they should be barring a loss. TR is just underrated. They don't have loads of posters on here talking up the team like the others, so most people aren't aware of them, but they're a good team. Athletic and skilled, but inconsistent. On a good night they're really tough to beat.

HeadTiger

January 16, 2015, 02:13:09 pm #26 Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 02:15:38 pm by HeadTiger
Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 16, 2015, 02:09:00 pm
Charleston isn't overranked if TR keeps it close. Charleston is ranked exactly where they should be barring a loss. TR is just underrated. They don't have loads of posters on here talking up the team like the others, so most people aren't aware of them, but they're a good team. Athletic and skilled, but inconsistent. On a good night they're really tough to beat.

I don't think anyone thinks Charleston is overranked... Except maybe Eagle Fan 3

owl84

The McGehee Smackover game is actually at McGehee

bulldog42

Quote from: owl84 on January 16, 2015, 02:44:57 pm
Got it fixed, thanks.

HawgBall06

Quote from: owl84 on January 16, 2015, 02:44:57 pm

I would love to know the scores of these games later tonight.

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 16, 2015, 01:02:58 pm
And here's someone with no understanding of sports. I'll admit that we almost lost last night. If we had lost I would've said we had a bad game, Danville played well, and they deserved the win. I don't know how saying what truly happened in the game is making an excuse. Saying we played poorly is not an excuse
I suppose this is reference to the 3-1-3 post. Right right after clearly breaking down exactly what was going on on the court it was obvious I have no knowledge. I'm only married to a former All-State HS basketball player that I've watched an listened to for 21 years and we have raised a college recruit football player and currently have a 3 sport starter in my home so no no I have no knowledge. Even someone that had no interest in sports would pick up a little knowledge just by the environment. But your knowledge is displayed with every post. 😝

WPWells

Nope I was talking about your post about our excuses

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: HeadTiger on January 16, 2015, 02:13:09 pm
Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 16, 2015, 02:09:00 pm

I don't think anyone thinks Charleston is overranked... Except maybe Eagle Fan 3
Incorrect....I have never denied Charleston's talent why do you think the rivalry is so strong. Any competitive team plays to beat the best. It's the FANS with the disgusting arrogance that jump on any thread, regardless of its content, an Outta no where chose to belittle every other teams talent. In my opinion a TRUE champion displays class and sportsmanship to others and can admit to both weakness and strength in their teams, ya know act like you've been there before basically. If you accept no points of improvement how to you strive to get better? And EVERY team could be better. I know I know crazy talk {insert sarcasm}

WPWells

BREAKING NEWS: Charleston is not the true 3AM football champion because Eagle fan #3 got a little bit offended by some of the things we said

neds

. . disgusting arrogance . .

Who wins tonight?

Longfellow

Well I'm gonna say that my gators pick up the win. Matthew Ward misses a three at the buzzer to tie

BigMan15

Two rivers by 10 but ward scores 35

WPWells

Eagle fan #3

Does Charleston live stream from their multi-million dollar gym?

WPWells

bulldog42

Sr girls half
Flippin 42
Cotter 9

DogsWin7

Quote from: neds on January 16, 2015, 05:23:35 pm
. . disgusting arrogance . .

Indeed......Where is RTF?    He is supposed to help keep this type of thing in line. 

bulldog42

Sr girls final
Flippin 63
Cotter 19

pioneers

Rivercrest-29
Manila-28

Chew is really getting everybody involved I expect him to come out and take over in 2nd half and for crest to pull away.

pioneers

allstatetackle

Any update on Rivercrest and Manila?

owl84

ISU7

RiverCrest. 54
Manila.        47.     Final. Chew and Williams. threw one down for the Crest. .

Radiotalker

pioneers

January 16, 2015, 08:52:44 pm #49 Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:56:50 pm by pioneers
Good game at the lions den tonight. Bad end to the game. Colts aren't top ten in my opinion manila hasn't have the athletic ability or size that colts have and colts only won by 7. If colts are too 10 then the lions have to be in the 11-15 range. That's the best shooting game I have seen the colts play to.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas