• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is this realistically possible...

Started by CincyGuyintheFort, January 15, 2015, 02:31:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CincyGuyintheFort

I am going to watch Conway @ Greenwood girls game at 6.and since that boys game is gonna be not good, I was wanting to check out the 2 River @ Charleston game@730. Now, is it realistically possible for me to make it from greenwood to Charleston by tipoff? I have never driven in that area really. So I dont know, thanks !

WPWells

Depends on how long the girls game is but I'd tend to say yes

fbisgreat

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 15, 2015, 02:31:06 pm
I am going to watch Conway @ Greenwood girls game at 6.and since that boys game is gonna be not good, I was wanting to check out the 2 River @ Charleston game@730. Now, is it realistically possible for me to make it from greenwood to Charleston by tipoff? I have never driven in that area really. So I dont know, thanks !
There's 4 games at CHS tomorrow starting with jr. high at 4;30 so the boys game might not start until 8;15 or so.

The Chief CL

When you watch Charleston play tonight you can give us your opinion on how you think that CL is a better team and would beat Charleston.  The Dynasty, ChucktownTiger and a few others think that the tigers are "unstoppable".

CincyGuyintheFort

Quote from: The Chief CL on January 16, 2015, 07:05:24 am
When you watch Charleston play tonight you can give us your opinion on how you think that CL is a better team and would beat Charleston.  The Dynasty, ChucktownTiger and a few others think that the tigers are "unstoppable".

Yes that I will deff do. I have seen Charleston play, but it was vs. FS Northside . And CHS looked pretty decent. But it was still hard to really gauge how truly good CHS is being they were playing a 7a power.
CL moved the ball soooo good and played as a team sooo good, they are obviously greatly coached over there in Branch. And Charleston has an absolute stud, one of the best pure scorers I have seen in Matthew Ward.
So dont worry I will for sure let my opinions be known about it

The Chief CL

WPWells

Skip Baymore

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 16, 2015, 10:32:59 pm
I know his take but I won't spoil it
I have a feeling, just a feeling mind you, that you are going to like it.  Im not sure.  Just a feeling.

CincyGuyintheFort

January 19, 2015, 01:50:57 am #8 Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:54:55 am by CincyGuyintheFort
Well, here is my take.....

I think County Line is the most disciplined, fundamental team I have seen all season. They move the ball great on offense, and pass up good shots for great shots, which in the high school game is a very tough thing to get your team to do, but they do it very well. And their defense is just as good. , the game I saw v. Scranton, they rarely got open looks, they earned their buckets. And Scranton even had 2 very good players who can score from anywhere anytime. And one thing that stood out to me was their weak side help defense, it was excellent . That again comes from discipline and coaching. And for them reasons I think CL makes a deep, another 1a semi final run at least I think.

Now Charleston, I have seen them 3x this season. But vs. Two Rivers  was the first one vs a school their size(other two were vs. Northside and Bryant)
And CHS offense is great, probably almost right there with Episcopal in 3a. There defense leaves a bit to be desired. I mean Two Rivers did have 55points after 3 quarters. But one thing that happened Friday night was A. Smith put up 26 and Ward only 17. If they can get that second scorer like that every game, wow I think they wud be incredibly tough to beat by any 3a or lower team. But thats prolly asking a lot.
When it comes down to it its pretty simple I think. Team vs. Team, I think CL has a very slight advantage. BUT Matthew Ward is a superstar, he is the difference I feel. At this small school level ball having a player of that caliber is such a difficult X factor to overcome. Cause he's one of the 2 or 3 best players in all of 1-2-3a ball.
And a player like that, the only way your stopping him is if you have a guy who can check him 1 on 1, and they dont, but CL dont feel bad, you gotta go up to the 6-7a level for guys who can check him 1 on 1 most likely, and even then there aren't that many.

I think both teams in their respective classes make it to the final 4. And I give CHS a  edge in the better chance to win it all. They only have 1 other real serious challenger, Episcopal, then maybe CedarRidge or Flippin with an outside shot. CL is probably one of 5-7 teams with a chance to win it all in 1a.
If these two played 10x(chs v. CL) I say Charleston takes roughly 7 of em, with a score of about  57-53. Thats just my take on it....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas