• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Ten Players in 3A

Started by BigMan15, January 15, 2015, 08:54:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

My list would be
1. Martin
2. Ward
3. Robinson
4. Chew
5. Wilks
6. Freeman
7. Reeves
8. Trusty
9. Fenner
10 Mcarley

This is without perry he would be top 3 imo...i dont know every team in 3A so give me some list and some info about team so everyone can know..

WPWells

Obviously I think Ward is number 1 but overall not a bad list

cdelaney

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 15, 2015, 08:54:14 am
My list would be
1. Martin
2. Ward
3. Robinson
4. Chew
5. Wilks
6. Freeman
7. Reeves
8. Trusty
9. Fenner
10 Mcarley

This is without perry he would be top 3 imo...i dont know every team in 3A so give me some list and some info about team so everyone can know..
I am not sure about McCarley, don't know where he plays on the court, but otherwise you don't have any post players do you? I would nominate the Geese to collectively hold down one of the 10 spots. I have not seen a better post player yet than either of them this year. Also, Kelvin Robinson may end up challenging Martin and Ward for #1 with his improvement in outside shooting this year.
Admitted ECS bias here, but just my opinion.

Longfellow

jr17

Forgetting Perry in the top 5 somewhere. I would say 4.

cdelaney

Quote from: jr17 on January 15, 2015, 09:44:46 am
I agree he is worthy of that based on last year, let's give him a week or two to get into the team flow and re-visit. Definitely talented enough to be in top 5.

#EagleStrong

I know Tanner Brunt has been having a good year at Centerpoint, but I haven't seen him personally. Also, Two Rivers, a sleeper team that currently leads 4-3A ahead of Charleston and Paris, has a kid named Logan Jones that's been putting up some numbers, but against a fairly weak schedule. Not sure if either is deserving of the top ten, but at least worthy of discussion.

BigMan15

Quote from: cdelaney on January 15, 2015, 10:08:02 am
Quote from: jr17 on January 15, 2015, 09:44:46 am
I agree he is worthy of that based on last year, let's give him a week or two to get into the team flow and re-visit. Definitely talented enough to be in top 5.
Just like i said when he plays most likely he will be top three..but he wasnt play one game with them yet..

bobcats

Smyser is the best low post player in 3A I have seen and yes I have seen the "geese".  Unless he has substantially improved his shot, no way Perry is top 5.  We played them last year and did not even guard him at the 3 point line.

BigMan15

Does he have any video online to watch and im assuming he plays for flippin

bobcats

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 15, 2015, 10:30:27 am
Does he have any video online to watch and im assuming he plays for flippin

Yes he plays for Flippin, and I don't know if he has any video online.  Maybe bulldog will know the answer to that question. 

bdog32

Reaves is top 3.   If anyone disagrees they are misinformed

BigMan15

Quote from: bobcats on January 15, 2015, 10:28:51 am
Smyser is the best low post player in 3A I have seen and yes I have seen the "geese".  Unless he has substantially improved his shot, no way Perry is top 5.  We played them last year and did not even guard him at the 3 point line.
I dont agree with u about perry..i thought he was top 5 last year

WPWells

Eagle Strong that's kinda misleading. Two Rivers leads the 3A-4 by virtue of having played more conference games

Longfellow

I would not say he is top 10, but Logan Jones is a very good player and a large part of the success Two Rivers is enjoying.

jr17

Perry may not be the best outside shooter. But he can finish at the rim as good as anyone in the state. Very tenacious defender. And see's the floor exceptionally well. He is top 5 no doubt.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 15, 2015, 10:53:29 am
Eagle Strong that's kinda misleading. Two Rivers leads the 3A-4 by virtue of having played more conference games

Oh I agree, and I fully expect them to lose that distinction after Friday. They haven't played Charleston or Paris yet, but they beat Danville and knocked off Lamar at Lamar. In my mind they've established themselves as the definitive #3 in the conference right now, in a strong conference. Jones has been the main reason for that.

WPWells

Oh I'm not saying they aren't good! I think they'll be #3 for sure and it honestly wouldn't shock me if they beat Paris when Paris comes to Ola

neds

#EagleStrong

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 15, 2015, 04:00:24 pm
Oh I'm not saying they aren't good! I think they'll be #3 for sure and it honestly wouldn't shock me if they beat Paris when Paris comes to Ola

Ha, of course you think that. Two Rivers is really athletic, that's their strong point, but Paris has done well against athletic teams so far this year, like Roland (2x). It's the highly disciplined, hardscrabble teams like County Line (2x) and Huntsville that give them the biggest problems. That typically hasn't been the most accurate description of Two Rivers, although I do think highly of Coach Harrison. It'll really just come down to turnovers I feel. Paris has struggled with that at times this year. Two Rivers usually likes to trap, and if they turn Paris over they'll win. If Paris breaks it consistently it will be another story. I will also say that the Eagles typically don't play very well at Two Rivers, so you could be right. TR is a team that has the ability to really do some damage if everything clicks with Jones, Yates, Whitlow, etc. They'll be a tough out for most teams this year, and I fully expect them to make it to state given how weak 1W-3A is this year. They can beat any team in that conference once regionals roll around.

Out of the 4-3A conference, I would say Ward (obviously), Fenner, McCarly, Trusty, and Jones are all in the discussion at least, but Ward is the only one I would say is definitely top 10.

BigMan15

Quote from: bdog32 on January 15, 2015, 10:40:22 am
Any video online of him i cant see him being top 3 but agrue ur point and give us some stats

Lrbasketballguru

On behalf of ECS, Kelvin Robinson is playing extremely well right now and has been the whole season. His brute strength and refined ball handling make it nearly impossible to keep him out of the paint. Freeman is playing very sound defense, but is less productive offensively due to taking wiser and less shots this year. Martin has just been Martin, very consistent scorer and good defender.

#EagleStrong

January 15, 2015, 06:07:20 pm #23 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 06:11:50 pm by #EagleStrong
The 4-3A has maybe the division's best player (Ward), the division's best scorer (Trusty), the division's best sophomore (Fenner). You can debate all those of course, but I'll make a case for them. Matthew Ward has been incredible as expected, Fenner has had some incredible games (34 points against Alma), and Trusty...well I'm sure a lot you outside of this part of the state don't know about him. You should. He's a state champion golfer, but a heck of a basketball player too with more than 1,500 points in his career. Frustrating to play against because his style is to look to draw fouls, and he's very good at it. He can hit leaners and floaters like it's nothing. He's had multiple 40-point games this year. Against Paris in two games this year, he's scored 40 and 33 (fouled out). By comparison, Ward scored a hard-fought 25 against the Eagles and had just 15 going into the fourth quarter. Austin Lee at Alma scored 22 and was mostly shut down in the second half. Conley at Roland scored 17 and 14. Against Two Rivers, Trusty had 42 points and 19 rebounds (he's a guard). I'll wager Charleston does a great job guarding him tonight, but take note, Trusty can score... a lot.

Pastureboy21

One of the best "scorers" I have seen is Ward from Charleston. He can shoot over any defender in the state. Now best all around player could go to any one of the ECS guards. Wilks from BHG is a great offensive weapon, and has lead them the past two years. Those are just the players I have seen through ECS's games

tacomeat

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 15, 2015, 05:46:35 pm
Quote from: bdog32 on January 15, 2015, 10:40:22 am
Any video online of him i cant see him being top 3 but agrue ur point and give us some stats

I'm not saying anything negative about any of the players being mentioned here - as they're all good or wouldn't be mentioned. Reaves is the best in 4A & below I've seen this yr. I haven't seen many teams from the West or South, but I've watched quite a few in Central AR/NE AR (including ECS). Also, watched Mayflower 3 times last yr & Perry would've had to really improved over the summer to be rated above Reaves.

Wolfpack68

I know yall consider Prescott an average team at best(I consider them a great team) but I  definitely think Ricardo Roberts should be on this list!!

@CurryLegion

I've seen Ward, all the ECS players, Fenner, Wilks, Perry, Reaves, and Chew in person. Some of those guys multiple times, and Reaves is the best. Easy.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 15, 2015, 06:07:20 pm
I'll wager Charleston does a great job guarding him tonight, but take note, Trusty can score... a lot.

Well I was wrong. Trusty had 35 against Charleston tonight, but the Tigers got the win on a Matthew Ward buzzer beater. Believe me, Trusty is hard to guard.

jr17

I would like to add that I have NOT seen Reaves play. So I'm a little uneducated. I'm ready to see him though.

BigMan15

Quote from: bocatfanforlife on January 15, 2015, 09:33:53 pm
I've seen Ward, all the ECS players, Fenner, Wilks, Perry, Reaves, and Chew in person. Some of those guys multiple times, and Reaves is the best. Easy.
u have seen all of these guys this year?

Batman44

Haven't seen all of them, but from what I have seen, I would put Reaves at the top.

@CurryLegion

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 15, 2015, 09:46:11 pm
u have seen all of these guys this year?
Well I haven't seen all of them in 2015, but including 2014 yes.😉

BigMan15

When did u come to a paris game??

cdelaney

Only saw him a little bit at State Finals last year. He is good. Don't know if he is the best or not, I guess we'll have a better idea after Regionals and State this year. But I do dispute the "easy" comment. There are a lot of very good players in 3A this year.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: cdelaney on January 16, 2015, 09:04:25 am
Only saw him a little bit at State Finals last year. He is good. Don't know if he is the best or not, I guess we'll have a better idea after Regionals and State this year. But I do dispute the "easy" comment. There are a lot of very good players in 3A this year.

Yeah, no one in 3A is "easily" better than the EC3 or Matthew Ward. Reaves is definitely on the short list though, maybe the best. Loads of big game experience.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas