• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jerry Perry going back to Mayflower

Started by arkhoops94, January 13, 2015, 04:59:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Exactly. I was saying that I don't blame the player for the fact that he's being allowed to play. I don't blame the AAA either since that's technically within their rules. I'm blaming the coach for allowing this action to go unpunished

PASS

So you have first hand knowledge that there were no consequences set forth by the coach for the players actions? That's my point. You don't know for sure, so quit bashing the coach.

WPWells

January 27, 2015, 11:26:39 am #102 Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 11:29:10 am by 12th Man CHS
You've attacked me on the 3A and 4A boards so far today. Just curious as to what your problem is. Please don't tell me that it's because I don't like girls basketball

smallybells

He is playing, so apparently there wasn't too much of any. The point is there are 2 players on that team that more than likely wouldn't be playing most places after their actions, that is a fact. Who is to blame is debatable.  I know that upsets a few of you on this board and that is fine, no one obsesses over one certain team besides their home one most of the time,  this is a basketball forum and people discuss basketball issues and have differing opinions, plain and simple. At the end of the day it doesn't make a bit of difference and the situation stands as it is and no one is likely to sway the others opinion on the matter, but this is a discussion forum on HS basketball and it is being discussed, when someone mentions something you don't agree with you try and say they are bashing someone personally.....no one made up any of the instances that have been brought up in this forum.

Longfellow

I can tell you for sure, that kid is no longer on my team if I was coach. You can't disrespect teammates, your coach, and school like that. Shameful

PASS

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 27, 2015, 11:26:39 am
You've attacked me on the 3A and 4A boards so far today. Just curious as to what your problem is. Please don't tell me that it's because I don't like girls basketball
Lol, if I didn't like everyone who doesn't like girls basketball, well let's just say that's most people. Didn't think I was attacking you on 4a board, merely being sarcastic to your sarcastic remark. On this thread, I am voicing my opinion about your opinion. I hate when I see people bashing coaches on here. My brother is a high school coach & I know the time, money, sweat & tears these men & women put in. Are they perfect no, but they are all trying to do what they believe to be right. I apologize if I went too far.

bobcats

Quote from: PASS on January 27, 2015, 11:20:05 am
So you have first hand knowledge that there were no consequences set forth by the coach for the players actions? That's my point. You don't know for sure, so quit bashing the coach.

The fact is he enrolled in school and within 2 days he is playing against Jessieville.

WPWells

If a player knowingly left school and enrolled elsewhere and then came crawling back because something didn't go his way, there's no way as a coach I'd even think about letting him back on my team THAT SEASON

And no hard feelings. Just making sure you didn't have an issue with me

jr17

12th man
I have a lot of respect for you. But JP didn't go "crawling back" he had a long discussion with the coach and his teammates. He was welcomed back because he's like family. I thought we were over this?

tiger34

Since you know that he had that long discussion with his coach and teammates, then you should also be able to tell just why he came back to Mayflower.  Why don't you enlighten everyone, then there will be no more speculation, then maybe nobody will discuss it anymore.  Being as you are so close to the situation and no one else anywhere knows anything about it.

Longfellow

Several sources tell me he just wasn't good enough so he came back

neds

Quote from: tiger34 on January 27, 2015, 01:14:28 pm
Since you know that he had that long discussion with his coach and teammates, then you should also be able to tell just why he came back to Mayflower.  Why don't you enlighten everyone, then there will be no more speculation, then maybe nobody will discuss it anymore.  Being as you are so close to the situation and no one else anywhere knows anything about it.

Not sure that is any of our business

tiger34

I am fairly positive I didn't ask you. 

neds

OK I will be more direct. This is a HS player. This isn't our issue (we are not his family or his coach). There are certain limits to posting and I am 'fairly positive' you have crossed the line.

jr17

Tiger34 your rudeness is overwhelming. Ned's is right. It's not your business bud.

smallybells

Well if it isn't "our" issue the thread should have been squashed 2 weeks ago when it popped up, js.

cdelaney

I think it is reasonable to question the rule that allows him to be eligible immediately, and advocate that the rule should be changed. Not so much questioning the kid or the coach. I for one was surprised that the transfer rules allowed him to play this year, but I was glad for the player and the team, since he has played with them for so long; and I look forward to seeing him the rest of the year. But I do hope the rule is changed.

Brian G

Careful with bashing.  Try to stay more on point about the rule or lack of a rule.

FreeMoney

Can we at least question the integrity of the AAA. They are adults and are paid handsome salaries to ensure fairness and ethics to high school sports. I'll stop there and let everyone ponder that for a moment!!

cdelaney

Quote from: FreeMoney on January 28, 2015, 11:20:23 am
Can we at least question the integrity of the AAA. They are adults and are paid handsome salaries to ensure fairness and ethics to high school sports. I'll stop there and let everyone ponder that for a moment!!
I don't know the history of the wording of this particular rule, in which a kid from a "non-member" school who moves into a public AAA member school can play right away. I don't know if it was something for the home schools, or Math/Science school in Hot Springs. I don't think in this particular instance we can question the AAA's intentions, as I doubt they ever considered a basketball prep school like SWCA at the time, and I hope they correct it.

Brian G

By all means question why.  But every member school shares responsibility.  I saw this coming. I'd expect a chapter will be added to the handbook

FreeMoney

Quote from: B.G. on January 28, 2015, 01:39:03 pm
By all means question why.  But every member school shares responsibility.  I saw this coming. I'd expect a chapter will be added to the handbook
Then they are derelict in their duties as board members. It's easy to cry ignorance and we didn't anticipate this happening. Especially when one of the board members has MANY Mayflower ties. I'll pause now to let that sink in.

cdelaney

Quote from: FreeMoney on January 28, 2015, 01:47:33 pm
Quote from: B.G. on January 28, 2015, 01:39:03 pm
Then they are derelict in their duties as board members. It's easy to cry ignorance and we didn't anticipate this happening. Especially when one of the board members has MANY Mayflower ties. I'll pause now to let that sink in.
I am uncomfortable "defending" AAA on anything, but again, this rule was there way before anyone had an idea there would be a bball prep school that tried to take players from AAA high schools, and certainly before anyone had an idea that Mayflower's best player would leave and go to SWCA, and then want to come back. So there is no connection between the presence of this pre-existing rule and whether Mayflower has anyone on the AAA board.
Now, maybe the player, or his coach, knew the rule when the decision was made to try things at SWCA, knowing that he could change his mind at any time. But the rule was already there.

Brian G

Exactly.

The 'rule' covers it as written.  The question is whether they want that to be the rule now that this issue has presented itself.

The rule I would like is one that would let a kids academic standing transfer with him.  Meaning an inelgible player for grades just can't change schools and be able to play.  But that's another topic another day.

Moonshiner

I'm paraphrasing here, but the basic rule states that a player can transfer back into the district that their parents reside in, as long as it's done within (I believe) the first 11 days of the semester.
And B.G. I thought an academically ineligible player had to sit regardless.  Is this not the case?

Brian G

There are a lot of interpretations of what you would think be "rules".

Moonshiner

Quote from: B.G. on January 28, 2015, 06:01:32 pm

Are you meaning situational rule interpretation? 

FreeMoney

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 28, 2015, 06:03:32 pm
Quote from: B.G. on January 28, 2015, 06:01:32 pm

Are you meaning situational rule interpretation?
No that fine fair ethical group known as the AAA wouldn't arbitrarily apply any rules concerning children. Just wouldn't ever happen hahahahahahaha.

Brian G

They need an enforcement and investigative division. :)

Hogwild#9

Quote from: jr17 on January 27, 2015, 02:33:56 pm
Tiger34 your rudeness is overwhelming. Ned's is right. It's not your business bud.
Mayflower's coach has no control over his team and JP was not good enough for SWC and the AAA needs to fix a rule. That about sums this up.

Longfellow

RedWolf275

Quote from: B.G. on January 28, 2015, 07:41:36 pm
They need an enforcement and investigative division. :)

B.G. I would say this is an understatement!

jr17

I don't know where he wasn't good enough came from. He got considerable playing time I'm pretty sure. Did anyone attend a swc game?

Lrbasketballguru

I'm almost positive JP started at SWC. He is much improved on jump shooting and is more explosive now. Very solid player, and Mayflower is now very dangerous and ready to wreak havoc with him. Please stop bad mouthing him, he is a great player and I assume a good person.

neds

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on February 02, 2015, 10:02:48 pm
I'm almost positive JP started at SWC. He is much improved on jump shooting and is more explosive now. Very solid player, and Mayflower is now very dangerous and ready to wreak havoc with him. Please stop bad mouthing him, he is a great player and I assume a good person.

Do you predict another upset of ECS tomorrow?

jr17

No No. No upset. I just believe it will be closer than the precious game

Hogwild#9

JP will not make a difference with this team because they already had to many I's and is just another I. No way he started at SWC.  ECS will beat Mayflower by 30 again

neds

jr17

February 03, 2015, 06:37:10 am #138 Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 07:27:45 am by jr17
Just a little piece of info for tonight, Long is most likely out with an arm injury.

jr17

Hogwild
He's already made a difference. Just look at the points differential from teams the played without him VS teams they've played with him. Ex. Bismark, close game the first go round. I think it was with 10 points. Mayflower ran them out of the gym the other night with perry.

3ADude

Long was a non factor in the last game.  ECS to fast and athletic for him.  JP will make a difference but it won't be enough.  ECS wins by 20.

cdelaney

Quote from: 3ADude on February 03, 2015, 09:30:34 am
Long was a non factor in the last game.  ECS to fast and athletic for him.  JP will make a difference but it won't be enough.  ECS wins by 20.

Longfellow

Well 3Adude pretty much called it. Anybody got stats?

Hogwild#9

Quote from: Hogwild#9 on February 03, 2015, 12:05:24 am
JP will not make a difference with this team because they already had to many I's and is just another I. No way he started at SWC.  ECS will beat Mayflower by 30 again
@Jr17. Right on the money boyz

neds

Nothing official to share on stats. ECS worked the ball for pretty even scoring by all.
Mayflower does have a lot of 'I' and not much D
Poor free throw shooting doesn't help. Jessieville is a bigger threat at regionals in my opinion. Maybe BHG if they get healthy.

jr17

I stand corrected. Like I said in another thread. Barring injury, no 3A team will touch episcopal this year.

Radiotalker

Quote from: jr17 on February 04, 2015, 07:10:51 am
I stand corrected. Like I said in another thread. Barring injury, no 3A team will touch episcopal this year.

Yep, they are kinda like the Shiloh of football a few years ago.

Eagle20

Quote from: Hogwild#9 on February 03, 2015, 09:00:37 pm
Quote from: Hogwild#9 on February 03, 2015, 12:05:24 am
@Jr17. Right on the money boyz
He started at Southwest Christian.  They did get a transfer from Maumellse at Christmas and that may have hurt his playing time starting the second semester.

neds

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 04, 2015, 08:37:05 am

Bad of you

cdelaney

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 04, 2015, 08:37:05 am

Oh Brother!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas