• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Games 1/12/15

Started by bulldog42, January 12, 2015, 07:16:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog42

Here are the games for tonight 1/12/15 per AHSAA, * Denotes conference.

3A1E
Marshall @ Flippin *

3A2
Barton @ England (Boys)

3A3
Rivercrest @ Corning (Girls) *
Hoxie @ Osceola (Girls) *
Piggott @ Manila (Girls) *

3A8
Norphlet @ Smackover

bulldog42

I will be posting the Marshall/Flippin scores.  At least Half-time and final.  Will try to give quarter updates.

bulldog42

Sr girls end of 3
Flippin 40
Marshall 32

bulldog42

bulldog42

Flippin boys lead 19-10 after 1 over Marshall

bulldog42

Flippin leads 27 to 15 at the half

bulldog42

Flippin leads 38-24 after 3. 

bulldog42

Flippin wins 51-39, improves to 21-5 and 8-0.     Marshall got as close as 8 in the 4th

LadyCats

Corning Lady Cats Beat Rivercrest 82-56!!

lorettalynn

So when Marshall got close Flippin got rough out there so  that is their weakness

FlippinHog

Quote from: lorettalynn on January 13, 2015, 09:36:44 am
So when Marshall got close Flippin got rough out there so  that is their weakness

Huh?  It was a hard fought, physical, conference game.  On both sides.  Both teams were a little chippy the entire night, which is natural between two very good conference rivals.  The officials called 25+ fouls in the second half alone and still almost lost control of the game.  It wasn't Flippin getting "rough" when Marshall made a run. 

To me, Flippin's weakness is FT shooting.  Maybe the actual % would suprise me, but I don't think so.  It's a mystery, because they have some good shooters on the team.   

hawgsroll

Quote from: lorettalynn on January 13, 2015, 09:36:44 am
So if that is their only weakness, then they should be in good shape.  Most teams would probably "wish" their weakness was that when the game gets close, they get rough.  I would lot rather have that weakness than to have to say my weakness is that "we don't have a very good inside game" or "we can't shoot the ball well" or "my guards can't break the press" or "my team chemistry is bad".   I think Flippin is probably happy about the apparent weakness you think you saw.  I personally would agree with FlippinHog about their weakness being FT %.   It has been a crazy thing.  One game they will shoot 90% and hit most free throws and the next game they will shoot less than 50%.  That needs to be fixed or they will lose early in the regional and/or state tournament and season will be over.   

bobcats

January 13, 2015, 03:03:51 pm #12 Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:01:01 pm by bobcats
Being a Marshall fan at the game the officiating was good.  Both teams played hard and to me it had the feel of a championship game.  As long as Symser is on the court Flippin is hard to beat.  He tends to get in foul trouble and when he was out of the game is when Marshall would make their runs.  He is a match up problem with every team in our conference.  Marshall is a good shooting team, but not last night.  Congrats to both teams and look forward to the rematch on the 29th @ Marshall.

HeadTiger

If you your reaction was like that after a loss at valley... Always the refs there....😮

neds

Jimbo Morphis

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas