• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Earle vs. Episcopal

Started by Lrbasketballguru, January 10, 2015, 04:16:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lrbasketballguru

This coming Tuesday, Earle and Episcopal will square off in Little Rock. I see this as the one potential potential pitfall (and maybe AB)
for ECS throughout the rest of their schedule. Does anyone agree with this? Earle has a very strong winning tradition in basketball, and look to be quite good this year.

neds

smallybells

Even as a long suffering Perryville alum, I'll have to with Neds on this one 😕

Hogfan167

I have seen Earle and if ECS is the clear 3A favorite they(ECS) should win at home.

WPWells

pioneers

If episcopal doesn't come ready to play Earle could beat them. Earle is looking like it is starting to get thighs rolling and could be a dangerous team if they hit their outside shots and play a full game. I think Episcopal wins the game. Does anybody know if the bohanon kid will play? He didn't play against bic Friday.

HeadTiger

I watched Earle at the Lendall Thomas in Harrison..Haven't seen ECS but Earle didn't look to good. ECS shouldn't have a problem..

neds

Episcopal 'plays up' when they need to, Tuesday will be one of those nights. They understand Earle is good, they will be ready.

Eagle20

Eagle20

Do not know if AB can score enough to beat ECS but it is tough score around the rim on the Eagles also.  ECS better be hitting from the outside that night.  ECS still has to go to BHG also.  That could be interesting! 

BoxNOne

I like ECS by 10-15. If the game was at Earle my prediction would be substantially different.

WildcatGrandpa13

ECS beat Mayflower by almost 40 on Friday night and many posters on this board have said Mayflower is a top 5 team in the 3A...At home ECS has a good amount of kids come and cheer in their "Marsh Pit." Makes for a hostile environment. ECS by 20+

WPWells

Mayflower is not a top 5 team. MAYBE top 10

Mr. Trill

It's almost disrespectful to say that Earle will lose by 20+. Yes, it will close but ECS should come out with a win. 1 thing is for sure EARLE DO NOT GET BLOWN OUT!

neds

Quote from: Mr. Trill on January 11, 2015, 03:39:56 pm
It's almost disrespectful to say that Earle will lose by 20+. Yes, it will close but ECS should come out with a win. 1 thing is for sure EARLE DO NOT GET BLOWN OUT!

I would agree with that

Head Lion

ECS should win, but no doubt will help both teams gear up for post season play. ECS by 12, at the Dogg Pound a whole different story. I wished it was where I could see it, good luck to both teams and stay healthy.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 11, 2015, 02:22:46 pm
Mayflower is not a top 5 team. MAYBE top 10
I never said they were, but more than a couple posters put them in their preseason top 5

WPWells

The Demozette top 5 is right on the money IMO. ECS is #1 and you can argue with the order for 2-5. Probably Charleston should be ahead of Paris due to head to head:

Here's are the teams that I believe to, without a doubt, be the current top 5:

ECS
Charleston
Cedar Ridge
Flippin
Paris

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 11, 2015, 04:27:19 pm
The Demozette top 5 is right on the money IMO. ECS is #1 and you can argue with the order for 2-5. Probably Charleston should be ahead of Paris due to head to head:

Here's are the teams that I believe to, without a doubt, be the current top 5:

ECS
Charleston
Cedar Ridge
Flippin
Paris
I don't know anything on Cedar Ridge and Flippin, but I'll take your word for it. What division are Flipping and Cedar Ridge in?

bulldog42

Flippin is in 3A1E and  Cedar Ridge is in 3A2

TheGovernor

Cedar is definitely a top 5 team. They have one of the best players in the state and will win their tough conference

ISU7

January 12, 2015, 12:18:42 pm #21 Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 12:25:08 pm by ISU7
Quote from: HeadTiger on January 10, 2015, 06:32:41 pm
I watched Earle at the Lendall Thomas in Harrison..Haven't seen ECS but Earle didn't look to good. ECS shouldn't have a problem..
Earle hadnt been in basketball long when they were in that tourney, being they made it to the semi's in football ;D` They are a whole different team from what you saw. :) 8). I still believe ECS will win in the Rock. 8)

pioneers

Does anybody if the two players that didn't play against bic will play against episcopal?

WildcatGrandpa13

Are the Earle faithful planning on traveling to LR tonight? How will the turn out be?

NEark tigers

Unfortunately, I won't be able to be there. Bulldog Nation will be up to the challenge of the ECS, Inc.

cdelaney

Quote from: NEark tigers on January 13, 2015, 12:26:08 pm
Unfortunately, I won't be able to be there. Bulldog Nation will be up to the challenge of the ECS, Inc.
Long trip for a weeknight non-conference game. I hope ECS returns the game next year in Earle and it's on a Friday. Would like to experience this Dog Pound I have heard of!

NEark tigers

Quote from: cdelaney on January 13, 2015, 01:27:34 pm
Quote from: NEark tigers on January 13, 2015, 12:26:08 pm
Long trip for a weeknight non-conference game. I hope ECS returns the game next year in Earle and it's on a Friday. Would like to experience this Dog Pound I have heard of!
I was kinda shocked that both scheduled this game in the heart of both of their conference schedules. It would be nice for them to come to the Pound next year.

NEark tigers

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on January 10, 2015, 04:16:58 pm
This coming Tuesday, Earle and Episcopal will square off in Little Rock. I see this as the one potential potential pitfall (and maybe AB)
for ECS throughout the rest of their schedule. Does anyone agree with this? Earle has a very strong winning tradition in basketball, and look to be quite good this year.
Great assessment. +1

neds

NEark tigers

How many games tonight? The game must have started early than expected.

neds

Final 61 - 43 ECS
Only girls and boys varsity played. Due to travel time the junior boys didn't travel

NEark tigers

Okay..no wonder why it ended so early.

WildcatGrandpa13

Everyone thought I was crazy when I said 20+...wasn't far off at all. Wildcats played very well tonight. Good win for the boys

ISU7

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on January 13, 2015, 08:32:52 pm
Everyone thought I was crazy when I said 20+...wasn't far off at all. Wildcats played very well tonight. Good win for the boys
I said on another topic ,wehn ask about Earle beating ECS that the Wildcats were on a entirely different level than the teams from the 3-2A conf. ;D

BoxNOne

This Earle team is not as good as some they have had. ECS is the class of 3A and should have rolled at home as they did.

Pastureboy21

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 14, 2015, 08:38:22 am
This Earle team is not as good as some they have had. ECS is the class of 3A and should have rolled at home as they did.
Confused

neds

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on January 10, 2015, 04:16:58 pm

Any other predictions?

Eagle20

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on January 13, 2015, 08:32:52 pm
Not me!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas