• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tigers vs Eagles Round 1

Started by The Dynasty, January 06, 2015, 09:14:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglefan568

great game to watch  both teams are
very good   congrats to charleston

The Dynasty

Paris got all the calls. Had the home court. Played C'towns second team outside of Ward in the second quarter and still couldn't do it. I love it!!!!!

Great win Tigers and Lady Tigers!!!!

The Chief CL

Played the 2nd team?  What's the deal there?

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 09, 2015, 09:58:33 pm
Paris got all the calls. Had the home court. Played C'towns second team outside of Ward in the second quarter and still couldn't do it. I love it!!!!!

Wait....so being down your coach puts in the second string? Highly doubt! But as mentioned earlier why can charleston learn how to act like they've won a game before? Think I may have figured it out most of the posters haven't won! Lol back when half this board were actually team members, or bench warmers charleston was everyone's 🍰 game! #livingthroughurkids #winsdontmakewinners

WPWells

The irony is that you're the worst on this whole board about living through their kids

BigMan15

Very good game on both sides...i think paris and fenner earned some respect tonight...Ward looked great..king stepped up and knocked down some huge 3s..looking forward to the next game in Charleston..

WPWells

Heard both Fenner and Ward went off. Congrats to both great players

neds

BigMan15

Are u making excuses of why the game was close...come on man...what was the foul count in 2nd half...how many times did smith get bailed out..he walked all night...illegal screens all night...elbows flying..but normally i dont say that stuff but just stop ur whinning Charleston won tonight because they played better, end of story..

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 09, 2015, 10:20:02 pm
The irony is that you're the worst on this whole board about living through their kids
Again so cute.....I don't even have a kid that pertains to this thread! Just have a problem reading "stupid"

#EagleStrong

I wouldn't talk too much about the officiating. Charleston's D played very physical and earned most, not all, but most of their fouls in the first half. They played the same physical D in the second half and only had two fouls till late in the fourth quarter. It's like I said in another thread, the reffing may have been bad, but it was equal opportunity bad. Don't diminish the game, it was an epic contest. These two look leagues ahead of the other teams in the region.

#EagleStrong

Also kudos to Charleston's fans; they travel well and they were into it. If there's a more passionate fan base in 3A, I'd like to see it.

WPWells

I heard that it was bad early on and then kinda settled out into a very good game. I fully expect these two teams to meet at least four times this year. Congratulations to all y'all from Paris who have showed class tonight AKA everyone but #3

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: The Chief CL on January 09, 2015, 10:07:25 pm
Played the 2nd team?  What's the deal there?

I think he means cuz our WHOLE starting 5 was in foul trouble within 2 minutes. Honestly I had never seen anything like it. It was amazing. But we won so nbd. That team was on a mission tonight. Not even the reffs were gonna beat us. Although they gave it their best shot. No excuses though. You have I rise above and that's what we did. GREAT WIN TIGERS ANS LADY TIGERS!!!!

The Dynasty

Quote from: Eagle fan #3 on January 09, 2015, 10:18:09 pm

Wait....so being down your coach puts in the second string? Highly doubt! But as mentioned earlier why can charleston learn how to act like they've won a game before? Think I may have figured it out most of the posters haven't won! Lol back when half this board were actually team members, or bench warmers charleston was everyone's 🍰 game! #livingthroughurkids #winsdontmakewinners

He had to play the second string because of foul trouble Einstein. You have no clue how many games the Tigers won when I played so stop figuring.

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 09, 2015, 10:30:04 pm

Are u making excuses of why the game was close...come on man...what was the foul count in 2nd half...how many times did smith get bailed out..he walked all night...illegal screens all night...elbows flying..but normally i dont say that stuff but just stop ur whinning Charleston won tonight because they played better, end of story..

13-2 on fouls in the first quarter dude. Get real if you don't think that changed the game. The amazing thing is C'town lost Fenner in transition on a regular basis. Didn't rebound. Got into huge foul trouble. Played the majority of the first half with the second string on the road and still won.

Paris can shoot. They cooled off in the fourth and couldn't score down the stretch. That was the difference in the game.

sillyrabbit

I don't remember Paris getting within 20 points of any team I played for.....

The Dynasty

Quote from: sillyrabbit on January 09, 2015, 10:44:43 pm

Great point.

ChucktownTiger

I'll let u hold my state ring. Think before you post!!!!

WPWells

I played for a basketball state championship, but I think I've figured you out. You're the one who's never won anything so every time someone beats you all those feelings you had every time you lost come rushing back

ChucktownTiger

Nothing special when I was in school.

Eagle fan #3

And you are what a junior now?
And here's my "Einstein" outlook on the game as mentioned earlier in the thread Charleston started slow Eagles in full aggression 1st half charleston found their self in early foul trouble so adjusted to a zone, 1 3 1, shutting down the outside shot of Fenner and Fritzgerald, forcing the Eagles to go down low which they were unable to do! PERIOD! that was the ballgame....no refs, no home court, no "classy" fans ;) just better ball playing in the end to finish the game.
Signed,
The only unclassy Paris fan aka the one to call you out

sillyrabbit

Quote from: Eagle fan #3 on January 09, 2015, 11:05:20 pm

And here's my "Einstein" outlook on the game as mentioned earlier in the thread Charleston started slow Eagles in full aggression 1st half charleston found their self in early foul trouble so adjusted to a zone, 1 3 1, shutting down the outside shot of Fenner and Fritzgerald, forcing the Eagles to go down low which they were unable to do! PERIOD! that was the ballgame....no refs, no home court, no "classy" fans ;) just better ball playing in the end to finish the game.
Signed,

No, I graduated in the 2000s. But, I do remember Paris talking a big game, in every sport, about how it was going to be "their year." This always resulted in a laughable outcome.

The Dynasty

Signed,

It was actually a 2-3 after the first pass.

fbisgreat

Look i was at the game the 1st half it was 1
9 to 8 on fouls.CHS deserved at least 15 but Paris should have had 12 to 15.Paris had 34 points at half with 20 being free throws.The 2nd half it was 11-5 with Paris having more but a couple was at the end .But overall great game by both teams.Paris is a good team.

The Dynasty

Quote from: fbisgreat on January 09, 2015, 11:20:58 pm
Look i was at the game the 1st half it was 1
9 to 8 on fouls.CHS deserved at least 15 but Paris should have had 12 to 15.Paris had 34 points at half with 20 being free throws.The 2nd half it was 11-5 with Paris having more but a couple was at the end .But overall great game by both teams.Paris is a good team.

GREAT stat!!!! 20 first half points of free throws. WOW!!!!

BigMan15

The reason for that would be paris was very aggressive in the first quater and i think ctown was shocked and kept reaching and hacking..

#EagleStrong

January 09, 2015, 11:28:00 pm #127 Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 11:33:25 pm by #EagleStrong
This bickering really isn't going anywhere guys, could you just drop it? Two really good teams played tonight. The one with more experience won. If fouls gave Paris the lead, then fouls took it away from them too, it was pretty bad in the second half. It evens out. Charleston started five seniors. Paris started one. That experience was the edge. When you get that mix of experience and talent, you get a great team, and that's what Charleston is. I'll be shocked if these two aren't battling for the district and regional championships this year and making deep state runs. I hope Charleston represents the conference well, and I'm sure they wish the same of Paris. Maybe we will make runs in the state tourney. If indeed Charleston does win the region and both teams do make those runs, do me a favor and beat Episcopal in the semis. I'd love to see Round 5 between these two in the state title game. Dream scenario, sure. But dreams are what make sports great. Eagles fans, Tigers fans, we're in for a great season.

BigMan15

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 09, 2015, 11:13:48 pm

Signed,

Wow, you taught me something new tonight! I never knew a 2-3 had a guy at half court (Ward) denying the guard to guard pass. Might wanna check that bball knowledge you spitting. Ward up top two wing defenders Smith in the middle and King down low....sounds like a 1-3-1 to me 😂 lol 2-3 that's good stuff right there

The Dynasty

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 09, 2015, 11:28:00 pm
This bickering really isn't going anywhere guys, could you just drop it? Two really good teams played tonight. The one with more experience won. If fouls gave Paris the lead, then fouls took it away from them too, it was pretty bad in the second half. It evens out. Charleston started five seniors. Paris started one. That experience was the edge. When you get that mix of experience and talent, you get a great team, and that's what Charleston is. I'll be shocked if these two are battling for the district and regional championships this year and making deep state runs. I hope Charleston represents the conference well, and I'm sure they wish the same of Paris. Maybe we will make runs in the state tourney. If indeed Charleston does win the region and both teams do make those runs, do me a favor and beat Episcopal in the semis. I'd love to see Round 5 between these two in the state title game. Dream scenario, sure. But dreams are what make sports great. Eagles fans, Tigers fans, we're in for a great season.

Excellent post.

WPWells

You're the only one who hasn't shown any respect. Drop it

The Dynasty

Quote from: Eagle fan #3 on January 09, 2015, 11:33:01 pm
Quote from: The Dynasty on January 09, 2015, 11:13:48 pm

Signed,

Wow, you taught me something new tonight! I never knew a 2-3 had a guy at half court (Ward) denying the guard to guard pass. Might wanna check that bball knowledge you spitting. Ward up top two wing defenders Smith in the middle and King down low....sounds like a 1-3-1 to me 😂 lol 2-3 that's good stuff right there

Smh vigorously. You're right Scooter.

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 09, 2015, 11:34:16 pm
You're the only one who hasn't shown any respect. Drop it
who hasnt shown respect

The Dynasty

BigMan15

Dynasty is keeping it going...btw did i see u tonight dynasty

Eagle fan #3

This bickering really isn't going anywhere guys, could you just drop it? Two really good teams played tonight. The one with more experience won. If fouls gave Paris the lead, then fouls took it away from them too, it was pretty bad in the second half. It evens out. Charleston started five seniors. Paris started one. That experience was the edge. When you get that mix of experience and talent, you get a great team, and that's what Charleston is. I'll be shocked if these two aren't battling for the district and regional championships this year and making deep state runs. I hope Charleston represents the conference well, and I'm sure they wish the same of Paris. Maybe we will make runs in the state tourney. If indeed Charleston does win the region and both teams do make those runs, do me a favor and beat Episcopal in the semis. I'd love to see Round 5 between these two in the state title game. Dream scenario, sure. But dreams are what make sports great. Eagles fans, Tigers fans, we're in for a great season.
honestly, of course I'm pulling for Paris, but I wasn't personally vested in this game. Didn't have one player out there that belongs to me. I posted here to begin with because I won't sit back an read post personally calling out a kid, spreading rumors they were told, over social media no matter who the child belongs to! That is unacceptable and if I remember correctly Chucktowners got especially upset and jumped on Ty's defense when it was posted on here that he was from Fort Smith and was recruited by Charleston, although his own FB page states he lives in the Fort, but they weren't considerend "unclassy" an "Einstein" or someone that takes things personally an attacks such as I have. But for the record if a child is called out on here and 💩 is trying to be stirred then believe I'm going on the attack, classy or not!

The Dynasty

You need to stay off kids FB pages. I've seen Lifetime movies that have started out like that. Creepy....

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 10, 2015, 12:05:09 am
You need to stay off kids FB pages. I've seen Lifetime movies that have started out like that. Creepy....
The FB page that was plastered everywhere??? Your cracking me up. I don't like Charleston not the Razorbacks so your hero is of no concern to me rest assured of that!

chuckBB

Congratulations to lady Tigers. They are very tough ladies. They will get better and will more games in the future.

Charleston boys are playing better and worked as a team tonight. It was a tough game because this game challenged more emotionally and it was very personal however you overcame and won the game. Proud of you.

We will have a very good conference this year. Good work Paris teams.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Eagle fan #3 on January 10, 2015, 12:08:00 am
The FB page that was plastered everywhere??? Your cracking me up. I don't like Charleston not the Razorbacks so your hero is of no concern to me rest assured of that!

I could care less what you like. You are the prototypical hater. We are use to people like you. Keep hating brah. It means the Tigers are doing something right. 

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 09, 2015, 11:51:24 pm
Dynasty is keeping it going...btw did i see u tonight dynasty

I'm everywhere..... So who knows....

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 10, 2015, 12:19:57 am
Quote from: Eagle fan #3 on January 10, 2015, 12:08:00 am

I could care less what you like. You are the prototypical hater. We are use to people like you. Keep hating brah. It means the Tigers are doing something right.
Brah, which btw I would be a sis, you have finally posted something correctly I am a prototypical hater but only of pompous 🐴🐴! I have nothing personal against "Charleston" I'm not from Arkansas and the talent that you all get so hyped about would be put to bed quickly by the teams I grew up supporting, the one that produces the likes of PRO PLAYERS such as Kevin Norwood, so please don't flatter yourself! I just don't agree with, what should be grown adults, spreading slanderous (which mean untruthful statements that could damage ones reputation) on children! It's LOW CLASS AND TRASHY in my opinion only point I even came on here to make! Those types of comments in no way pertain to said sporting event that a thread is started about!

pioneers

Good win by charleston tonight in what seams to be a hostile environment at Paris. Not using hostile as bad but a hard place for opposing teams to play at. I Didn't really care who won this game but just by reading all the comments the game itself is being put to the side for all the negative comments being placed on here. Let's don't forget that these are young men that go out and compete on a daily basis for their town, school, fans, family and their team and all the praise should be going to them after they went out and played their hearts out.

I feel like both teams will have a great amount of success this year and wish the best of luck to both teams for the remainder of the year.

sillyrabbit

First off, no Paris supporter should be giving any Charleston posters an English lesson. Next, who is Kevin Norwood and why does anyone care?

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: sillyrabbit on January 10, 2015, 01:09:26 am
First off, no Paris supporter should be giving any Charleston posters an English lesson. Next, who is Kevin Norwood and why does anyone care?
Oh but she did....so who gonna check me boo? 😂😂
And you should google Kevin, not hard to find....Seattle Seahawks WR taken in the 4th rd of the NFL DRAFT. I mean the kids no charleston player or anything don't be silly, silly.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: Eagle fan #3 on January 09, 2015, 11:54:02 pm
honestly, of course I'm pulling for Paris, but I wasn't personally vested in this game. Didn't have one player out there that belongs to me. I posted here to begin with because I won't sit back an read post personally calling out a kid, spreading rumors they were told, over social media no matter who the child belongs to! That is unacceptable and if I remember correctly Chucktowners got especially upset and jumped on Ty's defense when it was posted on here that he was from Fort Smith and was recruited by Charleston, although his own FB page states he lives in the Fort, but they weren't considerend "unclassy" an "Einstein" or someone that takes things personally an attacks such as I have. But for the record if a child is called out on here and 💩 is trying to be stirred then believe I'm going on the attack, classy or not!

I never spread a rumor I never "made anything up"! I asked about the status of a player. After the fact of hearing he would not be playing by a Paris parent of a team member and a few kids from charleston who know him. Then later heard it from Paris player themselves. So I'm gonna guess there was something to it. Anyways never said why Paris ppl were telling me he was being disciplined. So grow up and quit being so sensitive.

Eagle fan #3

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on January 10, 2015, 08:44:37 am

I never spread a rumor I never "made anything up"! I asked about the status of a player. After the fact of hearing he would not be playing by a Paris parent of a team member and a few kids from charleston who know him. Then later heard it from Paris player themselves. So I'm gonna guess there was something to it. Anyways never said why Paris ppl were telling me he was being disciplined. So grow up and quit being so sensitive.
Just own what you did, especially since you don't think you did anything wrong, but facts are you did not simply ask the status of the player you went on to state why you heard he wasn't playing and.....IT WAS NOT TRUE! Fenner was under no discipline suspension. And fact of the matter is had you heard that on any other starter it would not have been handled the same way and everyone knows this. Charleston has personal issues with him and I called you out on it! Not being sensitive just stating the FACTS, not trying to start some big drama fest because I don't like a KID!!! Yeah go back an read that last line and justify that one too! I'm done, is what it is, and now the personal vendetta against a what 16 year old, has been exposed! SMDH

WPWells

Go back and read yourself and think about how utterly ridiculous you sound right now

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: Eagle fan #3 on January 10, 2015, 09:11:36 am
Quote from: ChucktownTiger on January 10, 2015, 08:44:37 am

Just own what you did, especially since you don't think you did anything wrong, but facts are you did not simply ask the status of the player you went on to state why you heard he wasn't playing and.....IT WAS NOT TRUE! Fenner was under no discipline suspension. And fact of the matter is had you heard that on any other starter it would not have been handled the same way and everyone knows this. Charleston has personal issues with him and I called you out on it! Not being sensitive just stating the FACTS, not trying to start some big drama fest because I don't like a KID!!! Yeah go back an read that last line and justify that one too! I'm done, is what it is, and now the personal vendetta against a what 16 year old, has been exposed! SMDH

You're right. No need to talk about it any more. You proved my point. I actually think Fenners a good basketball player and just gonna get better! Like you said its over. The better team won. Like it usually does against the Eagles.

On another note. I like sitting so close to the floor like Paris's visitor side. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE our Gym. It's as nice as u can get but sometimes it's nice to go a little old school and be right there on the court!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas