• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tigers vs Eagles Round 1

Started by The Dynasty, January 06, 2015, 09:14:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dynasty

January 06, 2015, 09:14:56 am Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 09:53:14 am by The Dynasty
This Friday marks the match up both of these teams have been waiting for. If ever Paris was going to shed the 'Pretender' title and actually become a 'Contender' Friday night is their best chance. At home against a Tiger team that is still trying to knock the rust off of some of the newly added football players. I don't see it happening. Ward dominates and proves hands down he's the best player in the conference. Tiger D shuts down Paris' perimeter game with physical in your jersey D. Charleston keeps on rolling within the Conference.

ChucktownTiger

Can't wait for this game! I look for the Tigers to come out a little flat, which will allow the Eagles to keep it close for a bit. However, the Tigers are way to talented and to much for the eagles. The Tigers win and win by 10+. I heard from a Paris faithful, that Fenner won't play this week do to discipline issues. Is this true? If so, that would spell trouble for the Eagles.

The Dynasty

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on January 06, 2015, 09:44:01 am
Can't wait for this game! I look for the Tigers to come out a little flat, which will allow the Eagles to keep it close for a bit. However, the Tigers are way to talented and to much for the eagles. The Tigers win and win by 10+. I heard from a Paris faithful, that Fenner won't play this week do to discipline issues. Is this true? If so, that would spell trouble for the Eagles.

WOW!!!!!!!!!

Haven't heard that. I'll have to check the box score tonight and see if he logs any time.

Any Paris faithful have any info on this?

BigMan15

Not sure where u heard that but maybe u shouldve asked me...lol..of course hes playing..

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 06, 2015, 09:53:02 am
Not sure where u heard that but maybe u shouldve asked me...lol..of course hes playing..

I guess we will see tonight.

Regardless it doesn't matter. C'town will be poised and ready. Paris don't have anyone that can go toe to toe with Ward.

BigMan15

Are u saying that i wouldnt know ...haha..its my kid i would tell u..either way Ward is great but unfortunialy it not one on one...paris is a better overall team..if ward has a off game ctown goes down..imo ward will have to score 35-40 for them to win..should be 10-15 point game either way..

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 06, 2015, 10:08:35 am
Are u saying that i wouldnt know ...haha..its my kid i would tell u..either way Ward is great but unfortunialy it not one on one...paris is a better overall team..if ward has a off game ctown goes down..imo ward will have to score 35-40 for them to win..should be 10-15 point game either way..

I'm sorry I lost you at Paris is a better overall team.

BigMan15

Lol...we have more than one player that can score...solid post..good point..not just one great player..we are more balanced..

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 06, 2015, 09:53:02 am

I figured this was asking you! I figured this was the place to go for the info! I'm gonna have to figure out why a true blue eagle fan would tell me that. Maybe he thought he should be disciplined. Im glad he's playin, that way there wil be no excuses!

BigMan15

Me too...is everyone finally healthy for ctown...

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 06, 2015, 10:16:56 am
Me too...is everyone finally healthy for ctown...

Rust and finding our rotation will be a bigger factor than health. Newhart logged some minutes at the Coke Classic.

I wonder if Razorback Reg will be officiating this one.....

BigMan15

Yeah thats what happens when ur football team is good..when do yall make up the games with lamar and danville

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 06, 2015, 10:24:22 am
Yeah thats what happens when ur football team is good..when do yall make up the games with lamar and danville

I'm not really sure. Maybe a perfect time to get a Saturday night game in. I love those weekend night games. Great atmosphere.

BigMan15

Lamar could be a good team...we will find out tonight..you guys will have fun down in atkins for sure..that will be a confidence game..

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 06, 2015, 10:28:05 am
Lamar could be a good team...we will find out tonight..you guys will have fun down in atkins for sure..that will be a confidence game..

I think the games are in C'town tonight. Jr high and Sr High both play.

basketballjones

Obviously Ward is a STUD but does Paris have anyone to guard the big? (although when I have watched him play he doesn't seem to dominate 3A post players like you would expect)

The Dynasty

Quote from: basketballjones on January 06, 2015, 10:41:59 am
Obviously Ward is a STUD but does Paris have anyone to guard the big? (although when I have watched him play he doesn't seem to dominate 3A post players like you would expect)

Granted I haven't seem Paris play but from what I've hear they are basically a 4 guard team. I was thinking along the same lines as you. They better not sleep on Skeets. He's played really, really well this year.

BigMan15

Our post is 6'5 averaging around 10 ppg and 10rpg we are not a 4 guard team..i think we match up well with them..who will they have to match up with fenner and fitzgerald

WildcatGrandpa13

Ward is one of few players in 3A that can completely dominate a game. I don't see Paris knocking down Chucktown, Charleston by 10. How many points is Ward averaging at this point in the season?

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 06, 2015, 10:50:01 am
Our post is 6'5 averaging around 10 ppg and 10rpg we are not a 4 guard team..i think we match up well with them..who will they have to match up with fenner and fitzgerald

Lenny and King will be on Fenner if I were to guess. Two physical seniors that will be prepared to do nothing but lock him down.

The Dynasty

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on January 06, 2015, 10:52:14 am
Ward is one of few players in 3A that can completely dominate a game. I don't see Paris knocking down Chucktown, Charleston by 10. How many points is Ward averaging at this point in the season?

I can't think of a game he's had fewer than 25. And hes had quite a few of 30+. Sorry I don't have the exact numbers. I will try to find them.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 06, 2015, 10:59:45 am

I can't think of a game he's had fewer than 25. And hes had quite a few of 30+. Sorry I don't have the exact numbers. I will try to find them.
If you can't find them its all good. That tells me what I needed to know. Very impressive. Are any schools looking at him?

The Dynasty

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on January 06, 2015, 11:00:53 am

If you can't find them its all good. That tells me what I needed to know. Very impressive. Are any schools looking at him?

26.8 ppg.

Not any big ones to my knowledge. I can't figure out why really. Great shooters are hard to come by this day and age. I know the Hogs could use one.

BigMan15

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 06, 2015, 10:56:32 am

Lenny and King will be on Fenner if I were to guess. Two physical seniors that will be prepared to do nothing but lock him down.

He would shoot over them but they will be in foul trouble early...im excited to see what we do for Ward..no one can stop him but can we slow him down like Scranton did..

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 06, 2015, 11:03:18 am
Quote from: The Dynasty on January 06, 2015, 10:56:32 am

He would shoot over them but they will be in foul trouble early...im excited to see what we do for Ward..no one can stop him but can we slow him down like Scranton did..

I'm sure he will..... ::)

Don't forget Scranton caught Charleston not only without football players but playing their 5th game in 8 days. Not to take anything away from the Rockets but those two things played a part in that game.

The Chief CL

I am really interested in the outcome of this game.

WPWells

BigMan15

Quote from: The Dynasty on January 06, 2015, 11:03:10 am

26.8 ppg.

Not any big ones to my knowledge. I can't figure out why really. Great shooters are hard to come by this day and age. I know the Hogs could use one.

I know uca is looking at him and i think that will be where he goes but who knows..just like ty storey though both are excellent guys and are very smart best of luck to both of them..

BigMan15

If we go by the ranking ctown should win by at least 10-15 if they are number 2-3 in 3A...honestly for Paris they would prove they are top ten if its under a 10 point game...

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: The Chief CL on January 06, 2015, 11:20:06 am
I am really interested in the outcome of this game.

Charleston beats CL by 15-20 PTS.

BigMan15

basketballjones

Is the game @Paris or @Charleston?

BigMan15

The Chief CL

BigMan15

ChucktownTiger

Heard some ppl saying they're getting to the game extra early to make sure and get their spot saved for Friday night. Can't wait for this game. Gonna be a GOOD one.

Girls Game - Eagles by as much as they want

Boys Game - Tigers by 10. If Lenny shuts Fenner down like he did the kid from VB and Waldron, could be more like 15-18 PTS.

Hope the gym is full and rowdy. Can't wait! Get'em Get'em TIGERS!!!

BigMan15

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 07, 2015, 09:02:03 am
Should be a good one..

Great post ChuckTown. I agree. He might score 30 but Fenner will be tired of seeing Lenny and King by the end of the night.

BigMan15

I will be honest last year he would have no prolbem shooting because most of the time he was open because of Ward...this year he has to work alot harder for his points because every night he gets box and one or faceguarded or doubled..it has made him a better player and also makes him respect Ward more for facing the same thing all of last year..

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 07, 2015, 09:11:00 am
I will be honest last year he would have no prolbem shooting because most of the time he was open because of Ward...this year he has to work alot harder for his points because every night he gets box and one or faceguarded or doubled..it has made him a better player and also makes him respect Ward more for facing the same thing all of last year..

Great points.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ward don't guard him some Friday.

BigMan15

I doubt it they cant risk him getting into foul trouble...the same reason fenner wont guard him...

The Dynasty

I'm anxious to see how Paris handles the physical D that C'town will bring. If the refs allow the game to actually be played that way Paris will be in trouble. That's how CL plays and Paris didn't handle it well at all.

WildcatGrandpa13

26.8 ppg.

He might be the best scorer in 3A. That is so impressive. Good for him and good luck to everyone on Friday. I see Ward droppin' a cool 35 in the win over Paris

The Dynasty

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on January 07, 2015, 01:49:08 pm

26.8 ppg.

He might be the best scorer in 3A. That is so impressive. Good for him and good luck to everyone on Friday. I see Ward droppin' a cool 35 in the win over Paris

I like the way you think!!!!

The Chief CL

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on January 07, 2015, 08:25:56 am
Heard some ppl saying they're getting to the game extra early to make sure and get their spot saved for Friday night. Can't wait for this game. Gonna be a GOOD one.

You being a Tiger faithful I can't believe you would say this.

I recall one of you guys getting hammered about a comment similar to this.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: The Chief CL on January 08, 2015, 12:53:31 pm
Quote from: ChucktownTiger on January 07, 2015, 08:25:56 am

You being a Tiger faithful I can't believe you would say this.

I recall one of you guys getting hammered about a comment similar to this.

My views a lil different than adapteds. I think we would crush the walking dead, but not Paris. Our boys on the other hand will CRUSH the Eagles.

BigMan15

Hurtful!!! We will find out tommorrow...i cant wait anyone want to meet up early and talk abou the game..

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 08, 2015, 08:15:09 pm
Hurtful!!! We will find out tommorrow...i cant wait anyone want to meet up early and talk abou the game..

Now ur sounding like adapted!!!

Eagle fan #3

Um....just alittle below the belt with this post! VERY CLASSLESS! How tacky to post a personal issue on a social media site ESPECIALLY when it's only rumored and no facts to back it up! If you were really concerned, which obviously you are, as to if a specific player would be playing why not just ask that question, simply, you know something along the lines of "does anyone know if Fenner will be playing" not the reason he may or may not be playing! Good thing he's not my son or to answer the question below, yes I'd be ready to meet up before the game and "talk". Furthermore I would use the term paris "faithful" lightly personally I wouldn't consider any one faithful to my team or its players if they were spreading malicious rumors to other schools....JMO!

@CurryLegion

Quote from: Eagle fan #3 on January 09, 2015, 12:23:30 am
Um....just alittle below the belt with this post! VERY CLASSLESS! How tacky to post a personal issue on a social media site ESPECIALLY when it's only rumored and no facts to back it up! If you were really concerned, which obviously you are, as to if a specific player would be playing why not just ask that question, simply, you know something along the lines of "does anyone know if Fenner will be playing" not the reason he may or may not be playing! Good thing he's not my son or to answer the question below, yes I'd be ready to meet up before the game and "talk". Furthermore I would use the term paris "faithful" lightly personally I wouldn't consider any one faithful to my team or its players if they were spreading malicious rumors to other schools....JMO!
Jeez man, calm down. All he did was ask if he was playing? He didn't start any rumors or anything. No need to overreact quite like that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas