• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What I wrong with ECS

Started by Lrbasketballguru, December 31, 2014, 02:09:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lrbasketballguru

I watched the tourney on livestream, and I have to say I was disappointed in the Wildcats. These kids usually play with so much energy, and it just wasn't there. The team also abandoned the press and couldn't rebound, even against less athletic teams. Depth in the bench has become an issue. No reason they shouldn't have won a game in this tourney.

Lrbasketballguru

One more thing, guys. I hate being pessimistic on these boards, I really do. I just feel this issue needs to be addressed.

Moonshiner

cdelaney

What we learned is that they are not in the Top 100 in the nation. Their biggest issue is lack of depth. They have a dropoff in talent and experience at guard after their top 3 especially against that level of competition but that will not hurt them in 3A play. They are stronger inside this year with both Gooseberrys starting and Becton providing improved minutes for depth.
I would guess they have lost their last game for this season.

Pastureboy21

Quote from: cdelaney on December 31, 2014, 06:40:31 pm
What we learned is that they are not in the Top 100 in the nation. Their biggest issue is lack of depth. They have a dropoff in talent and experience at guard after their top 3 especially against that level of competition but that will not hurt them in 3A play. They are stronger inside this year with both Gooseberrys starting and Becton providing improved minutes for depth.
I would guess they have lost their last game for this season.
Injury free of course.....

neds

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 31, 2014, 06:08:21 pm
Who is the coach there?

Micah Marsh , former ASU point guard. Took this position from Alcoa , TN where he was their varsity coach.

Moonshiner

Quote from: neds on January 03, 2015, 03:31:27 pm
Quote from: Moonshiner on December 31, 2014, 06:08:21 pm
Who is the coach there?

Micah Marsh , former ASU point guard. Took this position from Alcoa , TN where he was their varsity coach.

Thank you.  I had no idea.

neds

Very welcome.
This team has 'played up' in all games so far this season , one conf game at Jessieville being the lone exception. They have also played ALL games away.
They play their first home game on Tues. of this week vs BHG. The school will have an alumni game and dedicate team banners for the first time in school history. It will be a big night for their first home game. Not a good thing being that first opponent.

#EagleStrong

I'll be surprised if it isn't an ECS blowout. BHG has underperformed so far. If anyone in 3A beats ECS, I'll consider it a major, major upset. Even playing them within 10 would be an accomplishment.

neds

26-7 ECS over LRCA start of 2nd

Eagle20

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 03, 2015, 07:09:18 pm
I'll be surprised if it isn't an ECS blowout. BHG has underperformed so far. If anyone in 3A beats ECS, I'll consider it a major, major upset. Even playing them within 10 would be an accomplishment.
underperformed?  Did you expect them to be undefeated right now with the loss of an all-state player, a6'10" center and a 6'9" power forward.  BHG has had one bad loss vs Perryville before Perryvilles good big man got hurt. They played well and we did not play well vs the box and one.  Missed last second shot vs Mayflower and lost 59-58.  Lost to 4A Bauxite who is 11-2 and has one of the best players in the state 56-45 in the finals of their tournament.  They are 9-3 and showed they can play against athletic teams when they beat Monticello who was at full strength in their benefit game.  Monticello is undefeated and ranked in the overall top 10.  I would say it would be a tall order for them to beat Episcopal but I bet they show up to play. 

#EagleStrong

Underperformed given people's somewhat unreasonable expectations for them entering the season. "Underperformed" is a poor choice of words, I grant you. I still think BHG is good, don't get me wrong. People jumped off the bandwagon pretty quickly after the 0-2 conference start that included that loss to Perryville. That's not really fair given the obstacles they've been faced with, and I hope they recognize that BHG is still quite good. Still, I stand by what I said, anything other than an ECS blowout would be surprising, but that has far more to do with ECS than it does with BHG. On behalf of the rest of 3A, I hope it's close though. It's painful to think of this season as trivial, like it's just a way to pass the time until ECS's inevitable crowning ceremony and we're all just playing for second

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: Eagle20 on January 04, 2015, 12:41:43 am
Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 03, 2015, 07:09:18 pm
underperformed?  Did you expect them to be undefeated right now with the loss of an all-state player, a6'10" center and a 6'9" power forward.  BHG has had one bad loss vs Perryville before Perryvilles good big man got hurt. They played well and we did not play well vs the box and one.  Missed last second shot vs Mayflower and lost 59-58.  Lost to 4A Bauxite who is 11-2 and has one of the best players in the state 56-45 in the finals of their tournament.  They are 9-3 and showed they can play against athletic teams when they beat Monticello who was at full strength in their benefit game.  Monticello is undefeated and ranked in the overall top 10.  I would say it would be a tall order for them to beat Episcopal but I bet they show up to play.
I have no doubt they will show up to play. I think every high school athlete in the country shows up to play for every game. But even if a team has been preparing for days for a team, sometimes the gap in talent is all the difference, not the preparation. I agree with EagleStrong, I think playing ECS to 10 points would be an accomplishment.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas