• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yell County Invitational

Started by Littlejohnfan65, December 30, 2014, 10:14:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Littlejohnfan65

Some good basketball being played at Dardanelle the past two days. Finals set for Saturday. In girls finals are Wonderview vs Perryville.

In boys action it will be an All Yell County Final - Dardanelle-Danville.  The Lizards have defeated Johnson County Westside and got by Scranton tonight 57-53.  Danville defeated Perryville and got by Wonderview tonight in OT 62-55.  Jay Trusty had 33 for the Little Johns. A boy they called MJ had 31 for Wonderview.

#EagleStrong

Jay will keep them in a lot of games. Not sure they have the depth to finish ahead of Charleston or Paris, but they'll compete night in night out and could sneak up on someone. Good shot at finishing in the top 4 in that district and getting a win at regionals to make state. Good luck against Dardanelle.

HorseFeathers

Any results for the girls side of the tournament?

Littlejohnfan65

Tonight's semis in girls Wonderview defeated Johnson County Westside in a very good game. Two well coached teams with good talent. Wonderview pulled away late by about 10. Perryville beat Scranton and begin pulling away in the 3rd quarter and keeping a comfortable margin.

Each team guaranteed three games so Saturday will be another full day of basketball with all the consolation games.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Littlejohnfan65 on December 30, 2014, 11:06:59 pm
Tonight's semis in girls Wonderview defeated Johnson County Westside in a very good game. Two well coached teams with good talent. Wonderview pulled away late by about 10. Perryville beat Scranton and begin pulling away in the 3rd quarter and keeping a comfortable margin.

Each team guaranteed three games so Saturday will be another full day of basketball with all the consolation games.

Assuming Wonderview Vs Perryville(I think they've already played once this year?), and Scranton vs Westside(Thnk they already played this year once as well..)

Littlejohnfan65

Thanks Eaglestrong.  Like you I believe Charleston and Paris should be the favorites. Haven't heard or seen anything out of Lamar much.  Two Rivers very talented.   They lost to Scranton in first round of this tourney. No shame in that. Beat JC Westside today.

Longfellow

Every game I watched in this tournament, with the exception of the 4th quarter of the Two Rivers and Wonderview girls game (all I saw of that one) and the Wonderview/WYC boys game, all of the games have had some of the worst officiating I have ever seen.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on December 30, 2014, 11:23:33 pm
Every game I watched in this tournament, with the exception of the 4th quarter of the Two Rivers and Wonderview girls game (all I saw of that one) and the Wonderview/WYC boys game, all of the games have had some of the worst officiating I have ever seen.

This quote gets used so often on here, that I'm not sure if it's a bad thing anymore 8) ... Of Course I've went to games where people have posted on here the officiating was horrible...and I'm thinking dude the school you were there supporting got all the homecooking why are  you complaining?

#EagleStrong

I see plenty of games where officiating is bad, but rarely any where I would consider it in any way biased in favor of one team. Usually both teams get bad calls and it kind of evens out. I almost never see one where I would consider it to have actually affected the outcome to any significant degree. Can't speak specifically to what's happened in that tourney, but that's just how I've seen it in general.

Longfellow

That is what is going on. Neither team is benefiting from the officiating, there are just bad calls being made left and right on both sides. It's not biased officiating, it's just bad officiating

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on December 31, 2014, 09:38:58 am
That is what is going on. Neither team is benefiting from the officiating, there are just bad calls being made left and right on both sides. It's not biased officiating, it's just bad officiating

ah! That's just average officiating around here....go take the test and get your stripes and whistle....Be an AdaptedZebra :D

WPWells

Longfellow, after we graduate several of my buddies and I are gonna get licensed and make our own referee crew. You should jump in with us

Longfellow

I might have to just so at least one ref knows that a jump stop and a euro step is not a travel

WPWells

bootlegger

Quote from: #EagleStrong on December 31, 2014, 12:53:51 am
I see plenty of games where officiating is bad, but rarely any where I would consider it in any way biased in favor of one team. Usually both teams get bad calls and it kind of evens out. I almost never see one where I would consider it to have actually affected the outcome to any significant degree. Can't speak specifically to what's happened in that tourney, but that's just how I've seen it in general.
i agree 100% eagle strong with your assesment of officiating.its pretty much the same state wide so no one gets the edge.everyone that gripes about officiating should be made to call one game so they would see how though it is.

Littlejohnfan65

Perryville girls defeated Wonderview in a close one to win the championship.

Dardanelle defeated Danville by about 20 in boys game.

#EagleStrong

Well Dardanelle is pretty salty anyway. It's not that Danville just doesn't have anyone around Trusty, it's that there doesn't seem to be much consistency around him. When Paris beat them, he had 40 of their 66 points, and even though they gave up 90, what good defensive plays were made seemed like they were made by him too. But then they turned around and clobbered Lavaca in their own tourney and the scoring, as well as the defense, was more spread out. When that happens Danville is very, very dangerous. That should make other teams nervous to play the Little Johns, and if they ever do find that consistency, which is very possible, then look out.

beaverfan

How did perryville boys end up? Is there good player back yet? I watched them play Fountain Lake and it looked like they missed him bad.

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: Littlejohnfan65 on December 30, 2014, 11:13:49 pm
Thanks Eaglestrong.  Like you I believe Charleston and Paris should be the favorites. Haven't heard or seen anything out of Lamar much.  Two Rivers very talented.   They lost to Scranton in first round of this tourney. No shame in that. Beat JC Westside today

Lamar Lady Warriors Beat Pottsville last night 72-55. Lady Warriors headed your way littlejohns on jan 20th I do believe.

smallybells

Quote from: beaverfan on January 04, 2015, 09:59:44 am
How did perryville boys end up? Is there good player back yet? I watched them play Fountain Lake and it looked like they missed him bad.

They did not fair well, their big man did not play and their other starting senior was out sick as well. Both were back last night for a conference game with Glen Rose and Perryville won 72-53, they stuck to the big man like glue, and made it where the point basically did lay ups most of the night, out of 72 points, the point guard had 40 and their big man had 20 or so.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas