• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-3A West

Started by basketballjones, December 21, 2014, 11:27:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

basketballjones

I know Elkins was the favorite coming into the year but have heard at least 5 kids have quit, including 2 All State players and another potential all conference player. What is happening there?!?! Who is the favorite now?

BigMan15

West Fork shouldve been the favorite by far then possibly Lavaca Cedarville then Elkins....i didnt even know elkins had any all state players!!

basketballjones

Yea they had two all staters last season and plenty of talent to go around when I watched last year. Just didn't seem real disciplined or played hard

BigMan15

I watched them in the summer and they were beyond bad..

basketballjones

Must have been when all the kids quit. I'm just trying to find out how/why so many kids would quit

BigMan15

curiousgeorge

One All-State player and a couple role players no longer on the team.  This group was never the favorite in the conference.

WowAnArrowFan

West fork by far? No lol

CincyGuyintheFort

December 27, 2014, 07:39:01 am #8 Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 07:41:38 am by CincyGuyintheFort
I have not seen a ton of ball from this league, but for my money West Fork is the leagues best team, they have a very nice post game, especially for smaller schools ball. They have a great chance tonight(12/27) for a nice nice victory vs. Alma,  @ Alma in the Airedale Classic.   and I can also tell you this, sorry Pirate fans, but Cedarville will more than likely finish in the cellar this season, but at least they got a real cool, old school gym going for them that I got to see the other night.

WowAnArrowFan

No ones sold on alma. They aren't as good as they were last year or year before that. West forks still good though

TheHardTruth

No one's sold on Alma? The team that beat Bentonville?? I know they lost to Paris, but that shouldn't take away from their wins over Lake Hamilton, Bentonville, and Springdale. Alma is talented. This is a good litmus test for the region. Alma beat Cedarville by 40 and lost to Paris by 3. We'll get to see them against WF and Lavaca too.

Having said that, Elkins was never the favorite. It was always West Fork, but they've been a bit of an enigma. Meanwhile Lavaca has played way better than expected. Right now I'd say it's those two and everyone else. No offense to the rest of the conference, but that's just how the season has played out so far.

CincyGuyintheFort

I'm on my way to the Alma Dome right now, I've seen alma and west fork both play this year. West Fork actually may have more size but Almas wing players are so much better than theirs. I would call this game as West Fork +9

WPWells

When you say +9, you mean a 9 point underdog, right?

basketballjones

Quote from: curiousgeorge on December 23, 2014, 08:14:32 pm
One All-State player and a couple role players no longer on the team.  This group was never the favorite in the conference.
Talked to several coaches and parents from other schools and they were the favorites (obviously opinions but when other schools are telling you that it must have some truth to it) and it was 2 All State kids just saying, I have no dog in this fight just what I was told and was curious

CincyGuyintheFort

Yeah my guy. Alma -9 or west fork +9, whichever way you wanna look at it. Just my humble un-biased thought

WPWells

That's what I thought, but some people (cough HF cough) do it the other way

WowAnArrowFan

Who won in the alma vs west fork game

CincyGuyintheFort

Alma up 35-22 at the half. Ended the half on a 7-0 run after WF best, most intense, hustling player; #11 the PG picked up his 3rd foul. It has been cloaer so far than the 13point difference

CincyGuyintheFort

Start of 4thQ its Alma up 57-24. They outscored west fork 22-2 in the third

CincyGuyintheFort

Alma wins 64-34.... Alma used a 28-0 run from 2min left in the 2nd quarter til 40 seconds left in the 3rd quarter to absolutely blow this game open

WowAnArrowFan

Wish we would get the chance to play west fork.

WowAnArrowFan

Quote from: TheHardTruth on December 27, 2014, 03:58:41 pm
No one's sold on Alma? The team that beat Bentonville?? I know they lost to Paris, but that shouldn't take away from their wins over Lake Hamilton, Bentonville, and Springdale. Alma is talented. This is a good litmus test for the region. Alma beat Cedarville by 40 and lost to Paris by 3. We'll get to see them against WF and Lavaca too.

Having said that, Elkins was never the favorite. It was always West Fork, but they've been a bit of an enigma. Meanwhile Lavaca has played way better than expected. Right now I'd say it's those two and everyone else. No offense to the rest of the conference, but that's just how the season has played out so far.
I'm gonna say Lavaca wins the 3a-1 conference.

BigMan15

I still say wf wins but it may be closer than we thought

WowAnArrowFan

Gravette beat west fork and we beat gravette. Should of beat them by more then we did

AT

Quote from: WowAnArrowFan on December 29, 2014, 01:03:29 pm
Gravette beat west fork and we beat gravette. Should of beat them by more then we did

How long have you been a Golden Arrow fan?

BigMan15

Lavaca will play west fork if they beat sacred heart which they should and that will clear some things up

WowAnArrowFan

For a long time @almatracker

AT

Quote from: WowAnArrowFan on December 29, 2014, 01:32:23 pm
For a long time @almatracker

Gotcha. My father was the head coach there for 4 years in the late 80s, early 90s.

BigMan15

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 29, 2014, 01:14:01 pm

Im a closet fan...because i graduated from there..

Moonshiner

Quote from: BigMan15 on December 29, 2014, 01:43:43 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on December 29, 2014, 01:14:01 pm

Im a closet fan...because i graduated from there..

Time to come out of the closet BIG man. 🌺

WowAnArrowFan

We play west fork tomorrow and I can't wait...

basketballjones

I watched WF and Lavaca the other night. Good game and those two are probably at the top of the league. Doesn't matter come regional time, the 3A-4 will bring the brooms out

WowAnArrowFan

Lavaca played hand in hand with Paris with 1 practice with their football guys and I wouldn't be surprised if they beat them come homecoming night. Your comment is invalid.

BigMan15

That was Paris second game with less than a week of practice...we played almost the worst game of the year and lavaca had alot of crazy shots fall but we still won...if they played now Paris wins by 20+

basketballjones

Quote from: WowAnArrowFan on January 03, 2015, 01:58:59 am
Lavaca played hand in hand with Paris with 1 practice with their football guys and I wouldn't be surprised if they beat them come homecoming night. Your comment is invalid.

I respect your a fan but let's be real Lavaca was in that league last year and how did that treat them. I agree they are better but I have family in West Fork and I don't think they will get out of regionals and WF is better than Lavaca.

BigCatMan

Quote from: basketballjones on January 03, 2015, 06:16:19 pm
Quote from: WowAnArrowFan on January 03, 2015, 01:58:59 am

I respect your a fan but let's be real Lavaca was in that league last year and how did that treat them. I agree they are better but I have family in West Fork and I don't think they will get out of regionals and WF is better than Lavaca.

I would not rule either out of state just yet. West Fork has their third coach in three years and last year they finally took to the system at the right time. We also have a new student athlete that will be ready to play on Monday.

#EagleStrong

I am very, very familiar with this region, and I'm telling you that Lavaca and West Fork are both in the discussion of getting a state tournament berth. 4-3A is clearly the superior conference, with two top five teams and three more in the state tourney discussion, but Lavaca and West Fork are both capable of pulling an upset, albeit a mild one, over the #3 and #4 teams out of 4-3A whoever they may be. As for their finish last year, Lavaca was #7, yes, but Paris was #6. We've seen how improved Paris is, so why not Lavaca? If they finish second they will likely play Danville, Two Rivers, or Lamar in regionals, all of which they can beat, although they wouldn't be favored. The same can be said of West Fork. I've seen Lavaca multiple times this year, they play hard-nosed defense and Hedley is a gamer. Don't count them out.

basketballjones

Lavaca will probably beat Elkins and I expect West Fork to down Greenland tonight. I know Tencleve has a very down team this year but how will they do against Mansfield?

WowAnArrowFan

Mansfield lost their best scorer Carl. I'm not sure Mansfield will be a top team in 3a-1
My rankings right now would be:
Lavaca (I'm saying this because it's my team and I believe in them)
West fork
Greenland
Mansfield
Elkins
Cedarville
Hass hall

#EagleStrong

^Agreed. Lavaca and West Fork are 1a and 1b. Curious to see how that plays out. Greenland is the only sleeper so far as I can tell.

WowAnArrowFan

Greenland is a lot better then I thought....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas